GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DudeImGodly']It's $23 if you buy both of them right now how is a GOTY better? You'd prefer to pay $40 over $23?[/QUOTE]

Because there's new content in it? It's not that hard to figure out.

[quote name='Survivalism']Because there's new content in it? It's not that hard to figure out.[/QUOTE]

Except Undead Nightmare has all four of the main DLC's.

It doesn't make since to continue waiting for this GOTY edition that we've all been talking about since last year.

[quote name='PocketIguodala']Just got NFS: HP from last Monday's deals. Everything was in great shape, they just took forever to ship it. Thankfully they already shipped RDR:UN from last night's deals! :D[/QUOTE]

BTW, my NFS also came with an unused online pass. I'm lovin the game so far! :applause:

Those so many games I am considering getting from other sources but because of all these GameFly sales I'm seriously deterred from looking elsewhere. :p

(Also, even though I had originally decided against it, I wound up getting AC: Brotherhood, too. @.@)

[quote name='PocketIguodala']BTW, my NFS also came with an unused online pass. I'm lovin the game so far! :applause:[/QUOTE]

How is NFS compared to Burnout Paradise btw? I know it's not open-world, but being by the same developer, I was curious to know how they stacked up?

the hell is wrong with their shipping? my dnf shipped two weeks ago and haven't received anything.
i've skimmed through here and found a few ppl with similar probs but has anyone discovered what the prob may be?

^i called gamefly cs before to see if my two worlds 2 shipped (i got it in 4 days), and he said if you dont get the game within 5 days to call them cuz u should've received it by then

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']How is NFS compared to Burnout Paradise btw? I know it's not open-world, but being by the same developer, I was curious to know how they stacked up?[/QUOTE]

It's not Burnout. It has the same feel as Burnout games, with amazing sound, a breathtaking sense of speed, and amazingly fun racing. But don't expect to take cars out in the same fashion. I would ram into other cars, expecting them to go flying in epic fashion, and instead they just kinda hit the side of the road and kept going. you can take cars out, but it's much harder to do so. It's an amazing game. Just don't go expecting Burnout and you'll be fine.

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']How is NFS compared to Burnout Paradise btw? I know it's not open-world, but being by the same developer, I was curious to know how they stacked up?[/QUOTE]

They're very different. Like you said Burnout Paradise is open world, there's more emphasis to speed and crashes (very arcadey) and there are no police.

NFS:HP is a race by race kind of game, it is an arcade racer but I'd say leans more towards the sim side (aside from drifting lol), cops and racers dynamic gameplay, and a competitive drive with autolog.

Man Gamefly, you son of a gun, you've 1uped yourself again. *opens digital wallet*

They just shipped my duke nukem game that i bought friday. However i did not find the tracking number, it just says shipped but no further info. Anyone having the same issue?

[quote name='Davivascaino']They just shipped my duke nukem game that i bought friday. However i did not find the tracking number, it just says shipped but no further info. Anyone having the same issue?[/QUOTE]
GameFly doesn't provide tracking number. At least not with my orders.

[quote name='Davivascaino']They just shipped my duke nukem game that i bought friday. However i did not find the tracking number, it just says shipped but no further info. Anyone having the same issue?[/QUOTE]

I think they only give you tracking info if you order 2 or more games.

I never got around to buying Burnout so I'm not too sure but I believe there is a free roam option in NFS. :)

The only thing I found frustrating about it so far is that it is very easy for the CPU to rubberband and catch up to you if you have a huge lead in any given race. Also, in my experience I don't normally take first place til about 3/4 of the way through the race but I'm not sure if that's normal or if it's because this is my first racing game in about 5 years. :)

I bought Two Worlds II, took over a week or so for it to come in.

Honestly, the game looked brand new. The only thing that could have thrown me off is the slice in the Xbox tape to open the game. Disc was flawless, not even any dust from the case or anything.

Really happy with my first used Gamefly purchase.

HAHA, wow. this stuff moves fast, I get home, check crysis 2 and castlevania. both are in stock. throw them in the cart, hit order. and BAM castlevania is gone... at least i got crysis 2! these gamefly sales are CLUTCH, i love it.

I had the same thing happen to me just about 5 minutes ago, except that I had Dead Space 2 instead. I saw the price drop in my cart and I immediately knew that one of the games sold out. I saw that it was Castlevania. I was kinda hoping it was Dead Space 2, because now I'm locked in on a used copy and its a game I actually care if its in good condition or not. I was hoping to be forced into waiting longer on a blackfriday-esque deal for a new copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got Crysis 2 when the deal started, but after further inspection, I've decided that I don't want it anymore. It hasn't shipped yet but idk how/if I can cancel it. Oh well, maybe I'll enjoy it. But I won't.

Ordered Killzone 3 at 9pm Pacific on the 5th and got it via Priority Mail on the 8th. That's some nice service there! Gamestop could learn a thing or two with their "free" shipping (that doesn't go out for 3-4 days and then usually goes via slow-ass UPS ground).

Gamefly's entire business revolves around shipping out games and doing it fast though. So it's not surprising that they are pretty efficient with it.

[quote name='darkskill']I got Crysis 2 when the deal started, but after further inspection, I've decided that I don't want it anymore. It hasn't shipped yet but idk how/if I can cancel it. Oh well, maybe I'll enjoy it. But I won't.[/QUOTE]

You'll have to contact customer service if you want to cancel.

[quote name='io']Ordered Killzone 3 at 9pm Pacific on the 5th and got it via Priority Mail on the 8th. That's some nice service there! Gamestop could learn a thing or two with their "free" shipping (that doesn't go out for 3-4 days and then usually goes via slow-ass UPS ground).[/QUOTE]

Well at least some of you are getting games fast from GameFly. Not the case for me so far. I ordered Mafia 2 back on Monday, said it shipped on Tuesday. As of Saturday, I still hadn't received it and now with no mail on Sunday and I assume no mail tomorrow for Columbus Day, I have to hope it arrives a week later this Tuesday...

As long as it arrives in decent shape though, I won't mind the wait on a good deal.

[quote name='JaM']just bought AC: Brotherhood. my first purchase from gamefly hope its not a dog frisbee with food stains on the booklet.[/QUOTE]
Quote of the day right here lol

[quote name='darkskill']I got Crysis 2 when the deal started, but after further inspection, I've decided that I don't want it anymore. It hasn't shipped yet but idk how/if I can cancel it. Oh well, maybe I'll enjoy it. But I won't.[/QUOTE]

I'll take it if it's 360 and it ships out to you if you can't cancel.

Somehow I was able to grab a copy of RDR:UN(xbox) last night and I'm still hoping for Castlevania to come back in stock...seems like its been OOS all weekend.

Anyone else still waiting for RDRUN and AC:B for PS3 to ship? I ordered them immediately after they were released on Friday yet it still says processing? I better not get retracted on my order just because I ordered two things at once instead of one game or they'll be hell to pay because that's unfair for them to ship them all away to other people that ordered after me (At least RDRUN since that's OOS).

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']Well at least some of you are getting games fast from GameFly. Not the case for me so far. I ordered Mafia 2 back on Monday, said it shipped on Tuesday. As of Saturday, I still hadn't received it and now with no mail on Sunday and I assume no mail tomorrow for Columbus Day, I have to hope it arrives a week later this Tuesday...

As long as it arrives in decent shape though, I won't mind the wait on a good deal.[/QUOTE]

Just Wait and be patient. Gamefly's shipping is slow as heck when ordering only 1 game. My Bulletstorm (PS3) took 11 days to get to me. However, when i order in bulk (3+ games), shipping defaults to Priority Shipping, and I usually get in 2-3 days.

[quote name='NismoZ32']Anyone else still waiting for RDRUN and AC:B for PS3 to ship? I ordered them immediately after they were released on Friday yet it still says processing? I better not get retracted on my order just because I ordered two things at once instead of one game or they'll be hell to pay because that's unfair for them to ship them all away to other people that ordered after me (At least RDRUN since that's OOS).[/QUOTE]

I ended up cancelling my first time order with them a little while back. People were getting there newer orders shipped and my older order was still being processed. They are very inconsistent. It sucks because now I get a bunch of junk email from them, when they couldn't even respond to my inquiry before. The nerve.

update edit: and I ordered multiple games.

[quote name='JungleRot']I ended up cancelling my first time order with them a little while back. People were getting there newer orders shipped and my older order was still being processed. They are very inconsistent. It sucks because now I get a bunch of junk email from them, when they couldn't even respond to my inquiry before. The nerve.

update edit: and I ordered multiple games.[/QUOTE]
Weird I never get any junk mail from them, maybe you can change your email subscription setting in your account. You should give them a try, all of my games I've ordered are like new condition, with the exception of brink, the sleeve was torn because somebody didn't take their time taking off the seal :cry:

[quote name='kouleefoh']Weird I never get any junk mail from them, maybe you can change your email subscription setting in your account. You should give them a try, all of my games I've ordered are like new condition, with the exception of brink, the sleeve was torn because somebody didn't take their time taking off the seal :cry:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice... ;)

[quote name='NismoZ32']Anyone else still waiting for RDRUN and AC:B for PS3 to ship? I ordered them immediately after they were released on Friday yet it still says processing? I better not get retracted on my order just because I ordered two things at once instead of one game or they'll be hell to pay because that's unfair for them to ship them all away to other people that ordered after me (At least RDRUN since that's OOS).[/QUOTE]
Ordered mine at around 4pm PST on Friday had no problems and everything shipped last night.

Ordered Cyrsis 2, AC:B and DA2 for PS3 yesterday. Now I'm kinda having second thoughts about DA2. I like the $12.99 price, but I haven't even played Origins yet. I also see that DA2 isn't that great compared to Origins. Would you guys recommend DA2 or should I just skip it?

[quote name='Gixxer']I haven't even played Origins yet. I also see that DA2 isn't that great compared to Origins. Would you guys recommend DA2 or should I just skip it?[/QUOTE]

My opinion is to skip it. The combat was kinda fun in DA2, but Origins was much better overall. Way more variety in terms of locations and quests. A more solid story as well. DA2 felt like a rushed job by the developers.

If you've had a change of heart on a Gamefly purchase, or it arrives less in a less than expected condition how easy is their return policy?

[quote name='DEADCiTiES']If you've had a change of heart on a Gamefly purchase, or it arrives less in a less than expected condition how easy is their return policy?[/QUOTE]

From what I've read fairly simple. You just send an e-mail about you're request to return the item and get a refund and they send you a return label through you're e-mail so you can quickly send the game(s) back.

[quote name='NismoZ32']From what I've read fairly simple. You just send an e-mail about you're request to return the item and get a refund and they send you a return label through you're e-mail so you can quickly send the game(s) back.[/QUOTE]

Great. thanks!

[quote name='urallgyots']why do I feel like I spend more time searching for deals than actually playing the games?[/QUOTE]

Lol, brother. I hear you.

It seems that when you finally get to the point in your life that you can afford to buy all the games that you want, you don't have the time to play them!

I have a wishlist and I'm under the delusion that once I've obtained most of them I'll decrease my time spent looking and increase time played. I've learned that the list will just keep growing, it's endless! I hate to miss out on a good deal, so it's pretty addictive to search I'm having a great time looking for deals and collecting though :)

[quote name='DEADCiTiES']I have a wishlist and I'm under the delusion that once I've obtained most of them I'll decrease my time spent looking and increase time played. I've learned that the list will just keep growing, it's endless! I hate to miss out on a good deal, so it's pretty addictive to search I'm having a great time looking for deals and collecting though :)[/QUOTE]

Completely agree......At some point I guess I will have to join Cheapassgamers Anonymous. Maybe I will play some of these games then. :)

[quote name='Hellhunt']Lol, brother. I hear you.

It seems that when you finally get to the point in your life that you can afford to buy all the games that you want, you don't have the time to play them![/QUOTE]

[quote name='DEADCiTiES']I have a wishlist and I'm under the delusion that once I've obtained most of them I'll decrease my time spent looking and increase time played. I've learned that the list will just keep growing, it's endless! I hate to miss out on a good deal, so it's pretty addictive to search I'm having a great time looking for deals and collecting though :)[/QUOTE]

this and this :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back