GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='blurrz']If I create an account tonight for the purpose of buying a game, will that automatically start my free trial of the rental service?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I have an account and never rent a game from them.

I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed with tonight's sale. Bought Crysis 2 on Thursday, and I had to wait 6 nights until now for this???

LA Noire is a $14.99 or less game, and Socom 4 is a $9.99 or less game.

Picked up Duke Nukem Forever for 10, Crysis 2 for 15, and RDR Undead Nightmare for 10. All arrived in awesome shape except for Duke with only minor scratches. Duke also took a bit over a week to arrive while the other were here in 3 days. Just my experience for those on the fence from ordering.

FOr those who are complaining about the 20 dollar games from gamefly, know that the prices and games that they put for sale are directly based on supply/demand and how recent a release the games are. If 20 is too much, no one will buy it and we'll see the price dropped in a few weeks. The sales have been awesome lately for the most part, don't complain just for the sake of complaining.

[quote name='Investor']I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed with tonight's sale. Bought Crysis 2 on Thursday, and I had to wait 6 nights until now for this???

LA Noire is a $14.99 or less game, and Socom 4 is a $9.99 or less game.[/QUOTE]

I don't get it.

Who gave you this false sense of entitlement?
You don't like the prices then don't buy.

Pretty simple.
:roll:

I've already gotten Dead Rising 2, KillZone 3, and Bulletstorm from Gamefly so I think this would be a good night to take a break. Especially since I already have Ultimate MVC3 reserved on amazon. I f***ing LOVE gamefly though. Keep up the great deals guys!!!!

Kinda want SOCOM, but because of the lame control scheme I can't justify paying more than $12.99 for it. Paying $20 to suffer with shooting with the R1 button instead of the R2 just doesn't sit well with me. :bomb:

[quote name='DudeImGodly']I don't get it.

Pretty simple.
:roll:[/QUOTE]

I think the biggest problem with the $20 games is that we've been spoiled by $10-15 titles. You don't start low and increase the price later -- after some great titles at cheap prices, seeing a dollar jump angries up the CAG blood. A $5-10 jump is an instant 'F That' for most of us :)

[quote name='urallgyots']lol @ you guys who are buying MvC3. Enjoy your obsolete game[/QUOTE]
lol looks like someone's a little bitter over missing out on MvC3

[quote name='fortunado']Lame ... MvC3 sold out way too fast. I didn't even have a chance.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, totally missed it.

Double your money from the trade in value, go figure.

got my crysis 2 ps3 and rdr:undead nightmare ps3 today. crysis 2 is the LE w/working code and is 9/10. rdr:undead nightmare has a few hairline scratches only visible in direct light at a particular angle, so condition is about 8.5/10. whats awesome about rdr:un is that it also included a HUGE doublesided foldout map/poster. did everyone else who got rdr:un get the poster too?

Strangely $20 was my price point for LA Noire but for some reason I can't get myself to bite. Maybe it's knowing how low Gamefly usually sells its games... or maybe I'm just a real cheap ass.

[quote name='urallgyots']lol @ you guys who are buying MvC3. Enjoy your obsolete game[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I'll be enjoying the casual game with a friend local VS way more knowing I only wasted $10 on it.

Capcom can shove their updates, costume packs, color swaps, and Super, ultra, extra editions up their asses.

Socom never did it for me. I played the single player, beat it, and was totally uninspired to play beyond that. It was terribly insipid and generic. Online worked well enough, but was wayyyyy to slow for me.

Got La Noire from TRU back when it was $50/2 and still havent opened it.

SOCOM 4 is garbage and would not recommend it at ANY price.

Missed out on MVC3, but I will just pick up Ultimate later.

On the fence on LA Noire, but from what I'm seeing there's no replay value. Also, I would like to have the DLC packed in, hopefully a GOTY/Complete/Utimate/etc. Edition will come out in the future (I know Rockstar LOVES repackaging their games)

I'll be enjoying my $10 "obsolete" game and then, in a year, I'll pick up the "obsolete" Ultimate MvC 3 for $10 as well.

[quote name='fortunado']Lame ... MvC3 sold out way too fast. I didn't even have a chance.[/QUOTE]

No you had a chance, you just missed out by not being online at the time the sale went live. I missed out on Undead Nightmare, Dead Rising, Hot Pursuit, New Vegas and Spider-Man for $9.99. I was more upset that the games all stayed out of stock until the day after the sale ended.

lol @ you being mad that people are being a CHEAP ass gamer. why would i spend $30 more for extra crap i don't care about?

calling it obsolete is pretty silly. It's still a fun game for local play and single player, and $10 is the right price if you're just a casual player.

The game never stuck with me like SF4 did but I still probably got a good 30 hours out of it. Well worth the launch price.

What the hell? No false sense of entitlement here. Do you see anyone else at all buying these 2 games at those prices???

I was just pointing out that they are over-priced. That's all!!!

Who the hell made you Mother Superior, Kid?

[quote name='DudeImGodly']I don't get it.

Pretty simple.
:roll:[/QUOTE]

Well since I wanted nothing from GameFly tonight I got Eternal Sonata from GoHastings through Amazon. How is their quality for used games?

Last edited by a moderator:
THIS. :applause:

[quote name='PR Mega X']I think the biggest problem with the $20 games is that we've been spoiled by $10-15 titles. You don't start low and increase the price later -- after some great titles at cheap prices, seeing a dollar jump angries up the CAG blood. A $5-10 jump is an instant 'F That' for most of us :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Shimrra']Sucks that I missed out MvC3 on it but GF is pretty good at restocking there stuff.[/QUOTE]

Hey Dude.

Refresh a few times tomorrow and it may go back in stock. I've had some luck checking in periodically for a game to be available.

Everyone is trashing Socom 4. 24 people reviewed it on CAG giving it has a 4 star rating. I just bought it off of ebay for $12.00 and hopefully it will be a 4 star game.

Excellent if they are PS3 games. About 1/2 of my 360 used games from them won't install, but that's a generalized problem with DVD based games and not with Gohastings. Stick to PS3 games, and you'll be fine. But they rarely come with online codes, though. I would stick with Gamefly for those games that require them for the multi-player mode.

[quote name='shredsofsanity']Well since I wanted nothing from GameFly tonight I got Eternal Sonata from GoHastings through Amazon? How is their quality for used games?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Investor']What the hell? No false sense of entitlement here. Do you see anyone else at all buying these 2 games at these prices???

I was just pointing out that they are over-priced. That's all!!![/QUOTE]

"I had to wait 6 nights until now for this???"

This is probably your first experience with Gamefly's sales but not all of their games are $9.99 :roll:. How about you give examples of where you can currently get these games for cheaper to make your point that they are "over-priced"? These prices are fine.

[quote name='Investor']Excellent if they are PS3 games. About 1/2 of my 360 used games from them won't install, but that's a generalized problem with DVD based games and not with Gohastings. Stick to PS3 games, and you'll be fine. But they rarely come with online codes, though. I would stick with Gamefly for those games that require them for the multi-player mode.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Just thought ES was a steal at that price. Never beat it when I used to have a 360.

Well I cracked and got LA Noire for PS3. I decided after reading another post that GameFly has given me nothing but really good deals so I'm willing to go for $20.

That puts me at:
Dead Rising 2
Mafia II
Red Dead Redemption (Still waiting to arrive.)
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare
Duke Nukem Forever (Still waiting to arrive.)
LA Noire

Now I'm kicking myself for not getting Singularity after thinking about that too.

there are a lot of nicks on the edge of my duke nukem that are kinda sharp. my ps3 only reads discs about 50% of the time now. not directly blaming this game, but it was fine until the day after i put it in.

will gamefly swap this one for a different copy? i kinda like the game.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']there are a lot of nicks on the edge of my duke nukem that are kinda sharp. my ps3 only reads discs about 50% of the time now. not directly blaming this game, but it was fine until the day after i put it in.

will gamefly swap this one for a different copy? i kinda like the game.[/QUOTE]

GUYS. SOMEONE ACTUALLY LIKES DUKE NUKES FOREVER. WE NEED TO TELL GEARBOX THEIR GAME WASN'T A COMPLETE FAILURE.

No but really I think they'll do an exchange or a refund return.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']GUYS. SOMEONE ACTUALLY LIKES DUKE NUKES FOREVER. WE NEED TO TELL GEARBOX THEIR GAME WASN'T A COMPLETE FAILURE.

No but really I think they'll do an exchange or a refund return.[/QUOTE]

No exchanges. Strictly returns only. I hate it too. Though I haven't had an issue to date. Just as a friendly reminder to all again if you get to many refunds/returns they will ban you from buying games.

[quote name='PR Mega X']I think the biggest problem with the $20 games is that we've been spoiled by $10-15 titles. You don't start low and increase the price later -- after some great titles at cheap prices, seeing a dollar jump angries up the CAG blood. A $5-10 jump is an instant 'F That' for most of us :)[/QUOTE]
This!!:applause:

lame, how long do you have to make a return? i might just have to platinum it first, when my disc decides to read. it will take 3 weeks if i send my ps3 back to sony, its only 5 months old.

anyone know a place where i can rent a system for a month? or return it within a month opened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back