GameFly Nightly Deals: Cars 2 $13, Lego: Pirates $15, LittleBigPlanet 2 $18

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
There seems to be a new different sale at GameFly, so please continue discussion there: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306081

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

Note: No new nightly deals this week, but GF's monthly sale is coming this week.

:360: Cars 2 $12.99
:wii: Cars 2 $12.99
:ds: Cars 2 $9.99
:ps3: LittleBigPlanet 2 $17.99
:360: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:ps3: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $14.99
:wii: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $12.99
:ds: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99
:psp: LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean $9.99

[Expired] [hiddenlist]
Wednesday's Deals:
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:ps3: Marvel vs Capcom 3 $9.99
:360: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: L.A. Noire $19.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4 $19.99

Columbus Day weekend deals:
:360: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Red Dead Undead Nightmare $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood $14.99

Also, past deals rise from your grave!
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99

Wednesday's deals:
:ps3: Infamous $14.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption $12.99
:360: Transformers: War for Cybertron $12.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Disney Epic Mickey $12.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Mafia II $7.99
:ps3: Mafia II $7.99
:360: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $9.99

Friday's Deals:
:360: Singularity $7.99
:ps3: Singularity $7.99
:360: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $9.99
:360: Dragon Age II $12.99
:ps3: Dragon Age II $12.99

Tuesday's Deals:
:360: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:ps3: Dead Space 2 $12.99
:360: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Armageddon $12.99
:360: Two Worlds II $9.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $9.99

Monday's Deals:
:360: Brink $9.99
:ps3: Brink $9.99
:360: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit $9.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99
:ps3: Duke Nukem Forever $9.99

Friday-Sunday Deals
:360: Game Party: In Motion $9.99
:360: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $9.99
:360: Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do $14.99
:360: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Homefront $12.99
:ps3: Portal 2 $19.99

Thursday's Deals
:360: Dance Paradise $9.99
:360: Splatterhouse $12.99
:360: Child of Eden $19.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $9.99
:ps3: Bulletstorm $9.99

Wednesday's Deals
:360: Kinect Joyride $9.99
:360: Fighters Uncaged $9.99
:360: Kinectimals $12.99
:360: Michael Jackson $14.99
:360: Dance Central $17.99

Tuesday's Deals
:360: Bulletstorm $9.99
:360: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $12.99
:360: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $9.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Investor']If that's the case, wouldn't their be a lot of scratches and swirls on the discs? Mine had no scratches, but over 10 chips on the edges, with some being quite deep.[/QUOTE]
I think the chips just come from people mishandling the disks.
[quote name='lunasicc']Aren't they responsible for how they packaged items? It they packaged it properly, it would reduce the changes of damaging during shipment.[/QUOTE]
They use bubble mailers for single games and boxes for multiple games. 99% of the time a bubble mailer is safe but when its in the bottom of a crate with lots of other packages, I can see them breaking like that. I have only received one game from GF with a cracked case. Just make sure you try and buy at least 2 games during their sales and you'll get it in a box + you'll get free priority shipping with it.

I guess I'm too nice of a person since I can't fault Gamefly for using a bubble mailer for a single game like everyone else does. In addition, their used prices are excellent and they also include free shipping.

Yea, I'd definitely point the finger at USPS because they can't fucking handle a simple bubble mailer with care.

[quote name='therealdeal19']I guess I'm too nice of a person since I can't fault Gamefly for using a bubble mailer for a single game like everyone else does. In addition, their used prices are excellent and they also include free shipping.

Yea, I'd definitely point the finger at USPS because they can't fucking handle a simple bubble mailer with care.[/QUOTE]

Meh - stuff happens. I wouldn't blame USPS either as it was likely a fluke. I've been selling/trading stuff for years and sending single games in bubble mailers the whole time. Not once have I ever had anyone tell me anything was crushed/broken. So, all in all, USPS is very reliable in that respect. But things are bound to happen occasionally. First class mail (how you should always send single games - get no savings with media mail anyway) is handled better than parcel post. UPS, on the other hand tends to be pretty rough with their ground shipment and even small things get lumped in with the large packages so stuff is more likely to get broken.

I just hate where I think this is going (that we'd be better off without the USPS). No, we would not.

Thanks for the responses guys. I got them to resend me a new case with game art since both were severely damaged. Also got $8 gamefly bucks as well.

I guess all is well now.

got Castlevania PS3 in the mail just now. Spotless condition except i do see the little chips you guys are talking about now -- but i probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

My question: there isn't supposed to be an online code with Castlevania is there? Mine doesn't have any. Has anyone made a reference list or website for games containing codes yet?

[quote name='pasolini']got Castlevania PS3 in the mail just now. Spotless condition except i do see the little chips you guys are talking about now -- but i probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

My question: there isn't supposed to be an online code with Castlevania is there? Mine doesn't have any. Has anyone made a reference list or website for games containing codes yet?[/QUOTE]
I dont remember castlevania coming with any kind of DLC codes. I think you're safe.

[quote name='lunasicc']Thanks for the responses guys. I got them to resend me a new case with game art since both were severely damaged. Also got $8 gamefly bucks as well.

I guess all is well now.[/QUOTE]

I will give them credit for that, when something is jacked up due to the bubble mailer (case cracked) they will take care of it without much hassle.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I dont remember castlevania coming with any kind of DLC codes. I think you're safe.[/QUOTE]

You are right, nothing except for the Best Buy ones that had pack in Castlevania XBLA/PSN game vouchers.

[quote name='pasolini']got Castlevania PS3 in the mail just now. Spotless condition except i do see the little chips you guys are talking about now -- but i probably wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

My question: there isn't supposed to be an online code with Castlevania is there? Mine doesn't have any. Has anyone made a reference list or website for games containing codes yet?[/QUOTE]

No codes with Castlevania, except for the above mentioned Castlevania: SotN codes that were exclusive to Best Buy. So you're good.

Usually what I do is check Wikipedia. There will usually be a mention in there about DLC, retailer specific DLC, etc... Otherwise, I just tried to do a fast google search for related terms and was surprised not to find anything. Usually I can find a list of stuff like that.

Regarding the long term stability of free shipping: I do question the costs of using flat rate boxes for their shipping (even at a 40-50% discount, that would still be around 5-6 dollars per shipment). I think that UPS would probably be cheaper, but also about twice as slow. The flat rate box does cut down on material expense, but I have a feeling that there is a risk the future deals won't be as good as they are now.

[quote name='bnizzle']Regarding the long term stability of free shipping: I do question the costs of using flat rate boxes for their shipping (even at a 40-50% discount, that would still be around 5-6 dollars per shipment). I think that UPS would probably be cheaper, but also about twice as slow. The flat rate box does cut down on material expense, but I have a feeling that there is a risk the future deals won't be as good as they are now.[/QUOTE]

Considering the sheer amount gamefly ships with the USPS, I wouldn't worry about it. They are getting significant discounts on flat rate.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lunasicc']Thanks for the responses guys. I got them to resend me a new case with game art since both were severely damaged. Also got $8 gamefly bucks as well.

I guess all is well now.[/QUOTE]

Nice, I should email them and tell them about my Portal 2 that arrived with a smashed case. The other games I've ordered (4) have all been in fantastic condition, but just this one was terrible.

Got my Killzone 3 in the mail today. Case was clean, disc was in good shape but again, little chips on the outside edge of the disc like others have said.

This seems to be a common occurrence with their discs, what would even cause that? I've never seen that happen on any game I've owned before...

It's very common from GF, I've received them myself with those marks more than once. The games always work though. Maybe it's from some machine they use to sort through games or package them for mailing, who knows.

Got crysis 2 ps3. It took little longer to arrive than expected. However, I think that they had a new game, opened it...and sent it to me. Luckily the LE code worked. Great game!!!

Weird I checked my GF account to see if they shipped out my Cars 2 / Lego Pirates I ordered yesterday and they shipped it to me via FedEx. I usually only been receiving them via USPS since all these ridiculous sales started.

bulletstorm for ps3 arrived today, limited edition. I was going to send it to amazon to break even after beating it. but is the LE worth anything?

Got my PS3 Crysis 2 today. This was my first gamefly purchase ever.

The disc is covered in little scratches, it looks like the bottom of an old CD.............

:/

[quote name='gospelman']bulletstorm for ps3 arrived today, limited edition. I was going to send it to amazon to break even after beating it. but is the LE worth anything?[/QUOTE]

The limited edition is nothing special, just a leash color and some echo maps.

Serious fast shipping. Two different orders (Bulletstorm Xbox - Duke PS3 then Crysis 2 Xbox - Castlevania Xbox) both arrived within 2 days of placing the order. Discs/cases are fantastic and everything has been tested. GF continues to give me a good experience. Long live the Game of the Fly! :)

I got my Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood today. 2 small chips on the edge of the disc. I don't think that they will affect playback.

I double checked my Dead Space 2 I got from them and the disc was pristine.

Got my copy of Red Dead Redemption PS3 today. Disc is in perfect condition and the case still had shrink wrap on it, good stuff.

[quote name='alrix']Nice, I should email them and tell them about my Portal 2 that arrived with a smashed case. The other games I've ordered (4) have all been in fantastic condition, but just this one was terrible.[/QUOTE]

Yes you should, my Fallout NV case came broken and they mailed out a new one free of charge after I complained.

Received my Crysis 2 (360).
Disc looks ok, not mint, but not abused either. Havn't tried to install it yet.
The case was crushed though, broken plastic, the case won't stay closed now. Don't think it was the shipping because under the return label/receipt a plastic bit was stuck to it. :(
Received a Limited Edition, so I can't complain too much...

My experience with Gamefly is always up and down, very inconsistent.

Ordered Cars 2 but had a visa gift card listed so it was declined, and just got a chance to change it tonight. :(
Hope it somehow still goes through. But I doubt it.

So far I've picked up:

Dragon Age 2 (360)
Dead Space 2 (360)
Crysis 2 (360)
Assassins Creed: Brotherhood (PS3)

Each game has a few scratches but nothing major. However, each disc does have some chipping on the edges. Like others have said, they do not seem to have any impact on gameplay at all.

These GF sales are really getting into the holiday season shopping habits already. I definitely would have gotten more, if there was really more that I wanted and didn't already own.

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']Got my Killzone 3 in the mail today. Case was clean, disc was in good shape but again, little chips on the outside edge of the disc like others have said.

This seems to be a common occurrence with their discs, what would even cause that? I've never seen that happen on any game I've owned before...[/QUOTE]

Every single game I got from gamefly all have those chips around edges also. They are cause by the way they send out the games to members, they only use paper envelopes. While it's in route I guess the edges just keep hitting whatever. They should really try a different method of sending them out like Netflix or something.

received my :ps3: Duke Nukem and :ps3: Brink both in mint condition... another flawless transaction with Gamefly... still waiting on :ps3: bulletstorm too.

For those who got their KZ3... does anyone else notice some audio issues in the game? Like the lip sync issue during the cutscene, audio dialog being cut off during gameplay(rico would be saying something and would cut off mid sentence) and some sound effect(explosion and such) missing from time to time.

I was wondering if this was an universal issue for KZ3 or if I had received a defective disc.

[quote name='karekano126']
I was wondering if this was an universal issue for KZ3 or if I had received a defective disc.[/QUOTE]

I bought the game new when it first came out, and had the same things happen.

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']I bought the game new when it first came out, and had the same things happen.[/QUOTE]

Ah.. thanks for the reply. Did you happen to find a way to fix it?

[quote name='karekano126']Ah.. thanks for the reply. Did you happen to find a way to fix it?[/QUOTE]

Not while I owned it. I'm surprised they haven't patched it.

I'm on day 7 of waiting for my Castlevania order to show up. I won't worry about it until sometime next week, but damn I wish they'd start having multiple games I want on the same damn night ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back