GameFly Nightly Deals II: Crysis 2 $10, Transformers DotM (360) $13, Cartel (PS3) $15

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: November 2011 Under $10 Blowout Now in Progress!

[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition.

This is the last nightly sale for the week. Monthly sale hits next week.

:360: Crysis 2 $9.99
:ps3: Crysis 2 $9.99
:360: Transformers: Dark of the Moon $12.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $14.99
:360: Dynasty Warriors 7 $17.99
:ps3: Dynasty Warriors 7 $17.99

Expired deals [hiddenlist]

Friday
:360: The Biggest Loser Ultimate Workout $9.99
:360: Yoostar 2 In the Movies $9.99
:360: Kinect Sports $12.99
:ps3: MAG $9.99
:ps3: PlayStation Move Heroes $7.99

Thursday
:360: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction $9.99
:360: James Bond: Blood Stone $12.99
:360: WWE All Stars $12.99
:360: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters $14.99
:ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters $14.99
:ps3: Infamous 2 $19.99

Tuesday
:360: Medal of Honor $9.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
:360: NASCAR 2011: The Game $12.99
:ps3: Dungeon Siege III $12.99
:ps3: Yakuza 4 $14.99

Thursday
:360: Apache Air Assault $9.99
:360: Shift 2 Unleashed: Need for Speed $9.99
:360: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $14.99
:ps3: Heavy Rain $14.99
:360: Kung Fu Panda 2 $14.99
:ps3: Kung Fu Panda 2 $14.99
:ds: Kung Fu Panda 2 $9.99
:wii: Kung Fu Panda 2 - uDraw $9.99

Wednesday
:360: Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos $9.99
:ps3: Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos $9.99
:360: MotionSports $9.99
:ps3: WWE All-Stars $12.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $14.99

Tuesday
:360: Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom $9.99
:ps3: Top Spin 4 $9.99
:360: You Don't Know Jack $9.99
:360: F.E.A.R. 3 $14.99
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 3 $14.99[/hiddenlist]

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my Crysis 2 LE over the weekend, had 3 chips but still plays fine. This was my first one that had any defects and I have ordered a few games from them these past few months.

[quote name='Investor']You know. I've read enough of these postings from honest people who have claimed that all their games/orders from Gamefly have had NO chipped issues, I'm beginning to think that it may be a regional warehouse or processing center issue.

The Michigan shipping center is the closest to me. Where is your shipping center?

It may be that some centers are only putting up their chipped games for sale, while others have already got rid of this egregious practice and are selling only the non-damaged discs now.[/QUOTE]

Not sure there is a Michigan distribution center. It's my understanding that there are 5 total in the U.S. and are located in Austin, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, Tampa and the newest one in Seattle earlier this year. If you are located near Michigan, you're probably getting yours from the Pittsburgh branch.

I'm in Ohio, and that's where they ship mine from. My games are hit and miss with the chips. Some have them, some don't. It doesn't really bother me though because the games play fine, there is no harm to the drive. I'm getting a good enough deal on these games than to complain over them not being in near mint condition.

I had meant Pittsburgh as well, and not Michigan. I don't think there is a shipping center in Michigan. All 5 of mine were chipped badly, though.

Sunghost: It's very true what you had said. It is quite possible that people are not looking for chips on their discs. I, too, have only looked for scratches. I have never even heard of chipped discs before until I started ordering from Gamefly during the first waves of "Nightly Deals." When those games came in, the chips are very noticeable, and I was in shock when I saw them. When I started searching here for answers, I was told my a few people that Gamefly would ban you for life if you return 2 or more chipped games. That is not how a "Legitimate" company should be doing business. I'm surprised there haven't been a class action lawsuit already. Maybe not enough people have noticed these chips. I remember one of the MODs here asked me to post pictures of what I was talking about, so I posted pictures of all 5 discs Gamefly sent me. After that, a few people went back and checked all their Gamefly discs, and sure enough they had found some chips in them as well.

[quote name='Narok']I've been getting all my games from the Pittsburgh shipping center, no problems with a disc yet.[/QUOTE]

I remember back at the beginning of the year when chips in discs started showing up more frequently and the online news articles that were posted about their shipping methods of rental games which obviously are then sold as used games. And that's how everyone put two and two together.

With GameFly's almost unbeatable used game prices and how fast they sell out of games during sales it's safe to say that we can't expect change anytime soon. I think the only thing that could bring about change is if their games with chips in them would somehow start to crack over time and then explode inside consoles and I don't see that happening.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...netflx-vs-gamefly-all-of-gameflys-profits.ars

Just got my Crysis 2: Limited Edition (PS3) in the mail. Everything is perfect as usual and this is my 12th game in the past 1.5 months.

To everyone else who is worried about "chips." Real simple, don't order from Gamefly then. Day in and Day out all I read about is how all PS3 are blowing up all across the country because of teeny little chips on discs. One blew up yesterday and killed a family of 5 and a random goat outside the property.

[quote name='Investor'] That is not how a "Legitimate" company should be doing business. I'm surprised there haven't been a class action lawsuit already. Maybe not enough people have noticed these chips.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? A class action lawsuit on USED games you got a great deal on that have done no harm to anyone's optical drive but happen to have a few small chips on the unreadable portion of the disc?? Wow.

Just got my Crysis 2 LE (360). Disc, manual, and case are in great shape! Only one tiny chip on the disc. LE code was also intact.

Just got my Crysis 2 LE for PS3. As soon as I start up, it takes ~5-6mins to load up the start menu after the "cryengine" splash logo (it just goes to a black screen and then loads up). Then when I try to get into multiplayer, the game freezes on me. Furthermore, in campaign, cutscenes have no audio. Tried everything from formatting the game data and reinstalling to updating to version 1.04. I know it's not my system's fault since all over games work fine.

Does anyone else experience these problems or know if they exist on the PS3 version? If not, this may be my first defective game :(

Wow yourself, you fucking Troll! Some of my chips and others here are on the data portion of the discs. And people have claimed that the cracked discs eventually exploded in the PS3 from the high velocity spinning, so before you go and try to call all of us liars, do some Googling yourself first.

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']Seriously? A class action lawsuit on USED games you got a great deal on that have done no harm to anyone's optical drive but happen to have a few small chips on the unreadable portion of the disc?? Wow.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your game disc. Check to see if any of the chips are within the data portion first. My Crysis 2 from them had a bunch of chips within the data portion (take a look at the orange picture in my album), and I had experienced the same black screen and freezing you are describing.

As for your sound issue, I suggest you go to the PS3's audio setup menu, and choose "Automatic" to setup your audio. That should help resolve your lack of audio problem. All these games have different audio format, and you may not have selected the correct audio output for that particular game. I hope that helps.

[quote name='HakaHina']Just got my Crysis 2 LE for PS3. As soon as I start up, it takes ~5-6mins to load up the start menu after the "cryengine" splash logo (it just goes to a black screen and then loads up). Then when I try to get into multiplayer, the game freezes on me. Furthermore, in campaign, cutscenes have no audio. Tried everything from formatting the game data and reinstalling to updating to version 1.04. I know it's not my system's fault since all over games work fine.

Does anyone else experience these problems or know if they exist on the PS3 version? If not, this may be my first defective game :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lucky13']I remember back at the beginning of the year when chips in discs started showing up more frequently and the online news articles that were posted about their shipping methods of rental games which obviously are then sold as used games. And that's how everyone put two and two together.

With GameFly's almost unbeatable used game prices and how fast they sell out of games during sales it's safe to say that we can't expect change anytime soon. I think the only thing that could bring about change is if their games with chips in them would somehow start to crack over time and then explode inside consoles and I don't see that happening.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...netflx-vs-gamefly-all-of-gameflys-profits.ars[/QUOTE]

Installing them ftw

[quote name='Investor']And people have claimed that the cracked discs eventually exploded in the PS3 from the high velocity spinning, so before you go and try to call all of us liars, do some Googling yourself first.[/QUOTE]

Since the PlayStation 3 drive spins at a relatively low speed (in comparison to CD drives that exceed 10,000 RPM), the propagation of a crack that would eventually lead to disc shattering would cause a disc read error before blowing up. The error would cause the device to spin down the disc before it could explode. Also, I think cracks or chips at the center of the disc that could spread outward from the center would be of more concern than at the outer edge, but I'm not sure (it's been a few years since I took Vibrations in college and I probably didn't pay as much attention as I should have :)).

I think the main concern with the chips as they are most frequently experienced from GameFly would be that they could cause premature wear on the drive due to an unbalanced disc. However, I'm not sure if the speeds the drive spins at in conjunction with the notorious GameFly chips would cause the drive to fail significantly faster than normal wear. That being said, without a scientific study or a statistically significant number of GameFly users experiencing prematurely dead PS3s due to disc drive failures, I don't think you should be nearly as worried as you seem to be by the sound of your posts.

If you want perfect discs, just buy new. You can get new copies at GameFly prices, you just have to wait a lot longer ;).

[quote name='Investor']Wow yourself, you fucking Troll! Some of my chips and others here are on the data portion of the discs. And people have claimed that the cracked discs eventually exploded in the PS3 from the high velocity spinning, so before you go and try to call all of us liars, do some Googling yourself first.[/QUOTE]

Not trolling, pal. Nor did I call anyone a liar. Just in the opinion that starting a class action lawsuit against GF is asinine. Here's an idea...stop buying used games from GF if you are afraid they are going to explode inside your PS3. More for me. :lol:

crysis 2 limited 360 came today much faster shipping then my last two orders case slightly cracked but artwork flawless disk no chips no scratches w\ codes gf used rocks again

[quote name='AdmrlBalls'] Here's an idea...stop buying used games from GF if you are afraid they are going to explode inside your PS3. [/QUOTE]

Exactly. Gamefly isn't forcing anyone to buy from them. If you don't like the quality of their products, don't buy them.

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']Not trolling, pal. Nor did I call anyone a liar. Just in the opinion that starting a class action lawsuit against GF is asinine. Here's an idea...stop buying used games from GF if you are afraid they are going to explode inside your PS3. More for me. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Exactly, but you know how it is with these 1%-ers. These are the same people who are precariously balancing their 360's vertically and complaining that their discs are screwed up when the dog knocks their console over scratching their media.

I remember reading similar things in your post here, and quite possibly from your previous posts when I first received these discs. I haven't purchased any more from them until they stop sending out chipped discs. It's not a matter of wanting perfect discs, which are brand new of course. It's a question of being able to buy used games without chips all over them. Scratches are expected, but not portions of the discs broken off. My pictures are down-sized from 4Mb to a few hundred kb, other wise you will see what I mean.

Thanks for the great post.

[quote name='blindinglights']Since the PlayStation 3 drive spins at a relatively low speed (in comparison to CD drives that exceed 10,000 RPM), the propagation of a crack that would eventually lead to disc shattering would cause a disc read error before blowing up. The error would cause the device to spin down the disc before it could explode. Also, I think cracks or chips at the center of the disc that could spread outward from the center would be of more concern than at the outer edge, but I'm not sure (it's been a few years since I took Vibrations in college and I probably didn't pay as much attention as I should have :)).

I think the main concern with the chips as they are most frequently experienced from GameFly would be that they could cause premature wear on the drive due to an unbalanced disc. However, I'm not sure if the speeds the drive spins at in conjunction with the notorious GameFly chips would cause the drive to fail significantly faster than normal wear. That being said, without a scientific study or a statistically significant number of GameFly users experiencing prematurely dead PS3s due to disc drive failures, I don't think you should be nearly as worried as you seem to be by the sound of your posts.

If you want perfect discs, just buy new. You can get new copies at GameFly prices, you just have to wait a lot longer ;).[/QUOTE]

I got my copy of Crysis 2 today as well. I got the limited edition and the disk does have some dents along the outer edge. I'm assuming this is caused by a mail sorting machine...since there was a lawsuit by GameFly against USPS about this (claiming Netfilx was getting special treatment with hand sorting). They won that case BTW.

[quote name='Silence4520']No more deals?[/QUOTE]

Monthly sale comming this week does anyone read the first page of threads anymore??............Hope this sale starts tonight

I read that article, which was posted by a CAG member a page back or so, and it did NOT state anything about the sorting method that USPS was using to be the cause of those chips. The lawsuit focused on the fact that Gamefly was charged twice as much as Netflix. The author does state that the red Netflix envelops are easier to see and sort than the ordinary, white Gamefly envelops that blend in well with regular mail, which makes it harder for postal workers to differentiate. Gamefly could have, should have, altered their envelops but they chose not to.

[quote name='DarthVicious82']I got my copy of Crysis 2 today as well. I got the limited edition and the disk does have some dents along the outer edge. I'm assuming this is caused by a mail sorting machine...since there was a lawsuit by GameFly against USPS about this (claiming Netfilx was getting special treatment with hand sorting). They won that case BTW.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it's a deal, but Homefront on PS3 is showing up at $6.99 for me, I swear it was $10 or $12 just yesterday.

I have a $5 credit so I figure a game for $2 isn't bad.

Also see Brink for $6

[quote name='Investor']I read that article, which was posted by a CAG member a page back or so, and it did NOT state anything about the sorting method that USPS was using to be the cause of those chips. The lawsuit focused on the fact that Gamefly was charged twice as much as Netflix. The author does state that the red Netflix envelops are easier to see and sort than the ordinary, white Gamefly envelops that blend in well with regular mail, which makes it harder for postal workers to differentiate. Gamefly could have, should have, altered their envelops but they chose not to.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...interesting. I see. Any clue what causes the dents then? As long as the disk works in my system without damaging it I don't care too much...but I'm curious now. Maybe something to do with how disks are handle by the distribution centers? Being so widespread I don't see how this can be simply attributed to GameFly subscribers doing something to the disks.

[quote name='iamsmart']Not sure if it's a deal, but Homefront on PS3 is showing up at $6.99 for me, I swear it was $10 or $12 just yesterday.

I have a $5 credit so I figure a game for $2 isn't bad.

Also see Brink for $6[/QUOTE]

With free ship??

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Red Faction $8
Duke nukem $6
and Infamous 2 $25[/QUOTE]

PSA: do not buy duke nukem!!! It really is one of the worst games you will ever play

[quote name='AdmrlBalls']stop buying used games from GF if you are afraid they are going to explode inside your PS3. More for me. :lol:[/QUOTE]

lmao i dont know why i cant stop thinking of a actual mini explosion in someones house while playing their ps3.

Search by free shipping:

http://www.gamefly.com/buy-games/Browse/?cat=FreeShipping

Dead Space 2 $10
Force Unleashed 2 $10
Lego Star Wars 3 $10
Shift 2 $10
NFS Hot Pursuit $10
Alan Wake $10
Homefront $7
Duke Nukeum $6
Red Faction:A $8
Cars 2 $10