GameFly Nightly Deals Strike Back! Alice & Portal 2 $14.99, L.A. Noire $12.99 & More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New deals go live weekdays at 5PM PST.

Tonight's deals:
:360::ps3: Alice: The Madness Returns (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Dragon Age II (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Portal 2 (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: L.A. Noire (360/PS3) $12.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $12.99
:360: Red Dead Redemption $14.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $12.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it easy if you level up to much? or is it just plain easy. I always tried to play old ones under-leveled so the bosses were crazy hard.

[quote name='shurija']I paid $30 for Catherine and I enjoyed it very much. It's such an unique and different game. Then again, it might be cheaper at the end of the year sale. Nothing for me tonight![/QUOTE]

Cheapy stated a while back that most of the nightly GF sale prices will be pretty close to the final, yearly sale prices.

Does anyone know how long it takes to beat Catherine? I might be able to put this on my next to play game game and buy it now if it doesn't take to long giving the extent of my backlog...

What the fuck Catherine goes on sale today. I dont get paid until friday. Can I still jump on this on friday or do you guys think that we will see it come back on the 21st?

[quote name='Jello1996']Waiting for 9.99-12.99 on Catherine.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, doesn't make sense to buy anything right now with the year end sale announced.

Fool me once...

[quote name='Jello1996']Waiting for 9.99-12.99 on Catherine.[/QUOTE]

Don't see it going below 14.99...for a looooong time.

Waiting for 9.99-12.99 on Catherine.
I'll bite on Catherine when it's 10, whenever that will be.
I would go $12.99 easily. Disappointing sales tonight though.
Yep. Was a maybe at 14.99 and a definite at 12.99 and under.

Can we really be sure on a 9.99-12.99 price point for Catherine? Maybe it's me, but I have a suspicion it won't go that low, based on the track record of Atlus games. Then again, what do I know.

Still having trouble deciding - got the PS3 version in my cart. Can we confirm that it comes with the extra goodies?

Considering Catherine is still $54.99 pre-owned at GameStop, you can't really go wrong with this price. It's certainly the best around.

I've been wanting Catherine since it came out, but the $18 price tag is causing me to hesitate... would have been an instant buy at $15 or less... sigh...

If you look on ebay, Catherine is still going for well over $30. For such a niche game, I don't think we'll be seeing it in the $9.99 anytime soon. $17 is a significant drop already!

[quote name='K1NG J0RDAN']Considering Catherine is still $54.99 pre-owned at GameStop, you can't really go wrong with this price. It's certainly the best around.[/QUOTE]

This argument is slightly invalid because it's $39.99 new at Amazon. Yes, it's the best around, but not by that high of a difference.

[quote name='LagFighter']Can we really be sure on a 9.99-12.99 price point for Catherine? Maybe it's me, but I have a suspicion it won't go that low, based on the track record of Atlus games. Then again, what do I know.[/QUOTE]

This game has been more mass produced than Demon Souls.

[quote name='Muthafodder']This game has been more mass produced than Demon Souls.[/QUOTE]

Unless you provide some sort of source for that claim, I have no idea what you're talking about. I have no point of reference given I know nothing about the production volume of Demon's Souls.

Lolz. The only reason I'm laughing is for those idiots who buy Catherine Used from Gamefly at this price. I can't wait to hear complaints on the 21st. Lolz.

[quote name='Muthafodder']This game has been more mass produced than Demon Souls.[/QUOTE]

Source? I know Catherine was their largest launch ever, but Demon's Souls had a lot of reprints and eventually gained Greatest Hits status which helped it a lot in both numbers and price. I'm a little skeptical.

Is there anyway to cancel an order? I literally placed an order today for Catherine on there, and found just came to see the price drop. I want to talk to their support but they're off.

[quote name='yesokyesok']Lolz. The only reason I'm laughing is for those idiots who buy Catherine Used from Gamefly at this price. I can't wait to hear complaints on the 21st. Lolz.[/QUOTE]

but bro how can you be sure its going to be on the 21st. I hope it is. IF not ill pay $25 for this used then. Rather get it cheap. Lets see if its still this price on friday.

[quote name='LagFighter']Unless you provide some sort of source for that claim, I have no idea what you're talking about. I have no point of reference given I know nothing about the production volume of Demon's Souls.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jamehze']Source? I know Catherine was their largest launch ever, but Demon's Souls had a lot of reprints and eventually gained Greatest Hits status which helped it a lot in both numbers and price. I'm a little skeptical.[/QUOTE]

Kind of like not sourcing the assumption this won't drop any lower.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1185654p1.html
Keep in mind those are just week one figures.

Safe to say this game will be neither rare or a buy now 'asset'.

It also seems that Amazon can't give these away.

The LE will probably be one of the next to go on a fire sale...feel like an idiot for picking it up full price.

[quote name='yesokyesok']Lolz. The only reason I'm laughing is for those idiots who buy Catherine Used from Gamefly at this price. I can't wait to hear complaints on the 21st. Lolz.[/QUOTE]

Laugh when the game is OOS and they never release it at the lower price. Even if its released 5$ cheaper in 2 weeks, I have a feeling Ill live and wont be crying. If you buy it on the 21st, you wont get it till after xmas anyhow.. and thats when I will have time to play it.

At most it's 3 or four dollars difference. I am laughing at you for actually thinking that's enough money to lose sleep over. I'd rather buy it and play it now, than hope it doesn't sell out for few dollars less in two weeks. If you don't like the deal fine, but why belittle everyone else over it?

Also, "lolz," twice in one sentence? Ugh.

Way to be a team player. It's not like we're competing here at CAG, right?

[quote name='Muthafodder']Kind of like not sourcing the assumption this won't drop any lower.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1185654p1.html
Keep in mind those are just week one figures.

Safe to say this game will be neither rare or a buy now 'asset'.

It also seems that Amazon can't give these away.

The LE will probably be one of the next to go on a fire sale...feel like an idiot for picking it up full price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know it was the largest launch so 200,000 is a lot at launch. Demon's Souls gained Greatest Hits status as of September 2010 meaning it has sold at least 500,000 copies. It's been a year since then and I'm willing to bet that there are even more produced. I don't think Catherine will ever reach Greatest Hits status. Saying Catherine was more mass produced was a bit misleading, but I probably didn't interpret it the way you meant it.

Also, you can't source something that is a prediction, like the assumption that something will happen in the future. You can back it up with other examples, though. However, you can source your statement and that's why people like me asked...

Hmmmmm do I want Golden Sun at this price. Since I can already get it for 20 new I'm thinking I should wait, won't be ready to play it for some time.

[quote name='jamehze']Yeah I know it was the largest launch so 200,000 is a lot at launch. Demon's Souls gained Greatest Hits status as of September 2010 meaning it has sold at least 500,000 copies. It's been a year since then and I'm willing to bet that there are even more produced. I don't think Catherine will ever reach Greatest Hits status. Saying Catherine was more mass produced was a bit misleading, but I probably didn't interpret it the way you meant it.[/QUOTE]

It has already sold over 500,000 copies and counting.

Not to mention Europe is just now getting it released in February...you WILL see this as a greatest hits title, likely with any DLC included.

[quote name='whitereflection']Not that many people are going to care, but it looks like Gamefly's version of Catherine is the alternative cover that's less risque.[/QUOTE]
Is that just a guess based on the cover pictured at the site? I considered ordering so I could trade in my alternate cover for the original.

By the way, for anyone considering, it's absolutely worth $18. One of the most original games of this generation.

Buying Catherine more–so to piss all the people off who think buying it now a mistake. In fact, gonna buy all their stock so there's no more left come the 21st!!!! Mbahahahahahahaaa...(don't worry i'm just joking :)

Gonna play this around the gf to give her something to think about lol.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']well for my sake i hope he's right. I envy many of you that snagged a copy right now. WHat's the chances its still this price say friday.[/QUOTE]

It's a daily deal. It will be gone tomorrow at 8pm EST.

[quote name='bdb2m']At most it's 3 or four dollars difference. I am laughing at you for actually thinking that's enough money to lose sleep over. I'd rather buy it and play it now, than hope it doesn't sell out for few dollars less in two weeks. If you don't like the deal fine, but why belittle everyone else over it?

Also, "lolz," twice in one sentence? Ugh.[/QUOTE]

lolz brah lolz. Who loses sleep over a game brah? lolz. I'd rather be playing the 15+ other games that came out recently, brah. lolz. This game goes to the backlog brah. Who cares if it sells out brah. A game like this is worth $8 brah. And I can pick up this game from gamefly right now for $11 but I choose not to brah. lolz. Because I rather wait for the deeper discount brah. lolz brah lolz. :booty:

[quote name='yesokyesok']lolz brah lolz. Who loses sleep over a game brah? lolz. I'd rather be playing the 15+ other games that came out recently, brah. lolz. This game goes to the backlog brah. Who cares if it sells out brah. A game like this is worth $8 brah. And I can pick up this game from gamefly right now for $11 but I choose not to brah. lolz. Because I rather wait for the deeper discount brah. lolz brah lolz. :booty:[/QUOTE]

Nice trolling.

[quote name='Muthafodder']It has already sold over 500,000 copies and counting.

Not to mention Europe is just now getting it released in February...you WILL see this as a greatest hits title, likely with any DLC included.[/QUOTE]

I was just reading up on it. It's 500,000 worldwide with 200,000 units in Japan and split between the 360 and PS3. I still don't think it'll ever hit Greatest Hits status because of different regions and different systems, but that's impressive.

That's the cheapest I've seen Catherine, but I'm going to wait. Maybe it'll be $9.99. Same thing happened with NMH. Haven't had too much time to okay it though. That's going to change after next week.

I'm glad to hear the game did well.
Bout time Atlus got the monay/recognition they deserve.
Persona is my favorite RPG series.
Still imma just hope this goes on sale for the same price or cheaper.
Too many items in my backlog along with Christmas wishlist items :whistle2:#

If they had put Catherine on sale before Shadows of the Damned and Alice Madness Returns, I would have jumped on it. But I got these two coming, along with several other games I am playing and I just won't have any time for it for quite awhile.

For those that want it, the price is amazing. I haven't seen a deal come close to it yet. Yes, you may get it for a few bucks cheaper down the line, but I don't see it hitting $10 anytime soon.

I also would like to pull the trigger on Golden Sun DS, but won't for the same reasons above. This nightly sale is the toughest walk away from a deal for me in quite a long time.

bread's done
Back