GameFly Nightly Deals Strike Back! Alice & Portal 2 $14.99, L.A. Noire $12.99 & More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New deals go live weekdays at 5PM PST.

Tonight's deals:
:360::ps3: Alice: The Madness Returns (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Dragon Age II (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Portal 2 (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: L.A. Noire (360/PS3) $12.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $12.99
:360: Red Dead Redemption $14.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $12.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I know LA Noire is gonna drop below 10, but for some reason, I just can not resist it right now. They keep throwing it at us, and I just can't take it anymore.

[quote name='squijee']what day is the year end sale? 21th? and what time does it start?[/QUOTE]
Yes on the 21st but I haven't seen anything on the time. Hope it's in the am or maybe even at midnight.

[quote name='Kniq']i'd say that unless she's getting the game from the same place, return the one she got[/QUOTE]
To be honest. I'd return my copy if she gets it no matter where from

It means more coming from her then me buying it

[quote name='ArmorForVictor']$16 shipped for alice madness returns :/ i wanted it from BB for $13, but my store didn't have it $16 seems to high for me[/QUOTE]

Considering it'll include the code for the original Alice (which is, what, $10 on its own?), it's a Buy at $14.99.

Broke for now, almost thankfully. I'm just going to wait for the year end sale, go into it with a budget, and see how much I can pick up. Hopefully LA Noire is at 13 or less again.

And this is why I'm not going to buy $#it from Gamefly from now until next Wednesday when the year-end sale starts. I bought L.A. Noire for $14.99 two weeks ago and of course they drop it to $12.99! Who knows, maybe $9.99 next week! I don't know why they do what they do but my impulsive side got the better of me especially knowing what GF has done the past couple of years. Lesson learned, again, thank you Gamefly for teaching me the importance of patience. :razz:

[quote name='GT']I know LA Noire is gonna drop below 10, but for some reason, I just can not resist it right now. They keep throwing it at us, and I just can't take it anymore.[/QUOTE]

It's the one game that put back up that I really wanted.

My thinking is that if it is $9.99 at the year end sale, it will be gone really fast, so paying $3 more for it now is the smart move.

Everything else I want (Killzone 3, Alice, Shadows of the Damned) can wait for the year end sale at hopefully lower prices.

Tempted to grab (Well, Keep, since I already have it rented) LA Noire at the price it's at. with 10 percent off, and a 5 dollar credit, it's $7.23. Any advice?

[quote name='parrothead87']Want Red Dead so bad, but not sure whether to just buy the GOY version[/QUOTE]

Buy it, one of the best games you'll play this gen. IMO the only dlc worth getting is UN anyway.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Buy it, one of the best games you'll play this gen. IMO the only dlc worth getting is UN anyway.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, all the other DLC is multiplayer based.

And does anybody even play the multiplayer anyways?

[quote name='mr_bungle']Buy it, one of the best games you'll play this gen. IMO the only dlc worth getting is UN anyway.[/QUOTE]

This. Just get the regular version for now. 2K/Rockstar have sales on their DLC at least 4 times a year it seems like, so you can easily get Undead Nightmare for $5 later.

All the rest of the DLC is multiplayer, so unless you think you'll be big into the MP in this game, I think you'll be fine.

[quote name='tylerh1701']This. Just get the regular version for now. 2K/Rockstar have sales on their DLC at least 4 times a year it seems like, so you can easily get Undead Nightmare for $5 later.

All the rest of the DLC is multiplayer, so unless you think you'll be big into the MP in this game, I think you'll be fine.[/QUOTE]
Why are you people saying there is no single player dlc for the other dlc... They add online stuff and some single player challenges/weapons. The earlier dlc ones at least. The game is so good i recommend all dlc and the game is a blast online. It really shines if you play with friends all the time wow is that awesome with friends. :)

[quote name='jimmayhorn']Title says it all. Or should I wait for end of year sale?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Split the difference. Buy now the one you want more, wait for end of year sale for the other.

$15 portal 2? Yeah I'll bite.

Games so far this year

Dirt3 ($15) BB
Bulletstorm ($8) BB
Kirby's Epic Yarn ($8) BB
Shadows of the Damned ($12 or $13, I forget) GF
Portal 2 ($15) GF

Amazon ain't got nothing on gamefly and best buy so far.

[quote name='jimmayhorn']Title says it all. Or should I wait for end of year sale?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I would go for Two Worlds 2 for $2 more over both of those. I my playtime with DA2 and DS3 were stripped from my memory I would be OK with that.

Thanks. I like the split the difference idea. I'm playing DAO I right now. However, I like the input about neither. My backlog is so huge I may have to say no. Guess I'm cheaper than cheap. Still mad I missed out on $35 Batman CE.

Just ordered Killzone 3 instead. Any opinions? I'm hoping it's pretty decent. I'll run through single player over Christmas with my father in law. (we just switch off levels unless we die) ;)

[quote name='jimmayhorn']Just ordered Killzone 3 instead. Any opinions? I'm hoping it's pretty decent. I'll run through single player over Christmas with my father in law. (we just switch off levels unless we die) ;)[/QUOTE]
Killzone 3 co-op is fun imo.. not the best game but really good graphic and a decent fps

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Agreed, all the other DLC is multiplayer based.

And does anybody even play the multiplayer anyways?[/QUOTE]

Multiplayer is alive and well. I play about once a week, I don't have any of the DLC

[quote name='morrodox']Sucks that SotD for PS3 is more expensive than 360.[/QUOTE]

SotD for PS3 was 12.99......last week. Check back in the end of year sale, it may be back at that price or lower.

[quote name='squijee']Killzone 3 co-op is fun imo.. not the best game but really good graphic and a decent fps[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input. I'll check if it has local split screen. If not, no biggie. We'll take turns playing. I appreciate the feedback.

[quote name='jimmayhorn']Thanks for the input. I'll check if it has local split screen. If not, no biggie. We'll take turns playing. I appreciate the feedback.[/QUOTE]
killzone 3 only has local split screen co-op no online co-op mode. but there is of course online multiplayer

[quote name='squijee']killzone 3 only has local split screen co-op no online co-op mode. but there is of course online multiplayer[/QUOTE]

That will be great. I have two controllers for my PS3. Thanks a lot.:applause:

[quote name='gldoorii']Nothing tonight?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='stikman']NOTHING for xbox 360 tonight? :([/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, Cheapy stated that last night will be a "recap" night and there won't be anymore nightly deals until the big ol' year end GameFly sale next Wednesday (the 21st).

Posted 12-12-11...
[quote name='CheapyD']Tonight's hints:
x x. x x: x x Two x
x: Legends x xx
x 11: x x
x x Baseball 2K11

Tomorrow is going to be a recap of the last 2 weeks and will be the last deal until the Year End sale.[/QUOTE]

Damn, looks like that's right. No more till Year End Sale on 12-21. :cry:

[quote name='stikman']Posted 12-12-11...

Damn, looks like that's right. No more till Year End Sale on 12-21. :cry:[/QUOTE]

no thats fine. Just play with BB( just murdering the competition, if any:lol:) and amazon if they put up some good deals. Its just 4 days of no GF sales thats all

[quote name='Survivalism']When I have money: nothing I want.
When I don't have money: everything I want.[/QUOTE]

True words, sir.

bread's done
Back