GameFly Nightly Deals Strike Back! Alice & Portal 2 $14.99, L.A. Noire $12.99 & More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's nightly deals feature low prices and free shipping on the below titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. The games are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New deals go live weekdays at 5PM PST.

Tonight's deals:
:360::ps3: Alice: The Madness Returns (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Transformers: Dark of the Moon (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Dragon Age II (360/PS3) $12.99
:360::ps3: Portal 2 (360/PS3) $14.99
:360::ps3: L.A. Noire (360/PS3) $12.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Red River $12.99
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 $9.99
:360: Dungeon Siege III $12.99
:360: Red Dead Redemption $14.99
:360: Shadows of the Damned $12.99
:ps3: Killzone 3 $14.99
:ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $9.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
i would order bc2 but someone mention the servers being empty and ea shutting down the servers.

I'm passing on BFBC2 as well. I'm not a big MP player, and thought I am interested in the SP, not interested enough.

Plus the cheapest Amazon 360 used version is $12.79 shipped. So this would only be about a $2 savings. I could see this dropping to $6.99 for the monthly sale.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Even at $10, I am having trouble pulling the trigger on Crysis 2. I am sure it is worth it, but I have been using the BBV rental pass and I could probably just rent it and beat it off of that (no real interest in MP at this point).[/QUOTE]

I really liked the single player in Crysis 2. The story is not the best but it has some nice set pieces. The AI is still a little stupid (either they ignore they just saw you or they are all over you once sighted) but it is still fun. Obviously the graphics are great but the sound is really overlooked (some of the best I have experienced).

As far as MP. It is fun but takes a bit to get the right set-up since you have to manage you suit powers. The connection can be dodgy though.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I really liked the single player in Crysis 2. The story is not the best but it has some nice set pieces. The AI is still a little stupid (either they ignore they just saw you or they are all over you once sighted) but it is still fun. Obviously the graphics are great but the sound is really overlooked 9some of the best I have experienced).[/QUOTE]

How is the multiplayer?

[quote name='Jay']How is the multiplayer?[/QUOTE]

I just added to my post but like I said it is fun but takes time. You use you suit powers a lot so maximizing those can take time. The connection to the server can be dodgy at times. It feels very different from both COD or BF3 for sure. I like that you have to collect the tags to get your streaks though.

Most people use the cloaking in MP because it seems like maximum armor just does not help. I have it set up now where I have the least amount of drain when cloaked and I get full power back every time I get a kill. I can pretty much run around cloaked and then uncloaked get a kill and then run away cloaked again. Rinse and repeat.

I thought crysis 2 sucked. The single player had uninteresting story, enviroments become bland all park or city street. Gameplay was super regular with the cloaking ability giving it just a slight flair. I pushed myself to finish it. Online is basically get hit three times and your dead so cloacking is a must, as cover is pointless cuz someone will cloak n kill u from behind. Online is also not very alive. Positive: great graphics, sound effects, certain action scenes were fun to kill waves of enemies .

yea crysis 2 is very overated online everybody does the same thing , This is a game where you MUST BE WEARING SOME GOOD HEADSETS like astros or you will get killed from behind alot

[quote name='Ricanlegend']yea crysis 2 is very overated online everybody does the same thing , This is a game where you MUST BE WEARING SOME GOOD HEADSETS like astros or you will get killed from behind alot[/QUOTE]

I have neither yet I still can kill with great ease. The only thing you have to get use to is the map layout and the motion blur.

[quote name='MSUHitman']The DLC in the Hero Edition was pretty much all of the different retailer pre-order bonuses and one volume of the soundtrack. It's all pretty much just skins and early unlocks, nothing game breaking.[/QUOTE]

Thanks alot for the response, exactly the info I was looking for. I just wish I saw this earlier and had gotten in on it, but thats my own fault. I'm sure it'll get cheap/er again, besides I am not even done with the first one.

[quote name='chrollo']online pass for dirt 3 lame, ill just wait for a good steam deal[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Huggybear1688']ALL used GF games come with the online passes[/QUOTE]

Which is exactly why I'm grabbing one copy each for PS3 and 360. Thanks, Cheapy!

[quote name='chrollo']online pass for dirt 3 lame, ill just wait for a good steam deal[/QUOTE]

this gets said for every GF CAG deal, but i have yet to not receive the online code voucher with a used game from Gamefly. 5-6 games and counting, codes intact, game in basically new condition...

why not just phrase it as you have always received the online code voucher

Killzone 3 should've retailed for $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
meh... nothing for me again. Portal 2 sounds neat, but I haven't yet played Portal 1... I'm not that much of a Valve fan, though.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Portal 2 sitting at my price...but I know I wont play for a while due to backlog...must...resist...[/QUOTE]

Stay strong. I'm tempted too, but also holding off due to backlog. Plus, this will likely drop further later in the month. Happened before, will happen again. It certainly won't go up, and I bet you they have a ton of these given the popularity, so I don't think they're going to run out any time soon.

If nothing else, this will probably end up on sale somewhere between now and Christmas.

[quote name='Quadriflax']Stay strong. I'm tempted too, but also holding off due to backlog. Plus, this will likely drop further later in the month. Happened before, will happen again. It certainly won't go up, and I bet you they have a ton of these given the popularity, so I don't think they're going to run out any time soon.

If nothing else, this will probably end up on sale somewhere between now and Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Thats my thought. Especially since I have an unopened Borderlands GOTY sitting on my table right now that I know will take up some time. Plus hopefully getting Skyrim soon.

[quote name='Dalrint']Darn, I was hoping for Catherine.[/QUOTE]

I beat it last night, so I had a feeling that it would be up on there for like $15 or something to spite me.

But I wouldn't have cared. I could have paid the full $60 (I paid $25) for it and still been happy. I NEVER liked anime or anything like that, but there was something about this game that sucks you in. Best story in any game I've seen in a while.

So you should just get it.

Quick question:

I recently moved so my debit/credit card's billing address changed. I put my new info in as I tried to order killzone, and was told twice that the billing address did not match the card. (even though I have made other purchases online successfully with the new info)

I made a second account with my other email address, put my old address in for billing, and it worked.

Is it just a weird issue with gamefly? Will it go through?

I'm so mad that I missed Metro 2033. I would have bought Crysis 2 if I hadn't already accidentally purchased it on Live (no refunds, hooray). Some pretty good deals going on regardless.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']is this english?[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of that scene from Caddyshack.

"I thought you said winning wasn't everything?"

"Me isn't no...you do."

"Nice grammar."

Just a heads up, EA Online Pass codes are suddenly not working. So even though Crysis 2 and Bad Company 2 ship with the code don't expect them to work.

I'd jump on Crysis but the Targets around me have a few copies laying around. I'm hoping to grab them when they get a bit cheaper.

[quote name='AxleHead']Just a heads up, EA Online Pass codes are suddenly not working. So even though Crysis 2 and Bad Company 2 ship with the code don't expect them to work.[/QUOTE]

That is probably because they have expiration dates. I know the Dragon Age Origins' Shale code had an expiration date.

[quote name='Kaltic']That is probably because they have expiration dates. I know the Dragon Age Origins' Shale code had an expiration date.[/QUOTE]

Online Pass codes don't indicate an expiration date. Worse yet shacknews reports that brand new copies invalid valid codes.

Ordered Crysis 2 again....I received a busted copy that was all chipped up last time. They did send me a limited edition though.

I kinda regret buying it because I feel like I'll get a barely working copy but still for the $10.50 price tag its worth a shot again. Plus, I know they credit you back after you ship it back to them and let them know its busted because I've already done that.

bread's done
Back