GameFly October 2012 Used Game Sale - Under $15 Blowout

PancakesAreLove

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthy used game sale has returned with under $15 prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 10/22.\

Update: look for out-of-stock items to return Saturday and Monday.

icongamefly.gif
Sale items

:ps3:
Rage $7.99
X-men Destiny $8.99
Uncharted 3 $9.99
SSX $9.99
Mass Effect 3 $9.99
Madden 12 $9.99
Armored Core V $9.99
Heavy Fire Afghanistan $9.99
Ridge Racer Unbounded $9.99
Spiderman Edge of Time $9.99
NHL 12 $9.99
WWE 12 $9.99
Syndicate $9.99
L.A. Noire $9.99
Resistance 3 $12.99
Ratchet and Clank All for One $12.99
Street Fighter X Tekken $12.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations $12.99
NBA 2k12 $12.99
The Adventures of Tintin $12.99
Blades of Time $12.99
Batman Arkham City $14.99
Battlefield 3 $14.99
Alice Madness Returns $14.99
Binary Domain $14.99
God of War Origins Collection $14.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $14.99
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi $14.99
Max Payne 3 $17.99
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier $17.99

:360:
L.A. Noire $7.99
Crysis 2 $7.99
Rage $7.99
SSX $9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine $9.99
Gears of War 3 $9.99
Prototype $9.99
Mass Effect 3 $9.99
Madden 12 $9.99
Armored Core V $9.99
Ninja Gaiden 3 $9.99
Soul Caliber V $9.99
Syndicate $9.99
Darkness II $9.99
Fifa Street $12.99
Ridge Racer Unbounded $12.99
Spider-Man: Edge of Time $12.99
Assassin's Creed Revelations $12.99
NBA 2K12 $12.99
Dance Central 2 $12.99
Kinect Disneyland Adventures $12.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $12.99
Kinectimals $14.99
Batman: Arkham City $14.99
Binary Domain $14.99
Devil May Cry HD Collection $14.99
Jurassic Park: The Game $14.99
Max Payne 3 $17.99
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier $17.99
Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition $17.99

Last edited by a moderator:
2 of the 3 games had 5+ chips off the edges. Customer service was nice enough to refeund and sent me a return lable. But, first of all, how would a game get chips on the edges? Do they have a machine that man handles the games?

[quote name='BegFourMercy']2 of the 3 games had 5+ chips off the edges. Customer service was nice enough to refeund and sent me a return lable. But, first of all, how would a game get chips on the edges? Do they have a machine that man handles the games?[/QUOTE]

Did you actually try the games first ??

Most games from GF have chips on the edges (I guess due to repeated trips through the post) but they still work fine. As long as the flat read surface on the disc is not marked badly, they should be ok.

looks like some restocks got another amular to replace the one I'm returning for having a huge gouge in the disc, but still no soul calibur :(

[quote name='iknowlondon']Mass Effect 3 is back![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Beat original, but would like to play DLC which is surprisingly free. Never tried MP either.

Thanks for the heads up. Beat original, but would like to play DLC which is surprisingly free. Never tried MP either.
Got bummed last night seeing how many great deals I missed. Thanks for posting, iknowlondon--just nabbed Mass Effect 3 for the 360.
Your welcome, friends. I was in the same boat last time and was all types of salty when I missed it, but glad others are gettin in on it now.

[quote name='tylerh1701']^I think most of us think it's the resurfacer that they are using. I know that's what I think.[/QUOTE]

do they resurface blurays? none of the 30 or so ps3 brs that i've gotten over the years looked resurfaced. heck, i don't remember even seeing any looked chipped.

[quote name='benjamouth']Did you actually try the games first ??

Most games from GF have chips on the edges (I guess due to repeated trips through the post) but they still work fine. As long as the flat read surface on the disc is not marked badly, they should be ok.[/QUOTE]
Part of the chipped area had it protrude under the disc surface area. In other words, it was not longer smooth along the edges and would cause a problem spinning.

My Darkness II came today. Disc is good, but could be a lot worse. Was hoping for LE version. Anyone got a LE version with a code they don't want LOL. Now patiently waiting for Asuras Wrath.

Pretty hard to screw up Blu Ray disc. One of the reasons got PS3.

Can't tell you how many defective 360 games we had when I worked at Blockbuster.

[quote name='affa']do they resurface blurays? none of the 30 or so ps3 brs that i've gotten over the years looked resurfaced. heck, i don't remember even seeing any looked chipped.[/QUOTE]

That's a good point. Maybe I need to re-think my theory. I'm curious if people who rent from Gamefly, if their discs have chips on them as well.

Also, I emailed Gamefly about my Prototype being cracked in the middle and they issued me a mailing label right away, and said they've already credited my card for the refund. Since the sale is still going on, I just ordered another copy which is hopefully in better shape.

Great prices and great customer service. :)

[quote name='alwayscheaper']Blurays are tougher, don't need resurfacing. I've never had a bad ps3 disc from them.[/QUOTE]

I've received a few PS3 discs with small but noticeable pits on the outer edge but it has never affected play. The durabis coating is supposed to make them more resistant to certain types of scratching but might have side benefits for other types of damage.

Purely speculation but I feel that PS3 games receive better care from Gamefly's users over the course of their rental period compared to 360.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']
Purely speculation but I feel that PS3 games receive better care from Gamefly's users over the course of their rental period compared to 360.[/QUOTE]

I agree, since the 360 has a larger userbase, meaning more potential ways a disc can get damaged from rent to rent. Plus the scratch resistant coating on blurays is what always makes me decide to go for the PS3 version instead.

[quote name='tylerh1701']That's a good point. Maybe I need to re-think my theory. I'm curious if people who rent from Gamefly, if their discs have chips on them as well.[/QUOTE]
They don't, or at least not when I've rented from them. Then again when I rent, I usually get them from Austin, TX and NOT from the Pittsburgh facility.

Every single PS3 game I've received from the PA has always had some varying degree of small chips, but I've had NO issues when playing them. It's a shame that out of the 20 or so GF games I've bought, I've never once had 1 game not come out of the PA facility.

Got arkham city today, email told me it was coming from LA but really came from PA.

Looks pretty scuffed up, including 2 small scratches on front label, as well as white circle on label just around the hole. Just installed it, so does that mean that it installed correctly that it is guaranteed to play all the way through with no problems?

[quote name='Artrigis']Got arkham city today, email told me it was coming from LA but really came from PA.

Looks pretty scuffed up, including 2 small scratches on front label, as well as white circle on label just around the hole. Just installed it, so does that mean that it installed correctly that it is guaranteed to play all the way through with no problems?[/QUOTE]
Did you get it for PS3 or 360? If you got it for the 360 and installed it to hard drive then you should be able to play it completely without any issues.

Can't really comment on the PS3 version, never seen one that is scuffed up. Also most games on the PS3 don't fully install to the hard drive besides a small few.

[quote name='eXiON']Did you get it for PS3 or 360? If you got it for the 360 and installed it to hard drive then you should be able to play it completely without any issues.

Can't really comment on the PS3 version, never seen one that is scuffed up. Also most games on the PS3 don't fully install to the hard drive besides a small few.[/QUOTE]

It is a 360 copy. Thanks for the info, not too savvy with installs yet, just picked up a hard drive a few weeks ago

Does Gamefly still offer the email notification if a game becomes available again? I can't seem to find that option on a game I wanted to pick up, but is currently out of stock.

Thanks!

-B

I'm guessing around 5PM PST is when we'll know if there's a new sale since that's when the weekend sale also ends.

i got 2 games in mail 2day. i buyed prototype and la noire.prototype dont even work :( it crack so i threwed it away. la noire has chip around edge but i play it 4 about 30 mins and it owrk fine but itsa lil boring so i trade it into best buy....no wonder htey r so cheap.... a good game like prootype dont work they slel me broken copy and a crappy game like la noire work becus they sell off s*** no 1 else wants oh well u live & learn i will stick 2 best buy preowned and gamestop prewoend so i can actually RETURN the games if they odn work

[quote name='pepsi']i got 2 games in mail 2day. I buyed prototype and la noire.prototype dont even work :( it crack so i threwed it away. La noire has chip around edge but i play it 4 about 30 mins and it owrk fine but itsa lil boring so i trade it into best buy....no wonder htey r so cheap.... A good game like prootype dont work they slel me broken copy and a crappy game like la noire work becus they sell off s*** no 1 else wants oh well u live & learn i will stick 2 best buy preowned and gamestop prewoend so i can actually return the games if they odn work[/quote]

shit just got real.

[quote name='Bosamba']I'm guessing around 5PM PST is when we'll know if there's a new sale since that's when the weekend sale also ends.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing no new sale today?

[quote name='Pepsi']i got 2 games in mail 2day. i buyed prototype and la noire.prototype dont even work :( it crack so i threwed it away. la noire has chip around edge but i play it 4 about 30 mins and it owrk fine but itsa lil boring so i trade it into best buy....no wonder htey r so cheap.... a good game like prootype dont work they slel me broken copy and a crappy game like la noire work becus they sell off s*** no 1 else wants oh well u live & learn i will stick 2 best buy preowned and gamestop prewoend so i can actually RETURN the games if they odn work[/QUOTE]

derp.

[quote name='Pepsi']i got 2 games in mail 2day. i buyed prototype and la noire.prototype dont even work :( it crack so i threwed it away. la noire has chip around edge but i play it 4 about 30 mins and it owrk fine but itsa lil boring so i trade it into best buy....no wonder htey r so cheap.... a good game like prootype dont work they slel me broken copy and a crappy game like la noire work becus they sell off s*** no 1 else wants oh well u live & learn i will stick 2 best buy preowned and gamestop prewoend so i can actually RETURN the games if they odn work[/QUOTE]

Aw fuck, my best friend is back. Well i haven't received any hate mail lately, let's have it pep. My inbox has been calling for you.

Anyone wanna start a pool of how long it well take him to get upset and banned this time. I think it was 24 hrs last time. I'm putting my bid in @ 30

[quote name='shadowkast']Aw fuck, my best friend is back. Well i haven't received any hate mail lately, let's have it pep. My inbox has been calling for you.

Anyone wanna start a pool of how long it well take him to get upset and banned this time. I think it was 24 hrs last time. I'm putting my bid in @ 30[/QUOTE]

1. i am new here jus becus i drink pepsi doesnt mean that i am relate 2 any 1 else who drink "pepsi' besides fact we have good taste in drink and r very nice and get bulleyd by jerk

2. now tht the so called "big boy mod" i am cheapest gamer is gone i dont get ban he was the a**hole who kept baned me.
or it was foru m glitch

[quote name='Pepsi']1. i am new here jus becus i drink pepsi doesnt mean that i am relate 2 any 1 else who drink "pepsi' besides fact we have good taste in drink and r very nice and get bulleyd by jerk

2. now tht the so called "big boy mod" i am cheapest gamer is gone i dont get ban he was the a**hole who kept baned me.
or it was foru m glitch[/QUOTE]

1) how's that website you started going? You know the one where you cut and paste deals from here and then have two profiles to look like you have traffic.
2) my boy IATCG is still around, he ain't going nowhere (permanently at least). Where's confoosis(sorry for three spelling bud), hell remember you

[quote name='boostsaves']My copy of killzone 3 came cracked in the middle. In the process of contacting support now.[/QUOTE]

If you go to the website and report a problem they will refund you within 2-3 business days and send you a prepaid label to print out and send it back. I've ordered A LOT from Gamefly but have had a few not work so I'm used to this process.

[quote name='Komentra']Got my copy of WWE 13 for PS3 a couple days back. Code works, game works. Awesome price at 9.99[/QUOTE]

WWE 12 but who's paying any attention to give a crap

also cancelled my la noire order from early last week it still hadnt shipped and it wasnt worth the wait for the 3 hour acheivement grind and then break even flip to gamestop

[quote name='VidPower']Gears of War 3 is back in stock. Go, go, go!!![/QUOTE]

The sale was supposed to end yesterday, surprised the prices are still on their website.
Edit: You must have lucked out, it's OOS again.

Wow, Gamefly does not mess around. I ordered Binary Domain and Ausra's Wrath early Saturday morning and it came in from Pittsburgh to Texas today. The games are a little scuffed up with some scratches but nothing too severe. I'll test them later to make sure they work.

bread's done
Back