Gamefly or GameznFlix

kube00

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Anyone have any coupon deals for these sites?

Also, how fast do they ship new releases out? Do the games ever come damaged?

Since I need games to review and Blockbuster kinda sucks.

I have gamezflix and have had lots of problems got with gamefly.
I ordered Ghost Rider the movie 2 times and it came cracked/unplayable. Went almost a month without any games or movies because they were all too in demand. Just terrible

Gamefly sadly is the leader in this online service. Their service does suck, but from everything I read is better then the alternative. Hopefully Netflix will come into the market and show them how its done.

I've had Gamefly for over a year and have never received a damaged game.

They ship the next available game in your queue as soon as the post office scans the one you're returning...it's a pretty nice system, actually.

My frustration with Gamefly is that whole "next available" thing...they keep sending me the fifth or sixth game down on my list and not my high wants.

Is it really that hard to find a copy of Kane and Lynch for me? It's listed as my number one and two picks (for 360 and for PS3) but they've been unable to send me a copy for nearly 2 months.[quote name='seen']Hopefully Netflix will come into the market and show them how its done.[/quote] *crosses fingers*

Gameznflix magically stopped shipping me both movies and games, so I canceled. I went 3 months with nothing shipped.... and had a queue of 20+ items on short wait. I signed up for netflix and dropped the game rentals.

Gamefly is definitely the best... For the "next in q" problem, just put 1 or 2 games in the Q, problem solved, you will ALWAYS get those games.

[quote name='ep2011']Gamefly is definitely the best... For the "next in q" problem, just put 1 or 2 games in the Q, problem solved, you will ALWAYS get those games.[/quote]

Glad someone figured that out besides me. :lol: Anyways, only thing I didn't like about Gamefly was the week turnaround. You put a game in the mail Tuesday, then you receive the next one Monday or Tuesday of next week. Oh and in the 3 months I was subscribed one of the games got lost in the mail. :cry:

Do you have Hollywood Game Crazy locations nearby? What I do is buy used SPs, the newer model ones if possible, take the free 12 month rental coupon for myself, and resell the SP on the internet to get my money back and even a few extra bucks :)

Get four or six of them saved up and you've got an entire year of free gaming! You can usually get all the new releases within a few weeks at most, unless its the only game rental store within a long distance.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Glad someone figured that out besides me. :lol: Anyways, only thing I didn't like about Gamefly was the week turnaround. You put a game in the mail Tuesday, then you receive the next one Monday or Tuesday of next week. Oh and in the 3 months I was subscribed one of the games got lost in the mail. :cry:[/quote]

Indeed, about only having a few games in your "Q." You actually were the one who clued me in on this, and I have had great success with it since.

But the turnaround has been excellent for me, but that is probably because of "FastReturn." They ship out as soon as they get confirmation from USPS that the thing is in the mail.

Gamefly is great for me, i do have an ocasional scratched game but you can go to the website and say it was scratched and send you another one before you send the game back. They usually have the latest games a day after they are released

[quote name='bmachine']They ship the next available game in your queue as soon as the post office scans the one you're returning...it's a pretty nice system, actually.[/QUOTE]

Too bad my post office is too stupid to scan them and my turn arounds are usually well over a week.

[quote name='ep2011']Gamefly is definitely the best... For the "next in q" problem, just put 1 or 2 games in the Q, problem solved, you will ALWAYS get those games.[/quote]

Someone suggested that to me in another thread, too...I'll give it a whirl.

Gamefly has distribution centers in LA, Pittsburgh and Tampa now. So you really should get your games in 2-3 days. Sometimes if the local post office scans the return envelope, Gamefly will ship the next available game in your queue before they even receive the game return.

Sometimes, there could be a slow turnaround, if you use the method of only having a few games in your Q, because they will ship from whatever center has the game. I live in Jersey, so all my games have from come from PA so far. Obviously, I get them rather quickly. Friday morning, though, I get a message that they shipped Assassin's Creed, which had medium availability. I was a bit suprised that, by Tuesday, the game still wasn't here. When it arrived today, I figured out why: it had come from California.

I signed up for games n flix when they first started for a free trial and canceled before the 2 weeks were up and tried to sign in shortly after only to realize I couldn't. I guess since it was new when someone calceled they just deleted the account all together.... So I crossed my fingers and never sent back the 2 I had out. Halo and kill bill vol 2, been 2 or 3 years at least and I have not heard from them. :)

gameznflix was a lot faster than gamefly (i subscribed to both over the summer). the availability for gameznflix wasnt as good as gamefly though, gamefly had better selection. but yes, i would agree with other people that if you take out most of your games and put in only 1 or 2 that you truly want, chances are you WILL get those games. funny thing is, there were glitches on both sites where i would get 3 games at a time (great summer fun!) but limiting your q will give you better chances of getting your game, esp. new releases.

[quote name='seen']Gamefly sadly is the leader in this online service. Their service does suck, but from everything I read is better then the alternative. Hopefully Netflix will come into the market and show them how its done.[/quote]

uh dude, isnt gamefly owned by the netflix people?

[quote name='SCDallas']I crossed my fingers and never sent back the 2 I had out. Halo and kill bill vol 2, been 2 or 3 years at least and I have not heard from them. [/quote]
So...you stole them?

[quote name='bmachine']I've had Gamefly for over a year and have never received a damaged game.

They ship the next available game in your queue as soon as the post office scans the one you're returning...it's a pretty nice system, actually.

My frustration with Gamefly is that whole "next available" thing...they keep sending me the fifth or sixth game down on my list and not my high wants.

Is it really that hard to find a copy of Kane and Lynch for me? It's listed as my number one and two picks (for 360 and for PS3) but they've been unable to send me a copy for nearly 2 months. *crosses fingers*[/quote]

I've never really had any issues with Gamefly. Sadly, with them being involved in that class action lawsuit against MS about the defective hardware, scratching their games, I think they may have less 360 games overall available. I recently reactivated to get some games for my new 360 and I had 20+ 360 games on my queue. Then I put about 6 DS games below that. My first 2 games I got were DS games. That kinda pissed me off, but I guess thats how it goes.

[quote name='bmachine']So...you stole them?[/quote]

he probably went through the same thing i did...gameznflix were redoing themselves (lack of a better term) i think this was when they were called something else. i got f-zero for gc and a harry potter game i think. the latter not really all that worthwhile...but hey, whatever. i think most people caught in between probably got to keep what they currently had.

[quote name='bmachine']So...you stole them?[/QUOTE]

No, I kept it and they decided not to charge me (not on purpose in sure, but that's not my problem), why should I fix their mistake?

[quote name='freshzen']Do you have Hollywood Game Crazy locations nearby? What I do is buy used SPs, the newer model ones if possible, take the free 12 month rental coupon for myself, and resell the SP on the internet to get my money back and even a few extra bucks :)[/QUOTE]

So they're all free game rentals, not rent one get one free coupons? I *have* been considering buying a DS Lite after all...

[quote name='SCDallas']No, I kept it and they decided not to charge me (not on purpose in sure, but that's not my problem), why should I fix their mistake?[/QUOTE]

So you didn't steal them, you just took them and didn't give them back... :roll:

[quote name='SinisterBlur']So they're all free game rentals, not rent one get one free coupons? I *have* been considering buying a DS Lite after all...

So you didn't steal them, you just took them and didn't give them back... :roll:[/QUOTE]

Look out we have a PREACHER!!!

[quote name='SimplyBlue']Gamefly has distribution centers in LA, Pittsburgh and Tampa now. So you really should get your games in 2-3 days. Sometimes if the local post office scans the return envelope, Gamefly will ship the next available game in your queue before they even receive the game return.[/QUOTE]
Do you know what areas the Tampa distribution center works with? I'd imagine all of FL? The LA dist center sucks, over a week to receive games from Miami, and Pitts wasn't for this "area"

[quote name='the3rdkey']Look out we have a PREACHER!!![/QUOTE]

Hey, people can do what they want, but they should at least be honest with themselves. :)

[quote name='Foladar']Do you know what areas the Tampa distribution center works with? I'd imagine all of FL? The LA dist center sucks, over a week to receive games from Miami, and Pitts wasn't for this "area"[/quote]

Well, definitely they'll cover FL. But it is safe to assume that they will be servicing the South mostly. Pittsburgh is more for the Northeast and parts of the Midwest I would assume.

Pretty sure they'll open up a distribution center in the central part in the future to give adequate coverage overall.

I've used both and Gamefly holds a slight edge, however that edge is not as discernible as it once was.

GnF starts out strong, then the service slowly gets worse until they decide that it's not in their best interest to send you games or movies at all.

Gamefly's Web site is much better, but service isn't much faster. At least Gamefly ships you games somewhat regularly after they're returned, but shipping times to Gamefly's three distribution centers came often mean 5-6 day turnarounds for games.

Gamefly's "keep it" offers are usually pretty good deals and they regularly run clearance sale - a definite plus.

But GnF is cheap as hell. You definitely get what you pay for. I'm not sure if it still works, but there was an "emmy" coupon for GnF that made it dirt cheap.

Yeah, GnF is easily the worst of the bunch IMO .. I had em for two months and by that time, the games stopped coming completely so I cancelled. It just took too long to really keep Gamefly being in Fl, but I'm hoping their new Tampa center really lessens the times (atleast, I'd imagine it would by a good few days since Fl-Fl > Ca-Fl) .. anybody in GA, FL with experiences from the Tampa center yet?

If you go on eBay, you can get 2 months of service for $5...... I'm on my second week of the 2 month trial..... too bad I already own most games..... I'm trying to see if I get this and beat games rather than buying them..... that would save me a lot of money during the year

I actually have been rather pleased with my GameFly account. I've had them for a year now.

When I first signed up, it took about four or five business days to get a game, which was rather lame. Once they opened the new distribution center in Pittsburgh, I started getting games faster and had much better turnaround times. I live in Northwest Indiana, mind you.

Ever since, my turnaround time has been about 2-3 days. They'll ship me a game on Tuesday and most of the time I'll have it on Thursday. I'll send back a game on Monday and they'll get it Wednesday morning.

I've got the four-game plan and I also keep the games if I love 'em that much. Beats EB's used game prices 99% of the time.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']If you go on eBay, you can get 2 months of service for $5...... I'm on my second week of the 2 month trial..... too bad I already own most games..... I'm trying to see if I get this and beat games rather than buying them..... that would save me a lot of money during the year[/QUOTE]

Already signed up for the one month trial awhile back so I imagine the 2 months trial wouldn't work, though thats a good deal for new users. I shot them an email asking about it, and seeing if they had any discount rates to give it another shot, since they'd been emailing me previously about a discounted rate. I was really tempted to go with the 1-out plan, but with it taking 5-7 days, the 2-out was the only option at the time.

OP, I have a Gamefly account and a password I can give you for a free trial if you're interested :) Let me know. I definitely love their service despite the fact I typically don't like rentals. The great thing is you can keep the game (at a discount) if you really like it, and if it's in perfect condition then all the better. I got "No More Heroes" the day it came out and got it for like $12 off Retail and it was BRAND NEW... really awesome. Plus, the longer you're with them the more discounts you get (discounts on used games, $5 gift certificates towards games, etc.). And when you buy the game they send you mint condition cases and manuals...perfect for any collector ^_^

I think Gamefly has good perks, like the coupons and bonus % you can save if you buy games from them. Any game I bought from them was in great shape and I was satisfied with the price before discounts.

i've had gamefly for 9 months now...i like it but have a few issues.

i live in chicago so most of my games come from pittsburgh. my post office scans so i get the fast return and all that. but my complaint is i don't get the most popular games when they're released. like this week i had devil may cry 4 and culcept saga, both on 360, in my queue for the longest time. i only got culdcept saga but no DMC4. i only have no more heroes at home from them and my queue is just all future releases so nothing is in the way of me getting DMC4. i doubt that a million ppl added DMC4 to their queue...but i could be wrong. it only happens once in a while so it's not a big concern, but still.

usually i'm the first to receive a disc so it's worth it to consider their Keep It price. say i want to buy no more heroes. i'm the first to get this copy of the game and it has no scratches and it's flawless...brand new.

MSRP: $49.99
gamestop used price: $44.99
w/ edge card: $40.50
gamefly Keep It price: probably $39.00ish
member for 6 months price: $37.50ish. (extra 5% off the Keep It price)

and every 3 months you get a $5 off coupon. even if you don't get that additional discount from being a member for 6 months (5% off) or 12 months (10% off), there's no crossing your fingers and hoping to find a barely used copy at a gamestop. the case + booklet usually comes in 2-3 days via priority mail.

this has saved me a ton of money on games i wasn't too sure i wanted (bladestorm, lego star wars TCS, harvey birdman).

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Neither, Gamerang.[/quote]

Gamerang was the first place I used. Good CS, packaging, and website layout, but I live in Ohio and there closest shipping enter was in Minnesota or New Jersey at the time. I received 10 games and nine came from California when they had three other shipping enters closer. So I canceled.

i live in chicago so most of my games come from pittsburgh. my post office scans so i get the fast return and all that. but my complaint is i don't get the most popular games when they're released. like this week i had devil may cry 4 and culcept saga, both on 360, in my queue for the longest time. i only got culdcept saga but no DMC4. i only have no more heroes at home from them and my queue is just all future releases so nothing is in the way of me getting DMC4. i doubt that a million ppl added DMC4 to their queue...but i could be wrong. it only happens once in a while so it's not a big concern, but still.

As others have mentioned, the most effective way to get the game you want is to clear your queue. Worked wonders for me. The only thing is that they might ship out from a center that is not close to you. I'm in Jersey, and they sent Assassin's Creed from the California center.

Regarding the Tampa, FL shipping center, I'm in south florida and (obviously) I use the Tampa one. It seems to me more games are in stock for the Tampa one, most popular games are high or available now, rather than low or very low with California/Pittsburgh.

Also, the 2 games in Q worked perfectly for me yesterday/day before. They recieved my games 2 days after I sent them, sent out one that day, and the other the following day. I can't complain before I had 2 new games in my Q, and only those 2.

[quote name='seen']Gamefly sadly is the leader in this online service. Their service does suck, but from everything I read is better then the alternative. Hopefully Netflix will come into the market and show them how its done.[/quote]

I would actually like to see Netflix buyout Gamefly. Netflix's system is much better, it would be great.

Since I live close to Tampa, it has been pretty good so far with the opening of the new distribution center. If there's a non-new release game I want, I usually get it the day after it ships from my queue (medium/high availability). The same speed can be applied to sending discs back once done - the next day.

My biggest beef has been the shift of sending new release games from Wednesday to Thursday. When the games were sent Wednesday, I would get them by Saturday and make my weekends fantastic. The shift to Thursday has made this wait a lot longer; now I don't receive these till Tuesday. I'm assuming new releases still ship out from CA. It's happened so far with No More Heroes and now Devil May Cry 4.

Otherwise, GameFly is great for keeping games and purchasing preowned in great condition and a nicer price than Gamestop offers.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']If you go on eBay, you can get 2 months of service for $5...... I'm on my second week of the 2 month trial..... too bad I already own most games..... I'm trying to see if I get this and beat games rather than buying them..... that would save me a lot of money during the year[/quote]
Two months of service for $5? I don't see it on ebay..can someone point me to it?

[quote name='Gamedefeater']Two months of service for $5? I don't see it on ebay..can someone point me to it?[/quote]

Just search "Gamefly", it will come up with a bunch of people selling 2 month trial codes for like $3-5.

go to

www.gamefly.com/maxedout

there is a promo goin right now. you can get either a 1 or 2 months or even 1 year free.

99% are probally 1 month code.

gamefly used to be 3 days each way. now its 7 days eac h way.

if you have a problem in the past they would work wit you. If the game took over a week to get to you they would either give you 5 gamefly bucks or 7 bucks off the next bill

now they tell you to go fuck yourself and give you nothing

Lol, that's great if you buy Lunchables. Blech. :D

Is there any way around this? I would've kept with Gameznflix, but they kept sending me completely oblierated disks (such as a few being snapped in half, or seriously scratched). Other than not getting the newest stuff that quick, it wasn't too bad. There were enough glitches were I had too many games and movies on my end. I only kept a couple of them, but that's because I was getting a little frustrated over the fact that they kept sending me the aforementioned damaged disks.

I've had gamerang for a while now - been through gamefly and gameznflx and so far they've been the best. There are lags in shipments but I keep my queue filled with upcoming releases waiting for release..

I'd recommend them.. but I'm in tx so I don't know how things are on the coasts...

[quote name='Derwood43']Have had both.

I really wanted Gameznflix to work better, but it just didn't. Gamefly > Gameznflix[/quote]

I definitely agree with you there Derwood. I used GNF's code, EMMYS for a reduced rate, but I would rather pay more for Gamefly. Gameznflix had problems with shipping; took too long, their selection and experience is nowhere near Gamerang or Gameznflix.

bread's done
Back