Gamefly orders never recieved

Garcia5Owens81

CAGiversary!
I ordered 3 games on the 31st of december. I emailed gamefly and they said they refunded my card. Now if I reorder am I gonna get the sale prices and free shipping? What are the odds of my games still arriving? I also ordered another game on the 7th that also shipped and have failed to recieve it but I did not tell them. How can a company afford to lose that many games?

[quote name='trustcompany1013']i recieved all of my other games, but im still waiting for my todd macfarlane game (spellcheck) :cry:[/quote]

They may be doing you a favor. ;)

[quote name='argyle'][quote name='trustcompany1013']i recieved all of my other games, but im still waiting for my todd macfarlane game (spellcheck) :cry:[/quote]

They may be doing you a favor. ;)[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='Garcia5Owens81']I ordered 3 games on the 31st of december. I emailed gamefly and they said they refunded my card. Now if I reorder am I gonna get the sale prices and free shipping? What are the odds of my games still arriving? I also ordered another game on the 7th that also shipped and have failed to recieve it but I did not tell them. How can a company afford to lose that many games?[/quote]

im shocked they refunded your card already. Most places wont do this for 21 days since they cant consider an item lost until 21 days r up

Did GF give you a shipping confirmation?
If so, there is a great chance (barring any spelling mistakes on your part) that you will receive the games.
If they didnt, have fun paying for shipping

Here is the email they sent me:

Dear Matthew,

I apologize for the inconvenience. It appears the games may have been lost in the mail. I have refunded you the full purchase price. You can re-purchase the games at any time from our website if it is still available. Unfortunately, our system does not allow for a simple 1-for-1 exchange at this time.

If the games actually do arrive, please contact us.

Please verify that the delivery address information on your account is correct before initiating another purchase.

Thank you,

I also ordered Rainbow six 3 black arrow on the 7th and I recieved that order today. This sucks because the games I ordered have gone up in price and I would now have to pay shipping. I don't understand why they dont use UPS at least that way it is trackable and less likely to get stolen by the mailman.

True but If the games show up I didn't get charged for them, so they lose money anyways. That would be three games they lost money on because they refunded me. UPS = cheaper in the long run.

>True but If the games show up I didn't get charged for them, so they lose money anyways<

Or you could be honest and alerted them to the fact that they eventually showed up and let them recharge you for them.

Every game i ordered from them arrived within a week from order and all of them are in great shape, i live on the east coast.

Manhunt
Star Trek: Shattered Universe
Shin Megami Tensu: Nocturne (sp)?

Well if I get it tommorow I will tell them but if I don't screw them I won't alert them. I also live on the east coast (South Florida).

Rainbow six 3 is in decent condition. Some scratchs but nothing that looks unplayable. Case looks untouched.

Or they ran out of stock since teh prices were so low and they had an enexpected spike in sales...

So they made notes of the games that didnt ship and waited for you to call.

Thus they dont need to wait the 21 days because it was never shipped..

They still look good.

They get to wait till they get more in stock
&
They can sell them at a slightly higher price...

I don't know they told me they shipped on the 4th. Here is the email:

Dear Matthew,

The following order has been placed:

Confirmation Number: 4705506

Title: Street Fighter Anniversary Collection

Price: $14.99
Tax: $0.90
TOTAL: $15.89

Shipping to:
Matthew Lopez
((Please Leave out personal info like addresses)

^^^

Some of their systems are strange or like something I'd expect from a small time ecommerce site.

For example,

No shopping cart system.

Weird final checkout page (my buddy completed an order without realizing he was actually doing the final submit).

No way to cancel an order once it's placed

They don't combine games ordered on the same day into one shipment (that would save them money...)

Don't use DC.

No choice for shipment method.

Not saying they are a bad company, in fact I'm very satisfied with my orders. I just was surprised with their ordering system.

Just got this email from them:

Response (Bob K) 01/13/2005 11:15 AM
Dear Matthew,

I'm sorry, but due to the excessive games being lost in the mail, we cannot offer you service at this time. If the lost games are recovered, we may be able to activate an account for you in the future.

We realize this is not your fault, but our business cannot support this rate of loss.

Thank you,

GameFly Customer Service
Email: [email protected]
Online help: http://www.gamefly.com/help/default.asp

THE THREE GAMES THAT SHIPPED WENT OUT ON THE SAME DAY! Which probally means the same freaking theif mailworker stole them.

bread's done
Back