Gamefly Rant

placebo3369

CAGiversary!
I have had so many issues with them I just don't think it's worth subscribing. First, they did not sign me up for 2 games out at a time, even though it's what I wanted. It took a week to solve that. I've had 2 missing games -- shipped but never arrived. A few times it has taken a week before they say a game was returned, normal time is 2 days.

Yesterday they sent me the wrong game.

Today, the most unacceptable, I got charged for a game I didn't order. How did that happen?

Did my account get hacked?

I can't get an immediate answer, because chat and phones have stopped for the day, even though it's only 2pm local time.

Contrast Netflix, which has one day turnaround -- always -- and that I've never, never had an issue with in my many years with them.

[quote name='placebo3369']I have had so many issues with them I just don't think it's worth subscribing. First, they did not sign me up for 2 games out at a time, even though it's what I wanted. It took a week to solve that. I've had 2 missing games -- shipped but never arrived. A few times it has taken a week before they say a game was returned, normal time is 2 days.

Yesterday they sent me the wrong game.

Today, the most unacceptable, I got charged for a game I didn't order. How did that happen?

Did my account get hacked?

I can't get an immediate answer, because chat and phones have stopped for the day, even though it's only 2pm local time.

Contrast Netflix, which has one day turnaround -- always -- and that I've never, never had an issue with in my many years with them.[/QUOTE]

I've never really dealt with GameFly, or any game rental by mail service, but I've heard some people talk about http://www.gamemine.com/

I have no clue if they are any good or reputable but you might want to ask around.

I've never had a problem with Gamefly and I've been using them since around June or so. But yeah if you're having that much problems with them yourself, then its a good idea to no longer use them

For a period of about four years (probably 2005-09) I went on again, off again with Gamefly probably four times. The idea is always so brilliant yet the execution would always be off *just* enough to make me say "nevermind". Then six months later I'd join again, hoping that things would be better. In the end, I decided that it wasn't worth the hassle and now I just find cheapass games whenever I get a chance. Works better for me.

bread's done
Back