GameFly September 2012 Used Game Sale - Under $20 Blowout

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's monthy used game sale has returned with under $20 prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual, case, and online passes. They are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Out of stock items sometimes return later. Sale ends 9/17.

icongamefly.gif
Sale items

:360: Wipeout 2 $7.99
:360: Mass Effect 2 $8.99
:360: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City $8.99
:360: Just Dance 3 $9.99
:360: Lord of the Rings: War in the North $9.99
:360: Need for Speed The Run $9.99
:360: Rage $9.99
:360: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $9.99
:360: Sonic Generations $9.99
:360: Assassin's Creed Revelations $12.99
:360: Capcom Digital Collection $12.99
:360: Final Fantasy XIII-2 $12.99
:360: Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary $12.99
:360: L.A. Noire $12.99
:360: Rayman Origins $12.99
:360: Silent Hill HD Collection $12.99
:360: UFC Trainer $12.99
:360: Wipeout: In the Zone $12.99
:360: Gears of War 3 $14.99
:360: Ridge Racer Unbounded $14.99
:360: Spider-Man: Edge of Time $14.99
:360: X-Men: Destiny $14.99
:360: Mass Effect 3 $14.99
:360: Ninja Gaiden 3 $14.99
:360: Saints Row: The Third $19.99

:ps3: Air Conflicts: Secret Wars $7.99
:ps3: Syndicate $7.99
:ps3: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City $8.99
:ps3: Deus Ex: Human Revolution $9.99
:ps3: Need for Speed The Run $9.99
:ps3: Rage $9.99
:ps3: SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs $9.99
:ps3: Sonic Generations $9.99
:ps3: Ace Combat: Assault Horizon $12.99
:ps3: Disney Universe $12.99
:ps3: F.E.A.R. 3 $12.99
:ps3: Final Fantasy XIII-2 $12.99
:ps3: Infamous 2 $14.99
:ps3: Ridge Racer Unbounded $14.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Edge of Time $14.99
:ps3: Twisted Metal $14.99
:ps3: Yakuza Dead Souls $14.99
:ps3: Assassin's Creed Revelations $14.99
:ps3: Dead Island $14.99
:ps3: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning $17.99
:ps3: Armored Core V $19.99
:ps3: Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi $19.99

:wii: Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2012 $7.99
:wii: JAWS: Ultimate Predator $7.99
:wii: Just Dance Kids $7.99
:wii: Puss in Boots $7.99
:wii: The Adventures of Tintin: The Game $7.99
:wii: The Price is Right 2010 Edition $7.99
:wii: The Price is Right Decades $7.99
:wii: Trivial Pursuit: Bet You Know It $7.99
:wii: Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion XL $9.99
:wii: Need for Speed The Run $9.99
:wii: LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 $12.99
:wii: Power Rangers Samurai $12.99
:wii: Rayman Origins $12.99
:wii: Disney Universe $12.99
:wii: Rhythm Heaven Fever $14.99
:wii: Just Dance 2 $14.99
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn $14.99
:wii: Michael Jackson The Experience $14.99
:wii: Fortune Street $17.99
:wii: Just Dance 3 $17.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jmbreci']Dang it. Syndicate - out, Sonic Generations - out, skipping Mario Kart due to KMart having it that price on Sunday....thinking about Twisted Metal, but with Borderlands 2 on the way.....eh...seems like I'm always a day late to these parties. :)

Happy hunting everyone.
[/QUOTE]

Which version of Syndicate were you looking for, PS3 or 360?

So I have had Syndicate on my shelf all summer after buying it during a B2G1 at BBY. Finally popped it in and I have to say I am kind of disappointed. It is not bad. It just does not bowl me over. I mean for $8 it will be serviceable but overall I am not impressed so far. I guess the co-op was the really nice thing about it but there is not too much going on there. Anyway, I am going to try to finish it but right now I just want to get through and trade it for $12.60. Oh yea it has frozen my system up twice which is rare for me.

[quote name='joeyshadows']You can buy the games without a subscription. However I think you can rent and then pay the keep price on games if you do the trial.[/QUOTE]

Does anybody know any more about how it works with renting and then paying to keep the game?

I REALLY want Halo, and wouldn't mind Sonic Generations for the Xbox 360... even if these games come back in stock it is hard to tell if I'll have access to a computer for the 15 minutes it might be available. So if I'm planning on buying it, what down side would there be? I've never done a game fly rental or purchase.

Keep
If you've rented a great game and want to own it, click Keep and the game is all yours up to 50% off retail prices!
Once you confirm that you want to Keep:
You keep the game disc you already have.
The original case and manual should arrive within 5 business days.
The credit card in My Account is charged our low pre-played game price and any applicable sales tax, as well as a small shipping and handling charge if you are not a paying rental member.
Your purchase will process within 24 hours, and then we’ll send the next available title in your GameQ.
All pre-played game purchases are final.
Your credit card will not be charged until you confirm your purchase.

So IF the prices are what the KEEP actually shows, then I guess I would get charged shipping and handling (hopefully wouldn't rape me on that)... Bidding on these eBay copies sucks, most are still going up to $20 bucks with shipping on top of them. If I can get it for $13.00 + shipping (as long as it isn't like 6 bucks or more), then I think I'd be doing alright. Anybody else got any ideas on how to get this game cheap?

No. And that's why the :360: is cheaper than the :ps3:

[quote name='DeilGyre']Ah, missed LotR:WitN.
Maybe be a next time, hopefully.

They ever patch that game for 360?[/QUOTE]

I just started playing Syndicate, and I'm having fun. It did freeze on my once, but BF3 freezes on my all the time, and it's not a problem for me. Syndicate's campaign is cool, and the co-op is awesome. I have no trouble finding someone to play with so far.

[quote name='Cancerman1120'] So I have had Syndicate on my shelf all summer after buying it during a B2G1 at BBY. Finally popped it in and I have to say I am kind of disappointed. It is not bad. It just does not bowl me over. I mean for $8 it will be serviceable but overall I am not impressed so far. I guess the co-op was the really nice thing about it but there is not too much going on there. Anyway, I am going to try to finish it but right now I just want to get through and trade it for $12.60. Oh yea it has frozen my system up twice which is rare for me.[/QUOTE]

Got my Twisted Metal with Black code and HaloCEA with avatar item and slipcase in only 2 days:applause:
:applause:Gamefly Handling Bizniz = Like a BOSS:applause:

[quote name='cjenvy']still not shipped on my start of sale purchase of sonic rayman and halo im wondering if i should call them[/QUOTE]

why do you repeatedly post this? does your life depend on playing these games?

[quote name='cjenvy']still not shipped on my start of sale purchase of sonic rayman and halo im wondering if i should call them[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the daily updates. I'm super curious to see how your experience is going and I'm dying to know when your games ship because it - like all videogame related things - directly affects my well-being, as it should for everyone.

Bought and received a copy of NFS: The Run that had part of the game label scratched off. You could see through the disc. Needless to say, it didn't work. That'll be the first game I got from them DOA.

So now we go through the RMA/re-order process. What a pain.

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']Thank you for the daily updates. I'm super curious to see how your experience is going and I'm dying to know when your games ship because it - like all videogame related things - directly affects my well-being, as it should for everyone.[/QUOTE]

wow where did you and the other douche come from because last i checked

most people who have never bought from gamefly would want to know how long it takes for them to ship/receive during these sales

ANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNND

the fact that some people not only shipped but also received in less than 1 day where mine hasnt shipped in 2+ days could mean some kind of issue or that they may have oversold their stock

I think you can evaluate how long shipping generally takes by user comments. If you feel you have a problem please contact gamefly. We don't need daily updates about how you were "the first" to place an order and how that order is still pending.

Well I got lucky and my Twisted Metal came with the code for Twisted Metal Black. Yeah. Halo CE came with all the codes also.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I got lucky and my Twisted Metal came with the code for Twisted Metal Black. Yeah. Halo CE came with all the codes also.[/QUOTE]

Slip cover included on Halo? Thanks

[quote name='UberSwiss']Slip cover included on Halo? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately no...but I had 3 games so it was a tight fit. You might have better luck if you only ordered it as a single or with one other game.

For those that care, I contacted GF about my Halo order that hadn't been fulfilled yet. Pretty much, as you probably guessed, oversold their allotment and are working on a solution. Two hours of extra orders came in after they sold out so it seems likely a cancellation may be coming in the future.

My Sonic Generations order shipped the next day, now its out of the distribution center's hands.

I live in northern NJ and it always takes 3-4 business days for me to get my package. GameFly's closest distribution center is in Penn, so what's the hold up with the USPS? Anyone else from NJ wanna chime in? Not just GameFly, I also ordered a book from PA, USPS again, and I'm about to hit the 3 day mark tomorrow.

I can send something from here to California and it takes 3 days, I kinda expected at least the next day or 2 days.

How does that even work logistically? :cold:

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I got lucky and my Twisted Metal came with the code for Twisted Metal Black. Yeah. Halo CE came with all the codes also.[/QUOTE]

Do those Halo codes include the avatar armor/grunt funeral skull as well as the DLC map pack?

[quote name='UberSwiss']Slip cover included on Halo? Thanks[/QUOTE]
I recieved the slip cover and all the codes

-Maps & Grunt Feneral

[quote name='ripoffer']Why can't I buy it on Gamefly.com? It says keep but I didn't rent it and I'm not a member anymore.[/QUOTE]

The keep option is only for current members. It will show the option but you can choose it since you are not a member. That also means the item is out of stock.

Any opinions about Ace Combat: Assault Horizon(PS3)?? Is online still alive?? Got $5 that will expire soon, so I'm thinking about getting it since its only $8 :whistle2:/

Sold out of RE: Operation Raccoon City for 360. Damn, I was going to order a copy + 1 for a friend. Not sure why I didn't pull the trigger on it earlier, figured I'd get around to it when I got home tonight.

shit

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Has halo been restocked at all? I've checked 3-4 times a day and never seen it back in stock.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you are interested in it or not, but I'm attempting to sign up for the 1 month free sub and then rent the games that are currently OOS... since the Keep price is the same as the sale price, I'm hoping that it actually will let me keep it. If it ends up not working, oh well, free trial so I'm not out anything. I have no idea how long it takes them to ship the games in my 'Q', but if it happens soon then I'll post up what happens.

To answer your question though, I also have not saw it come back in stock. Sonic restocked for PS3 for like 15 minutes once though, so I'm guessing since every deal site has this now the chances of finding it in stock for very long is going to be slim.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']Has halo been restocked at all? I've checked 3-4 times a day and never seen it back in stock.[/QUOTE]i went through this when it was on sale for $14.99 a few months back. it never came back in stock until this sale. good luck

Damn, missed Halo CE. This is what happens when you sleep during the day and work at night without internet access. Oh well, I got ME3 so its not all bad.

Halo CE back in stock!!!

edit: Figures... the day after I sign up for the trial so that I can rent it and choose to keep it... oh well, at least I'll get it.

[quote name='kylerg']May get Halo.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't seem like it stays in stock for too long... if you are interested in it, I think its worth picking up. IF you end up getting it and not wanting it, you could always trade it or sell it on eBay... For information, I've been trying to buy one on eBay and without the codes or sleeve they were still selling for around $20+.

[quote name='harry hood']Sold out of RE: Operation Raccoon City for 360. Damn, I was going to order a copy + 1 for a friend. Not sure why I didn't pull the trigger on it earlier, figured I'd get around to it when I got home tonight.

shit[/QUOTE]
Back in stock! Got a copy, but I could only get one. I guess you can't order multiple copies of the same game through gamefly? Or perhaps, they were low on stock and wouldn't allow it

[quote name='dcswirl']Lotr was in stock again for 360 but was unavailable by the time I hit submit....hate that shit![/QUOTE]
This was back in stock for a minute, but I couldn't get to it in time. I'll be keeping an eye out. I want it too.

Does anyone know if the Twisted Metal Black game code allows you to play the game without the Twisted Metal Disk? If I ever trade it in I was wondering if the TM Black would still be playable.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Does anyone know if the Twisted Metal Black game code allows you to play the game without the Twisted Metal Disk? If I ever trade it in I was wondering if the TM Black would still be playable.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can play TM Black without TM. It's just a code for the downloadable version of Black.

[quote name='sabanoo']Yes, you can play TM Black without TM. It's just a code for the downloadable version of Black.[/QUOTE]

Cool thanks for the quick response. :)

Im at the point where anything gets re-stocked im not going to say anything lol

plus its kind of messed up to see something stocked, buy it, then tell others its up again

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Im at the point where anything gets re-stocked im not going to say anything lol

plus its kind of messed up to see something stocked, buy it, then tell others its up again[/QUOTE]

huh? if you see it in stock, buy it. if it's still in stock, tell people. not difficult.

I guess, but when I buy stuff I dont go back to check if it's still in stock. It's not like Amazon where it says how many are in stock.

ive ordered twisted metal on two seperate occasions hoping to get a limited edition...0 for 2

if anyone has an extra code, please pm me. ill trade for it

bread's done
Back