GameFly Used Game Sale With Free Shipping

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly is having their monthly used game sale with low prices and free shipping on select titles. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 5/24.

transparent.gif
:360: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra $7.99
:360: Brutal Legend $9.99
:360: Indianapolis 500 Evolution $9.99
:360: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising $9.99
:360: Wolfenstein $9.99
:360: Dark Void $12.99
:360: NCAA Football 10 $12.99
:360: Rogue Warrior $12.99
:360: Wet $12.99
:360: 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand $14.99
:360: Street Fighter IV $17.99
:360: Assassin's Creed 2 $17.99
:360: Batman: Arkham Asylum $17.99
:360: BioShock 2 $17.99

:ps3: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood $9.99
:ps3: Ghostbusters $9.99
:ps3: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising $12.99
:ps3: Brutal Legend $12.99
:ps3: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra $12.99
:ps3: Prototype $12.99
:ps3: Red Faction: Guerrilla $12.99
:ps3: Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes $12.99
:ps3: UFC 2009 Undisputed $12.99
:ps3: Wanted: Weapons of Fate $12.99
:ps3: Wet $12.99
:ps3: Wolfenstein $12.99
:ps3: White Knight Chronicles: International Edition $17.99
:ps3: The Beatles: Rock Band $19.99

transparent.gif

:wii: Cursed Mountain $9.99
:wii: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra $9.99
:wii: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 $9.99
:wii: The Conduit $9.99
:wii: X-Men Origins: Wolverine $9.99
:wii: Ghostbusters $12.99
:wii: Reel Fishing: Angler's Dream $12.99
:wii: Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs $14.99
:wii: Resident Evil Archives: Resident Evil $14.99
:wii: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up $14.99
:wii: The Price is Right $14.99
:wii: Guitar Hero 5 $17.99
:wii: Punch-Out!! $19.99

Last edited by a moderator:
1st purchase from gamefly, and I received Bioshock 2 with 4-5 knicks on the edge. Great. I sent a "report a problem" and guess I'll go from there. I can't just reorder b/c the free ship is gone.

They will give me a refund when they receive the disc but won't offer me free shipping on the new disc, even though that was what I received when i purchased it. That's a horrible first experience w/ buying from gamefly and I wont be re-ordering.

i just got my AC 2 360, 3days shipping to CA. I only played a bit but early on it has a slow game pace. Not sure if i like the game yet

[quote name='ploppsdman']They will give me a refund when they receive the disc but won't offer me free shipping on the new disc, even though that was what I received when i purchased it. That's a horrible first experience w/ buying from gamefly and I wont be re-ordering.[/QUOTE]

Why is it a horrible experience? You didn't honestly expect them to have a shrinkwrapped copy, take the plastic off and send you the copy did you...?

You're getting all of your money back, no hassles, plus they cover return shipping, so where's the problem, other than you're out a game because of your issue with a few pieces of plastic missing. (If it worked fine, why not keep it, if it didn't I'd have more sympathy towards your plight)

The last few games I've received have had a few nicks in the plastic on the edges, and while I'm not 100% pleased by that, I'm not disheartened or surprised by it neither. If I rented games out in a flimsy little paper sleeve and sent them all over the US, I'd be shocked when they'd come back with so little damage.

I'll say to you what I say to everyone else who buys used items from Gamefly or somewhere else, if you get a good price, a complete game, little to no surface defects on the disc and it plays fine, enjoy it, don't complain and move on to the next good deal.

If you're expecting brand spankin' new for a used price, then shop somewhere else, I'm sure Gamestop will have the same high quality discs (complete too ;)) for the same low price. :roll:

My copies of Punch-out, Conduit, Wolfenstein and White Knight Chronicles had nicks in all of the discs, they all worked fine, came complete, and were pretty much scratch free, so again what's the problem? I got'em cheaper than I could have anyplace else by quite a big amount.

Makes me wonder what some people expect buying used product from a place that rents the games first before they sell them...:nottalking:

[quote name='ploppsdman']They will give me a refund when they receive the disc but won't offer me free shipping on the new disc, even though that was what I received when i purchased it. That's a horrible first experience w/ buying from gamefly and I wont be re-ordering.[/QUOTE]

If you're expecting mint quality discs you probably shouldnt be buying used. With gamefly's prices a couple nicks should be expected now and then.

The three game I bought from them so far looked pretty much new, so I guess I got lucky.

They have very reasonable prices, guarantee case and manual, and are often giving away shipping. Outside of selection, they have Gamestop beat in almost every way (love the scratched up copy of Culdcept I got from GS by the way). I have no complaints.

I got Wet a few days ago and it was in great condition...which is better than the last time I ordered from them where the games were in horrible condition. Guess it's hit or miss with them.

Sweet, picked up Prototype and Red Faction, nice price for both at around 33 bucks. Thinking about getting WKC, but have heard mixed reviews, mostly negative.

Backlog +2 :roll:

[quote name='uncle5555']Why is it a horrible experience? You didn't honestly expect them to have a shrinkwrapped copy, take the plastic off and send you the copy did you...?

You're getting all of your money back, no hassles, plus they cover return shipping, so where's the problem, other than you're out a game because of your issue with a few pieces of plastic missing. (If it worked fine, why not keep it, if it didn't I'd have more sympathy towards your plight)

The last few games I've received have had a few nicks in the plastic on the edges, and while I'm not 100% pleased by that, I'm not disheartened or surprised by it neither. If I rented games out in a flimsy little paper sleeve and sent them all over the US, I'd be shocked when they'd come back with so little damage.

I'll say to you what I say to everyone else who buys used items from Gamefly or somewhere else, if you get a good price, a complete game, little to no surface defects on the disc and it plays fine, enjoy it, don't complain and move on to the next good deal.

If you're expecting brand spankin' new for a used price, then shop somewhere else, I'm sure Gamestop will have the same high quality discs (complete too ;)) for the same low price. :roll:

My copies of Punch-out, Conduit, Wolfenstein and White Knight Chronicles had nicks in all of the discs, they all worked fine, came complete, and were pretty much scratch free, so again what's the problem? I got'em cheaper than I could have anyplace else by quite a big amount.

Makes me wonder what some people expect buying used product from a place that rents the games first before they sell them...:nottalking:[/QUOTE]

You do know he got a bad copy and was trying to fix it with them right? They will never replace a disc so if you got it on sale and no longer instock or sale is over you are so out of luck. I had to return a few which was a pain cause it took from the time of charge almost a month to get my last refund from them. Yes i had tracking which is why i fought them and won cause i had the tracking. They tried to say i never shipped it back. There is also the time spent and with the economy so messed up every penny helps. You spend money on a game and after getting a dud you got to wait 2-5 weeks from the charge date to get the money back IF it goes bad. So i understand where he is coming from and I KNOW if you got a dud you would be complaining to here or to people offline. IF you do not which is hard not to believe then you got money to burn and person that does not get mad when you get a problem in life. I praise you cause not many people can do that part.

Anyways the deals are worth taking the chances here but like i said many times test them before anything else. If there are a few minor scratches still can lock games off and on. It all depends where and how deep. So install to the HDD to test all used games you buy everywhere.

[quote name='rly723']i just got my AC 2 360, 3days shipping to CA. I only played a bit but early on it has a slow game pace. Not sure if i like the game yet[/QUOTE]

Keep with it, its an amazing game but yes it does get off to a slow start.

Part of the problem with receiving a game with pieces of this disc missing is 1. my xbox crashed a few days ago, so I can't see if it works and 2. I can never trade it.

Also, I asked them to ship another game out for the same price for what I originally paid. Is it my fault they sent me a game in a condition I myself would never trade to a stranger? I've bought and traded and received used discs ..... never have I gotten one before that had little pieces missing. That's not acceptable. I asked for another copy, they told me I would have to pay for shipping. I don't agree with that, as that's not what I paid originally and this problem isn't my fault. I didn't ask for a disc with pieces missing from it.

I consider that to be a bad first experience with a seller: they sent me a disc I was not happy with and asked that I pay more money to receive a better copy. If you're super cool with that, that's fine. I'm not. If I had traded this on goozex, the user could give me a negative for sending a damaged disc--I asked and that's what I was told. So if it isnt good enough for goozex, how is it good enough for gamefly?

I decided to call today because I still felt this was sorta bs and the girl immediately offered a $5 off code to cover the shipping ... so if you have a similar problem, call.

I'm returning a game and was credited the money back into my paypal account within 2 days, no hassle. So what is the time deadline they expect games to be shipped back? I dont have access to a printer until this weekend so i cant print out the fedex return label online yet

didnt this sale end over a week ago? can this go to the graveyard or because CAG makes $$$ off gamefly, this'll just stay bumped forever?

[quote name='stewie75']didnt this sale end over a week ago? can this go to the graveyard or because CAG makes $$$ off gamefly, this'll just stay bumped forever?[/QUOTE]
Dayumn... That woman in your avatar looks mighty fine.

bread's done
Back