GameFly Weekend Deals: Infamous 2 $10, Twisted Metal, R3 $13, Halo CE $13 and More

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
FYI on HALO: CE - Purchased this a while back during a similar Gamefly deal. It came in scratched to hell. I called a CSR for a replacement and she said the deal was over so all I could get was a refund. No biggie. I asked if I could get a $5 credit so I could return and re-purchase at the sale price. Her supervisor agreed. Bonus.

Second disc came and was also unreadable. So as not to fuck with the nice CSRs any further, I traded in my copy to another store that does 100% trade-in cedit and purchased a readable copy. (kind of dickish to other used buyers...but oh well)

TL:DR - Had two Gamefly copies of HALO: CE and both wouldn't read. Hope that helps someone make their decision.

*edit* My experience with Gamefly is 50/50 and I still jump on these deals. I just don't jump on the titles I think might have a heavy in/out rate. Kind of like dating, eh :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='p-spiddy']FYI on HALO: CE - Purchased this a while back during a similar Gamefly deal. It came in scratched to hell. I called a CSR for a replacement and she said the deal was over so all I could get was a refund. No biggie. I asked if I could get a $5 credit so I could return and re-purchase at the sale price. Her supervisor agreed. Bonus.

Second disc came and was also unreadable. So as not to fuck with the nice CSRs any further, I traded in my copy to another store that does 100% trade-in cedit and purchased a readable copy. (kind of dickish to other used buyers...but oh well)

TL:DR - Had two Gamefly copies of HALO: CE and both wouldn't read. Hope that helps someone make their decision.[/QUOTE]

Dang this makes me want to cancel my order I just placed...

[quote name='JohnWayne']Dang this makes me want to cancel my order I just placed...[/QUOTE]

Don't. I bought Halo: CEA & Deus EX: HR from gamefly this summer, and they both came in great condition. Barely any scratches, everything looked great & played great.

It comes down to luck of the draw really. You might get a great game for a great price. If theres anything wrong, return it.

Is it true that the 3DS version of Sonic Generations has some different levels compared to the console versions because then I would consider double dipping since I enjoyed the game on 360? If not then I will just pass.

Kinect Sports 2 is definitely a fun game for the Kinect. The Wipeout series sells well, haven't tried my copy yet. Keep in mind, MS just released a KS two pack with the first two games.

I can't believe I freakin' missed Halo *AGAIN*

[quote name='boogie4114']Is it true that the 3DS version of Sonic Generations has some different levels compared to the console versions because then I would consider double dipping since I enjoyed the game on 360? If not then I will just pass.[/QUOTE]

The levels are different, it's just not a very good game compared to the console version (which I love).

lsat time i buy halo from them it say "dics can not be read" so i throwed it away didnt bother return it they prob jus call me liar and scam me so i order another today i hope it work. also order infamous 2 becus i cant find my old copy ihave the box but i dont kno where i put the disc ????

Signed up for inFamous 2 $10, even though I bought inFamous 1 for $10 on Black Friday 2010 and haven't even touched it yet.....

Happy and sad at the same time. These $10 games are hard to pass up, but it's not doing my backlog any favors.

Got infamous 2. Added to my backlog lol along with infamous 1 I bought a long time ago that I have never even played yet...puts my backlog at around 100 games I think!

[quote name='Saix_XIII']My game shipped already, which is surprising since today is Saturday. I had some buyers remorse but whatever.[/QUOTE]

That is how I felt when I ordered SR3 4 days ago, and to top it off this was the first game out of over 40 I had bought that had damage to the case it was cracked and will not stay shut.

TM sold out...I used to buy tons of games in these sales but with the last few months of sales everything is sold out within hours...

[quote name='Ikari Warrior']TM sold out...I used to buy tons of games in these sales but with the last few months of sales everything is sold out within hours...[/QUOTE]

You gotta have that trigger finger ;)

[quote name='Nitro_']That is how I felt when I ordered SR3 4 days ago, and to top it off this was the first game out of over 40 I had bought that had damage to the case it was cracked and will not stay shut.[/QUOTE]

Contact Gamefly. They should send you a replacement case. My copy of Asura's Wrath came with a damaged case and they sent me a replacement case no problem.

[quote name='smacd101']Was considering TM but it's gone now, so guess that decides it for me.[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad, you didn't miss out on anything. Single player can be finished in 3-4 hours and half of it (especially the races) isn't any fun. Online multiplayer is a blast the 20-30% of the time it works.

That is no exaggeration either. Online for everything but deathmatches is basically dead at this point so don't go in expecting to play much of hunted. I've spent 3-4 hours since I got the game trying to put a game of Nuke together, to this day I still haven't tried it. :cry:

The reason it died so quickly is because the netcode is ABYSMAL. This is, without exaggeration, one of the worst online systems of this generation, and is the worst I've seen on PS3. Literally 70-80% of the time you try to join a room/lobby you will get an error connection message of one type or another. You have to try to enter the same room again and again and again and again until you eventually get in. I can assure you this isn't a personal problem; I regularly play Mortal Kombat and Gotham City Imposters along with RDR and DCU Online every now and then, with another multiplayer game occasionally thrown in and have never had problems like this with any of them. You can go to any active forums and see the complaints for yourself, it's pretty bad. This is the primary problem you'll have to overcome, but there are others.

Once you finally get in, you can't start a match. Many of these matches require 6 or more players (why is beyond me). Inattentive hosts are also a major problem. Nothing is more frustrating than finally getting into a room, then finally getting enough people to play, just to discover the host quit paying attention or w/e and never starts the game, which eventually forces you to leave the room and find another. And of course it's virtually impossible to join in an existing game. Ranked matches don't allow it at all, and I've yet to successfully join an unranked match in progress. Finally I hear the game is unbalanced cause of the Talon helecoptor. I've never faced an opponent with a high enough rank to unlock it yet (can't imagine playing this game that much, it's pretty obvious most of the people playing online are people like me who recently got it) but it's a complaint I've read about on the forums. Considering the last update in the main lobby was around March (about a month after the game launched) it's safe to assume this game has been abandoned and left to die.

So yeah, I'd say you dodged a bullet. When you FINALLY get a match going online it can be fun, but it's really just not worth the headache it takes to get one started. I got the LE (came with Twisted Metal Black) for $20 and still wish I could get a refund, game simply isn't worth the disc it's printed on.

Infamous is cool if you ignore the user created missions. It sounds like a really neat concept but the truth is, compared to the main game, they are all crap.

Last edited:
[quote name='sir-fly']when do these deal go live? friday or saturday[/QUOTE]

Usually if it's weekend sales, they go up Friday night. Somewhere between 5-7 PM PST.

Witcher 2 is $18+tax with free shipping at the moment, not sure if that's a notable deal or not, I assume a lot of people got it new at BB for $10

[quote name='tylerh1701']Witcher 2 is $18+tax with free shipping at the moment, not sure if that's a notable deal or not, I assume a lot of people got it new at BB for $10[/QUOTE]

That's new as I was looking at a it a couple of days ago and shipping wasn't free.

Came in hoping to see a bunch of new deals...

hqdefault.jpg

Halo is showing up as 17.99 and kid Icarus is showing up 19.99 :(

I guess the deal isn't live yet ?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='squishface']Halo is showing up as 17.99 and kid Icarus is showing up 19.99 :([/QUOTE]

Deals in the title are from last week.

Well if the thread got bumped anyways, received my twisted metal today and it was the LE that came with tm: black

[quote name='shadowkast']Well if the thread got bumped anyways, received my twisted metal today and it was the LE that came with tm: black[/QUOTE]

I got mine yesterday and it didn't :cry:

[quote name='aznhero913']I miss the deals from last fall...

Bunch of great titles for $6-$12.

Hope those kinda sales start soon again!![/QUOTE]

Now that I think about it, I haven't bought a game from gamefly the entire year. If they throw out $7.99 Dark Souls I'll probably bite, or $9.99 Dead Island GOTY. Or (I can hope) $14.99 Dragon's Dogma.

bread's done
Back