GameFly Weekend PC Game Deals: Battlefield 3 $10, Spec Ops, Civ 5, Darkness 2 $7.50,

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
http://www.gamefly.com/download-games/browse/?pf=1100&cat=OnSale

10/5
Battlefield 3 $9.99

10/4 to 10/11
Skyrim $35.99
Skyrim - Dawnguard DLC $13.99
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition $9.99
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition Deluxe $12.49
Morrowind Game of the Year Edition $7.99

10/5 to 10/8
Spec Ops The Line $7.49
Civilization 4 $4.99
Civilization V $7.49
Civilization V: Game of the Year Edition $ 12.49
Civ V Gods And Kings $20.09
The Darkness 2 $7.49
Mafia 2 $7.49
Bioshock $4.99
Bioshock 2 $4.99
X-com: Ufo Defense $1.25
Major League Baseball 2k11 $4.99
Pirates $4.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Was not planning on buying anything but that 20% off made it too easy.

Grabbed Dawn Guard and Spec Ops for a whopping $17.18

[quote name='deletion']just did my first purchase on gamefly. does anyone know where the CD key is listed? can't seem to find it anywhere. i'm hoping i can just put the key into steam without having to download any extra gamefly app.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to download GameFly's "Client". Just click on My Account, Purchase History, Order Number, The digital key you plug into Steam is written on this receipt.

SPEC OPS REGISTERS ON STEAM. I didn't see anyone mention this, so if it has been mentioned already, it bears repeating. I did a blind buy on it and, lo and behold, it registered on Steam. Also picked up Gods & Kings, for a total of $22. AWESOME deal, thanks for the coupon too!

[quote name='supershammy']SPEC OPS REGISTERS ON STEAM. [/quote]
Spec Ops: The Line flat-out requires Steam...like MANY recent games published by 2K Games...

[quote name='supershammy']SPEC OPS REGISTERS ON STEAM. I didn't see anyone mention this, so if it has been mentioned already, it bears repeating. I did a blind buy on it and, lo and behold, it registered on Steam. Also picked up Gods & Kings, for a total of $22. AWESOME deal, thanks for the coupon too![/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']Spec Ops: The Line flat-out requires Steam...like MANY recent games published by 2K Games...[/QUOTE]

That and the Gamefly page says it requires a Steam account.....twice. (Right under the title front and center, and in the Requirements section.) But if someone wants to freak out over it like it's news....OK. :whistle2:s

I never received my code and got this email. Has anybody ever got this?

Dear Gamer,

Thanks for your recent order on GameFly! We are hoping to speak with you directly to verify this purchase. We will reach out to you as soon as possible using the email address or phone number located on your account during the following

I got Spec ops, Darkness 2, and BF3 for 19.99
Sent me a email with the codes after ~2m

Spec ops AND Darkness 2 activated on Steam
BF3 on Origin.

[quote name='walkonshadows']That and the Gamefly page says it requires a Steam account.....twice. (Right under the title front and center, and in the Requirements section.) But if someone wants to freak out over it like it's news....OK. :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, jesus you guys are fucking dicks. I said if it is already noted, great.

Picked up Spec Ops for that price, figured why not?

Damn that game is good. Im ex army, and this game is way better than BF3 and MW at simulating war. I love it so far.

I desperately want to play Spec Ops, but sadly my computer is four years old and wasn't top of the line then. Any guesses when the console version will drop in price?

[quote name='dkl415']I desperately want to play Spec Ops, but sadly my computer is four years old and wasn't top of the line then.[/QUOTE]

Did you try Spec Ops Demo on Steam and see how it runs on your rig...?

[quote name='Syntax Error']Thanks CheapyD and thanks NightWing228. Spec Ops for $5.99 -- yes, please![/QUOTE]

Ditto, I picked it up as well.

Pretty sure I am in for Spec Ops and Civ V GOTY for a whopping $16. I spent almost that much on dinner tonight. Thought about Skyrim but even with the discount it's over $28, so I'll keep waiting.

Decided to grab Torchlight II, love the 1st one and beta tested the 2nd great game, reminds me of old diablo II. 15.99 after coupon.

Damn. The code plus those deals on The Darkness 2 and Spec Ops was just too good. Plus, that they give Steam codes was great.

Yeah, just above $5 per game is my limit where I doubt any deal short of the company just giving the game away free is going to make me have a single regret.

I don't sweat $1-2. Plus, no tax for me. Unexpected since it seems like every store not Steam or Amazon just charges tax now whether it makes sense or not, but Gamefly is another to be added to the list.

Awesome deals.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']Damn. The code plus those deals on The Darkness 2 and Spec Ops was just too good. Plus, that they give Steam codes was great.[/quote]
Darkness 2 and Spec Ops: The Line both require Steam flat-out (like many 2K Games released in recent memory have done), so they (GameFly) kind of have no choice in the matter, in a sense...
...Either that or GameFly don't sell the game at all; or they have to talk to 2K about maybe releasing Non-Steam versions, if they want one there.
GameFly doesn't seem to care about that kind of politics - $$ talks, so... [shrug]

I remember back when D2D for a short time stopped selling Steam games, until the amount of backlash they got from D2D members and tons of sales they saw others getting from MW2 alone (since MW2 PC required Steam)...
I remember when Stardock has Impulse (before GameStop bought them out), NO Steam versions were allowed on Impulse.

Yeah, just above $5 per game is my limit where I doubt any deal short of the company just giving the game away free is going to make me have a single regret.

I don't sweat $1-2. Plus, no tax for me. Unexpected since it seems like every store not Steam or Amazon just charges tax now whether it makes sense or not, but Gamefly is another to be added to the list.

Awesome deals.
I think that all depends on a few things - what State you live in (and whatever their rules are for taxes); if there are any servers located in your area (for you to DL the game from); and if the service decides to charge tax or any other fees (or not).

I didn't see this mentioned, but if you are a GameFly member, Bioshock and Civilization IV is free for members and allows unlimited downloads.

[quote name='MysterD']Did you try Spec Ops Demo on Steam and see how it runs on your rig...?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestion! I didn't realize there was a Steam demo.

It runs smoothly on low, and choppy as hell on high. I figure I'll bite and tweak the settings until I can balance the two.

[quote name='Nailbunny']I'm wondering the same thing. I hope I don't have to download a client to obtain the key.

(edit) I just installed the software, then uninstalled it after I got the key. It installs Adobe AIR, so make sure you remove that if you do the same.

(edit2) And then they sent me an email with the key, so the client should be unnecessary.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was about to reinstall the Gamefly client and saw your post so I knew to check my email.

[quote name='pun123']Dang it missed the code too, but got Spec Ops should be in OP.[/QUOTE]
Crap, seconded. Guess I shouldn't have rushed to grab it after seeing the initial sale price, who would have thought it could be any cheaper?

For anybody interested in Dishonored, the coupon code brings it down to $48. That's $3 more than Green Man Gaming but you can pre-load now from Gamefly. No ETA on keys yet from GMG.

Bought Spec Ops last night. Beat it this afternoon. AWESOME game. Played on Hard for 7 hours.

Has one of the most epic firefights I have ever had in a game period. Story is fantastic.

Thanks for the tip on the game & promo code. Bought Spec Ops for $6 - after I read that it is based on the book The Heart of Darkness, I had to get it. (FYI: The Heart of Darkness was also the basis for the movie Apocalypse
Now
. More info on the book can be found here.)

Also pre-purchased NBA 2K13 for $24. I'm happy! Thanks again!

Anybody willing to help me out and buy The Darkness II and Spec Ops: The Line for me, gamefly somehow keeps rejecting my CC, they both can be bought for $12 with the discount code. I will pay the $12 for the games plus I'll gift you Rochard or Psychonauts on Steam or a small paypal payment ($2-$3) for your troubles

got it, thanks sunghost

Last edited by a moderator:
great deal. got spec ops. phenomenal game. is this a good deal for dawnguard with the 20% off? I'm thinking not so much probably best to wait

[quote name='tham1988']great deal. got spec ops. phenomenal game. is this a good deal for dawnguard with the 20% off? I'm thinking not so much probably best to wait[/QUOTE]

The best deal right now is 25% off at greenmangaming.com using the coupon code on the front page.

bread's done
Back