Gamehuddle.com -- any thoughts or experience?

Cool, thanks for sharing earnings! My earnings were $17.44, though a number of my games were submitted late in the month so only earned a few cents. I will share specifics next month when all my games will have been there the full month, to get an accurate earnings report.

Annoying Update: The "Thank you" $5 credit that they have been giving each time you ship a batch of games can no longer be withdrawn as cash. You used to be able to, now you can't. Boo.

What is a bit more unfortunate and annoying is that currently (and they better fix this soon!) this means that you can only withdraw from you account the balance that is above your total "rental credits" balance. For example, if you've shipped them games 3 times, that's $15 in rental credits, so essentially the first $15 of your earnings balance is frozen and cannot be withdrawn; you can only use it to rent games.
That is a fairly reasonable rule, really; I figured they wouldn't keep giving straight cash as a thank-you for shipping. Right now it's acting a bit buggy in other ways and I've written to customer service. But just wanted you to know that you can't plan on withdrawing as cash your credits anymore; only your rental earnings will be withdraw-worthy.

[quote name='bugeeker']Annoying Update: The "Thank you" $5 credit that they have been giving each time you ship a batch of games can no longer be withdrawn as cash. You used to be able to, now you can't. Boo.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I just (as in this AM) cashed out again this month and had no problem getting the $10 I had in "Thank You" credit applied to my PayPal transfer.

I sent in another set of games this week so I guess I will get to try again next month. Even if they do put the brakes on the credit for cash, it was an unexpected benefit to begin with so oh well...

[quote name='bugeeker']Annoying Update: The "Thank you" $5 credit that they have been giving each time you ship a batch of games can no longer be withdrawn as cash. You used to be able to, now you can't. Boo.
...[/QUOTE]

Wow, since I last posted I wrote to customer service, and already they've fixed things for me! Their quick fix was simply to change the whole site back for now so that you can again withdraw your rental credits as cash. I very much doubt this will last; expect things to go back to rental credits being for rentals only (not withdrawal) as soon as they figure out their site programming to track that correctly.

I gotta say their customer service seems sharp and fast, and willing to do what it takes to make things right.

Maybe I'll rent Infamous 2 to celebrate! :D

I have been using GameHuddle for a few months now and am please to announce that I like it better than subscription services such as Gamefly. Currently, I have leased five games that earn around $10 per month which allows me to rent two free games usually per month.

In my opinion, leasing games earns more profit (because they just sit on my shelf anyway) rather than selling them. A great service for people who do not want to subscribe to a subscription (I'm looking at you Gamefly).

Assassin's Creed II Xbox 360 $1.24
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood PlayStation 3 $5.58
BioShock Xbox 360 $0.93Borderlands Xbox 360 $1.86
Call of Duty: Black Ops Xbox 360 $6.20
Condemned 2: Bloodshot Xbox 360 $0.62
Dead Space 2 Xbox 360 $6.82
Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii $6.20
Fable III Xbox 360 $2.79
Fallout 3 Xbox 360 $1.24
Fight Night Champion PlayStation 3 $1.55
Fight Night Round 4 Xbox 360 $0.31
Gears of War 2 Xbox 360 $0.62
Grand Theft Auto IV Xbox 360 $0.62
Halo 3 Xbox 360 $0.93
Halo 3: ODST Xbox 360 $0.93
Heavy Rain PlayStation 3 $2.17
John Woo Presents Stranglehold Xbox 360 $0.62
Killzone 2 PlayStation 3 $1.55
Left 4 Dead Xbox 360 $0.31
Madden NFL 10 Xbox 360 $0.31
Madden NFL 11 Xbox 360 $2.17
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds Xbox 360 $5.58
Mass Effect Xbox 360 $0.62
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Wii $1.24
NBA 2K11 Xbox 360 $7.44
NBA 2K9 Xbox 360 $0.31
NCAA Football 07 Xbox 360 $0.31
NCAA Football 08 Xbox 360 $0.31
NCAA Football 11 Xbox 360 $3.10
Prince of Persia Xbox 360 $1.24
Punch-Out!! Wii $0.93
Red Dead Redemption Xbox 360 $1.24
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition Wii $0.31
Super Mario Galaxy Wii $0.62
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Wii $0.31
Super Paper Mario Wii $0.31
The Darkness Xbox 360 $1.24
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Xbox 360 $0.31
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii $1.24
The Orange Box Xbox 360 $1.24
Viva Pinata Xbox 360 $0.31

Total for the month: $72.85

[quote name='auggie23']...

Total for the month: $72.85[/QUOTE]

Woooo, epic earnings!:applause:
I finally have about that many games submitted, so we'll see if I can beat you this month. I doubt it, I think your games look better... I'll let you know on July 7th or whenever they process my earnings.

Still, I love the thought that by renting your old games you'll earn enough each month to buy a brand new release at MSRP (and hopefully any CAG knows better than to pay full price, but still...). And you can rent out that new release as soon as you beat it, upping your income more (or balancing out older games that lose popularity.

In other words, if you're happy with one or two games per month, you've basically got free games for life. :hot: CAG nirvana.

Here are my earnings from June. I found my first two games to earn a flat $0! Nor surprise, considering what they were.

Total Earnings: $45.70

Amped 3 Xbox 360 $0.00
Assassin's Creed II PlayStation 3 $0.90
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Xbox 360 $4.50
Bakugan: Battle Brawlers PlayStation 3 $1.96
Bayonetta Xbox 360 $0.90
BioShock & The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Bundle Xbox 360 $0.60
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII PlayStation 3 $0.90
Brutal Legend PlayStation 3 $0.60
Chromehounds Xbox 360 $0.56
Crysis 2 PlayStation 3 $6.72
Darksiders Xbox 360 $1.50
Darksiders PlayStation 3 $1.50
Fallout: New Vegas PlayStation 3 $3.00
FIFA Soccer 10 Xbox 360 $0.30
Fight Night Round 3 Xbox 360 $0.30
Full Auto 2: Battlelines PlayStation 3 $0.60
God of War Collection PlayStation 3 $0.90
Hasbro Family Game Night (Retail Edition)Xbox 360 $2.10
Heavy Rain PlayStation 3 $1.50
Katamari Forever PlayStation 3 $2.40
Kinect Adventures Xbox 360 $1.40
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom Xbox 360 $0.60
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Xbox 360 $0.28
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds Xbox 360 $3.36
MotorStorm PlayStation 3 $1.20
NCAA Football 09Xbox 360 $0.00
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction PlayStation 3 $1.20
Resistance: Fall of Man PlayStation 3 $0.30
SBK: Superbike World Championship PlayStation 3 $0.28
SEGA Superstars Tennis Xbox 360 $0.28
Soulcalibur IV PlayStation 3 $1.50
Street Fighter IV Xbox 360 $2.10
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Game of the Year Edition) Xbox 360 $0.30
Tony Hawk's Project 8 Xbox 360 $0.60
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom PlayStation 3 $0.28
WALL-E PlayStation 3 $0.28

Assassin's Creed II Xbox 360 $0.90
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood PlayStation 3 $4.50
BioShock Xbox 360 $0.93Borderlands Xbox 360 $0.60
Call of Duty: Black Ops Xbox 360 $6.00
Condemned 2: Bloodshot Xbox 360 $0.90
Dead Space 2 Xbox 360 $5.70
Donkey Kong Country Returns Wii $6.00
Fable III Xbox 360 $1.20
Fallout 3 Xbox 360 $0.60
Fight Night Champion PlayStation 3 $1.20
Fight Night Round 4 Xbox 360 $0.30
Gears of War 2 Xbox 360 $0.60
Grand Theft Auto IV Xbox 360 $0.30
Halo 3 Xbox 360 $1.20
Halo 3: ODST Xbox 360 $0.60
Heavy Rain PlayStation 3 $1.50
John Woo Presents Stranglehold Xbox 360 $0.60
Killzone 2 PlayStation 3 $0.90
Left 4 Dead Xbox 360 $0.30
Madden NFL 10 Xbox 360 $0.30
Madden NFL 11 Xbox 360 $1.80
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds Xbox 360 $3.60
Mass Effect Xbox 360 $0.60
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Wii $0.60
NBA 2K11 Xbox 360 $6.00
NBA 2K9 Xbox 360 $0.00
NCAA Football 07 Xbox 360 $0.00
NCAA Football 08 Xbox 360 $0.00
NCAA Football 11 Xbox 360 $2.40
Prince of Persia Xbox 360 $1.20
Punch-Out!! Wii $0.90
Red Dead Redemption Xbox 360 $0.90
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition Wii $0.30
Super Mario Galaxy Wii $0.60
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz Wii $0.30
Super Paper Mario Wii $0.30
The Darkness Xbox 360 $1.20
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Xbox 360 $0.30
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii $1.20
The Orange Box Xbox 360 $1.20
Viva Pinata Xbox 360 $0.30

Total for the month: $57.90

Couple of updates.

I (and a few friends) had new shipping credit again this month and again it converted to cash just fine. I suspect this was just an anomaly for some users last month. :applause:

Has anyone requested games back from them yet? I am still curious if they charge you shipping when they send your games back.

Overall I am VERY happy with this service so far...

I requested games back and had no problem. They didn't charge me, but I suspect that this will change down the road sometime. Are you guys renting games as well? I do, and I find the service to be fantastic!

Also, I just sent in some more games and it appears that they're no longer giving free rental credits. Makes sense I guess, I'd imagine they just did it to promote people sharing at first

[quote name='Schade']Couple of updates.

I (and a few friends) had new shipping credit again this month and again it converted to cash just fine. I suspect this was just an anomaly for some users last month. :applause:[/QUOTE]

I hope so! This makes shipping essentially free, which is great.

[quote name='Schade']
Has anyone requested games back from them yet? I am still curious if they charge you shipping when they send your games back.

Overall I am VERY happy with this service so far...[/QUOTE]

I've requested back a game and got it pretty quick, for free. I believe that the shipping costs you pay to ship to them cover the return shipping as well. That's what I like to think, at least.

The only holdup I had in requesting back a game was when I requested one I'd just sent in a week before. They said no, I couldn't get it back until it had been there a month. So keep that in mind; it's no huge deal, just don't be shipping them games you plan to take back in a week. I think they need some stability in their inventory and can't be yoinking things in and out all the time.

[quote name='auggie23']Also, I just sent in some more games and it appears that they're no longer giving free rental credits. Makes sense I guess, I'd imagine they just did it to promote people sharing at first[/QUOTE]
I was still credited for my recent submissions on July 14th. You could check your account history to be sure you didn't get it, and it's always worth a shot writing customer service. They were quickly responsive when I wrote them a while back.

I contacted their customer service and it turns out that they're no longer offering the free rental credits for sharing games. He said that there's the possibility that it'll be offered again in the future, or possibly some other perk will be offered.

I'm very, very impressed with their customer service department. They are extremely prompt with responses and actually give you the feeling that they're on your side. It's pretty refreshing

[quote name='auggie23']I contacted their customer service and it turns out that they're no longer offering the free rental credits for sharing games. He said that there's the possibility that it'll be offered again in the future, or possibly some other perk will be offered.

I'm very, very impressed with their customer service department. They are extremely prompt with responses and actually give you the feeling that they're on your side. It's pretty refreshing[/QUOTE]

Thanks for confirming. That's too bad, but I guess the day had to come. I'll just have to be thoughtful about shipping my games to them 4 or 5 at a time to make it more worth it.

Also, I'm also impressed with their customer service. Always a good sign when their staff are fast and helpful.

Just a few more days till earnings reports come in... I've sent in a few more games yet again so hopefully mo' money fo' me!

Also, one cool thing is that I discovered a glitch in the site programming and let customer service know about it. They were thankful for my help so they credited 3 bucks to my account! They also quickly fixed the problem. Great customer support at GameHuddle continues to impress.

[quote name='bugeeker']Just a few more days till earnings reports come in... I've sent in a few more games yet again so hopefully mo' money fo' me!

Also, one cool thing is that I discovered a glitch in the site programming and let customer service know about it. They were thankful for my help so they credited 3 bucks to my account! They also quickly fixed the problem. Great customer support at GameHuddle continues to impress.[/QUOTE]

Which glitch was it? I'm going to assume it was the one that let you share games that were on the Not Accepting part of your shelf (since I just tried it again and it won't work). Was wondering when someone would catch that.

[quote name='JediJames2']Which glitch was it? I'm going to assume it was the one that let you share games that were on the Not Accepting part of your shelf (since I just tried it again and it won't work). Was wondering when someone would catch that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the one. As much as I love a good glitch, when I'm essentially in a partnership with a website to make both of us money, I want it to be solid. If you let too many games flood in, nobody gets any worthwile earnings. On a possibly related note, my earnings were crap this month. Last month I made $45.70 off of 36 games. This month I gave em more games to get it up to 41 games, and I earned a measley $30.96! And two of the new games were Socom 4, and Killzone 3; you'd think they'd earn a bit more. They were submitted part way into the month, so maybe that affects in. Either way, hope things turn around next month or I may have harsh words with... well... I'll just rant about it angrily on the internet.

Partial months for your games are definitely pro-rated as far as earnings are concerned so expect more next month for those. My earnings were down slightly this month as well but I attribute that somewhat to summer and the fact that some people actually go outside instead of play games. Not me mind you... but some people do.

OK, what's going on, GameHuddle?? I now have 48 games lent out to GameHuddle, and my earnings for Septermber were... $2.94?!? Not $2.94 for one game, like I'd get previously, but $2.94 total! For 48 games!
Anyone else get totally crap earnings last month?

My only theory is that now that they've stopped giving out $5 thank-you rental credits when you share games, the amount of people actually paying money for rentals has dropped super drastically. I have a bad feeling that earnings will continue to be bad until their business really picks up. But all my initial thoughts were tainted by the artificial demand created by all that free rental credit floating around.

[quote name='arc_vii']any further updates on this service? :)[/QUOTE]

To answer your question on updates:

It's still a great site to rent games, their rates are super reasonable and their availability seems pretty good.
If you want to make money lending out your own games, however, profitability seems to have gone down the toilet lately. I'll be keeping my eye on things and maybe as word spreads and more people rent, profitability on the lending side will go up. So: tell your friends!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like they just sent out an e-mail about the very low September earnings:

Hey Everyone,
As we're sure many of you have noticed, there was a dramatic decrease in the amount of money everyone earned last month from their shared games. First off, we'd like to apologize for this. We've gotten a lot of backlash from you guys and just wanted to give you some insight as to why this happened and how we plan to remedy the situation.
In September, there was a pretty substantial drop-off in the number of games that were rented on GameHuddle. Just as a side note, it shouldn't come as much of a surprise that the most rented games on GameHuddle are the more recent and/or popular titles. Our speculation is that because we're nearing the holiday season, the big name titles are starting to rear their heads and the trends have moved more towards people purchasing these games, instead of looking to rent them. We also ran a promotion for a few months of giving 5 free days of renting anytime someone shared games with us. This promotion ended at the end of July. There is strong statistical evidence that suggests this also has much to do with the recent drop in the number of rentals. The life's blood of GameHuddle resides in two crucial parts that need to exist in harmonious fashion: great folks like you who share their games with us and the people on the other side of the fence who rent those games.
Unfortunately, we have little control over how many games are rented on GameHuddle. We provide a platform that gives you the ability to monetize the games you love without having to give up ownership of them. The best way to counteract the ebbs and flows of the online video game rental market is to keep striving to make our product the best it can possibly be. There are some big changes coming to GameHuddle in the coming weeks, with our main goal being to arm you with the tools necessary to promote your games in the best way possible, whether they be old or new; popular or unpopular. One of the main reasons we created this service was to help spread the word about, then be able to share with others all the hidden gems in your collection that get glossed over by mainstream gaming media, in lieu of coverage on the massive amount of AAA titles that are released in this day and age.
Finally, as your partners in this service, we can offer up one invaluable suggestion: help spread the word. The more people that know about and use GameHuddle, the more we all benefit.
Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for your support of GameHuddle up until this point and in times yet to come. Our service couldn't possibly exist without your generosity and support. And keep the feedback coming. We welcomely accept all forms of it, whether it be positive or negative. It's a priceless tool in helping us make GameHuddle the best possible product it can be. Thanks again!
Best,
The GameHuddle Team

[quote name='cingpinn']You don't need to 'share' your games in order to rent $1 per day right?[/QUOTE]

No, you don't need to share in order to rent. You just need a credit card I think. Sharing games is just a another way to earn some credits that you can use for renting.

I just found GameHuddle, and I was googling around to see if it was legit and worth it to send in my games that I'm not playing. Really pleased to find a thread on CAG ... even more pleased that it's pretty active and you guys have been giving really helpful feedback on the site.

Still, I had a couple questions that hopefully you can answer before I start sharing my games.

1) For the games that you requested back ... what condition did they come back in?

2) Someone mentioned in the thread that the PS3 games weren't doing well for rentals ... is that still the case? I've only got PS3/Wii games, wondering if it's even worth my while.

Thanks guys!

[quote name='JSD']
1) For the games that you requested back ... what condition did they come back in?

2) Someone mentioned in the thread that the PS3 games weren't doing well for rentals ... is that still the case? I've only got PS3/Wii games, wondering if it's even worth my while.
[/QUOTE]

1) I've requested some games back, with no issues. My guess is it will vary from getting back a disc better than the one you sent (since my guess is they pool their disc inventory and don't track your specific disc, though I could be wrong) to ending up with something scuffed up but working. GameHuddle guarantees that you'll get back your game in working condition, so if you don't just holler and they'll fix it for you. Their customer service is pretty lightning fast in my experience.

2) I wouldn't say PS3 makes less than 360, it really just depends on how many copies are available vs. how many people want them, so you never know. Changes month to month. As to if it's worth your while... well, as mentioned in prior posts the profits have sunk significantly lately. If you have new games they may be worth it, if not your profits might not balance out the cost of shipping. If you do trade, be sure to send all games in one shipment to minimize your shipping costs.

I'll go ahead an post my earnings again next month on the 7th or 8th once they're calculated.

Below are my sad, sad earnings for October. September was even worse, actually, so I guess this is some progress. I have put in bold those dear, sweet few games that DIDN'T earn zero.

Amped 3 Xbox 360 $0.00
Assassin's Creed II PlayStation 3 $0.00
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Xbox 360 $0.00
Bakugan: Battle Brawlers PlayStation 3 $0.00
Bayonetta Xbox 360 $0.00
BioShock & The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Bundle Xbox 360 $0.00
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII PlayStation 3 $0.00
Brutal Legend PlayStation 3 $0.00
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 PlayStation 3 $0.00
Chromehounds Xbox 360 $0.00
Crackdown 2 Xbox 360 $0.00
Crysis 2 PlayStation 3 $1.24
Darksiders Xbox 360 $0.00
Darksiders PlayStation 3 $0.00
Dead Space 2 Xbox 360 $1.24
Fallout: New Vegas PlayStation 3 $0.00
FIFA Soccer 10 Xbox 360 $0.00
Fight Night Round 3 Xbox 360 $0.00
Full Auto 2: Battlelines PlayStation 3 $0.00
God of War Collection PlayStation 3 $0.00
God of War Origins Collection PlayStation 3 $0.00
Hasbro Family Game Night (Retail Edition) Xbox 360 $0.00
Heavenly Sword PlayStation 3 $0.00
Heavy Rain PlayStation 3 $0.00
Homefront Xbox 360 $1.55
Katamari Forever PlayStation 3 $0.00
Killzone 3 PlayStation 3 $0.62
Kinect Adventures Xbox 360 $0.00
Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom Xbox 360 $0.00
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Xbox 360 $0.00
Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds Xbox 360 $0.31
MotorStorm PlayStation 3 $0.00
NCAA Football 09 Xbox 360 $0.00
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection PlayStation 3 $0.00
PlayStation Move Heroes PlayStation 3 $0.00
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction PlayStation 3 $0.00
Resistance: Fall of Man PlayStation 3 $0.00
SBK: Superbike World Championship PlayStation 3 $0.00
SEGA Superstars Tennis Xbox 360 $0.00
SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs PlayStation 3 $0.00
Soulcalibur IV PlayStation 3 $0.00
Split/Second Xbox 360 $0.00 Street Fighter IV Xbox 360 $0.00
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Game of the Year Edition) Xbox 360 $0.00
Tony Hawk's Project 8 Xbox 360 $0.00 Two Worlds II Xbox 360 $0.00
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom PlayStation 3 $0.00
WALL-E PlayStation 3 $0.00

Total for October 2011 $4.96

I also had a grand total of $0.00 for the month of October. Granted I only had 10 games in there, but I thought maybe I'll make at least $0.01 this time around :whistle2:#

Well, back in the good ol' days, the minimum any game got was 30 cents, so back then you'd have made a sweet $3.00. It was several months before any of my games only earned zero. Now, obviously, it's the norm.
It's too bad, but I assume it's just a matter of the company looking at their numbers and realizing they can't be giving out money for games that aren't getting rented.

Oh, and my November earnings were: $3.00. Down from last month, for my 41 games. Time to recall some back and sell 'em off!

Seems like they "dont like any" of my games anymore. Even if I add a newly released game to see what would happen, they dont want it. :cry:

Any updates on this service? I just discovered Gamehuddle and the a-la-carte rental service sounds really nice at $5 for the first 5 days and $0.40 for each day after that with no monthly fee. I found that I'd only rent one or two games per month with Gamefly so I was wasting money and had to cancel. However, the selection with Gamehuddle seems low.

The option to rent out your own games is cool but nobody has posted any earnings for this year yet. Is that part still worth it?

bread's done
Back