GamePolitics.com now has discussion forums

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
**CHEAPY APPROVED**

Hey guys, I'm a moderator in the newly-established forums over at www.gamepolitics.com. I know CheapyD has mentioned the site a few times at CAG, and I also know that a few of you visit the site regularly. So anyway, please stop by and register in our new forums.

Any suggestions or comments about the forums that you guys might have would be most welcome!

Thanks,
Organicow
(mediahostage, over at gamepolitics.com)

Sounds interesting, but I'm very hesitant. Not that I'm asking you to sell me on it, but I'd rather not be surrounded by Scrubkings. That is, people for whom ideological attachment and reaction trump any evidence to the contrary.

In other words, I'm leery of getting involved in political discussions on gaming because so many gamers *want* to remain oblivious of the very notion that games could possibly have a negative effect on them, which inevitably turns every attempt of my arguing "if games can have a positive effect on you, they can have negative ones as well" turns into a flame war by those who want to deny the very existence of stiumulus-response that facilitates the very reason they play games.

Oh, I suppose no need to rant here, and I guess I would like the hard sell, if you don't mind. ;)

Well, I'm not sure if I have the motivation for a "hard sell," but I can tell you this: because GamePolitics.com is only about the political aspect of gaming, there is really no other reason to go to the site. This means that there aren't a zillion 12 year old fanboys, there aren't a bunch of Quackzillas, PADs, or Scrubkings either. We - and most of our current members - promote active discussion rather than ranting and raving...the result is a handful of reasonable adults calmly discussing the various political implications of gaming.

That's all I've got - Love it or leave it!! ;)

[quote name='organicow']Well, I'm not sure if I have the motivation for a "hard sell," but I can tell you this: because GamePolitics.com is only about the political aspect of gaming, there is really no other reason to go to the site. This means that there aren't a zillion 12 year old fanboys, there aren't a bunch of Quackzillas, PADs, or Scrubkings either. We - and most of our current members - promote active discussion rather than ranting and raving...the result is a handful of reasonable adults calmly discussing the various political implications of gaming.

That's all I've got - Love it or leave it!! ;)[/QUOTE]

Although the site is interesting and informative gaming and politics should not mix. Just look at this site where the radical idiots on this board can't differentiate between what happens in the VS board and the rest of the site. They constantly take the arguments that go on in here into the rest of the board even going as far as following me around just to crap in my threads or reply negatively to a post I make.

Secondly, you are a F ucking idiot who is apparently blind to what goes on in this board and the real "fanboys" that are all on the liberal side of the fence. I post in here a couple times a month compared to the dozen radical anti-conservative threads made daily and yet I get singled out. How f ucking stupid are you?

[quote name='Scrubking']

I post in here a couple times a month compared to the dozen radical anti-conservative threads made daily and yet I get singled out. [/QUOTE]

To be fair you do post more than "a couple times a month."

[quote name='Scrubking']gaming and politics should not mix[/quote]

AND...

[quote name='scrubking']the real "fanboys" that are all on the liberal side of the fence. How f ucking stupid are you?[/QUOTE]

quot'd! :rofl:

bread's done
Back