Gamer Advisor Panel free stuff

smalien1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
I just got an unexpected package, it was from the Playstation Underground and included a nice cloth-type binder thing with paper, pages for 6 games and memory card slots, also had a pen. It also contained my GAP membership card, has anyone else gotten something like this?

I got some folder/cd wallet thing from them over a year ago. I pitched it.

I don't think what I received is the same thing as you just got though. I don't remember any memory card slots in the thing I received but there was a pen and paper and sleeves to hold some games.

[quote name='zewone']I'm pretty sure everyone in the GAP has got this. I know I did.[/quote]

Oh, I just vaugley remeber people bitchin about how they didn't get any free stuff via GAP, guess they just didn't wait long enough.

[quote name='smalien1'][quote name='zewone']I'm pretty sure everyone in the GAP has got this. I know I did.[/quote]

Oh, I just vaugley remeber people bitchin about how they didn't get any free stuff via GAP, guess they just didn't wait long enough.[/quote]

I think they were bitching about not getting in any betas. I know I only got in on the crappy Crash N Burn beta.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='smalien1'][quote name='zewone']I'm pretty sure everyone in the GAP has got this. I know I did.[/quote]

Oh, I just vaugley remeber people bitchin about how they didn't get any free stuff via GAP, guess they just didn't wait long enough.[/quote]

I think they were bitching about not getting in any betas. I know I only got in on the crappy Crash N Burn beta.[/quote]

Yeah, the same people tend to get into betas and not many new people get into them.

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']what's GAP? I thought you guys were talking about the clothing retailer...[/quote]

Its Sony's program where they get ideas from gamers by having them participate in betas and other crap.

Yeah, I also got the binder kit with the pen and other stuff when I joined a bit over 2 years ago. I loved the pen, wish they could send out more since mine's run out of ink finally. I also got a gray GAP baseball hat from one of their giveaways.

got it also... I dont use it for much except for some of my PS1 games that are missing cases due to friends loosing them... good little freebie for not doing much.

[quote name='GTmaster39']Anyone have pictures of all this shwag? I wanna see what I'm missing out on.[/quote]

This is what the Sony GAP sends as a welcome kit to new members:

front.jpg

Front of the binder

inside.jpg

Inside there's space to hold 3 memory cards, some paper to write with, and some disc pages to hold manuals and discs. Also a pen which is pretty nice.

Yeah, I just got my package from them as well. I was surprised I have a membership card. Too bad it's not really good for anything...

I got this GAP membership package like 2 years ago. It was free, so I won't bitch about it. I'm surprised that so many people didn't get in on the demos. All I usually do is check and make sure my info is up to date every few months and then they usually send me an e-mail invite. So far, I've gotten demos for:

Syphon Filter: Omega Strain
Socom II
Hot Shots Golf Fore
Crash and Burn

I also got the invite for RE: Outbreak, but by the time I replied, it was already full, so I missed out.

I got one too. I got into quite a few betas though. Resident Evil Outbreak, WWE Smackdown VS Raw, Monster Hunter, Socom II.... Not to mention all the catalogs and free demos (including the Viewtiful Joe 2 one that got me a free Sly 2). So yeah I think I got my money's worth. Wait ! I didn't pay anything , I just signed up for registering a network adapter that came with Twisted Metal Online! So yeah it's worth signing up.

I just randomly got my stuff today. I was pretty happy with it. What am I suppose to do with this plastic card with my PSU number on it?

I got this like 2 years ago, I also get in betas, as for the stuff, I sold it to ebgames, I got 7 bucks outta it.

I got that notebook case too. I liked it so much I bought a dozen more from Gamestop when they clearanced them for $1.99.

They're great for storing games, take up much less room, and are much more easily transported from house to house instead of bulky cases. If anybody doesn't want theirs, trade them to me !

[quote name='zewone']I'm pretty sure everyone in the GAP has got this. I know I did.[/quote]

I sure as hell didn't, and I've been a GAP memeber since the beginning :cry:

i got this like 2 years ago also..

i got a playstation watch also, but i'm thinking that i must've won a contest or something to get that... never worn the watch before though

i dont plan on getting rid of it though

I got the same CD case binder thing earlier this week. There was the paper and pretty cool pen, but strangely, it looked different from the binder pictured in this thread. There was no GAP membership card inside, either. :|

bread's done
Back