@Gamer Coupons (Dec. '12) - $25 off MP9, $20 off Dragon's Dogma, more [12/2-1/12/13]

Vigilante

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
Hey all, I just saw the new batch of @Gamer coupons thanks to my local BBY having the new issue out already (note that these are not active until Sunday):

-$25 off Mario Party 9 :)wii:)
-$20 off Dragon's Dogma :)ps3:/:360:)
-$15 off Gears of War 3 :)360:)
-$10 off Red Faction: Armageddon :)360: only)
-$15 off Toy Story Mania! :)ps3:/:360:) or Disney Princess: My Fairytale Adventure :)wii:/:3ds:)
-$10 off any pre-owned game $29.99 or more
-$50 off Warhead 7.1 Wireless Headset :)360:)
-$20 off PowerA Fus1on Tournament Controller :)360:)

Here's hoping Mario Party 9 and Dragon's Dogma goes on sale while these are active!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='panda911']I'm not trying to make GCU better. I don't know what you're trying to say there. I'm just pointing out when pms were possible. I guess the BL2 pm was ymmv if you had cs nazis. If they called TRU or checked the website, the price would show up as $50. As for Dishonored, it was absolutely on sale at GS for $40 the week of 12/9 both online and instore. That's when I pmed it. As for the preorder bonus dilemma, next time order online, that way you can split the order between free shipping (lamp) and instore pickup (game).[/QUOTE]
I was trying to find a polite way to tell you to stop trying to prove I'm "wrong" about price matches, without directly doing so. Now, I will directly do so. I am well aware that on 12/09 Dishonored was on sale at GS. That sale started exactly 61 days after I picked up my copy of the game.

I'll try this one more time. I (not you, not anyone else, I'm speaking JUST for me) was unable to get a pm on games with the $20 gift card promo. Because of this unless I can get some GCU deal between now and my renewal date, I'm going to cancel my subscription.

I don't want advice on how to get a better pm window, nor am I saying anything at all bad about the program. I am speaking solely about my own experiences, something that quite frankly nobody knows better than myself. The only reason I even posted the specific games was because someone asked me what they were.

[quote name='shadowkast']all purchases until 12/31 count, pending or not. then silver starts in February. i guess it gives them plenty of time to switch accounts and reset our points.[/QUOTE]

When do they reset the points again?

[quote name='GamerDude316']I'm wondering this too. bout 50 RZ points from a RZ cert...[/QUOTE]

They already reset the points. They were reset on the first. I only lost 17 points.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']When do they reset the points again?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Oboogie188']They already reset the points. They were reset on the first. I only lost 17 points.[/QUOTE]

Mine have not reset yet. When I checked my history, they were reset for me in February the last 2 years. So that may be when my calendar year starts.

[quote name='Esphyrian']Mine have not reset yet. When I checked my history, they were reset for me in February the last 2 years. So that may be when my calendar year starts.[/QUOTE]

calendar year starts jan 1st, thus the term "calender year"

jokes aside, from browsing the best buy forums, they could reset any time between now and the beginning of Feb

i am 6 points away from a $5 cert, or 274 pending more points to make it a $10. I hope they will post so i can cash them out before the reset. I already did a big cash out for a $25 cert and waiting to spend that in the next week or 2.

Dont know if i made silver again or not, but i doubt it.

Dammit, I hope they wait until the end of the month...I've got 144 points pending from Dec. 28. Also, I noticed that they took points back from PMing my Halo 4 LE...lame.

Do they reset your pending points as well? I only have 1 point right now, so losing that won't be a big deal. But I have 350 points pending that I'd really like to keep.

Found this on the FAQ's Section of rewardzone website:

When do points expire?
  • At the beginning of every calendar year, the points in your account (except for Reward Zone program Credit Card members, Reward Zone program MasterCard cardmembers and Premier Silver members) will be issued as reward certificates down to the $5 level, and any remaining points will be forfeited.
So I guess all Silver and Reward Zone credit card holders should be exempt.... Which doesn't make sence to me since I am a Silver member and lost my points on the Jan 1st. 17 points is not worth me spending an hour on the phone so I'll just take that loss I guess

[quote name='MetalSlugger']Dammit, I hope they wait until the end of the month...I've got 144 points pending from Dec. 28. Also, I noticed that they took points back from PMing my Halo 4 LE...lame.[/QUOTE]
That's weird, I actually get points for PMing.

[quote name='aircobra']Always people wanting to get things for free. The subscription is $15 and pays for itself within 2 months. Why would you think they would give out coupons for free?[/QUOTE]

It only pays for itself if you get coupons you want to use. I've been a member for over 8 months and there hasn't been a single coupon I want to use. The only coupons worth using have been for games I either already have or that I don't want.

[quote name='Greybeard']It only pays for itself if you get coupons you want to use. I've been a member for over 8 months and there hasn't been a single coupon I want to use. The only coupons worth using have been for games I either already have or that I don't want.[/QUOTE]
Not entirely true. 10% bonus on game trade-ins, 10% off pre-owned games, $20 RZ cert for pre-orders, etc, etc, etc. Of course, if you're not interested in any of that then I see your point.

[quote name='Greybeard']It only pays for itself if you get coupons you want to use. I've been a member for over 8 months and there hasn't been a single coupon I want to use. The only coupons worth using have been for games I either already have or that I don't want.[/QUOTE]
The 10% trade in will pay for the subscription, I would expect everyone here will trade at least $150 worth of games back to BBY during their promos every year. That's not counting the 10% off preowned games purchase, and other promos.

Plus, how are you not utilizing the $20 preorder promo?

[quote name='Deader2818']Can't you basically just pre-order every game, trade it in, break even, and have it all count toward silver status?[/QUOTE]

Kinda. The issue with this is your switching cash for BB credit. Most people use the credit to buy the next game, which would't count towards silver. Still a good deal though when you toss in price matches.

[quote name='Deader2818']Can't you basically just pre-order every game, trade it in, break even, and have it all count toward silver status?[/QUOTE]

As long as BBY continues with their great TIVs for new releases. ;)

Edit: ^That answer is much more complete.:)

[quote name='Kyden139']Kinda. The issue with this is your switching cash for BB credit. Most people use the credit to buy the next game, which would't count towards silver. Still a good deal though when you toss in price matches.[/QUOTE]

I am not sure if this happens to everyone but when I pay for a game with all trade credit and then later get a price match I end up getting the points for the price match price. So if I price match a game to $49.99 my Rewards show a purchase on the day I price matched for $49.99 and I get 98 points + it adds to my Silver Status.

[quote name='ITDEFX']off topic question......when am I suppose to get the magazine? I signed up in Nov and haven't got shit.[/QUOTE]

It usually takes 4-6 weeks.. and since they don;t always release a magazine every single month, you might have hit a longer period.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am not sure if this happens to everyone but when I pay for a game with all trade credit and then later get a price match I end up getting the points for the price match price. So if I price match a game to $49.99 my Rewards show a purchase on the day I price matched for $49.99 and I get 98 points + it adds to my Silver Status.[/QUOTE]
Yep. Just a little "perk" of not getting RZ points on the initial purchase.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am not sure if this happens to everyone but when I pay for a game with all trade credit and then later get a price match I end up getting the points for the price match price. So if I price match a game to $49.99 my Rewards show a purchase on the day I price matched for $49.99 and I get 98 points + it adds to my Silver Status.[/QUOTE]

I sometimes get that. I also sometimes get a -10.60 transaction posted after a price match (6% tax rate here). I know that shouldn't happen, but its not worth calling about and I figure I get enough other extra points to balance it out.

Yeah, I paid for Black Ops II with all gift cards and I only get the 1000 points for it but when I PMed for 39.99, I got 80+ points for it.

[quote name='TooPoor']The 10% trade in will pay for the subscription, I would expect everyone here will trade at least $150 worth of games back to BBY during their promos every year.[/QUOTE]

I believe you 'expect' inaccurately; some of us actually like to keep our games. Crazy, I know.

Personally, I recently joined for the $20 pre-order bonuses and even then if there weren't a wealth of great games coming out in the next few months, I wouldn't have joined at all.

[quote name='TooPoor']I would expect everyone here will trade at least $150 worth of games back to BBY during their promos every year.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Sanges99']I believe you 'expect' inaccurately; some of us actually like to keep our games. Crazy, I know.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. I hardly ever trade in my games. I bought the sub specifically for the coupons (which hasn't really panned out in recent months).
I will say I couldn't ignore the prior 100% bonus trade-in period, though. But outside of events like that, I don't consider trade-ins worth the effort.

I have all of the them for sale for a 1$ + stamp I can mail u one if anyone needs one

Some CAG were talking about points and pending points reseting at the end of the year. But it looks like I haven't lost anything. Does it only happen randomly, or am I missing some points?

[quote name='ITDEFX']off topic question......when am I suppose to get the magazine? I signed up in Nov and haven't got shit.[/QUOTE]

Did you specify that you wanted the physical magazine when you signed up? When I signed up, the clerk didn't even ask and I was registered for the digital version. I had to go to the BB Reward Zone website to change it.

[quote name='Zbornak']Did you specify that you wanted the physical magazine when you signed up? When I signed up, the clerk didn't even ask and I was registered for the digital version. I had to go to the BB Reward Zone website to change it.[/QUOTE]

Is there any way to check?

The last sentence said by Zbornak says they had to change it, so that should pretty much answer your question on checking.

most people know by now that best buy usually does do a point reset, but the actual time or date is a mystery. its typically done in january so if you have any points you can cash in, id do it as the cert is good for like 5 or 6 months.

[quote name='Sanges99']I believe you 'expect' inaccurately; some of us actually like to keep our games. Crazy, I know.

Personally, I recently joined for the $20 pre-order bonuses and even then if there weren't a wealth of great games coming out in the next few months, I wouldn't have joined at all.[/QUOTE]
Well, if you rarely trade in games I guess then this membership would benefit you as much as it does the rest of us.

Personally, I don't see why you don't do this. Since you can always trade in at high price and buy back for a much lower price in the future (except for rare titles of course). Meanwhile use the credit to pay for other games and keep the funds flowing. And some games are just not worth keeping, given limited physical space in your house.

Why is it so hard to get my welcome package E-mail everytime I call it's like talking to a 2 year old and they even hang up on me to :) / :whistle2:(

[quote name='starmask2k3']Why is it so hard to get my welcome package E-mail everytime I call it's like talking to a 2 year old and they even hang up on me to :) / :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

They don't email those... it's snail-mail only. And they aren't even that great, maybe one or two out of the 6 is decent.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']fucking every time I see this thread bumped, I hope one of the games had a price drop.[/QUOTE]

Me too, dragon dogma with a price drop would be amazing

bread's done
Back