Gamerang

prence

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So recently I signed up for a bunch of mail game rental services (Gamefly, GamezNFlix, Gamerang, and Gottaplay.) I had some free time between quitting my job and my upcoming move out of state so I figured why not play as many games as I can.

About 2 days after Turok was released I received it from Gamerang. I was impressed but when I opened the package Splinter Cell: Double Agent was inside of a sleeve that said Turok on it. I figured they just put the wrong game in the wrong sleeve so I marked the box on it that says 'Wrong game in sleeve' and put it back in my mailbox. I then went online and submitted a trouble ticket saying the same thing.

I had the account for 26 days or so and the only thing they shipped me was that and The Bigs. The other 10 games in my queue were all apparently on other peoples lists as well (aka they don't have close to enough stock to satisfy their renters.) This coupled with the sending of the wrong game made me decide 18 dollars a month to play 1 game wasn't worth it so as soon as I put the mailer in my mailbox, I canceled the account.

Today I get the mailer back with a handwritten sticky note saying "We rec'd personal game inside Turok sleeve. Each of our games sent out & Returned are double checked before they are mailed to our customers. Quality control is a must. Please return Turok or your disabled acct will be charged. Thank you."

First off.. a sticky note? Seriously? They are threatening to charge my account over a game I never received with a sticky note?

Secondly, if "wrong game in sleeve" is a support option on their website AND on the game sleeve itself then things obviously aren't double checked. It must have happened before or they wouldn't have those options available.

So my course of action from here is probably going to be to write a scathing e-mail that looks and sounds exactly like this thread and/or to call their support number and talk to someone there.

Anyone got any advice on how to deal with this?

I would call them cause for them to say that there is no way that they sent the wrong game out is stupid. They send out tons of games every day all over there is bound to be shipping mistakes.

Wow that blows man :(.
Well take it with a grain of salt and just reiterate to customer support the steps you took as explained here in this thread.

Sounds like a mom and pop shop they way they sent you a sticky note :/.

Sorry to hear your terrible experience.

I'll stay away and stick with gamefly I guess..

I've tried to get ahold of them but check out these phone support hours: 10am-2pm M-F PST

Awesome. I have a 4 hour PST window to try and get ahold of someone. E-mail it is.

[quote name='prence']I've tried to get ahold of them but check out these phone support hours: 10am-2pm M-F PST

Awesome. I have a 4 hour PST window to try and get ahold of someone. E-mail it is.[/quote]

Why can't you call? Strict job policies that prevent you from taking a break during those times or something (Not trying to be funny, just asking)?

I tried calling twice on my lunch break and got voicemail. The majority of their phone support hours are during my work 'crunch time' when I can't usually get away from the office for a phone break. It just seems kind of ridiculous that they only have 4 hours of phone support availability.

I received an e-mail response from Gamerang today.
Dear Michael,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the mishap. This is not standard
practice for Gamerang and I assure you that it is and will be an isolated
incident. I completely understand your dismay particularly in light of the
fact that you had filed an issue about receiving the wrong game in Turok's
sleeve.

As for the game that was sent back to you, I would appreciate it if you send
it back at your convenience.

Sincerely,

Lili Ferrari
Gamerang, Inc.

As angry as this whole situation made me, I'm impressed that they actually had someone get back to me with a solid response and I didn't need to go the route of threatening to have my bank dispute the charges, etc. I still don't think I'd rent from them again but thats just my own opinion.

Done ranting. Back to looking for video game deals!

bread's done
Back