Gamersgate: Civ IV complete $16

[quote name='drktrpr1']Whoa sweet, been looking to pick this up for > $20, nice find.[/QUOTE]

This is obviously not the deal for you then. :D

Your third grade math teacher would be so disappointed.

On a more serious note, I have all these games but not sure I can find all the discs, I was just thinking of going on another CIV kick the other day, so I may bite.

I'm not a regular downloader of games on PC.. Can someone tell me what the DRM is like on these? I shouldn't have any problem installing it on both of my computers, should I?

Its a download and it says there is SecuRom on it. Don't know if you will work or not, but considering it is a download i would think it would work fine...

[quote name='drktrpr1']Whoa sweet, been looking to pick this up for > $20, nice find.[/QUOTE]

Remember, the alligator likes to eat the number that it wants less of... =P

CIV IV is seriously the reason why productivity has dropped in America. Prepare to have no lives if you download this game. =)

[quote name='nikkai']Remember, the alligator likes to eat the number that it wants less of... =P
[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty confusing way of remembering it, its better to just think that the alligator always eats the larger number.

What he did was a common mistake when only using the symbol next to one value, since some people learned it a rigid way and only put the larger number on one side. If he'd put $16 on the other side of the alligator he'd have realized it made no sense.

Yes, I've used it before. My one complaint was that the download speeds were painfully slow (I'd say 50kb? Certainly not the 100s of KB I'm used to from Steam), but is the site legit? Certainly.

Also, one mod you might want to check out for Civ IV is Fall from Heaven 2.

[quote name='palejackal']Yes, I've used it before. My one complaint was that the download speeds were painfully slow (I'd say 50kb? Certainly not the 100s of KB I'm used to from Steam), but is the site legit? Certainly.

Also, one mod you might want to check out for Civ IV is Fall from Heaven 2.[/QUOTE]

There are a ton of mods worth checking out for CIV IV, many of which are included in the expansions. FFH2 is definitely a good one.

Anybody tried getting this yet and know if it has Colonization or not?

The description on the page says "Civilization IV: The Complete Edition includes the original strategy classic, plus all two expansion packs and the standalone game Colonization in one box, for an incredible value."

But then it goes on to describe only Civ4 + the two expansions. The box photo looks like the old non-Colonization "Complete" edition too.

So did they forget to update everything except the first paragraph of the description when adding Colonization, or did somebody just copy-and-paste a description from the newer release when setting this up?

I was going to buy this but every method I try to use it just poops upon, I'm guessing they don't do Discover card whatsoever. I don't see how it would matter thru paypal but Oh well.

I just sent their customer support a question on why Colonization isn't included when it clearly states in the ad (as bitter quotes) that it includes colonization. I'm a little peeved about that.

this is really tempting since ive been wanting to try out civ 4 at a low price. but i think im gonna have to pass since i dont have a laptop cooler and my backlog of games is already big enough.

[quote name='vherub']Bumping because Colonization is included in this edition, Gamersgate has updated the Complete Edition.[/QUOTE]

How can we confirm the Colonization inclusion? It's not in the description, so there is no guarantee of that.

[quote name='bvharris']That's a pretty confusing way of remembering it, its better to just think that the alligator always eats the larger number.

What he did was a common mistake when only using the symbol next to one value, since some people learned it a rigid way and only put the larger number on one side. If he'd put $16 on the other side of the alligator he'd have realized it made no sense.[/QUOTE]
I find the alligator analogy to be confusing. best way to remember it is < looks kinda like L as in less than.

I am so easily confused...

I bought Civ IV right before my XP computer bit the dust. I tried installing it on Vista but there were compatibility issues. The game worked... Sort of...
I searched, but it seems that Firaxis never released a Vista patch.

Now the complete version is in a "Games for Windows" box which allegedly means that it works on Vista. Does anyone know if this is true? I would buy the complete version, thereby buying the same game twice, just so I could play Civ IV again.

Any advice would be appreciated.

-V-

I bought it and dont see colonization anywhere =/

Which pisses me off because thats really what I wanted to play.

send gamersgate support an email, they might have run out of colonization key codes over the weekend.

deal is dead

bread's done
Back