Gamersgate: King's Bounty $9.99; Just Cause $9.99

I haven't heard too much about UaW, but what I have has been pretty good. If you don't go in expecting Starcraft or Supreme Commander, you should enjoy yourself.

Gah, thought this a thread on buying King's Bounty for $10, not for leasing bits. Anyone know a good place to buy it?

Universe at War is a pretty nice RTS, I paid $10 for it and I feel that it's worth it. Something about it just feels clunky for some reason (especially the Masari units), but it has some nice gameplay concepts and the 3 sides are quite varied. It plays differently from most modern RTS games, so even if you've played them all to death you should still find UaW to have some unique concepts.

King's Bounty is worth every penny. I paid $39.99 for retail version and it was worth it. One of the best games of last year, seriously. Expansion is coming soo as well...

How is Gamersgate? Is the general consensus here that it's as good as something like GOG.com or Stardock's Impulse? I wouldn't compare it to Steam, that's just too high a standard...

[quote name='Gamelore']Gah, thought this a thread on buying King's Bounty for $10, not for leasing bits. Anyone know a good place to buy it?[/quote]
o_O This is for buying the game, only difference AFAIK is it's downloaded entirely to your HDD, not installed from a DVD. Unless there's some fishy DRM with this particular game, once you buy it, it's yours.

[quote name='JazzFlight']How is Gamersgate? Is the general consensus here that it's as good as something like GOG.com or Stardock's Impulse? I wouldn't compare it to Steam, that's just too high a standard...[/quote]
Not quite preferable to Steam, but I have one game from Gamersgate and it works just fine, no problems, and there's no client needed to play. I will say though, recently I tried emailing their support to find out if a game had SecuROM bundled with it(Gamersgate doesn't appear to list this one way or the other..), and it took them probably 4 days to get back to me. So that may be a downer as far as their customer service goes.

Wow - they don't even use https when you register on their site. That's pretty bad. You're seind your name and chosen password along with all your address information in plain text over the internet.

They are lucky I really want King's Bounty.

I had a blast with king's bounty, that it wasn't homm was odd at first, but within an hour it felt natural to play and by 2 hours, I was addicted. The endgame can get slightly tedious, though.

hey not bad, i might go for UaW. Cool to see they are doing weekend deals a la Steam. Is that King's Bounty price permanent or is that also a limited-time deal?

[quote name='themothman421']hey not bad, i might go for UaW. Cool to see they are doing weekend deals a la Steam. Is that King's Bounty price permanent or is that also a limited-time deal?[/quote]

It's also a weekend deal. Edited the OP for clarification.

I think King's Bounty was 19.95 at GoGamer one Madness sale awhile ago.

I'd like to grab a physical copy just to have than digital bits.

but this is a great price!

King's bounty back at $9.99 (universe at war not on sale)
though if you have held off this long, it might be worth waiting for whatever package the expansion Armoured Princess offers- no release date in the us yet

Edit: I've had no problems beating the game on vista 64

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fake larry']I downloaded it from there and it runs fine on Vista 32 (can't speak for 64)[/QUOTE]

Same here. Great game, definitely worth $10.

bread's done
Back