Gamersgate (pc) 1c company sale

vherub

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok is it just me but 90% of these games I have never heard of? Some interesting looking stuff, but its like its doe4snt exist except on that site.

I think ill buy cryostasis and Necrovision.

For 19.50 both I can't go wrong with from Mediocre Fps's.

Does anyone know if they work with vista 64 bit? It uses a downloaded like gametap and they don't work with vista 64 bit.

Cool sale. I'm working my way through Cryostasis now. I like how its slow-paced and minimalist and atmospheric in a way that no big-budget FPS would dare be nowadays. I'm several hours into the game and I still don't have a gun. And I haven't even fought all that many enemies. But, man is it atmospheric. I recently played a section where I'm put into one of those big metal diving suits and I have to sloooowly shamble forward into murky water while enemies flit in and out of view. It's a ballsy sequence that could have easily been boring and frustrating but turned out (for me at least) to be totally nervewracking. Your mileage (and patience) may vary, of course.

[quote name='clok1966']Ok is it just me but 90% of these games I have never heard of? Some interesting looking stuff, but its like its doe4snt exist except on that site.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, any time Gamersgate or Impulse have sales, it's for stuff I've never heard of.

[quote name='s2k']Does anyone know if they work with vista 64 bit? It uses a downloaded like gametap and they don't work with vista 64 bit.[/QUOTE]

I've only purchased King's Bounty from them, but it works fine for me in Vista x64.

The downloader itself works fine in x64, so from that point on it's going to be up to the game.

[quote name='jezz.torrent']Cool sale. I'm working my way through Cryostasis now. I like how its slow-paced and minimalist and atmospheric in a way that no big-budget FPS would dare be nowadays. I'm several hours into the game and I still don't have a gun. And I haven't even fought all that many enemies. But, man is it atmospheric. I recently played a section where I'm put into one of those big metal diving suits and I have to sloooowly shamble forward into murky water while enemies flit in and out of view. It's a ballsy sequence that could have easily been boring and frustrating but turned out (for me at least) to be totally nervewracking. Your mileage (and patience) may vary, of course.[/QUOTE]

Im downloading this game now for 12 bucks because of what you said.Sounds like my kinda FPS.

Cryostasis isn't too bad. The performance is poor and it has a few quirks, but worth playing through once for an interesting adventure/horror game if you enjoy those kind of games. $12 for a runthrough wouldn't be bad at all.

And even though the gameplay in them is completely different, the similarities between Cryostasis and Penumbra are almost eerie. Both are first person horror/puzzle/adventure games made by small developers from countries not commonly associated with producing games, both have unique gameplay elements that you don't see even in big-budget games, hell even the box art is pretty similar:
http://img0.bloggum.com/upload/lib/img/7218/o/r_pai5brr7mnuilgcmt83u.jpg
http://www.tehnopol.ro/UserFiles/article/PENUMBRA Overture_Episode One_05081612.jpg

I read in another thread here that the "Paynova" system they use for paying with credit card might be treated as a cash advance by your credit card company, and thus subject to extra fees. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']AM I the only one having problems checking out. Trying to pay by credic card but keep getting an error.[/QUOTE]

Their credit card service is awful, just link it to a paypal and buy it with that.

[quote name='Sentinel']I read in another thread here that the "Paynova" system they use for paying with credit card might be treated as a cash advance by your credit card company, and thus subject to extra fees. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I can't speak for this service, but I get an extra "international service charge" when I buy stuff on GOG.com

King's Bounty looks fun, though I really wish I could just buy it off Steam for the same price. Maybe I'll try out Gamersgate, though I read that King's Bounty has SecuRom, so I'm a bit reluctant to give it a try.

[quote name='Edge']Cryostasis isn't too bad. The performance is poor and it has a few quirks, but worth playing through once for an interesting adventure/horror game if you enjoy those kind of games. $12 for a runthrough wouldn't be bad at all.

And even though the gameplay in them is completely different, the similarities between Cryostasis and Penumbra are almost eerie. Both are first person horror/puzzle/adventure games made by small developers from countries not commonly associated with producing games, both have unique gameplay elements that you don't see even in big-budget games, hell even the box art is pretty similar:
http://img0.bloggum.com/upload/lib/img/7218/o/r_pai5brr7mnuilgcmt83u.jpg
http://www.tehnopol.ro/UserFiles/article/PENUMBRA%20Overture_Episode%20One_05081612.jpg[/QUOTE]

Im so happy you posted this im going to get the Penumbra triolgy because I love fps to death and like to play a non run and gun one every now and then.

I downloaded cryostasis and when i tried to launch it it told me nvidia physX dll was not found reinstall so i unstalled it and then saw they had a patch for physX on the website so I need to install it again and then apply the patch. BTW i was reading the FAQ and it said the some games do have securROM but that they can easily reset it for you so you can instal;l the game as many times as you want and here is the proof.

http://www.gamersgate.com/info/faq

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the service charge when I bought something a few months ago. I used a visa card with the paynova thing. I forget what other options there were, but perhaps paypal would be better to use.

I read in another thread here that the "Paynova" system they use for paying with credit card might be treated as a cash advance by your credit card company, and thus subject to extra fees. Can anyone confirm? Thanks.

King's Bounty is damned fun. Same developers as Space Rangers 2 (different name though).

I'm probably going to pick up Men of War, after having enjoyed the demo.

I would do Cryostasis Necrovision bundle, but I don't have Vista, and am not about to switch any time soon.

bread's done
Back