GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enhanced Steam is awesome.  I was watching the Puddle gameplay vid on Steam and it already was updated telling me the lowest price ever was $2.25 on GG.

Game looks interesting, just not sure if I'll just wait for 75% off on Steam. 

I can't believe that Puddle hasn't been in a bundle yet. Might be the time to buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. GG has a warning when you go to buy it that it is only compatible with MacOS but I know Gods & Kings was cross-compatible (a lot of people bought from some Mac store sale).
Wondering the same thing here. Not that I would buy and play it, but it is the best price yet. Warning is concerning though. Someone take the dive...lol

FWIW I got Brave New World during the Steam sale for $20-ish. (yeah yeah I know, my CAG card is revoked) It adds a lot to the game if you are more into non-combat styles of play, though much of that is in the later portions of the game and you may not notice it so much early on.

Still, it fleshes the game out quite a bit more and I would definitely recommend it if you're really into Civ V, though I am sure most people here will probably wait for 75% off or cheaper. 

Geez I love these GG price mistakes.  Did they just occur?  That's weird that the price would flip in the middle of the day when their dailies flip at 2am Central.  

Maybe I should keep refreshing the gunslinger page every day to see if that game ever gets a price mistake :)

I was once randomly checking GG's discount page and caught an error for Dragon Age 2.  I think they might just do various "minor" sales that aren't the dailies throughout the day and occasionally dork something up.  Having to do it on both the USD and UK sides only increases the chance for error.

Of course, I'm not 100% that the BNW sale is an error.  The first really good sales I saw on G&K were nominally for the Mac version.  That's a sample size of one game though so it could just be coincidence that it was a Mac version both times.

I was just thinking earlier today that GG ran a whole big Summer Sale without a single price mistake. I was almost proud of them.  :dunce:

Not to salt the wounds but just to let folks know: BNW (Mac) activated just fine and simply says "Sid Meiers Civilization V: Brave New World" under my DLC tab.

So it is indeed like G&K and either version will work should you find it on sale.

Wondering the same thing here. Not that I would buy and play it, but it is the best price yet. Warning is concerning though. Someone take the dive...lol
It's fine, if it's steam it will activate w/steamplay. Where you run into gotchas is were a third party did the port and didn't put it on steam. (it was common back in retail.. Blizzard bucked the trend and shipped a combo PC/Mac box at retail.)

I was once randomly checking GG's discount page and caught an error for Dragon Age 2. I think they might just do various "minor" sales that aren't the dailies throughout the day and occasionally dork something up. Having to do it on both the USD and UK sides only increases the chance for error.

Of course, I'm not 100% that the BNW sale is an error. The first really good sales I saw on G&K were nominally for the Mac version. That's a sample size of one game though so it could just be coincidence that it was a Mac version both times.
They are having weekly sales during summer.. I snagged NK Pro as a weekly on the first week, and I'm still deciding on WRC3 from the second week.

I was just thinking earlier today that GG ran a whole big Summer Sale without a single price mistake. I was almost proud of them. :dunce:
3rd & 4th iirc. Trying to remember the first one (but iirc, everycag should have it), second one was some little indie game for ~$0.50 that we all just got in some bundle.

Resident Evil 6 is about $8.22 on GG UK after 20% off discount.

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-RE6/resident-evil-6

Probably the best deal we'll see on it for a while. And before anyone asks.. yes, it's a price mistake.
You are right it is a mistake. For a while, the base price of the game was listed in white as 19.99$ on the US site and 9.99 on the UK site.(Which was how I got it for 12$ a few weeks ago)

Saints Row The Third for $2 (one CAG didn't have it, at least!).
^_^ I was thinking to myself, SR3? nah, couldn't be *that* obvious (since _everyone_ has it), I'm sure that CAG was just wasn't him/her self atm, maybe inebriated, tripping, or in a different personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back