GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-RLEGACY/rogue-legacy

Daily - Rogue Leagcy $7.50 (50%) DRM Free

just curious would this be best price ever w/Beth discount?
Cheapest it's been on Steam is $8.99 (-40%), so that would be a pretty nice discount. It's a fun game, definitely worth what I payed for it, but know it's very very difficult at least for the first several hours. I really need to get back to it actually...

And once again, it's a game that was in all likelihood supposed to be Humbled by now. Seems I can't win on this :oldman:
When could we ever win recently w/ GamersGate sales? ;)

Seriously - they ain't as good as they used to be, on price-cuts, slashing, and sales.

Namely, I'm referring to BEFORE the "oops" 20% off fiasco.

Only time they're actually good sometimes of late - those damn glitches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why won't you be Humble Bundle'd already? I feel like the devs are watching this forum waiting for me to bite until they put it in a bundle, as I come very close to doing every time it's on sale :bomb:
I'm friends with the Black Forest Games PR guy and I asked him this very question and he told me they have no intention of doing a humble bundle any time soon.

On a completely related note I have a Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams + Owlverlord steam key for $7 if anyone wants it.

Where is my -75% sale?

/entitled CAG rant :oldman:

If anyone's thinking of picking this up, just know you can get it for $2.49 cheaper at GMG after the -25% voucher.
75% off sale is not here - Damn, GG.

#EntitledCAGRant

I'm not really interested in this game or anything, though...

{shoulder shrug}

I kinda really want to buy Van Helsing...but...but, it's not at 75% off and I don't have the 20% off discount either.  I'm guessing Steam will have it on sale for Halloween or the Winter Holiday Sale, but I'm not confident it will reach 75% off then either.  Damn their recent 66%-70% off trend. Oh, what to do...

I kinda really want to buy Van Helsing...but...but, it's not at 75% off and I don't have the 20% off discount either. I'm guessing Steam will have it on sale for Halloween or the Winter Holiday Sale, but I'm not confident it will reach 75% off then either. Damn their recent 66%-70% off trend. Oh, what to do...
It'll crash pretty fast. Same devs that did the King Arthur games which were routinely put up for crazy 80% discounts on Steam.

And it's still $7.49 :bs:

For $5 or less I'd have been tempted, but that price is an easy pass after the underwhelming demo.

The game is good. $5 good xD

Realms of Arkania: Blades of Destiny $5

Deal I haven't seen mentioned yet and is a Steam key. I remember Motoki hated this game when it first game out as an early access release. It got a 13 on metacritic but apparently has been patched a ton. Anyone else play this before?

I too want to know if it got better with patches...

I too want to know if it got better with patches...
I just spent some time reading the Steam forums. It looks like the consensus is that the devs are working to have a finished game within a month or so and have released a couple of patches within the last few weeks, but the game is still incomplete and very buggy. If you're planning to backlog it and enjoy RPGs, it's probably worth the sale price. Depending on what bundle news we get this week, I may do so.

I just spent some time reading the Steam forums. It looks like the consensus is that the devs are working to have a finished game within a month or so and have released a couple of patches within the last few weeks, but the game is still incomplete and very buggy. If you're planning to backlog it and enjoy RPGs, it's probably worth the sale price. Depending on what bundle news we get this week, I may do so.

I'll wait and see how it ends. I love RoA series (old ones)

Some other random sales:

75% off Sniper Elite Complete Collection Bundle - $14.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Sniper Elite - Berlin 1945 (DRM Free)
  • Sniper Elite V2 (Steam)
  • Sniper Elite V2 - Kill Hitler Pack (Steam)
  • Sniper Elite V2 - The Neudorf Outpost Pack (Steam)
  • Sniper Elite V2 The Landwehr Canal Pack DLC (Steam)
  • Sniper Elite V2 Original Game Soundtrack
[/customspoiler]
75% off Ultimate Mystery & Adventure Collection Bundle (DRM Free) - $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Art of Murder - Cards of Destiny
  • Art of Murder - FBI Confidential
  • Art of Murder - Hunt for the Puppeteer
  • Chronicles of Mystery The Tree of Life
  • Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual
[/customspoiler]
75% off Redneck Kentucky (DRM Free) - $2.49
75% off The Chickenator (DRM Free) - $1.25
75% off Beauty Factory (DRM Free) - $1.25
75% off Project Freedom (DRM Free) - $0.75

I'm actually considering that mystery bundle since I've been on an adventure kick lately.

75% off Ultimate Mystery & Adventure Collection Bundle (DRM Free) - $9.99 [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Art of Murder - Cards of Destiny
  • Art of Murder - FBI Confidential
  • Art of Murder - Hunt for the Puppeteer
  • Chronicles of Mystery The Tree of Life
  • Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual

I'm actually considering that mystery bundle since I've been on an adventure kick lately.
Those adventures, which I have been interested in before - i.e. namely Art of Murder games - look like such old-school style point-and-click adventures like Microids stuff (i.e. Syberia series; Post Mortem; Still Life series, etc).

Has anybody here actually played these around here?

All of these ain't been on sale at a price like this before, separately or together - looking at IsThereAnyDeal, of course.

Also 75% off the entire pack and all are DRM-FREE....looks like w/ the amount of games there & content here, could worth a shot.

EDIT:

Hmmm, AOM: Hunt for the Pup has a Demo on their website - gonna check it out.

Also 75% off the entire pack and all are DRM-FREE....looks like w/ the amount of games there & content here, could worth a shot.
Yeah, this is my thought as well. It's the fact that they're all DRM Free that is kinda luring me in. None of that one or two games with "Other DRM". I've never played any of these titles before, but I do like P&C type adventures and they're something I can throw on my (non-gaming) laptop as well.

Yeah, this is my thought as well. It's the fact that they're all DRM Free that is kinda luring me in. None of that one or two games with "Other DRM". I've never played any of these titles before, but I do like P&C type adventures and they're something I can throw on my (non-gaming) laptop as well.
I've been playing that Art of Murder: Hunt of the Pup Demo #2 from their website. This feels like something right out of old-school adventure gaming of Microids - getting items in the world for Inventory; combining items to get a better item; give item to NPC to advance the story so you can go to next area; repeat process.

Interesting enough, if you don't like pixel-hunting or you can't seem to find what you need or where you might need to be - hit the "?" in the lower right hand corner: it shows you all the hot-spots for interacting, where you can go w/in the area & and where are the next areas you can move to.

At least in this area in Havana, the puzzles have felt very logical.

I'm liking this Demo - might have to buy this big collection. Must go play Demo more.

EDIT:

Finished Demo #2 for Art of Murder: Hunt. Anyways, there's one puzzle in that demo that is somewhat illogical - where the old adventure-gaming trick to keep combining objects and using objects pretty much were my only solution to get it done. But, I got it done, none-the-less. Part of it makes sense, part of it just doesn't.

EDIT 2:

And, bought the big Ultimate Mystery & Adventure Pack and downloading them. :D

Can anyone vouch for this? It hasn't been on my radar, but I recall hearing mixed things and some people liking it a lot.
I like the idea behind the story and the gameplay, but the single player campaign was meh. I finished it because...OCD. However, what little I played of the co-op stuff (solo) and have watched on youtube is the selling point IMO. There's more customization in your loadout that makes the co-op portion feel like what the SP experience should have been. For the price, I'd say it's a worthwhile purchase. One note, even J.J. Abrams uses less bloom and lens flare in his visuals. There's mods/tweaks to circumvent it, but I just wound up living with it.

I like the idea behind the story and the gameplay, but the single player campaign was meh. I finished it because...OCD. However, what little I played of the co-op stuff (solo) and have watched on youtube is the selling point IMO. There's more customization in your loadout that makes the co-op portion feel like what the SP experience should have been. For the price, I'd say it's a worthwhile purchase. One note, even J.J. Abrams uses less bloom and lens flare in his visuals. There's mods/tweaks to circumvent it, but I just wound up living with it.
Yeah, I've been tempted to buy it for the co-op but can't find a co-op partner for it.. I made 2 pending orders just in case I find someone though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back