GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep...if you like adventure games, they're on GOG. i recommend them highly.
Nice!

Yeah, I like adventures - there ain't enough of them "pure" & traditional type of adventure games being made these day & ages, anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
pboring  boring sale i invite mns to this party bc it boring then mysterd drm talk that is so sad sale sucks worst than mysterd drm talk and that baaaaaaddddddddd neeeeeews bearsssssssssss

I am not sure.

Knowing me - if I do decide to get it, it'll be impulsive and in the last (few) hour.
i personally think you should get it

otherwise you'll have to torture yourself deciding what to do everytime it hits five bucks

do it

do it

do it

do it

do it.

do it

I've never played any of those, so these games are apparently worth it for $4 (with 20% discount)?
If you like that style then its well worth it. The graphics age well for what they are and a good story is a good story. Baldur's Gate 2 and Planescape are to this day considered by many to be the pinnacle of that game style (along with the early Fallouts). If you've never played one of them its hard to say whether you'll like it or not. But its a heck of a price to get in on if you do find you like them.

I've never played any of those, so these games are apparently worth it for $4 (with 20% discount)?
Do you like them old-school strategic-style party-based RPG's?

Namely - if you loved Dragon Age: Origins, you do owe it to yourself to play these; especially the BG games.

BioWare developed the Baldur's Gate series.

BG1 + BG2: SoA are arguably some of the best cRPG's ever made. They take place in a traditional RPG setting.

BG2: Throne of Bhaal is one of the best cRPG expansions ever made, IMHO.

These games are LONG - if you have at least 50 hours to spare for each piece here, ummm....yeah, prepare for your life to be taken away. These games can certainly go on for MUCH-MUCH more hours than that, if you include side-stuff.

If you loved Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer (expansion), then you absolutely owe it to yourself to play Planescape: Torment.

Planescape: Torment is arguably the best written cRPG ever made. This game takes a lot of tropes, cliches, and other things that annoyed the hell out of Chris Avellone (who is now w/ Obsidian) over the years - and spins that on their head purposely. Black Isle developed this. The universe is very off-kilter, odd, weird, and much different than most D&D universes, by being set in the unorthodox Planescape Universe. The prose in this game is exceptional - and puts pretty almost every other game ever made to shame. If you like descriptive, wordy, and deep narrative-driven RPG's w/ tons of decision-making involved w/ numerous outcomes - this is the game for you. While the combat is fine & good here - the strategic-combat is nowhere as great, as epic, and as grand as what the BG series does. You're playing this game for the story, the characters, the dialogue, the prose, the voice-acting, and the tons of moral decisions you will have to make.

I did like Icewind Dale, but never finished it. While BG's are much more character-driven - b/c they have preset characters, you make decisions about them, and they do banter and talk to you about things - you basically create your entire party from scratch in IWD. In IWD, they really don't banter w/ you or anything of that sort. This is a more combat-driven focused game than the BG series. It is also narrative-driven, too - since this is a Black Isle game. They've always specialized in that.

I can't speak on Icewind Dale 2 - while I do have it, never touched it. Again, this is another game from Black Isle.

I barely touched Temple of Elemental Evil - so, not gonna be worth me speaking much on that, as well. But like IWD - TOEE is another game where you can create your party from scratch. Though, TOEE is actually turn-based entirely - while BG series, IWD series; and PST work in a real-time combat style. Troika (RIP) developed TOEE - and if you're going to play anything by them (Arcanum, Vampire: Bloodlines), then you need to know this: you'll want to play their games patched-up officially w/ their final patch...and then toss some mods in for good measure, too. Their games always have insane, ridiculous scope and often wind-up buggy-as-sin upon release b/c of this. Even after some patches, they STILL might have issues galore. Circle of 8 is the popular mod that players use for playing ToEE.

have you ever played Dragon Age Origins? They're a lot like that in terms of combat

And yes, absolutely worth it. All of the games are reportedly decent, and Baldur's Gate 1/2 and Planescape are amongst the most influential and best RPG's, even games, of all time. To play Temple of Elemental Evil you will need circle of eight (I think that's what it's called) mod - it's buggy as hell, my copy wouldn't even get past the load screen. The mod fixes that. Four dollars for this pack is a steal.

have you ever played Dragon Age Origins? They're a lot like that in terms of combat

And yes, absolutely worth it. All of the games are reportedly decent, and Baldur's Gate 1/2 and Planescape are amongst the most influential and best RPG's, even games, of all time. To play Temple of Elemental Evil you will need circle of eight (I think that's what it's called) mod - it's buggy as hell, my copy wouldn't even get past the load screen. The mod fixes that. Four dollars for this pack is a steal.
/LIKE /LIKE /MAJOR LIKE

$4 for 20%'ers or $5 for normal payers - yeah, this pack's a bloody steal. It's a crime even for it to be this cheap.

If you love Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate and/or Neverwinter Nights 2 + its expansions, you're going to at least find something in this HUGE pack that speaks to you.

Most of these base-games, they're at least 40-50 hours long; they can be longer on some games, if you also do side-quests. BG series can go for 100's of hours, if you truly keep playing and wanting to do things.

Hell, the BG2: ToB expansion is 50-hours minimum - and it's a freaking expansion pack!

I haven't even talked about the mods that are out there for these games. BG games and PST have been modded, for sure - from resolution mods; to game content mods; to content restoring mods (especially for PST). Yeah, there's A LOT of content and value in these games.

Well, I did it and caved-in - bought D&D Anthology Master Collection w/ most of my Blue Coins that I've built-up over the years...

Well, I did it and caved-in - bought D&D Anthology Master Collection w/ most of my Blue Coins that I've built-up over the years...
no surprise you bought it. the real question is when or if you will actually play it or just backlog for the memories

no surprise you bought it. the real question is when or if you will actually play it or just backlog for the memories
Yeah - when's the real question here for me.

There are games I barely touched (TOEE); never finished (IWD); never even touched (IWD: HoW + IWD2), and never owned (BG1: ToTSC). Those - I might have to actually go through those.

About BG2 + TOB & PST - I have played and finished those, so who the hell knows if and when I'll ever play those.

Yeah - when's the real question here for me.

There are games I barely touched (TOEE); never finished (IWD); never even touched (IWD: HoW + IWD2), and never owned (BG1: ToTSC). Those - I might have to actually go through those.

About BG2 + TOB & PST - I have played and finished those, so who the hell knows if and when I'll ever play those.
There really aren't enough hours in the day, right? There are so many games I want to play,, and so many games I want to go back and replay...such a shitty thing to complain about, lol

There really aren't enough hours in the day, right? There are so many games I want to play,, and so many games I want to go back and replay...such a shitty thing to complain about, lol
I need a damn time machine or something - so I can have enough time in this lifetime to play ALL of this stuff.

Dead Island Riptide - $2.55

...well at least they did something to celebrate the Beth Pack anniversary 

Edit:

For Posterity

Capture.png

Damn, I'd have been all over that: I actually want Riptide. :whistle2:(

EDIT: Thanks for the spare key, Ethereality! :D

Dammit @ Dead Island: Riptide glitching at a little below $3.

I so would've been all over that. :(

Did anyone buy extras?

EDIT:

Off to work. Won't be around a PC til like probably 6pm EST. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back