GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A dev posted this on the Steam forums, new indie bundle coming soon..

[quote name='echoMateria']Hello, I am one of the developers behind War of the Human Tanks.

Since we are involved with the IndieFort Countdown bundle, I would like to clarify a few things that are misunderstood on the posts earlier in this thread. But first let me thank emcee80 for mentioning our bundle here. I'll start with an edited version of his post, I added hyperlinks to every game and a mention of their STEAM/Greenlight status.

IndieFort Countdown Bundle:

Week 1:
Aeon Command (Greenlight)
Genetrive 2
Space Pirates and Zombies (STEAM)
Waveform (STEAM)

Week 2:
Caster (STEAM)
Hegemony Gold: Wars of Ancient Greece (STEAM)
Strategic War in Europe (Greenlight)
Zombies (Greenlight)

Week 3:
Alien Hallway (STEAM)
Bridge It
Eryi's Action (Greenlight)
Terrorhedron

Week 4:
Achron (STEAM)
Alien Shooter 2 Conscription (STEAM)
Orczz (Greenlight)
Syder Arcade (Greenlight)

Week 5
War of the Human Tanks (Greenlight)
Will Fight for Food (Greenlight)
Zafehouse: Diaries (Greenlight)
Zombie Shooter 2 (STEAM)

Pricing: $4/week. For each bundle you buy, the next bundle you can get for $1 off the price.

Launches: Black Friday 2012

Each week has 4 games for a total of 20 games at the end of five weeks. We also have bonuses that will unlock with sale number goals that include 7 more games, 6 OSTs and an add-on.

This bundle is hosted by GamersGate, so you will get a key for them all there.

Also all games on this bundle that have Steam versions already present will give Steam keys to add them to your Steam account. Marked those with (STEAM) above.

And the rest are all on Greenlight (except 3) and you will get a Steam key for those too, when they are greenlit with your votes. So don't forget to vote YES for them. Marked those with (Greenlight) above.[/quote]

[quote name='sunghost']Not only that, but there was a price mistake on TL1. Imagine if TL2 was a daily and it had a price mistake..[/QUOTE]

If that happens ill be all over a 4 pack Or you get all over a 4 pack

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']Borderlands 2 (4 pack) - $134.89

With IGN discount and G2PO:

$107.91

$26.97 per person.

I'm very tempted, but I think I'm gonna wait until a GOTY, especially since I'm only half way through the first one.[/QUOTE]

There probably will be at least 5 DLC's (the 4 Season Pass DLC's + any Non-Season DLC's like the New Mechromancer Class DLC Pack), anyways... ;)

About those IndieFort bundles; it said that each bundle will be $4, and for each bundle you buy, the next will be a dollar off. Does that mean that someone who purchases the first 4 will get the last one free?

[quote name='aronater']About those IndieFort bundles; it said that each bundle will be $4, and for each bundle you buy, the next will be a dollar off. Does that mean that someone who purchases the first 4 will get the last one free?[/QUOTE]

I doubt that it stacks, you probably just get $1 off each bundle. We won't know for sure until it goes live though.

[quote name='sunghost']I doubt that it stacks, you probably just get $1 off each bundle. We won't know for sure until it goes live though.[/QUOTE]

You're probably right... but how awesome would it be if it did stack :). It would basically come out to 20 games for $10, minus any bonuses. Oh well, I guess I'll just keep dreaming...

I hovered for a second before dismissing it. I already have it on 360.

I COULD HAVE BOUGHT IT!!! AND SOLD IT HERE FOR $6!!! AND MADE A MILLION DOLLARS!!! :( (I'm not Captain Math)

my IGN discount disappeared for apparently no reason. Is there any way to get it back? I really wanted to get Borderlands 2 4-pack too

edit: weird it just came back. thank god lol

[quote name='xRidley']my IGN discount disappeared for apparently no reason. Is there any way to get it back? I really wanted to get Borderlands 2 4-pack too[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it disappeared? IGN discount doesn't work the same for some games, like Alan Wake.. for Alan Wake, it gives you the difference back in blue coins.

[quote name='sunghost']Are you sure it disappeared? IGN discount doesn't work the same for some games, like Alan Wake.. for Alan Wake, it gives you the difference back in blue coins.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was strange, i tried the 4 pack and no discount, removed and tried TL2 ( a game I bought with discount before) and no discount, then readded borderlands single player and it started working again (on the 4-pack too).

I am actually going to hold off on BL2. it might become a daily deal for $30 if they decide to price match Amazon. So a 4 pack for $90-20% = $72 (and 5% coins back or 5% less if you use the GC+G2PO trick). $18 a copy if that happens!

[quote name='Syntax Error']I just tested mine and it worked for BL 2 as the normal cash discount.

Sounds like xRidley solved it anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know it works for BL2, I thought maybe he had Alan Wake in his cart or something, along with BL2 which wouldve made the discount distribute in blue coins instead.

[quote name='PenguinJim']I hovered for a second before dismissing it. I already have it on 360.

I COULD HAVE BOUGHT IT!!! AND SOLD IT HERE FOR $6!!! AND MADE A MILLION DOLLARS!!! :( (I'm not Captain Math)[/QUOTE]

I had been waiting for a deal on Alan Wake for a while so I was quite happy to snag it at less than $4.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Did anyone else get in in the $4.49 Alan Wake deal? I got mine for like $3.40ish after discounts ;)[/QUOTE]

Glad someone else noticed that, saw it when the dailies were flipping, went back minutes later and it was dead. Nice to know I haven't completely lost my mind yet (though stalking Gamersgate at 3 AM is pretty damn close..hah)

[quote name='asheskitty']And now Silverfall Complete is on Steam for $3.74 through the 27th. I snagged it right away. (Unlikely it'll go lower, and I don't want to forget.)

Steam freaked me out with 21+10GBs of download, wound up being just 10GB total. Apparently Earth Awakening is just 224MB on top of the base.[/QUOTE]

Picked this up last night, too! MysterD's comments on it were interesting so I figured I'd finally dive in. It sounded a lot like a Sacred Gold/Titan Quest Gold situation: The original Sacred was decent, but the expansion improved the UI of the base game a LOT. Titan Quest was great, but the expansion improved so much about it.

[quote name='xRidley']my IGN discount disappeared for apparently no reason. Is there any way to get it back? I really wanted to get Borderlands 2 4-pack too

edit: weird it just came back. thank god lol[/QUOTE]

One thing that I noticed is that if you put a game in your cart while you are not logged into GG, and then you login, the IGN discount will not show up. You have to be logged into GG before you add the game to your cart.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asheskitty']That's the best price I've seen, and the only source of Sacred 2 for yankees. You can avoid currency transaction fees by buying blue coins on the .com site then using your blue coins to buy it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not interested in buying Sacred 2, but that's a nice tip for avoiding transaction fees. Not sure if I'll ever get a chance to use it, but thanks.

[quote name='sunghost']Sacred 2 Gold is 70% off on GamersGate UK

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-S2G/sacred-2-gold-edition-bundle[/QUOTE]

Bought!

Dishonored is $29.90, after IGN+G2PO discounts: $23.98 !!!

I'm deciding on buying it despite having more than 400 games on steam and having a really big backlog of unplayed games, and having NO TIME, including:

ON PC: Torchling 2, Darksiders 2, Max Payne 3, Resident Evil Operation Racoon City, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed Revelations, Kingdoms of Amalur, Binary Domain, Batman AC, Prototype 2, Spec Ops The Line, FEAR 3, Jagged Alliance BiA, LA Noire, Krater, TLOTR War In The North, Portal 2, Quantum Conundrum, Rage, Red Faction Armageddon, Saints Row 3, Red Orchestra 2, Civilization 5, Trine 2.
ON 360: Halo 4, Black Ops 2, Assassins Creed 3, Hitman: Absolution, Forza Horizon, NFS Most Wanted, MoH Warfighter, XCOM, Resident Evil 6.
ON PS3: Infamous 2, Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, Journey, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 4.
ON VITA: Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Soundshapes.
ON WII: Super Mario Galaxy 2, NiGHTS, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Metroid 3, The Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill - Shattered Memories, Dead Space - Extraction.

I think this list was made for me. Oh my god. I think I have a mental disorder or something...

[quote name='The End']I'm not interested in buying Sacred 2, but that's a nice tip for avoiding transaction fees. Not sure if I'll ever get a chance to use it, but thanks.[/QUOTE]

If you like ARPG's, just know this - Sacred 2: Gold is awesome.

It's just...the game's just a pain to get installed right; get going right; and running right, more so than anything. Once you do - it's awesome.

I actually imported the base Sacred 2 game and expansion a few years ago. It was a bit of a hassle to get installed properly, but it does work on a Win7 64-bit system. I found it really confusing.

Still, at this price I figured I'd try it again. Thanks for the heads-up!

[quote name='Daykain']Looks like Max Payne 3 is on sale everywhere but is cheapest on GG with IGN code at $10 for base game[/QUOTE]
You can buy $10 worth of Blue Coins for $9.50 with G2PO and then you get 500 Blue Coins back for buying the game, essentially lowering the cost to $9.09 when everything is said and done :)

This assumes, of course, that you use Blue Coins for the 500 refunded to have any value to you.

I've just realized that Gamersgate have Dishonored for $19.50! o_O

Buy 20,000 Blue Coins using code G2PO for $19.50, go to Gamersgate.co.uk, and use G2PO again with your IGN discount for mucho satisfaction.

How did I not see that several hours ago!? I'm sorry!

[quote name='PenguinJim']I've just realized that Gamersgate have Dishonored for $19.50! o_O

Buy 20,000 Blue Coins using code G2PO for $19.50, go to Gamersgate.co.uk, and use G2PO again with your IGN discount for mucho satisfaction.

How did I not see that several hours ago!? I'm sorry![/QUOTE]
Nice! Even $22 on GMG wasn't low enough to bite on but as it turns out I have 20k blue coins in my account and this edges under than amount. 19,096 coins total :applause::applause::applause:

Heh, plus 964 coins back from my minion. Even better.

Interesting just received this email. Didn't know that ign prime discount expired. I wonder if we can renew or is this everyone.

Hello!

We just wanted to let you know that the IGN Prime discount promotion will soon expire. We hope you’ve enjoyed your 15% discount and that you’ll still stick with us both at GamersGate (for all your games) and IGN (for all your news).

The IGN Prime 15% off discount will stop working in approx. 48 hours, but considering that we’ve already entered our yearly holiday sales (this one is going to be bigger than ever before!) there will still be lots of games and awesome deals to be had!

Best,
GG Team

PS. Of course your loyal Prime pet won’t leave your Minion’s side =)
PPS. Unless you don’t like him… In that case we can confirm that Minion-Pet-heaven really does exist. We promise.

I was just coming here to post that my IGN Discount isn't showing up anymore and to see if anyone else noticed this as well. I haven't gotten the letter yet.

The fire pet is still showing but I no longer get the discount and I tried putting a bunch of games in my cart sale or no sale, US or UK site but no dice.

It was just working like an hour or so when I checked too.

Damn. That was a major factor why I shopped there.

[quote name='pROvIs']Interesting just received this email. Didn't know that ign prime discount expired. I wonder if we can renew or is this everyone.[/QUOTE]

I got it too....LAME

Wow. This really sucks. The 15% discount was probably the main reason I shopped at GG over other retailers. I still have some blue coins in my account. Didn't know it had an expiration date, but it seems this might be across the board.

That said, with their sales glitches and 75% off prices I will still find enough stuff to use my coins up over time so I am not too upset. Just the end of an era where all my purchases stacked with a supersweet extra discount. :(

I think "expiration date" is their polite Swedish way of saying Oh shit! You mean all those people cancelled and we still left their IGN discount on indefinitely? Oops better fix that ASAP!

[quote name='Greyghost']I think "expiration date" is their polite Swedish way of saying Oh shit! You mean all those people cancelled and we still left their IGN discount on indefinitely? Oops better fix that ASAP![/QUOTE]

I actually paid for a year...my prime is still active..so that isnt it

Well you guys who paid should go to IGN and make a stink. That discount is still listed as one of the benefits on their IGN prime page.

Okay just checked over there and someone is saying that Gamersgate told them they no longer work with IGN

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/cant-access-gamersgate-discount-code.452683340/#post-468055171

That really, really sucks for people who already prepaid for a year that were given the impression they would get that discount for the whole time. I can see going forward if they are not going to offer it and of course those of us who got it free can't complain but if they aren't honoring it for the existing members who already paid that is just lame.

Wow, glad I used up most of my coins with Dishonored then. Without the extra 15% off, they rarely have a good enough sale to make them a primary consideration.

For however long, my discount is still showing.

I think it is probably beyond our rights to get too upset as they can always point to the fine print that any benefits may discontinue. I imagine GG got sick of dealing with all the support issues and angry customers over the discount codes.

[quote name='pROvIs']I imagine GG got sick of dealing with all the support issues and angry customers over the discount codes.[/QUOTE]

I suspect they are sick of losing 15% of their revenue...

[quote name='seamoss']I suspect they are sick of losing 15% of their revenue...[/QUOTE]

You could say that but I think much of it is sales they wouldn't of had anyway. They may be big in Europe but in the US hardly anyone knows they exist. That 15% is an advertising fee more or less.

[quote name='pROvIs']Interesting just received this email. Didn't know that ign prime discount expired. I wonder if we can renew or is this everyone.[/QUOTE]

Sad news, but it's been a good run, even for the short time I had my discount.

[quote name='seamoss']I suspect they are sick of losing 15% of their revenue...[/QUOTE]
Since it was "permanent", whatever incentive they got from IGN was probably a one off and now they're saddled with giving 15% long after that incentive is gone.

But, that said, whatever profit they got from my sales was 100% over whatever profit they'd have gotten from me anyway if I shopped somewhere else. I'm sure they're aware of this and finally decided that the scales were tipping against them.

Is there any way to tell if a game activates on Steam? I'm interested in Resident Evil 5 but I don't see anything that says if it does or not.

Ah, well, nine months of a 15% discount was lovely. I also cashed out a lot of coins today with Endless Space (strangely no longer today's daily), so I'm happy I went out on a high note. :)

[quote name='wuxbustah8']Is there any way to tell if a game activates on Steam? I'm interested in Resident Evil 5 but I don't see anything that says if it does or not.[/QUOTE]

It will be listed under DRM so if you see something other than Steam there then the answer is no.

Bummer. I have ~20 in blue coins. I know I will continue to buy some stuff at GG even without IGN, but it's gonna be less. I have just over $20 in blue coins... now I'm considering picking up Dishonored (I was waiting for lower).

Edit: Pout. They already killed my IGN. I feel sorry for CAGs that recently picked up IGN and hadn't amounted $46 in sales yet to recoup their $7 month of IGN Prime cost.

[quote name='PenguinJim']Ah, well, nine months of a 15% discount was lovely. I also cashed out a lot of coins today with Endless Space (strangely no longer today's daily), so I'm happy I went out on a high note. :)[/QUOTE]

I kind of think the Endless Space deal was a screw up. That publisher has been really tightwaddy with the sales on that game. Once before Steam tried to run it as a weekend deal with a fairly significant sale on it but they freaked out and made them take it down citing it was unfair to the people who bought retail box and paid full price or something like that. Apparently it was a "miscommunication" and probably was in this case too because so far no other digital retailer was offering close to 66% off of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back