GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Necrotron']Prices seem to swap and glitch around midnight PST, as I recall.[/QUOTE]
The daily prices are changed just after 8AM UTC, but the four recent glitches that I'm aware of have been mention on here a few hours earlier than that.

Hmm, their site is getting suspiciously slow for me but I can't find anything out of the way in terms of pricing either on the US or UK site.

Maybe everyone else has the same idea we do. F5F5F5F5. :p

[quote name='Motoki']Hmm, their site is getting suspiciously slow for me but I can't find anything out of the way in terms of pricing either on the US or UK site.

Maybe everyone else has the same idea we do. F5F5F5F5[/QUOTE]
I don't see anything interesting, either.

[quote name='espy605']The list price is $9 so it doesn't seem like a mistake.[/QUOTE]
Steam has the list price at $30 for that version. Gamers Gate sometimes has mistakes like that where they have the list price lower than elsewhere.

I would get it at that price myself but it seems to have a bad DRM.

[quote name='kataztrophik']Alan Wake's American Nightmare is $1.88

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-AWAN/alan-wakes-american-nightmare[/QUOTE]

Steamworks. Steam is getting absolutely murdered. Great deal, but I'll be passing since I've already played and completed it on 360 and I don't think it's worth playing again. If you like Alan Wake, you'll like this, but be warned, as you literally have to play the exact same game three times in a row to complete the story. It was fun, but it was incredibly monotonous and repetitive by the end of it.

[quote name='Corpekata']It's a glitch. It was their daily deal yesterday. Get it while you can.[/QUOTE]
It looks like all of the listed daily deals are the same as yesterday. :whistle2:#

[quote name='Motoki']Elements of War at 91% off is obviously a mistake too. It's not Steamworks though so my interest is pretty meh on that.[/QUOTE]

Metascore of 49

Not sure that one is a price mistake.

Maybe GG should call it "End of Company sale" instead of "End of Year sale"

[quote name='Charlie2688']Is anyone having trouble logging into GG? I log in and get redirected to the main page without actually being logged in :/[/QUOTE]

Not here, but mine is still on saved login from my browser from logging in the other day.

[quote name='nategator']Metascore of 49

Not sure that one is a price mistake.

Maybe GG should call it "End of Company sale" instead of "End of Year sale"[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly certain I saw it at a higher price point yesterday along with Alan Wake. Plus Asheskitty pointed out that 91% is the discount you get when you double apply a 75% discount, apparently.

*Edit, yeah it deal4downloads is reporting $4.99 is the lowest GG ever had it for (obviously prior to just a little bit ago)

http://www.deals4downloads.com/games/detail/cl3/buy-elements-of-war-pc-download

I'm not suggesting anyone buy it mind you, just that it's a mistake. ;)

[quote name='Motoki']I'm fairly certain I saw it at a higher price point yesterday along with Alan Wake. Plus Asheskitty pointed out that 91% is the discount you get when you double apply a 75% discount, apparently.

*Edit, yeah it deal4downloads is reporting $4.99 is the lowest GG ever had it for (obviously prior to just a little bit ago)

http://www.deals4downloads.com/games/detail/cl3/buy-elements-of-war-pc-download

I'm not suggesting anyone buy it mind you, just that it's a mistake. ;)[/QUOTE]

I concede. Well done. :applause:

And with that, off to sleep.

[quote name='mnemnoch']2 Days after the Bethesda debacle, Gamersgate still wont accept my paypal or 2 CC. :([/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel better, my credit card is no longer working (not sure if just with Amazon or in general) and I can't make any purchases at Amazon until I call them and get that cleared up...every other retailer accepts paypal damnit. This better get cleared up today, but I'm hesitant because it's so close to Christmas

So many...good deals at Amazon... >_

[quote name='kataztrophik']If it makes you feel better, my credit card is no longer working (not sure if just with Amazon or in general) and I can't make any purchases at Amazon until I call them and get that cleared up...every other retailer accepts paypal damnit. This better get cleared up today, but I'm hesitant because it's so close to Christmas

So many...good deals at Amazon... >_

Viking Battle for Asgard is down to 2.25. Steam key.

It definetly seems like they have some automated thing that's supposed to be removing discounts but is instead applying them a second time after their daily is over.

I like how GG is doing after rejecting those -15% discounts. Getting a 70% off on another 70% off, even if it's only available as somewhat "flash deal", with additional -5% voucher and 5% Blue Coins cashback for steamable game seems to be appropriate way to treat a CAG.

[quote name='kataztrophik']I really want to pick up TSW, waiting for it to dip back down to $10 or less, but I remember reading something about buying it before the end of the year and you get some content for free? Anybody know what I'm talking about?[/QUOTE]

A content update (which they call "Issues", like a comic book issue) that was rolled out this month will be free for everyone who activates a TSW account before next year, otherwise you'll have to pay an additional $5 to get it.

[quote name='Corpekata']It's been ages, only played the console version. It was solid enough. Easily worth 2 bucks. Had some interesting ideas.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Might be a good time to use some blue coins.

Well, I was going to hold off on getting Viking until the next sale, but that price is so good it's ridiculous.

[quote name='Mooby']Nevermind, GG not taking my credit card? That's a first.[/QUOTE]

Hm. I just linked my bank account to Paypal a couple of weeks ago and now it's like I can use Paypal in any digital store. It's both epic and dangerous. :D

If you still need the code, it's on the front page (IAMANELDERGEEK).

[quote name='Mooby']Thanks. Probably just going to stop for now as I don't want to trigger some fraud thing on my card. If anyone wants to grab this for me in exchange for something worth $2.50 on Amazon (that activates on Steam obviously), let me know.[/QUOTE]
Have you found someone who'd help you yet?

So with this being my first actual purchase on GG ... are codes here .. such as the IAMANELDERGEEK one time only or are they repeatable like on GMG ?

[quote name='AdvOfJet']So with this being my first actual purchase on GG ... are codes here .. such as the IAMANELDERGEEK one time only or are they repeatable like on GMG ?[/QUOTE]
Usually repeatable. That one definitely is.

[quote name='Detruire']Have you found someone who'd help you yet?[/QUOTE]

Yep, randomdud helped me out. Picked up two more Amazon $5 promo codes, too! Thanks for the offer, though.

Would appreciate it if someone wants to help me with getting Viking. I could pick up something for you for 2.50 or so from Steam or Amazon (Steam activating). Thanks.

[quote name='poxi']I like how GG is doing after rejecting those -15% discounts. Getting a 70% off on another 70% off, even if it's only available as somewhat "flash deal", with additional -5% voucher and 5% Blue Coins cashback for steamable game seems to be appropriate way to treat a CAG.[/QUOTE]

Well not like it is on purpose, but it is surprising they don't seem too concerned on fixing this glitch considering how much money I am sure they lost on the Bethesda pack. Definitely not complaining though after losing my "lifetime" 15% discount (yes I know that was somewhat IGN's fault but you think GG would have checked out that IGN was advertising it as lifetime for months and get it corrected right away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back