GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Neuro5i5']Just a question/comment regarding your game shelf... I see a few people mentioning that games have been removed from their shelf. For me this is odd as I have never had any games on my shelf. Granted, prior to this debacle, I had only purchased 1 game (plus the free Volvo game). Has anyone's shelf been like this or was my Mom correct in saying that I am "unique".[/QUOTE]

No you're not unique. I still have my Beth pack as well sitting in my collection. Many others do as well. Problem is we don't know when they or if they are going to cancel it. Currently we are unable to get keys for games even though they have them. This leans not to believe they are trying to figure out a way not to give them to us at all.

GG is doing something new now.

I just bought Order of War off GG ($2.48 on GG, $2.99 on Amazon, plus I had Blue Coins on GG), and I got this msg when checking for my Steam serial:

Time left until gifting is possible: 10 minutes

Your serial(s) will be available in about 10 minutes. In the meantime, you can start downloading the game.

So, it would appear they no longer immediately issue serials.

10 minutes might not be enough time to stop every order, but once something bizarre happens, the S really hits the fan and there's people almost crashing the system racing trying to order a big price error, well, 10 min just saved you.... well, 10 min. I guess?

They have been doing the 10 minutes for a while now even before the price mistake shenanigans started. At least I've definitely gotten it before this mess all started so it's unrelated.

[quote name='Motoki']They have been doing the 10 minutes for a while now even before the price mistake shenanigans started. At least I've definitely gotten it before this mess all started so it's unrelated.[/QUOTE]

I didn't receive the message when I bought The Witcher 2 a few days ago. I immediately used my serial to tie my purchase to GOG.com.

I also immediately got my main Borderlands 2 serial after purchasing. There was no 10-min delay there either.

Can't say for the Bethesda Pack as I didn't try.

But no, I've never seen this message before.

Ok as I just told you it has happened to me before the price mistakes. Maybe it doesn't happen 100% of the time for every purchase everyone makes for every game but I had the 10 minute wait for games I bought there several weeks back before the price mistakes.

It's unrelated. End of story.

[quote name='Tolyngee']GG is doing something new now.

I just bought Order of War off GG ($2.48 on GG, $2.99 on Amazon, plus I had Blue Coins on GG), and I got this msg when checking for my Steam serial:

10 minutes might not be enough time to stop every order, but once something bizarre happens, the S really hits the fan and there's people almost crashing the system racing trying to order a big price error, well, 10 min just saved you.... well, 10 min. I guess?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']They have been doing the 10 minutes for a while now even before the price mistake shenanigans started. At least I've definitely gotten it before this mess all started so it's unrelated.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tolyngee']I didn't receive the message when I bought The Witcher 2 a few days ago. I immediately used my serial to tie my purchase to GOG.com.

I also immediately got my main Borderlands 2 serial after purchasing. There was no 10-min delay there either.

Can't say for the Bethesda Pack as I didn't try.

But no, I've never seen this message before.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']Ok as I just told you it has happened to me before the price mistakes. Maybe it doesn't happen 100% of the time for every purchase everyone makes for every game but I had the 10 minute wait for games I bought there several weeks back before the price mistakes.

It's unrelated. End of story.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's unrelated. I posted the same thing when I bought Viking: Battle for Asgrad on the 23rd...http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10315751&postcount=4446

[quote name='Motoki']Ok as I just told you it has happened to me before the price mistakes. Maybe it doesn't happen 100% of the time for every purchase everyone makes for every game but I had the 10 minute wait for games I bought there several weeks back before the price mistakes.

It's unrelated. End of story.[/QUOTE]

When you buy a $2.48 game and it happens, it suggests perhaps it now is 100%.

Otherwise their criteria for when it occurs is another thing they should give some reconsideration to.

The only thing we are certain of right now is that neither of us is certain what their criteria is then, and if it's completely unrelated as you suggest.

My gut says it's not though.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Yes, it's unrelated. I posted the same thing when I bought Viking: Battle for Asgrad on the 23rd...http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10315751&postcount=4446[/QUOTE]

So, my smallest purchase ever on GG, funded completely by Blue Coin no less, is the first time I ever see it?

GG makes no sense.

Re: 10 minute wait period to generate keys.

It may possibly be tied to games under a certain amount. It first happened to me on December 10th with Orcs Must Die 2 and Defenders of Ardania. Both at the time were on sale for around $2.50.

*Edit: Actually now that I think about it xanchui told me they did the 10 minute waiting period to gift the $12.50 (price mistake) Command and Conquer Origin pack I bought from him so I don't know what the hell their criteria is for why some people get it and some people don't. I doubt they know either.

I don't think they know their head from the hole in their ass at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tolyngee']GG is doing something new now.

10 minutes might not be enough time to stop every order, but once something bizarre happens, the S really hits the fan and there's people almost crashing the system racing trying to order a big price error, well, 10 min just saved you.... well, 10 min. I guess?[/QUOTE]
How's the game anyway? I can't play the demo for some reason.

They do a 10 minute gifting wait on anything that is giftable usually. Before if you bought one copy of something it wouldn't delay the "Show Serial" key but just the gift option, but lately seems like the entire thing is delayed.

lol, submitted a ticket to GG support asking refund for my cancelled bethesda pack never get a reply, so I brought the case to moneybooker and finally I got my money back :)
seems their support is intentionally ignoring any refund ticket.

Didn't GG have like one support guy before this happened? No joke, everyone I knew who sent in a ticket got a reply from the same guy (Ashot P.).

If they still have the one guy...

[quote name='PCgamerz']lol, submitted a ticket to GG support asking refund for my cancelled bethesda pack never get a reply, so I brought the case to moneybooker and finally I got my money back :)
seems their support is intentionally ignoring any refund ticket.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if it's intentional, between the business hours of this holiday season, the small size of their company, and the size of this error, I think they have their hands full. Regardless it is annoying.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Didn't GG have like one support guy before this happened? No joke, everyone I knew who sent in a ticket got a reply from the same guy (Ashot P.).

If they still have the one guy...[/QUOTE]

Someone mentioned getting a reply from him recently a few pages or so back so it seems like he's still there.

Probably wants a new job after all this mess though.

[quote name='Motoki']Someone mentioned getting a reply from him recently a few pages or so back so it seems like he's still there.

Probably wants a new job after all this mess though.[/QUOTE]

Or he has the most secure job of all time.

[quote name='espy605']Or he has the most secure job of all time.[/QUOTE]

Not with GG actively trying to run themselves into the ground. I'd be shopping my resume around too.

[quote name='PCgamerz']lol, submitted a ticket to GG support asking refund for my cancelled bethesda pack never get a reply, so I brought the case to moneybooker and finally I got my money back :)
seems their support is intentionally ignoring any refund ticket.[/QUOTE]

They're not intentionally ignoring refund tickets, their support is usually this slow. I submitted 2 tickets a few months ago, and it took at least 4 days to get a response for each ticket. If you get a response before a few days, you're incredibly lucky. Severose could probably back me up on this, he's submitted a million tickets.

[quote name='espy605']I'm not sure if it's intentional, between the business hours of this holiday season, the small size of their company, and the size of this error, I think they have their hands full. Regardless it is annoying.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']They're not intentionally ignoring refund tickets, their support is usually this slow. I submitted 2 tickets a few months ago, and it took at least 4 days to get a response for each ticket. If you get a response before a few days, you're incredibly lucky. Severose could probably back me up on this, he's submitted a million tickets.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm just assuming after I read at here http://www.gamersgate.com/gametutor?issue=241167 where some said question unrelated to refund got answered in few hours.
Never dealt with the support before so I thought they're usually fast at responding :D

I've only submitted a ticket a couple of times but it took them the better part of a week to respond. And this was with no glitches, no holidays and nothing special that would cause a support backup.

I wonder if Ashot is outsourced. That name doesn't sound especially Swedish to me.

[quote name='Motoki']I've only submitted a ticket a couple of times but it took them the better part of a week to respond. And this was with no glitches, no holidays and nothing special that would cause a support backup.

I wonder if Ashot is outsourced. That name doesn't sound especially Swedish to me.[/QUOTE]

GG's support must be getting it's butt kicked. I bet his ass is hot.

Wait, what are we talking about?!

*sigh* Checked my bank statement today, and even though my order was cancelled my pending payment for the Borderlands four-pack finally was authorized and went through (plus a small international fee). I was figuring since the order was cancelled the payment would never get authorized and just fall off, but no. That would make sense.

[quote name='PCgamerz']Well, I'm just assuming after I read at here http://www.gamersgate.com/gametutor?issue=241167 where some said question unrelated to refund got answered in few hours.
Never dealt with the support before so I thought they're usually fast at responding :D[/QUOTE]
I submitted a ticket yesterday about removing Ghost Recon: FW from my "shelf" since they were never going to give me a key for it. Ashot P. responded within five minutes (literally - looking at my email, it was four minutes) saying he had removed it.

Hey, I'm gonna post a deal!

The Secret World is $20.96 right now, not sure what that is after the promo code and/or with blue coins.

Not a terrible price. It will be $12.99 in January on Amazon, but you won't get the next issue ($5) and Initiate Pack ($15) unless you buy it before the end of the year, so it's worth the money if you want those things.

[quote name='Genocidal']This give me hope that Steam will have a 33-50% off deal tomorrow. Is that a daily deal or the price it's been all sale?[/QUOTE]
It was under $15 on the 23rd, apparently. Was everyone too busy complaining to notice? :lol:

[quote name='Idiotekque']Hey, I'm gonna post a deal!

The Secret World is $20.96 right now, not sure what that is after the promo code and/or with blue coins.

Not a terrible price. It will be $12.99 in January on Amazon, but you won't get the next issue ($5) and Initiate Pack ($15) unless you buy it before the end of the year, so it's worth the money if you want those things.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, it's glitching for me now (showing 100% off), so maybe it's worth keeping an eye on?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CrimsonTribe']Hmmm, it's glitching for me now (showing 100%), so maybe it's worth keeping an eye on?[/QUOTE]

Yeah um you do that and let me know how it worked out for you in a week or so.

[quote name='Motoki']Yeah um you do that and let me know how it worked out for you in a week or so.[/QUOTE]

Meh, if it shows up for less than $10, I'm willing to take that chance. I'm ready to live dangerously :cool:

[quote name='Idiotekque']Looked closer and it was 51% off, then suddenly 30% off (which it still is) on the 23rd. Looks like yet another price glitch. :D[/QUOTE]

Shocker

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']Meh, if it shows up for less than $10, I'm willing to take that chance. I'm ready to live dangerously :cool:[/QUOTE]
The secret is to lick the code as soon as you get it so GG can't take it back.

If I did get one, I should get a key right? Then I would take that to the Secret World website and sign up for an account?

[edit] Or, like Syntax Error said I could just lick it so they don't want it back.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Looked closer and it was 51% off, then suddenly 30% off (which it still is) on the 23rd. Looks like yet another price glitch. :D[/QUOTE]

Anything more thank 50% seems to be a price glitch nowadays :lol:

If it weren't for the Bethesda/GR:FW debacles, I'd venture a guess that all of these "glitches" are intentional. Early bird specials, sort of.

I mean, I've never run a digital download site, but how hard is it to put up a sale price? What does one have to do to mess them up? Simply punch in the wrong numbers?

It intrigues me.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']If I did get one, I should get a key right? Then I would take that to the Secret World website and sign up for an account?

[edit] Or, like Syntax Error said I could just lick it so they don't want it back.[/QUOTE]

Not sure. I think the non Steam version is a direct download but maybe it activates on Origin?

[quote name='Idiotekque']Nope, you put the code into the Secret World site.[/QUOTE]

If only TSW would have a crazy sale on Gamersgate...

[quote name='MysterD']If only TSW would have a crazy sale on Gamersgate...[/QUOTE]
Already happened. 51% price glitch quickly fixed to be 30%.

Or a ten-pack for $3.91.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Hey, I'm gonna post a deal!

Not a terrible price. It will be $12.99 in January on Amazon, but you won't get the next issue ($5) and Initiate Pack ($15) unless you buy it before the end of the year, so it's worth the money if you want those things.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, grabbed it for $18.91 with double discount. Can't just buy the game, so I'd be spending $17.99 at Amazon ($12.99 base game + $5.00 expansion), so this way I get the initiate pack for < $1.00. Good deal if you don't mind RISKING YOUR MONEY! :lol:

[quote name='Severose']Thanks, grabbed it for $18.91 with double discount. Can't just buy the game, so I'd be spending $17.99 at Amazon ($12.99 base game + $5.00 expansion), so this way I get the initiate pack for < $1.00. Good deal if you don't mind RISKING YOUR MONEY! :lol:[/QUOTE]
We're sorry, but we are currently out of keys for The Secret World. We will refund your purchase... someday.

Thanks for choosing GamersGate, Happy New Year!

[quote name='Idiotekque']If it weren't for the Bethesda/GR:FW debacles, I'd venture a guess that all of these "glitches" are intentional. Early bird specials, sort of.[/QUOTE]
I still find it hard to believe that it isn't intentional. A glitch a day and they don't seem to be doing anything to fix the problem.

So, it looks like Gamersgate has the rights to sell the Secret World in the US and the UK, but not in Puerto Rico which is why it shows up at 100% off for me. It's so annoying when the publishers exclude Puerto Rico from the US distribution rights.

Why would it be on purpose though? They're not winning anyone over with this mess. Ridiculous prices and misadvertisements don't work when your car lot is half on fire and the other half full of irate customers trying to kill the sales staff.

If anything they've lost potential customers and possibly frayed relationships with several publishers. There's just not much upside to it.

[quote name='Corpekata']Why would it be on purpose though? They're not winning anyone over with this mess. Ridiculous prices and misadvertisements don't work when your car lot is half on fire and the other half full of irate customers trying to kill the sales staff.

If anything they've lost potential customers and possibly frayed relationships with several publishers. There's just not much upside to it.[/QUOTE]

I've been buying games from GG for years now and they've always done this: whenever the prices flip (outside of holiday/summer sales it's been every Sunday night in the US) they've always had a game or two at a really high discount for a few hours and/or units. I've been able to pick up a few games at a really low price over the years. I've always assumed that this was intentional on their part since it happened so regularly - something like "digital door-busters". However, it's never been anything like the Bethesda & Borderlands fiascos, so maybe it's always been a glitch and they've just chosen to ignore it until it finally bit them in the ass.

[quote name='espy605']TSW is about $21 for me here in the US, 30% off.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's expensive! It's $18.91 with BC discount and game discount over here in California.

Got my key, btw, for anyone who was thinking about jumping on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back