GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It worked! I saw my games on the side but when I click on My Library the site either doesn't load or when it does it have to sign in again.

Anyone else keep getting logged out? Glad my order went through though.

[quote name='lwhitit']so close yet so far. I have the pack but its says i can only gift it and when i try it fails....[/QUOTE]
Only gift option? That doesn't sound good. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Umair56']It worked! I saw my games on the side but when I click on My Library the site either doesn't load or when it does it have to sign in again.

Anyone else keep getting logged out? Glad my order went through though.[/QUOTE]

No. I've maintained one login since the start (over 8 hours ago now -- jeez)

[quote name='Detruire']Only gift option? That doesn't sound good. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

That's normal when you buy something as a gift. It's not like Steam where you can directly redeem a gift to your account. A gamersgate gift has to be sent to someone but you can email it to yourself and redeem it to your own account via email.

Of course this assumes you can actually, you know, get the page to load to send it to your email in the first place.

[quote name='asheskitty']Reposting for relevance.

If you care having trouble and you know your GG order id (don't confuse with paypal transaction id) visit https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/orderdetails/### where the last number (###) would be the number at https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payment/### which is also your GG order id.
You can see it in your GG library at http://www.gamersgate.com/account/games

Also see my fulll original post below.

I hope you already have a GamersGate acount. See my self-quote below.

Bethesda New Year Collection -- $28.76 -- steam keys

Brink Complete Pack
Dishonored™
DOOM 3 BFG Edition
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Hunted: The Demon’s Forge™
RAGE
Rogue Warrior
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion® Game of the Year Edition Deluxe
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Alright, some quick tips....

This link will straight up add it to your cart
http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/addtocart?sku=DDB-BETHESDANYC

IAMANELDERGEEK is a 5% discount code. Applying it will incur another page reload (eew). Only the bravest of CAGs will try to buy blue coins first and double dip on the code. I did.*

GG checkout sends me to paypal, sign in to paypal, click button, get sent to GG with a long url with a paypal token in the url (probably timeout and reload needed) sends me to the GG receipt page. I had to reload on timeouts when being sent to and returning from paypal

The confirm button on paypal.com should take you to http://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payme...press?order_id which you need to visit to complete the transaction. The last bit of that url is a unique id.

Quick tip on seeing if it went through, visit https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/orderdetails/### where the last number (###) would be the number at https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payment/### which is also your GG order id.

You can see it in your GG library at http://www.gamersgate.com/account/games

* I had $20 in blue coins sitting in my account since the good old days of the IGN discount that I wanted to use.[/QUOTE]

I am going to go ahead and quote this post to bump it because it was very helpful to me. Thanks for all the helpful links!

[quote name='Motoki']That's normal when you buy something as a gift. It's not like Steam where you can directly redeem a gift to your account. A gamersgate gift has to be sent to someone but you can email it to yourself and redeem it to your own account via email.

Of course this assumes you can actually, you know, get the page to load to send it to your email in the first place.[/QUOTE]
Ah, I've only bought games straight into my account on GG. It still lets me gift the game - provided I haven't claimed a key, of course - so I've never bothered to gift straight away.

[quote name='Detruire']Ah, I've only bought games straight into my account on GG. It still lets me gift the game - provided I haven't claimed a key, of course - so I've never bothered to gift straight away.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed that too so I don't really know what the point buying something as a gift is when you can always gift something you bought the regular way as long as you haven't claimed the key yet. *shrug*

[quote name='Motoki']Yeah I noticed that too so I don't really know what the point buying something as a gift is when you can always gift something you bought the regular way as long as you haven't claimed the key yet. *shrug*[/QUOTE]
I guess that it's quicker if you want to give the game ASAP. Other than that, I'm not sure either.

How long did the account registration confirmation email take for those of you who made new accounts? Been about 2 hours here

Holy freaking cow.... After over 6 hours of trying, my payment through paypal finally went through, and my games are under My Library! Woohooo!! :bouncy:

I can't believe how long that took!

For those still trying, don't give up! :p

[quote name='CygnusYYZ']Is there a time set for the deal to end?[/QUOTE]

The deal itself is waaayy to amazing, so it has to be a mistake on their part and they just haven't fixed it yet, for some reason.

More than likely, this will be over with sometime soon, so better keep on trying. =P

[quote name='Fragger']The deal itself is waaayy to amazing, so it has to be a mistake on their part and they just haven't fixed it yet, for some reason.

More than likely, this will be over with sometime soon, so better keep on trying. =P[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm saying that because I've heard there was a counter on the page, but I couldn't see it.

lol i finally get the email sent and got the games in my account. I click on skyrim to get the code and .... System maintenance oye

well i got a email saying i bought the bundle but i didnt get a payment email from paypal and nothing is showing on my paypal account.

JUST when I'm about to finally be able to see my keys the site goes down.

I love CAG though. Wouldn't have known about this if it wasn't for you guys.

[quote name='msdmoney']Looks dead. Finally got through and now it is showing $95.[/QUOTE]
i hope they honor my order i have a order number and everything just they haven't taken money from me and no games in my library

Dammit. Almost made it through payment, then it goes back to a glitchy homepage.

Just barely... Got my e-mail that I had added the $28 bundle after system maintenance was over. My open tabs showed a $28 one and one for the $95 but used the link from the e-mail and on the second try was able to complete it with paypal. Thanks guys!

I manually completed payment for the order that I received a confirmation email for. If anyone wants to risk completing payment on a pending order that was not confirmed, go for it.

Mine went through finally. Gifted to myself, redeemed, all codes are up. Site is mostly smooth, if a bit slow. No more timeouts. It is now showing 70% off the main page, so mistake or not if you got your paypal email and got through the madness, they are honoring it.

Wow. Look at their Facebook page... it's full of people bitching and moaning about how they wasted their evenings, and that GamersGate sucks for having a "[****ing] useless laggy site" and not honouring prices.

Well, found the collection was still in my cart from before, and this was posted underneath.

"Due to high demand we are currently out of serial keys for Bethesda New Year Collection. You may proceed with your order but it may take up to a few days before you recieve your serial key."

Great. Spent four hours trying to get the site to load, got all the way to paying, then it said it would take me back to GG to finish payment and then that failed and I never got any email about paying for it or anything else. And now it's gone even though I technically completed the entire transaction.

Can we just burn reddit down now. It's not like it's helping anyone.

Hi, I wan to buy all these keys:

Brink Complete Pack
Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition
Hunted: The Demon’s Forge™
Rogue Warrior
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind® Game of the Year Edition

All for $5. Anyone?
Add me up on steam: matcarfer

This has got to be my happiest day as a gamer. I was trying to purchase the bundle for nearly three hours yesterday. When I finally confirmed my order, tha page asked me to verify my e-mail address. After I did that, the bundle was back to full price. Luckly I had saved the https://www.gamersgate.com/shop/payment/XXXXXXX page and now that the page is loading almost the normal speed, I managed to pay the order ($28) and get the games on my library!

I still have a pending order for Beth pack for $28. If I buy it today will I still get it in my library? (even though the pack is coming soon in store)

I dont mind if I didnt get my keys right away.

It is telling me I can't get my keys for most of the games (Dishonored included) and that they won't be restocking keys for them until mid-January.

[quote name='RainFall']By the way, if you had the old price in your cart(cookies), you can still buy it for that price.[/QUOTE]

Probably too late for this (I gave up around midnight central time), but how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back