GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Punisher138']Has anyone had the 20% apply yet? Im not seeing any discount when checking out for any games.[/QUOTE]

Considering a bunch of people are taking advantage of the 20% off blue coins glitch, yes, many of us see the discount. It even works for preorders, for me.

Interestingly, I received a full refund, and activated 10/11 games. I did "gift" them to myself, as when my order finally went through it was listed as a "gift only" purchase, and feel this may have had something to do with it. According to their statement, I'm to assume that they will provide a Fallout 3 GOTY key to me sometime as well, meaning they gave me 11 games for free by refunding me when I didn't request it? Strangest online purchase I've ever (not?) made.

I sent them a ticket letting them know I will pay them the same amount, but I doubt it is possible at this point. Obviously they were unsuccessful in their bid to revoke keys so I guess either way I don't have to worry.

On a side note, because I got refunded, I wonder if I will get the 20% off all until 2013 as well....and if I do, will it eventually lead to "well, "December 2013" doesn't actually MEAN "December 2013", it was just taken out of context, we meant "March"."

**Update, yup, 20% off is applying to me.

gamersgate_zps157d4c78.png

[quote name='spoderman']Considering a bunch of people are taking advantage of the 20% off blue coins glitch, yes, many of us see the discount. It even works for preorders, for me.[/QUOTE]

at what point in the process does it show the discount. Im logged in and have stuff in my cart and i'm at the point where you select a payment method but no discount is shown...

[quote name='Punisher138']at what point in the process does it show the discount. Im logged in and have stuff in my cart and i'm at the point where you select a payment method but no discount is shown...[/QUOTE]

It should show at checkout, before you process any payment. Should be obvious, if you don't see any discount you probably haven't received it.

[quote name='Syntax Error']If the New Year Fairy is still taking wishes, it's that the word "entitlement" stays back in 2012 and maybe we find a new catch-phrase for 2013.[/QUOTE]

contitlement?

[quote name='Syntax Error']If the New Year Fairy is still taking wishes, it's that the word "entitlement" stays back in 2012 and maybe we find a new catch-phrase for 2013.[/QUOTE]
I blame TotalBiscuit for bringing that word into common usage in the gaming community.

Nah, I think "ENTITLEMENT" will be the new GG 5% off coupon for 2013...

Hmm. I got two of the Bethesda pack and one of the stardock pack. But I only took keys off one of the Bethesda packs and the stardock pack...I wonder if this means I'll get a refund for the second pack?

Edit: pack

I wrote to bethesda days ago regarding this issue, they answer me today :

Hi Damian,

I have some good news for you in regards to your Gamersgate purchase of Skyrim. We've confirmed that no Skyrim Keys that were sold at the discount price will be revoked. The issue is being handled internally so you should have nothing to worry about. Please contact us if you do experience any issues and we will be happy to assist you.

If you need further assistance, you can also reach us online at http://support.bethsoft.com or our technical support staff at (410)-568-3685. Please include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.

Best Regards,

Leon P. at Bethesda Technical Support

[quote name='espy605']Same. The Amazon deals thread is full of people like that, I have half of them on ignore.[/QUOTE]

This. I think I'm up to 15 on ignore.

[quote name='ezelkow1']Go for it, its a great price for a great collection of games.
Theres only a few losers in the pack, looking at c&c4 (which I havent tried) and renegade which I just wasnt a fan of but was still interesting.

C&C is still basically like Dune, since it was the same company to begin with anyway, they kept basically the same formula over the years so I dont know why you wouldnt like em. I picked em up but that was mainly as insurance since I have the decade collection on dvd but always worry about losing it or scratching it, this way I have a permanent online backup plus picked up the few games I didnt have.

If you get the 20% off its a killer deal, if not you can always try holding out for a better deal to show up at amazon since they were running it at 30$ earlier, so who knows, it might come back on the EC list
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. I bit on it just to get it off my mind lol -- it's about what I paid for all the older Total War titles.

[quote name='ddearce']I wrote to bethesda days ago regarding this issue, they answer me today
:

Hi Damian,

I have some good news for you in regards to your Gamersgate purchase of Skyrim. We've confirmed that no Skyrim Keys that were sold at the discount price will be revoked. The issue is being handled internally so you should have nothing to worry about. Please contact us if you do experience any issues and we will be happy to assist you.

If you need further assistance, you can also reach us online at http://support.bethsoft.com or our technical support staff at (410)-568-3685. Please include all previous replies when/if responding to this message.

Best Regards,

Leon P. at Bethesda Technical Support
[/QUOTE]

Great inititaive and great news. (Though I think we got our collective sigh of relief already.)

[quote name='ddearce']I wrote to bethesda days ago regarding this issue, they answer me today :

Hi Damian,

Best Regards,

Leon P. at Bethesda Technical Support[/QUOTE]

Never thought I'd say this for a long time now....

[quote name='DrummerX']
On a side note, because I got refunded, I wonder if I will get the 20% off all until 2013 as well....and if I do, will it eventually lead to "well, "December 2013" doesn't actually MEAN "December 2013", it was just taken out of context, we meant "March"."
[/QUOTE]

Considering how much they're losing at this rate (40%+free gifted games) I think that it's not gonna last long.

[quote name='pantsattack']I haven't got an email yet. Does the discount auto-apply or is a personal code, other?[/QUOTE]
It's attached to your account. Just go to GG and pick and item and hit "Buy". When it shows your card, it'll have a discount automatically applied (amusingly, with an option to take off the discount) just above the "Enter Coupon" box.

If you don't see it, you probably don't have it.

Edit:
HUyF0.png

[quote name='ddearce']I wrote to bethesda days ago regarding this issue, they answer me today :

Hi Damian,

Best Regards,

Leon P. at Bethesda Technical Support[/QUOTE]

I just got the very same message!!! It was your idea, wasn't it?? Thanks a lot!! And if it wasn't thanks to whomever thought of that, I got it from this thread.

:applause:

[quote name='Syntax Error']It's attached to your account. Just go to GG and pick and item and hit "Buy". When it shows your card, it'll have a discount automatically applied (amusingly, with an option to take off the discount) just above the "Enter Coupon" box.

If you don't see it, you probably don't have it.[/QUOTE]

I've always wondered what happens when you cancel the discount, is it removed permanently? Never tried it for the IGN discount (back when it was active) either.

[quote name='spoderman']I've always wondered what happens when you cancel the discount, is it removed permanently? Never tried it for the IGN discount (back when it was acivate) either.[/QUOTE]

It goes away until you remove any items - then it comes back again.

[quote name='Syntax Error']It's attached to your account. Just go to GG and pick and item and hit "Buy". When it shows your card, it'll have a discount automatically applied (amusingly, with an option to take off the discount) just above the "Enter Coupon" box.

If you don't see it, you probably don't have it.

Edit:
HUyF0.png
[/QUOTE]

Well, that sucks! I didn't get anything out of this other than a few blue coins from the Beth purchase.

[quote name='DonRamon']I just got the very same message!!! It was your idea, wasn't it?? Thanks a lot!! And if it wasn't thanks to whomever thought of that, I got it from this thread.

:applause:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, It was me, even in gamersGate Facebook I urge the users to write to Bethesda.
I replied the e-mail and ask if even the people who got refunded and have the keys are safe, let's see.

[quote name='pantsattack']Well, that sucks! I didn't get anything out of this other than a few blue coins from the Beth purchase.[/QUOTE]

...and the fact you got those Bethesda games at an insanely low price.

[quote name='Mooby']...and the fact you got those Bethesda games at an insanely low price.[/QUOTE]

I guess I didn't complete my thought. I didn't get any games and the purchase was reversed, putting me in the category that *should* get the discount.

Edit: If I got the games I would not feel the need to say anything. Yes, that still was an insane deal no matter how you cut it.

[quote name='pantsattack']I guess I didn't complete my thought. I didn't get any games and the purchase was reversed, putting me in the category that *should* get the discount.[/QUOTE]

I think you were covered in the announcement. They said they expected some cases to fall through the cracks and to contact them, but that they would have a heavy backlog of support cases to handle.

Never mind, I was able to get it displayed back on my shelf. For those who were able to get their keys for the package, what did your games look like? I still only have the collection shown, none of the individual games.

[quote name='pantsattack']I guess I didn't complete my thought. I didn't get any games and the purchase was reversed, putting me in the category that *should* get the discount.

Edit: If I got the games I would not feel the need to say anything. Yes, that still was an insane deal no matter how you cut it.[/QUOTE]

They seem to be adding people in batches for the discount. If you still haven't gotten it, just drop a ticket asking about the discount and see what they say.

[quote name='Larce80']20% off working on coins!
haha...now to decide how many to get...[/QUOTE]

These guys are going out of business. I think a funny and limited loss thing they could do is offer a one-time coupon for 91% off one item < a certain value. That would make them all right in my book and I wouldn't feel bad for the bad decisions/systems they use.

[quote name='pantsattack']These guys are going out of business. I think a funny and limited loss thing they could do is offer a one-time coupon for 91% off one item < a certain value. That would make them all right in my book and I wouldn't feel bad for the bad decisions/systems they use.[/QUOTE]

I find that to be an amusing idea, however I think they's screw that up too. :lol:

[quote name='asheskitty']I find that to be an amusing idea, however I think they's screw that up too. :lol:[/QUOTE]

91% on coins + 91% on bundles (91 for every single game in the bundle)

Please don't try to defend this ridiculous decision. The people who nearly crippled this business, then cried about it and bashed the company, are now the ones that are being rewarded. And in turn they're now abusing the discount they've been given by stacking it. Is this the kind of customer GamersGate really wants to keep? At the cost of losing those who did not get the discount? I realize there needs to be some sort of compensation, but 20% for a whole year is idiotic.

GamersGate does not know what they are doing, pure and simple. They have no idea how to fix continual price glitching (it's been going on for MONTHS, this was bound to happen and STILL IS). They lie about the definition of "permanent" and don't actually own up to their mistake. They paint themselves as martyrs in their latest update about the Bethesda fiasco. They give a discount which can be exploited on blue coins because they didn't even test it first. And they give a large percentage of their loyal customer base the shaft.

There is absolutely no reason to support a retailer that doesn't support its customers.

Should have gifted the games to myself. Seems like anybody who did that, regardless of accessing keys or not, got to keep the games?

[quote name='inm8num2']Should have gifted the games to myself. Seems like anybody who did that, regardless of accessing keys or not, got to keep the games?[/QUOTE]

and a 20% (40) discount too, it seems
[quote name='Larce80']What I got was a forced refund and no games[/QUOTE]
and a 40% discount

[quote name='Stonekeep']and a 20% (40) discount too, it seems

and a 40% discount[/QUOTE]

Isn't it a 36% discount? 20% off coins = 80% paid. .8 * .8 = .64, not .6.

Still a decent discount, will be interested to see what sales they post throughout the year to us the discount on.

I bought and gifted to myself. Only key that worked was skyrim.
Then I received a refund without asking for one and now... I just got an email saying as soon as keys arrive they will be mine.

I'm all for a good deal but I hope they at least charge me 30 bucks again.

[quote name='Stonekeep']and a 20% (40) discount too, it seems

and a 40% discount[/QUOTE]
yea but tbh in 1 year all I bought from there was batman AA goty and Alan wake this sale..so I dont think I'd even get a lot

It's still something, but I don't understand how they came up with this.
"Sure, let's give a free discount (when you had to pay for a 15% discount before) to everyone who took advantage of our glitch"

I'm envious, and petulant... I know. But fuck. I was happy to find a web shop with tons of games (1c) and then this.
[quote name='Larce80']they must be watching this thread...doesnt work on coins now[/QUOTE]

a lot of people knew about the glitch. It's not even 12 in Sweden and yet they're completely silent...

[quote name='Punisher138']this clusterfuck just keeps getting more and more clusterfucked[/QUOTE]

I think this about sums up the two big fiascos and the consequences perfectly.

[quote name='Larce80']they must be watching this thread...doesnt work on coins now[/QUOTE]

Yep, Blue Coin loophole has been fixed. Glad I got C&C Collection earlier with it.

Wow, a discount when there are no good sales left. Thanks Lamersgate.

'[quote name='Stonekeep']It's still something, but I don't understand how they came up with this.
"Sure, let's give a free discount (when you had to pay for a 15% discount before) to everyone who took advantage of our glitch" [/QUOTE]
Not true. The most of people, me included, got the discount from the free IGN Prime trial.

[quote name='Stonekeep']a lot of people knew about the glitch. It's not even 12 in Sweden and yet they're completely silent...[/QUOTE]
Not true. It's almost midnight there.

Chill out, bro.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Yep, Blue Coin loophole has been fixed. Glad I got C&C Collection earlier with it.[/QUOTE]

+1

Had been real tempted to use it on the simcity pre-order but i just couldnt bring myself to pull the trigger at that price even with the discount due to the ridiculous DRM

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']Please don't try to defend this ridiculous decision. The people who nearly crippled this business, then cried about it and bashed the company, are now the ones that are being rewarded. And in turn they're now abusing the discount they've been given by stacking it. Is this the kind of customer GamersGate really wants to keep? At the cost of losing those who did not get the discount? I realize there needs to be some sort of compensation, but 20% for a whole year is idiotic.

GamersGate does not know what they are doing, pure and simple. They have no idea how to fix continual price glitching (it's been going on for MONTHS, this was bound to happen and STILL IS). They lie about the definition of "permanent" and don't actually own up to their mistake. They paint themselves as martyrs in their latest update about the Bethesda fiasco. They give a discount which can be exploited on blue coins because they didn't even test it first. And they give a large percentage of their loyal customer base the shaft.

There is absolutely no reason to support a retailer that doesn't support its customers.[/QUOTE] So the dumb4$$(es) are rewarding @$$H0les? What's the line, "You can't fix stupid"? In terms of the masses breaking the potential great (future) sales store, no one to blame but themselves.

[quote name='poxi']'
Not true. The most of people, me included, got the discount from the free IGN Prime trial.

Not true. It's almost midnight there.

Chill out, bro.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm going out cause I'm raging for nothing :hot:

(Almost midnight, so it's not 12pm yet :D)

[quote name='SlightlyOffTrack']Please don't try to defend this ridiculous decision. The people who nearly crippled this business, then cried about it and bashed the company, are now the ones that are being rewarded. And in turn they're now abusing the discount they've been given by stacking it. Is this the kind of customer GamersGate really wants to keep? At the cost of losing those who did not get the discount? I realize there needs to be some sort of compensation, but 20% for a whole year is idiotic.

There is absolutely no reason to support a retailer that doesn't support its customers.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that a few hundred people purchasing games at a low price could cripple a large business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back