GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disciples III Reincarnation is on sale 75% off at $7.49.

It's an odd game in that it's Steamworks but you can't buy it on Steam so this is apparently the only way to get it. Also it's reported to 3rd party DRM with limited activations in addition to Steamworks so FYI.

I found this entry about the differences between this and the other versions of Disciples III:

http://www.giantbomb.com/disciples-reincarnation/3030-40927/

Disciples: Reincarnation is a single game containing overhauled versions of both Disciples 3: Renaissance and Disciples 3: Resurrection. It introduces a significant number of additions and changes to both games.

The various changes and additions include the introduction of online multiplayer for Disciples 3, naval combat, while there has also been a redrawing of the environments to make the levels more open and the combat arenas smaller. Other differences from the earlier versions include a modified inventory for units, greater statistical feedback, new quests, spells, and a map editor for the creation of custom campaigns.

[quote name='Severose']57% off Farcry 3 already!? Oh.. They decided to raise the price to $69.99... Seems legit.[/QUOTE]

Buy buy buy! If u dont buy u stupid!

[quote name='Idiotekque']gud deel[/QUOTE]

pffsh, it's cheaper for 360, since 360 haz superior gfx

[quote name='Severose']57% off Farcry 3 already!? Oh.. They decided to raise the price to $69.99... Seems legit.[/QUOTE]

No. 40% off $49.99.

Or are you in Canada?

GMG had it for $4 after 20% off or something for a Steam-activated copy during the winter, I believe. It was even cheaper in the UK - my memo from that purchase indicates that I owe my friend $2 for picking up a copy for me.

[quote name='Severose']57% off Farcry 3 already!?[/quote]
Waiting for 75% off or better if it's FC3 alone.
Eventually hoping for a Far Cry 3 + Blood Dragon pack at a nice discount.

Oh.. They decided to raise the price to $69.99... Seems legit.
I thought GG glitches go in the LOWER-price direction....
{Eyebrow raised}

[quote name='WilliamG']Devil May Cry 4 is $4.99 now:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DMC4/devil-may-cry-4

Only bummer is it's not Steam. It's... nothing. Just download, put in key when it loads, the end. How do I know this? I bought it. Still, best price yet, I believe.

And that said, it runs like a dream maxed out with C16xQ AA (I know, wtf with the acronyms).[/QUOTE]

That's a good price but it was $4.76 (iirc) for the Steam version on GMG at Xmas (first time it hit the $5 mark I think).

Also they had DMC 3 SE for the same price, also steam. I have both from retail. DMC 3's PC performance was terrible back in the day (and recall it was a PS2 game) but now my Phenom II X3 720 & GTX 260 can pull a solid 60 FPS @ 1920x1200 easy. Also if you do pick up DMC 3 make sure you have a DirectInput capable controller (Logitech or DualShock 3) otherwise the controls will be whacked on a 360 controller (swapped stick axis, swapped buttons, triggers unusable).

[quote name='asheskitty']That's a good price but it was $4.76 (iirc) for the Steam version on GMG at Xmas (first time it hit the $5 mark I think).

Also they had DMC 3 SE for the same price, also steam. I have both from retail. DMC 3's PC performance was terrible back in the day (and recall it was a PS2 game) but now my Phenom II X3 720 & GTX 260 can pull a solid 60 FPS @ 1920x1200 easy. Also if you do pick up DMC 3 make sure you have a DirectInput capable controller (Logitech or DualShock 3) otherwise the controls will be whacked on a 360 controller (swapped stick axis, swapped buttons, triggers unusable).[/QUOTE]

GMG didn't have DMC 3 for that price.. they don't even carry DMC 3.

[quote name='spoderman']GMG didn't have DMC 3 for that price.. they don't even carry DMC 3.[/QUOTE]

Aah, maybe I got confused with the overlapping $6.79 on steam... I was considering re-buying both on steam for ~$10 total. (but I didn't)

...or maybe it's all the sex, drugs, and symphonic power metal.

[quote name='asheskitty']Aah, maybe I got confused with the overlapping $6.79 on steam... I was considering re-buying both on steam for ~$10 total. (but I didn't)

...or maybe it's all the sex, drugs, and symphonic power metal.[/QUOTE]
Through the fire and the flames we carry on!

Sort of lame that the SP and DLC aren't discounted but $6 is a great price if someone does a 4-pack buy in.

I was a little amused that ME3: Digital Deluxe is on sale for $10 but ME3 is still full price. "Take our PDF art book or get out!"

$6 for Borderlands 2 is awesome. If anyone with 20% off wants to get a 4-pack, let me know. I'm heading to bed now so drop me a PM please!

[quote name='seamoss']4-pack for $30:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-BL24P/borderlands-2-four-pack-bundle

Comes to about $6 per copy with the 20% B-F-U[/QUOTE]

Seems kinda weird getting the whoopsies discount on the Borderlands 2 4-pack considering that this is the very item that got me that discount in the first place. And with that discount, there's only about $8 difference between the price point that was just too low to honor back around the turn of the year. Of course, this is now 5 months later and prices drop over time. But as Alanis Morissette would tell you, it's kinda ironic.

Well, it seems they recently MSRP dropped BL2 to $40, and 75% off for a 8 month old game is well within reason. I'm in UVHM now, and I havent' even touched any of my DLC (Gaige and UVHM-mode excluded)... and I just surpassed my 130 hours of BL1 GOTY.

Mass Effect was $20 and now it's $30 when not on sale. Guess it won't be $5 anytime soon.

[quote name='bshirk']Mass Effect was $20 and now it's $30 when not on sale. Guess it won't be $5 anytime soon.[/QUOTE]
mid year sale probably :p

[quote name='Lemstar']I can host one with the comp discount. PM me if you're interested.[/QUOTE]

you have 20% off coupon? and you going for 4 pack? i can pay for 2 keys ( yes i want two keys).

[quote name='ChelseaGrinK']you have 20% off coupon? and you going for 4 pack? i can pay for 2 keys ( yes i want two keys).[/QUOTE]
Yeah.

Only had one guy PM me so far; hopefully a fourth person will show up.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Sort of lame that the SP and DLC aren't discounted but $6 is a great price if someone does a 4-pack buy in.

I was a little amused that ME3: Digital Deluxe is on sale for $10 but ME3 is still full price. "Take our PDF art book or get out!"[/QUOTE]

It comes with the From Ashes DLC too, which is a good reason to get it over the regular edition. No idea why the digital deluxe version is less. Price is very tempting.. I was waiting for it to hit $7.50, but after the 20% discount, it's close enough.

Seems like a nice BL2 discount, but the more I think about it, the more it seems to make sense to wait for a GOTY version. Given Gearbox's history with this series, such a package is inevitable and it's equally inevitable that it will get massive discounts not long after release.

[quote name='Lemstar']I can host one with the comp discount. PM me if you're interested.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lemstar']Yeah.

Only had one guy PM me so far; hopefully a fourth person will show up.[/QUOTE]

PM'ed you, even if you are full thanks for helping out your fellow CAGs :applause:

I just found out about the 20% *_* but I had just purchased the 4pack for BL2. I haven't viewed the serial keys or downloaded the game yet can I still get a refund?

[quote name='$hady']PM'ed you, even if you are full thanks for helping out your fellow CAGs :applause:[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I'm heading to bed now. I don't think you'll have trouble finding someone else with the discount, though.

[quote name='Sharp Katana']I just found out about the 20% *_* but I had just purchased the 4pack for BL2. I haven't viewed the serial keys or downloaded the game yet can I still get a refund?[/QUOTE]
IIRC, no refunds is one of the things you have to confirm when you make a purchase.

[quote name='Sharp Katana']I just found out about the 20% *_* but I had just purchased the 4pack for BL2. I haven't viewed the serial keys or downloaded the game yet can I still get a refund?[/QUOTE]

Gamersgate policy is to offer refunds for up to 14 days from the date of purchase if the keys are not revealed. So, yes, just submit a support request for a refund and explain that you haven't revealed the keys. It may take a day or more to process the request, not sure how fast they are on weekends.

GG's support is usually pretty generous, so refunds are possible.. but they generally give refunds in blue coins.

Oooh, nice @ Borderlands 2 having a nice 1 pack deal ($10) and a 4 pack deal ($30).
Really good deal.
I don't have that 20% discount, though.
Still, like I said - really good deal, with or without discount.

[quote name='warreni']Seems like a nice BL2 discount, but the more I think about it, the more it seems to make sense to wait for a GOTY version. Given Gearbox's history with this series, such a package is inevitable and it's equally inevitable that it will get massive discounts not long after release.[/QUOTE]

Stop making sense when I am trying to get a deal! :lol:

You're probably right though. I've just been waiting for a cheap deal on this for so long that I got excited but yeah even if I get it cheap now I'll still end up having to grab all the DLC later and even on sale that adds up.

I'm also interested in the $4 torchlight 2 and $6 BL2. Please PM me if you have any of the copy. THanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back