GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
is the 4pack still running? I was just about to go buy one since there seemed to be enough interest but it looks like its up to 10$

Any thoughts on the quality of the games in today's Clancy pack?

$6.25 (or $5 with comp) for:

- Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (aka GRAW 1)
- Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
- EndWar
- HAWX
- Rainbow Six Vegas

I know close to nothing about them aside from "They'd be $1 each".

[quote name='Syntax Error']Any thoughts on the quality of the games in today's Clancy pack?

- EndWar
- HAWX
- Rainbow Six Vegas

I know close to nothing about them aside from "They'd be $1 each".[/QUOTE]
Good deal. Whats the DRM for this ? UPLAY ???

Looking at the individual game, some say "Tages". No idea if that's removed or not but I thought I'd bring it up since I might as well be saying "It comes with Leprosy-Herpes" to some folks.

Ah, good to see they adjusted the price. Last night the same pack was $24.99.

It's a great deal if you haven't played any of them. They are a little dated, but the TC games tend to be pretty good IMO. I have played GRAW, Chaos Theory, and Vegas and they are all good.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Looking at the individual game, some say "Tages". No idea if that's removed or not but I thought I'd bring it up since I might as well be saying "It comes with Leprosy-Herpes" to some folks.[/QUOTE]

No, that would be Starforce.

Chaos Theory had some nasty DRM at retail.

This seems a bit more like a basic activation, though I can't find any information about activation limits.

There is also nothing listed on the DRM for Endwar.

[quote name='gilby']No, that would be Starforce.

Chaos Theory had some nasty DRM at retail.

This seems a bit more like a basic activation, though I can't find any information about activation limits.

There is also nothing listed on the DRM for Endwar.[/QUOTE]

Nah, Tages sucks monkey balls too - it's famous for actually requiring you to install OS device drivers purely for DRM - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagès

Funny enough, most of the 1C games on GG have Starforce, but it's only used like you said: for serial activation.

[quote name='seamoss']Nah, Tages sucks monkey balls too - it's famous for actually requiring you to install OS device drivers purely for DRM - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tagès
[/QUOTE]

Which is different than installing them without notice like Starforce as it existed on Chaos Theory on release.

Discussion on Gamersgate threads has people having problems activating and needing to download updated Tages drivers for their OS. While that is certainly less than ideal, it is at least open and obvious.

[quote name='tfr']hitman absolution is $7.5 now, may be it will go lower in summer[/QUOTE]

Outside of a bundle (which Tony might be able to pull off) the lowest this will likely get is $5 ($20 at 75%) which would bring it down to $4 if you have the additional 20% off.

This would be $6 with the discount so if you have any interest in playing it now, I'd say it's a great price.

Man, I used to play Rollercoaster Tycoon so much as a kid...wasted many hours on one scenario only to find out that I failed o_o

Anyway, $1.50 is an absolute steal for the Deluxe version and it even works on Windows 7 x64

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Oooooooohhhh. Safety Driver has a drunk driving mode. Think I'm going to have to get that one.[/QUOTE]

I saw that, alcohol and drug simulation, this may actually save me a few bucks. Now the question is whether I want to drive a car or motorbike under the influence of drugs and alcohol

edit. that was easy, I went with the motorbike of course

[quote name='MrshllJcb']I saw that, alcohol and drug simulation, this may actually save me a few bucks. Now the question is whether I want to drive a car or motorbike under the influence of drugs and alcohol

edit. that was easy, I went with the motorbike of course[/QUOTE]

I'm actually trying to decide between the two myself. The Car version had an actual screenshot of the drunk driving so I might go with it.

So I've been drunk driving on my scooter and its pretty awesome, it also lets you smoke 3 joints, blow 3 lines, and take a hit of e and drive as well. Its pretty low budget obviously, but also ridiculously hilarious

[quote name='MrshllJcb']So I've been drunk driving on my scooter and its pretty awesome, it also lets you smoke 3 joints, blow 3 lines, and take a hit of e and drive as well. Its pretty low budget obviously, but also ridiculously hilarious[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I might get moto now and car later. Don't have any moto games anyways.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Any thoughts on the quality of the games in today's Clancy pack?

- EndWar
- HAWX
- Rainbow Six Vegas

I know close to nothing about them aside from "They'd be $1 each".[/QUOTE]

Solid games, great price. The Clancy games hold up a bit better graphically than I expected.

...of course you could have gotten GRAW for FREE in Sept 2007... along with Far Cry, PoP, and Rayman Raving Ravids... (adware versions)

I'm confident the DRM on those is unsatisfactory... but at the $1 a game it's hard to complain too much. If I didn't most of it I'd probably buy it... still eyeing HAWX..

[quote name='MrshllJcb']So I've been drunk driving on my scooter and its pretty awesome, it also lets you smoke 3 joints, blow 3 lines, and take a hit of e and drive as well. Its pretty low budget obviously, but also ridiculously hilarious[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Hmm, I might get moto now and car later. Don't have any moto games anyways.[/QUOTE]

>simulator based on teaching driving basics and how to drive safely
>people buy it to have fun driving under the influence

picard_facepalm.jpg

Anyone want to buy X-COM EU for $7.99 paypal? First to PM me with a decent feedback rating gets it.

I've had a pending order just sitting there, decided I probably won't play it soon so might as well sell it to someone else.

And yes.. I know this isn't a trade thread, but I figured the people viewing this thread would appreciate it more ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys am new to gamersgate and how it works.

I was thinking about getting Roller coaster Tycoon Deluxe. Does it work with steam? or is it independent?

Also does it work with windows 8?

[quote name='Pixie Stix 88']hey guys am new to gamersgate and how it works.

I was thinking about getting Roller coaster Tycoon Deluxe. Does it work with steam? or is it independent?

Also does it work with windows 8?[/QUOTE]

Hey, Usually in the front page of every game you can see a description with the DRM attached, in the case of Roller coaster tycoon it says DRM: DRM Free, so it's not steam activated, if it's steam activate it usually displays steam or steamworks, even origin or whatever the DRM is.

I don't know if it works with win 8, probably it does, but you should check the forums or ask Mr Google if it does.

Id check GOG for the description and forums of coaster tycoon. GG sells gog versions so Im assuming since this is an older game that its probably the GOG version. So you could probably get a good idea if it will work from their forums or description

[quote name='Pixie Stix 88']hey guys am new to gamersgate and how it works.

Also does it work with windows 8?[/QUOTE]

It works for me in Win8 using XP SP3 compatibility mode.

Bethesda deals.

Notables: Skyrim for 15, Dishonored for 15, New Vegas UE for 10

Skyrim and Dishonored are a bit cheaper on the UK site after the exchange rate, and their UK site is easy to use, if you feel like it. Roughly 12 dollars that way.

Weird, I think I remember GG stopped selling Bethesda titles after the little oopsie. Indeed searching the GG.com & .co.uk sites doesn't turn up Skyrim or Dishonored, but google fishing does.

Skyrim DLC isn't on sale.

[quote name='PenguinJim']I think this is the first time that the Rage DLC "Scorchers" has been on sale..? $2.49, or slightly more on the UK site.[/QUOTE]

They're out of keys, so if you buy it, you'll have to wait for a key to be added to your account.

[quote name='Izod517']Anyone w/ 20% willing to buy and gift me Dishonored from the UK site with blue coins? It's 11658 blue coins on the UK site. Should be around $10. That's just about my buy price for Dishonored. PJ I'm looking at you brotha.[/QUOTE]

PM'd

Just picked up Dishonored on the UK site for an additional $7 in blue coins, but they say that they are out of CD keys, so it'll be a few days. Fine by me, still have a bunch of college stuff to do anyways.

[quote name='PenguinJim']Sorry, I've got two Skyrims and two Dishonoreds already - GG doesn't allow more than two of the same game in your account.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just noticed this myself. I was gonna offer to help people get copies of Skyrim and/or Dishonored, but when I tried to add each game to my account to see what they'd be after the 20% discount, it wouldn't let me because it said that I already owned two copies.

Which is true enough, I suppose. I managed to snag two copies of the Bethesda pack back in December. But I didn't expect the Bethesda pack to count the same as having bought each game individually. I thought it would have been a separate SKU like the 4-packs.

*shrugs*

[quote name='The End']Yeah, I just noticed this myself. I was gonna offer to help people get copies of Skyrim and/or Dishonored, but when I tried to add each game to my account to see what they'd be after the 20% discount, it wouldn't let me because it said that I already owned two copies.

Which is true enough, I suppose. I managed to snag two copies of the Bethesda pack back in December. But I didn't expect the Bethesda pack to count the same as having bought each game individually. I thought it would have been a separate SKU like the 4-packs.

*shrugs*[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on whether or not you gift out the copies from the packs (as opposed to revealing the Steam keys and parceling those out) so that they are removed from your GG library.

[quote name='The End']Yeah, I just noticed this myself. I was gonna offer to help people get copies of Skyrim and/or Dishonored, but when I tried to add each game to my account to see what they'd be after the 20% discount, it wouldn't let me because it said that I already owned two copies.

*shrugs*[/QUOTE]

Interesting. I was coming here to share my discount but this info takes care of that idea.

[quote name='Razorfish']I think it depends on whether or not you gift out the copies from the packs (as opposed to revealing the Steam keys and parceling those out) so that they are removed from your GG library.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, this appears to be the case.

Back during the whole Bethesda pack brouhaha, I managed to grab the keys for everything except Rage. I ended up gifting that to somebody who bought my second copy of the pack. Thus, it's not associated with my account (unlike the keys for the rest of the games in the pack). So I just went to check & see if I could add Rage to my cart, and other than the fact that the site is slow as hell, I had no problems.

So I guess if you ended up gifting some of the games to people, you should be able to buy extras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back