GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Syntax Error']Am I missing something (ME was never really my bag) or is the Trilogy price representative of a real lack of math?[/QUOTE]

Nah, that's the usual price for the trilogy, it's not exactly the same as the 1+2+3... it has couple bits of DLC, iirc.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Am I missing something (ME was never really my bag) or is the Trilogy price representative of a real lack of math?[/QUOTE]

The trilogy is its own standalone product with its own pricing scheme and also a recent release so it won't be slashed like the individual games. It also contains some DLC... maybe? I forget what the final verdict on that was.

It's $16.76 to buy them individually, which is $13.20 cheaper than the ME Trilogy. But some extra content is listed on the Trilogy page that isn't listed on the individual pages, if you need all the DLC.

• On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk. For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission. For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer.

[quote name='Blade']It's $16.76 to buy them individually, which is $13.20 cheaper than the ME Trilogy. But some extra content is listed on the Trilogy page that isn't listed on the individual pages, if you need all the DLC.[/QUOTE]

Cerberus and Online Pass is included in all PC-copies.
Basically you get one DLC for Mass Effect 1, Pinnacle Station.

Bringdown the Sky should be included, but last time i played activation servers was shutdown. (Had to restart because of this).

[quote name='madjoki']Cerberus and Online Pass is included in all PC-copies.
Basically you get one DLC for Mass Effect 1, Pinnacle Station.

Bringdown the Sky should be included, but last time i played activation servers was shutdown. (Had to restart because of this).[/QUOTE]

Ah, so yeah, it's definitely not a good idea to pay nearly double for the Trilogy when the individual games are so cheap. You could even get ME3 CE and still save nearly $10.

none of the dlc are included for mass effect 3 in the trilogy, but one should really get all story dlc for mass effect 3 before reaching the end.

[quote name='Blade']Ah, so yeah, it's definitely not a good idea to pay nearly double for the Trilogy when the individual games are so cheap. You could even get ME3 CE and still save nearly $10.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I even included the Digital Deluxe editions for ME2 & ME3 and came up with something like $6 or $7 cheaper than the trilogy. As I said, I don't know the ins and outs of ME so thought maybe I missed something obvious.

I can confirm that the Cerberus Network always comes with ME2. I think ME3 Digital Deluxe comes with the From Ashes DLC as well, so it's probably smarter and cheaper to buy them separately and grab the DD version of ME3. From what I've heard, Pinnacle Station really isn't that amazing of DLC.

[quote name='ezelkow1']Anyone know if ME1 will activate on origin, or through the website activation to get it into origin?[/QUOTE]

I believe it activates via website.

Is Gamersgate getting Fallout 3 GOTY keys anytime soon? I bought the game 5 days ago and am still waiting. First-world problems, and all...

[quote name='WilliamG']Is Gamersgate getting Fallout 3 GOTY keys anytime soon? I bought the game 5 days ago and am still waiting. First-world problems, and all...[/QUOTE]

Magic 8-ball says: Definitely Maybe.

[quote name='FireS']Looks like they fixed that one pretty fast xD[/QUOTE]

You know, I thought it was really low. It had $8.74 as the regular price and $2.19 as the sale price. Would have locked in a few copies if I didn't have it it myself or think that most CAGs would be turned off by non-steam.

Is Jagged Alliance Collection a good buy? Never played any games in the series, so I'm not sure how they hold up.

[quote name='ezelkow1']Anyone know if ME1 will activate on origin, or through the website activation to get it into origin?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Izod517']I believe it activates via website.[/QUOTE]

I had to online chat with CS to get my retail ME1 activated on Origin. Though my retail ME2 activated just fine.

[quote name='theclaw']I still have to ask CS about Crysis.

Might try The Godfather, not much discussion online about that game and Origin.[/QUOTE]
The Godfather won't activate on Origin through the client. I have a boxed PC version and the key doesn't work, but I didn't try this via the website or whatever.

The Godfather II, however, does. Again, boxed version, activated on the Origin client's product key entry prompt.

I seriously can't believe Gamersgate haven't gotten their Fallout 3 GOTY (or Skyrim) keys yet. Is something amiss, or is Bethesda unhappy with them again? :)

[quote name='WilliamG']I seriously can't believe Gamersgate haven't gotten their Fallout 3 GOTY (or Skyrim) keys yet. Is something amiss, or is Bethesda unhappy with them again? :)[/QUOTE]

Did your method of payment not go through? I'd make sure you were definitely charged for them on your end first, then approach GG with whatever information you can muster.

[quote name='Blade']Did your method of payment not go through? I'd make sure you were definitely charged for them on your end first, then approach GG with whatever information you can muster.[/QUOTE]

Payment definitely went through. Heck, if you add Skyrim or Fallout 3 GOTY to your cart, you'll see it says they're out of keys. I got the Fallout New Vegas Ultimate key with no trouble in the same transaction.

[quote name='Larce80']If you didnt play Koa yet....well now you really need to[/QUOTE]

Playing a game *before* its sequel comes out? That's crazy talk.

So apparently if you gift the game out, it doesn't count towards your two copies per account limit? In that case I'll be around all day starting about an hour from now for anyone who needs the 20% off for Amalur (or most other stuff, if you're not into waiting for daily deals ;))

Edit: Nevermind, it looks like with the bundle deals you're not able to gift the bundle 'container', only the pieces inside of it, so there's still the limit of two which I've now hit :whistle2:(

Last edited by a moderator:
So I bought the Sims 3 starter pack onsale from GamersGates I was sent a product code but they never sent me a serial key to activate on Origin. Thankfully an EA rep generated some new keys for me. This will be my first and last purchase from gamersgate.

[quote name='madjoki']The Sims 3 sold elsewhere doesn't activate in Origin, but at The Sims 3 site.

Enjoy your free The Sims 3:applause:[/QUOTE]

Are you sure because under the directions provided by gamersgate it says to log into Origin and then redeem my code.

[quote name='asheskitty']Playing a game *before* its sequel comes out? That's crazy talk.[/QUOTE]

Kingdoms of Amalur will never get a sequel, your logic is flawed >

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Today's deal is KoA Collection for $7.49 (or $5.99 after discount). Probably the best deal on the bundle yet. Origin only of course.[/QUOTE]

Very tempting. I wonder how likely a steam sale is??

[quote name='WilliamG']Payment definitely went through. Heck, if you add Skyrim or Fallout 3 GOTY to your cart, you'll see it says they're out of keys. I got the Fallout New Vegas Ultimate key with no trouble in the same transaction.[/QUOTE]

Finally the key came through for Fallout 3 GOTY, so those of you who have been waiting, check your Game Library on the site.

[quote name='gus311']Are you sure because under the directions provided by gamersgate it says to log into Origin and then redeem my code.[/QUOTE]
Sims 3 always registers on the Sims 3 site, never Origin. Common misconception.

Todays deal is settlers 7 deluxe gold for 75% - $4.99
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-S7DGE/settlers-7-deluxe-gold-edition

I think thats the cheapest its ever been

personally been waitin for a good sale on this one, and its hard to beat 4.99. Its serial also works with the upc_uplay_id trick, so it got registered directly in my uplay account so I dont have to deal with gamersgate, dont know if that has all the dlc though so Im still downloading it through GG first for the first install, but in case I lose the backup at least I will have some copy

[quote name='ezelkow1']Todays deal is settlers 7 deluxe gold for 75% - $4.99
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-S7DGE/settlers-7-deluxe-gold-edition

I think thats the cheapest its ever been

personally been waitin for a good sale on this one, and its hard to beat 4.99. Its serial also works with the upc_uplay_id trick, so it got registered directly in my uplay account so I dont have to deal with gamersgate, dont know if that has all the dlc though so Im still downloading it through GG first for the first install, but in case I lose the backup at least I will have some copy[/QUOTE]

I haven't played one of these before. How do they compare to civ?

After the long always-on DRM saga (no longer always-online as of a few months back), I lost interest in Settlers 7. It's like an enticing chocolate coated with an DRM feces. They wiped the highly objectionable DRM feces off, do I still want to eat it? I already settled on, "sour grapes."

yea, that was the last thing I was waiting for too was the drm, and its gone, so thats when it got thrown on the buy list

[quote name='pROvIs']I haven't played one of these before. How do they compare to civ?[/QUOTE]

I only just started playing the series with II-10th anniversary from GOG, and now 7 this morning, so thats as far as my knowledge extends. Its more like an economy RTS type of thing, its nowhere near civ really. You build up your settlement with various things, finish goals for a mission, fight your neighbors

[quote name='pROvIs']Are there any current discount codes like eldergeek that still work?[/QUOTE]

If you have the bethesda discount I don't think they stack. If you don't have the discount me or any other CAG probably who has the discount would be happy to help you with it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']If you have the bethesda discount I don't think they stack. If you don't have the discount me or any other CAG probably who has the discount would be happy to help you with it.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the offer. I was thinking for some reason there was a newer replacement for eldergeek.

If anyone with a Beth-fuck discount wants to help, I'd appreciate it.

[quote name='pROvIs']I appreciate the offer. I was thinking for some reason there was a newer replacement for eldergeek.

If anyone with a Beth-fuck discount wants to help, I'd appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

The latest code I think was supposed to work is "elder-geek.com" but I'm not sure if it still works.

PM me if you still need help with it.

Just got elder-geek.com to work. Took two tries though. Maybe user error on my end the first time around.

0DXNYTd.png

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']The latest code I think was supposed to work is "elder-geek.com" but I'm not sure if it still works.

PM me if you still need help with it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll PM you. Looks like that still works as well.

You are starting to feel like a dealer.

*approaches fox in a dark alley*
Pst... need any indies? cheap games? I'm your fox
*as he extends his trench coat revealing the games*

2w4lfgh.jpg

[quote name='pROvIs']Thanks, I'll PM you. Looks like that still works as well.

You are starting to feel like a dealer.

*approaches fox in a dark alley*
Pst... need any indies? cheap games? I'm your fox
*as he extends his trench coat revealing the games*

2w4lfgh.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This is exactly how I picture myself.

Another deal today:

Deadspace 3 Two Pack for $48.71 after 20% off so that is 24.35 a copy.

Not bad at all.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']This is exactly how I picture myself.

Another deal today:

Deadspace 3 Two Pack for $48.71 after 20% off so that is 24.35 a copy.

Not bad at all.[/QUOTE]
Would be good... if the game hadn't been bundled with video cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back