GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='MysterD']Sims 3 games, stuff packs, expansions, bundles, etc on sale today.
Sims 3: Showtime - Regular Edition [Expansion] (80% off) = $6
Most of them Sims 3 products = 60% off

EDIT:
I'm in for Showtime Regular.[/QUOTE]

That's a crazy cheap price for Showtime. Comes to around $5 if you have the IGN discount. IMHO it is one of the better Sims 3 expansions. You aren't missing much by not getting the Katie Perry extras either.

[quote name='mombbsmj']Thanks for the heads up on The Sims. Just picked up Showtime and it activated on Origin as the Limited Edition.[/QUOTE]

I activated it on Sims3.com and yeah...and then it showed up on Origin as LE, as well. :)
Must be LE b/c of the extra Venue & Stage stuff that comes w/ it? [shrug]

Regardless - I like Showtime quite a bit; and LOVE the travelling DJ booth. :D

[quote name='Greyghost']That's a crazy cheap price for Showtime. Comes to around $5 if you have the IGN discount. IMHO it is one of the better Sims 3 expansions. You aren't missing much by not getting the Katie Perry extras either.[/QUOTE]
I really liked Late Night - and this (Showtime) to me looked like Late Night Pt 2. :D
So far, liking Showtime. :D

[quote name='MysterD']Sims 3 games, stuff packs, expansions, bundles, etc on sale today.
Sims 3: Showtime - Regular Edition [Expansion] (80% off) = $6
Most of them Sims 3 products = 60% off

EDIT:
I'm in for Showtime Regular.[/QUOTE]

There are 2 stuff packs (Master Suite and Outdoor Living) at 80% off as well for $3.40 after IGN discount. I assume these are price errors as Showtime is no longer 80% off.

For the weekend we got Assassin's Creed 1, 2 (Deluxe), and Brotherhood for $5 each ($7.50 for deluxe Brotherhood).
Assassin's Creed Revelations is $12.
Also 30% blue coins for Assassin's Creed 3.

The AC Complete pack is $20 but its worth noting that it doesn't include AC Revelations.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Wow, that's really disappointing. Don't know why I assumed IGN would have better CS.[/QUOTE]

Two weeks and still zero response. I sent in another ticket, and we'll see what happens. *sigh*

[quote name='Umair56']For the weekend we got Assassin's Creed 1, 2 (Deluxe), and Brotherhood for $5 each ($7.50 for deluxe Brotherhood).
Assassin's Creed Revelations is $12.
Also 30% blue coins for Assassin's Creed 3.

The AC Complete pack is $20 but its worth noting that it doesn't include AC Revelations.[/QUOTE]

You can get Assasin's Creed 3 Deluxe for a net of $32.98 after IGN and including Blue Coins.

$64.99
-$9.75 ign discount
$55.24 out of pocket

19497 BLC. BONUS
2762 BLC. 5% OF ORDER TOTAL
22259 BLC TOTAL.

$22.26 in store credit

Making the game a net cost of $32.98

You could of course get standard a bit cheaper. Net of $25.35

Didn't AC: Revelation from GG last time actually unlock the Gold edition with the DLC? I wonder if that'll be the case this time.

Edit: Just looked. Yup, that was GamersGate. Came with Mediterranean Travelers Pack, Lost Archives and Ancestors DLC. I'm not saying it will this time around.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Didn't AC: Revelation from GG last time actually unlock the Gold edition with the DLC? I wonder if that'll be the case this time.

Edit: Just looked. Yup, that was GamersGate. Came with Mediterranean Travelers Pack, Lost Archives and Ancestors DLC. I'm not saying it will this time around.[/QUOTE]

That might push me over but I think the dlc is all multiplayer anyway which I'm not interested in.

I have all the games on 360 and haven't played any but the first. Every time they go on sale on pc I debate rebuying them. They supposidly arent much better on pc performance wise and you have to deal with all the crappy ubi drm. They patched a lot of it out though. My problem is I've gotten to the point that if I don't have it on pc I don't think about it and don't play it. If these were on steam I'd probably jump on the deal.

Awesome, picked up Brotherhood: Deluxe and Revelations for less than $20!

Now time to blast through these so I can be caught up for AC III and AC III: Liberation!

[quote name='gentlyporking']Awesome, picked up Brotherhood: Deluxe and Revelations for less than $20![/QUOTE]
Did Revelation come with the Gold edition DLC codes?

[quote name='Syntax Error']Did Revelation come with the Gold edition DLC codes?[/QUOTE]

Not sure. Purchase came with codes for DLC 1, Mediterranean Travelers Pack and The Lost Archive DLC.

Did all that come in the Gold edition?

*sigh* I signed up for Prime two weeks ago and still haven't gotten any response from support about their broken webpage for the prime discount.

But got Brotherhood anyway.

How's the PC versions of these games? Are they crummy console ports or is it worth it to go ahead and pick up. I'm not really concerned about always on DRM (Just happy they stopped using Starforce it killed a few devices of mine a few years ago).

[quote name='SpeedyG']How's the PC versions of these games? Are they crummy console ports or is it worth it to go ahead and pick up. I'm not really concerned about always on DRM (Just happy they stopped using Starforce it killed a few devices of mine a few years ago).[/QUOTE]

I finished Assassin's Creed II on both the Xbox 360 and PC. I'd have to say the PC version was very well done. The game looked considerably better at true 1920 x 1080 and smoother at 60 FPS. Even though I bought every AC game on the 360, after playing the PC version of AC2, it makes me want to rebuy all of them on PC. Unfortunately I will be getting AC3 for PS3 for the extra missions though.

I would advise not using the cloud saving functionality of these games though if you play on multiple PCs (like between home and work for example). It's pretty unreliable. Just disable it and use your local saves instead.

I've beaten AC2 & AC:B on the PC, they were both great and pretty. Plays well with a controller (didn't try KB/M). Always-online DRM was patched out ages ago. Just started on AC:R last night and it seems to be also well done on the PC. There's never been any complaints about AC on the PC, so I think you may be confused with something else.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Is there any way to add Assassin's Creed Revelations to your UPlay account?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I bought AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations. Once downloaded and installed all attach to your uplay account.

[quote name='pROvIs']Yes. I bought AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations. Once downloaded and installed all attach to your uplay account.[/QUOTE]

Okay, thanks. I was hoping this would be like Origin and Steam where I can redeem the code but choose whether to install it or not. Hard drive space is very low and I won't get to AC:Revelations for a while so I'd rather not install it. Any idea if I download, install, redeem and install it whether or not it will still show up in "My Games" on UPlay?

The silly thing about this UPlay is that I have Steam versions of games that require UPlay, that launch in their own UPlay instance but I can only see that game and not the others. It would be nice if I had one place for all UPlay games.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Is there any way to add Assassin's Creed Revelations to your UPlay account?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pROvIs']Yes. I bought AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations. Once downloaded and installed all attach to your uplay account.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Okay, thanks. I was hoping this would be like Origin and Steam where I can redeem the code but choose whether to install it or not. Hard drive space is very low and I won't get to AC:Revelations for a while so I'd rather not install it. Any idea if I download, install, redeem and install it whether or not it will still show up in "My Games" on UPlay?

The silly thing about this UPlay is that I have Steam versions of games that require UPlay, that launch in their own UPlay instance but I can only see that game and not the others. It would be nice if I had one place for all UPlay games.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but games do not attach to your account like origin or steam. Yes, the serial code attachs to uplay but you cant install the game from uplay, you have to download the game from gamersgate/steam.

The only way you can download the game from uplay is if you bought the game from uplay client itself or ubisoft store page. If you dont believe me uninstall your game from steam or gamersgate and it will dissapear from uplay client.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Okay, thanks. I was hoping this would be like Origin and Steam where I can redeem the code but choose whether to install it or not. Hard drive space is very low and I won't get to AC:Revelations for a while so I'd rather not install it. Any idea if I download, install, redeem and install it whether or not it will still show up in "My Games" on UPlay?

The silly thing about this UPlay is that I have Steam versions of games that require UPlay, that launch in their own UPlay instance but I can only see that game and not the others. It would be nice if I had one place for all UPlay games.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that as long as they didn't come from steam they work that way. Sadly, uplay doesn't have anywhere to enter in a serial number until a game is installed and launched. At least I can't find one.

Mid-Week Sale -> Risen series = 66-75% off

The Risen Complete Collection [includes Risen 1 (DRM-FREE) & Risen 2: Dark Waters (base game) (Steam) + ALL 3 of the Risen 2 DLC's (Steam)] = $31.55

Risen 2 products = 66% off each -> ALL of these Risen 2 products require STEAM
Risen 2: Dark Waters - Collection (includes ALL Risen 2 content listed below) = $22.10
Risen 2: Dark Waters (base game) = $17
Risen 2: Dark Waters - Air Temple DLC = $3.38
Risen 2: Dark Waters - Treasure Island DLC = $3.38
Risen 2: Dark Waters - A Pirate's Clothes DLC = $1.02

Risen 1 -> DRM-FREE Edition (75% off) = $5

Risen 2 Collection - $22.10
Risen 1 - $4.99
Risen Complete Collection - $31.55

I like how adding the $4.99 original Risen to the $22.10 Risen 2 collection makes it cost about $10 more :roll:

Any thoughts on Risen and Risen 2? I keep reading the combat is absolutely horrible. For those that have played is it as bad as people make it out to be?

[quote name='CaptainSlow']Any thoughts on Risen and Risen 2? I keep reading the combat is absolutely horrible. For those that have played is it as bad as people make it out to be?[/QUOTE]

Risen is available to play for free on Gamersgate VOID. Try it out there and see how much you like it. Or play through it all the way and if you like it then wait for the next Risen 2 sale :)

[quote name='ochentay4']I'm sorry but games do not attach to your account like origin or steam. Yes, the serial code attachs to uplay but you cant install the game from uplay, you have to download the game from gamersgate/steam.

The only way you can download the game from uplay is if you bought the game from uplay client itself or ubisoft store page. If you dont believe me uninstall your game from steam or gamersgate and it will dissapear from uplay client.[/QUOTE]

Btw I tested this because it didn't sound right. It is absolutely untrue. Stam copies of the game do function how you mentioned.

However I bought assassins creed 2 from gamers gate. I installed it and it launched uplay with all my other uplay games and asked for a serial number. I put it in and the game worked great and shows up next to titles purchased from uplay directly. So I went a step further and uninstalled the game. I closed uplay and reopened it and the game was till there and had a download tab. I clicked the download button and it started downloading.

[quote name='pROvIs']Btw I tested this because it didn't sound right. It is absolutely untrue. Stam copies of the game do function how you mentioned.

However I bought assassins creed 2 from gamers gate. I installed it and it launched uplay with all my other uplay games and asked for a serial number. I put it in and the game worked great and shows up next to titles purchased from uplay directly. So I went a step further and uninstalled the game. I closed uplay and reopened it and the game was till there and had a download tab. I clicked the download button and it started downloading.[/QUOTE]
:applause: Real testing, FTW!

[quote name='pROvIs']Btw I tested this because it didn't sound right. It is absolutely untrue. Stam copies of the game do function how you mentioned.

However I bought assassins creed 2 from gamers gate. I installed it and it launched uplay with all my other uplay games and asked for a serial number. I put it in and the game worked great and shows up next to titles purchased from uplay directly. So I went a step further and uninstalled the game. I closed uplay and reopened it and the game was till there and had a download tab. I clicked the download button and it started downloading.[/QUOTE]

It's inconsistent. Some people have gotten their Steam copies to register/show up on the plain Uplay client.. while others haven't (like me).

[quote name='sunghost']It's inconsistent. Some people have gotten their Steam copies to register/show up on the plain Uplay client.. while others haven't (like me).[/QUOTE]

I agree it's inconsistent with steam. I think other sources will register though.

Hmm, this is strange as I tested it with POP Sands of Time (Gamersgate), ACRevelations (Gamersgate) and The Dust (Steam) and they do not show up on Uplay after uninstalling. I will recheck again with gamersgate copies later on.

[quote name='ochentay4']Hmm, this is strange as I tested it with POP Sands of Time (Gamersgate), ACRevelations (Gamersgate) and The Dust (Steam) and they do not show up on Uplay after uninstalling. I will recheck again with gamersgate copies later on.[/QUOTE]

AC revelations on gamers gate worked for me the as,e way, so I'm not sure if it was patched in or what.

Krater sale (b/c of CoOp Launch Day today) = 50% off

Krater requires STEAM

Krater: Shadows Over Solside - Regular Ed
-> 1 pack = $7.48
-> 2 pack = $14.95

Krater: Shadows Over Solside - Collector's Ed
-- Contains Krater: SOS + Dr. Cerebro Character Pack DLC + Digital soundtrack (12 tracks by Christian Gabel)
-> 1 pack = $10
-> 2 pack = $19.99

sounds more like yet another steam bug. That POS has never worked consistently or played nice with any other download client / store.

I remember this was also true for some Impulse games. Non-steam versions would grant you a free Impulse version, steam versions just were unwilling to work.

Hey I'm looking to sign up for Gamersgate void service. It looks like if someone wants to recruit me for it then they'll receive a day off the cooldown time of their slot. Send me a PM if you're interested in inviting me. Otherwise, I'll just sign up on my own. But I figured that I should throw the opportunity out first.

[quote name='DeliveryPizza']Hey I'm looking to sign up for Gamersgate void service. It looks like if someone wants to recruit me for it then they'll receive a day off the cooldown time of their slot. Send me a PM if you're interested in inviting me. Otherwise, I'll just sign up on my own. But I figured that I should throw the opportunity out first.[/QUOTE]

PM sent. :)

[quote name='sunghost']It's inconsistent. Some people have gotten their Steam copies to register/show up on the plain Uplay client.. while others haven't (like me).[/QUOTE]

I'm in this boat. Heroes of Might and Magic 6 shows up in the Steam launched UPlay but regular UPlay launch only shows me Settlers 7 and Assassin's Creed Revelations.

[quote name='CaptainSlow']I'm in this boat. Heroes of Might and Magic 6 shows up in the Steam launched UPlay but regular UPlay launch only shows me Settlers 7 and Assassin's Creed Revelations.[/QUOTE]

Again. I'm not saying its supposed to function that way with Steam. In general Ubi games from steam don't appear to register on uplay.

What I am saying is that Ubi games with serial numbers purchased elsewhere appear to activate on uplay. It may not be 100% but there is a very good chance.

GamersGate is awesome. Assassin's Creed 3 Deluxe was $64.99, before anything like IGN discount. And they give you 30% back in Blue Coins. This is the kind of deals that completely killed steam for me :D

Also, Settlers weekend looks tempting. Anyone can recommend any of the Settlers game? Never played any of them.

[quote name='Umair56']Killing Floore is also under $5. Kind of tempted to use up my remaining blue coins on it.[/QUOTE]

Yessir. I bought a six pack. Cheaper than steam...lol

[quote name='DarkPGR']GamersGate is awesome. Assassin's Creed 3 Deluxe was $64.99, before anything like IGN discount. And they give you 30% back in Blue Coins. This is the kind of deals that completely killed steam for me :D

Also, Settlers weekend looks tempting. Anyone can recommend any of the Settlers game? Never played any of them.[/QUOTE]

Settlers 7 is pretty good. I would recommend if you have interest. 5 and 6 not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back