GamersGate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A discount code for 30% off Dark Souls just dropped on Twitter: DARK-SOULS-TWITTER-GGW43

It stacks with the IGN discount for a final price of $21.97, which is the cheapest I've seen the PC version so far.

[quote name='MysterD']Dark Souls: PTD will be $20 on Amazon DVG starting this upcoming Sunday.[/QUOTE]
Ooh, that's awesome to know. The GG deal could still be better for those with a bonny pile of blue coins, though. :)

[quote name='mokmoof']Ooh, that's awesome to know. The GG deal could still be better for those with a bonny pile of blue coins, though. :)[/QUOTE]

And those of us who haven't yet adjusted to the "oh yeah, now I've gotta pay sales tax @ Amazon"

[quote name='asheskitty']And those of us who haven't yet adjusted to the "oh yeah, now I've gotta pay sales tax @ Amazon"[/QUOTE]

Still no sales tax in AZ... The one benefit to living here, I guess.

[quote name='asheskitty']And those of us who haven't yet adjusted to the "oh yeah, now I've gotta pay sales tax @ Amazon"[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zen Rukasu']Still no sales tax in AZ... The one benefit to living here, I guess.[/QUOTE]

No tax on PC game downloads here in MA, either.

30% off Gods & Kings Civ V expansion with code CIV5GK-GOLDEN-JOYSTICK. If public education taught me how to math good, that's $21 after discount (plus whatever the IGN discount is).

Might be cheaper during one of the upcoming holiday sales hither and yon.

In case anyone didn't get The Darkness II deal from Amazon this week (like me) GamersGate has The Darkness II 4-pack for 75% off at $22.49 (Activates on Steam since it uses Steamworks)

Taking $5.50 each (Its $12.49 on Steam now or $37.49 for 4-pack)

Planning to host, PM me if anyone is interested in a copy

1) ME
2) crzyjoeguy
3) evildeadjedi
4)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']lol... well it is not steam... so you have that... but with discount you could have spent 4.25 vs. 7.49[/QUOTE]

Hmm... Feels like this has happened before.

Me: "It's not gonna get cheaper than this, better buy it."

Steam (Next day): "Jade Empire 75% off!"

FML...

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']lol... well it is not steam... so you have that... but with discount you could have spent 4.25 vs. 7.49[/QUOTE]
You get about $0.21 back in Blue Coins as well, so it's about ~$4. :D Edit: forgot the $0.20 for reviewing and rating it, too. Still, at least Steam has a nice client. ;)

Very happy I didn't bite on Steam yesterday. :bouncy: Finally cleared out the blue coins I'd accumulated through pre-orders, purchases and reviews.

[quote name='Severose']Hmm... Feels like this has happened before.

Me: "It's not gonna get cheaper than this, better buy it."

Steam (Next day): "Jade Empire 75% off!"

FML...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pROvIs']I hate how as a CAG I now have to choose between price and steam. It never used to be this way *cry*[/QUOTE]

If it were DRM-free, I'd probably be kinda pissed. But since Gamersgate's version has SecuROM, I'd rather have it on steam (yes, I know steam is DRM, but it's convenient). Not that I'm all that fanatical about wanting DRM-free versions of games, but it's enough of a factor to not be bothered about paying the extra $3.

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']Bought Ghostbusters. Neat little gem. Added to my Sacred 2 gem.[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda surprised that they still have the game for purchase. It's been yanked from every other digital store on the web. I had to trade a copy of King's Bounty Platinum to get my copy on steam.

[quote name='The End']If it were DRM-free, I'd probably be kinda pissed. But since Gamersgate's version has SecuROM, I'd rather have it on steam (yes, I know steam is DRM, but it's convenient). Not that I'm all that fanatical about wanting DRM-free versions of games, but it's enough of a factor to not be bothered about paying the extra $3.

I'm kinda surprised that they still have the game for purchase. It's been yanked from every other digital store on the web. I had to trade a copy of King's Bounty Platinum to get my copy on steam.[/QUOTE]

Steam version has additional DRM too though, so it's really a wash. Securom has a bad rep but it's just as bad/benign as anything else nowadays.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Steam version has additional DRM too though, so it's really a wash. Securom has a bad rep but it's just as bad/benign as anything else nowadays.[/QUOTE]

If a game has a Steam Version, the Steam Version should use Steam ONLY for DRM...and that's it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Steam version has additional DRM too though, so it's really a wash. Securom has a bad rep but it's just as bad/benign as anything else nowadays.[/QUOTE]

You're trying to make me feel bad, aren't you?

Now all I have to cling to is the convenience of Steam. :(

You can use promo code G2PO for 5% off a purchase. No idea if it stacks with IGN discount or not.

5% obviously ain't much but it took a quarter off my Dead Rising 2 purchase for no effort on my end so why not?

Huh, it works on Blue Coin purchases as well. I bought 1,000 coins for 95¢ -- Sticking it to the man!

Edit: Code is reusable.

[quote name='MysterD']If a game has a Steam Version, the Steam Version should use Steam ONLY for DRM...and that's it.[/QUOTE]

This is definitely the way it should be.

[quote name='The End']You're trying to make me feel bad, aren't you?

Now all I have to cling to is the convenience of Steam. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah, I already have it on PS3 so I would probably have been in your boat otherwise. Sad thing, is I am still tempted for the gamersgate version for being so cheap and getting me a foolish minion. Damn you GG and your stupid minions.

[quote name='Syntax Error']You can use promo code G2PO for 5% off a purchase. No idea if it stacks with IGN discount or not.

5% obviously ain't much but it took a quarter off my Dead Rising 2 purchase for no effort on my end so why not?[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Put me over the edge to get that Haunted House game.

Edit:

You want to know how evil I am? Once said it worked on blue coins - I bought blue coins with discount. Then bought the game with the blue coins AND the discount and IGN discount! Double 5% dip for the win!!!

Yessir. Stocked up on some blue coins for the winter sale. Probably will last me through next summer since I only want like 2 games come winter, but figure why not.

I dunno about stocking up blue coins.. It seems like you don't get the 5% Blue Coin reward by buying blue coins, so effectively you aren't saving anything by using the coupon on blue coins?

EDIT: nevermind, I need to revise my maths :X

Remember, if you aren't completely sure you're going to buy something from Gamersgate during the upcoming sales, you can always begin the transaction for the discounted coins right now, and complete it in the future per this earlier post.

[quote name='Syntax Error']You can use promo code G2PO for 5% off a purchase.
No idea if it stacks with IGN discount or not.

5% obviously ain't much but it took a quarter off my Dead Rising 2 purchase for no effort on my end so why not?

Huh, it works on Blue Coin purchases as well. I bought 1,000 coins for 95¢ -- Sticking it to the man!

Edit:
Code is reusable.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']You want to know how evil I am? Once said it worked on blue coins - I bought blue coins with discount. Then bought the game with the blue coins AND the discount and IGN discount! Double 5% dip for the win!!![/QUOTE]

Ooh, awesome, thanks! Just bought 5,000 blue coins and then Dead Rising 2 both with code. Seriously tempted to pickup $20 in blue coins for future sales ; I seem to buy from GG often enough...

[quote name='stapleking']Remember, if you aren't completely sure you're going to buy something from Gamersgate during the upcoming sales, you can always begin the transaction for the discounted coins right now, and complete it in the future per this earlier post.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reminder.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Great game. How much was it recently on Steam? Tempted to double dip since I used to have this on 360.[/QUOTE]
$5 I think. It was a good game when it came out but It's almost 8 years old. It had plenty of flaws as well but it was unique enough that you could look past them. I'm not sure how well it held up but is suspect bot well.

It was $7.50 on the Steam Halloween sale, and I said, "This game is old and should be cheaper". And now it is and I still don't want to buy it because I can wait for it to be this price again.

I feel sorry for anyone who bought anything directly from steam, GamersGate had a lot of games either cheaper because of IGN / Loyalty Program, or just plain out cheaper.

BTW, IGN has codes again, so if anyone was waiting on them to get their shit together, go grab them!

Also, GG Support gave me back 15% on purchases I made this last month because of IGN's screwup. So happy :D

This is also a great deal for those looking for Assassin's Creed 3 for cheap:

Buy $48 worth of blue coins for $45.60
Pay $47.45 in Blue Coins for the game (After G2PO code)

You get 24850 ($24.85) back in Blue Coins for the purchase (with IGN Code included), plus the 550 left for 25400 ($25.40) back. Essentially, you get the game for $22 and change.

[quote name='DarkPGR']This is also a great deal for those looking for Assassin's Creed 3 for cheap:

Buy $48 worth of blue coins for $45.60
Pay $47.45 in Blue Coins for the game (After G2PO code)

You get 24850 ($24.85) back in Blue Coins for the purchase (with IGN Code included), plus the 550 left for 25400 ($25.40) back. Essentially, you get the game for $22 and change.[/QUOTE]

That's a pretty good deal. It was a bit better a few weeks ago during the assassins creed week because the deluxe version was only 64.99.

[quote name='pROvIs']That's a pretty good deal. It was a bit better a few weeks ago during the assassins creed week because the deluxe version was only 64.99.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got in on that deal. Still for anyone who missed out on that, this is the next best, and probably the best price for the PC version for at least the next 6 months.

[quote name='pROvIs']You can get Assasin's Creed 3 Deluxe for a net of $32.98 after IGN and including Blue Coins.

$64.99
-$9.75 ign discount
$55.24 out of pocket

19497 BLC. BONUS
2762 BLC. 5% OF ORDER TOTAL
22259 BLC TOTAL.

$22.26 in store credit

Making the game a net cost of $32.98

You could of course get standard a bit cheaper. Net of $25.35[/QUOTE]

For reference. Looks like base game is a better deal now but not deluxe.

You think that's bad... don't look at the GoG weekend sale then...
$2.39 for Syndicate, Dungeon Keeper 1, 2, NOX, Populus, Alpha Centauri, Ultima Games, Wing Commander Games... I feel certain I'll be at least $12 poorer by Monday.

They just posted a code for 30% off Darksiders II : DARK2-FACE-BOOK-30GG

Most likely stacks with everything so you can get the game really cheap :p

[quote name='DarkPGR']They just posted a code for 30% off Darksiders II : DARK2-FACE-BOOK-30GG

Most likely stacks with everything so you can get the game really cheap :p[/QUOTE]

The way thq is going pretty soon they will pay me to play their games.

Code is now working! DARK2-FACE-BOOK-30GG

Stacks with IGN, doesn't stack with G2PO (you can still use G2PO to buy the coins and then use those to buy the game)

Glad IGN got their act together. I know a few others were struggling with that so maybe it is fixed for them too.

And man is that a great deal for Ass Creed III. No chance that game will run smoothly for me so I am passing, but a 20ish pre order is crazy! Tempted to pre order Agricultural Simulator 2013 though! lol...

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Glad IGN got their act together. I know a few others were struggling with that so maybe it is fixed for them too.

And man is that a great deal for Ass Creed III. No chance that game will run smoothly for me so I am passing, but a 20ish pre order is crazy! Tempted to pre order Agricultural Simulator 2013 though! lol...[/QUOTE]

The Ac games run on pretty old tech and engine. You might be surprised. I know Ac3 is supposed to have a dx11 option though.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Glad IGN got their act together. I know a few others were struggling with that so maybe it is fixed for them too.

And man is that a great deal for Ass Creed III. No chance that game will run smoothly for me so I am passing, but a 20ish pre order is crazy! Tempted to pre order Agricultural Simulator 2013 though! lol...[/QUOTE]

OK, how do you get it for $20ish?

Hold my hand and walk me through this...

[quote name='simpsonps121']OK, how do you get it for $20ish?

Hold my hand and walk me through this...[/QUOTE]

Follow the instructions from the last page.

[quote name='simpsonps121']:) Fair enough.

Where does it state the blue coin extra credit? Or is it all pre-order games?[/QUOTE]

All pre-orders ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back