Gamersgate: Titans Quest Gold $10, EVE Online $8

Kurina

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
JOY!!!

I already own both Titan Quest and Titan Quest: Immortal Throne (both of which comprise Titan Quest Gold) and let me tell you, friends -- this pack ROCKS!

There was a recent deal posted here about a ~$3.99 download deal for just Titan Quest, but this deal trumps it easily. TQ was a great game, but the Immortal Throne expansion makes it a hundred times better. The UI was improved with needed tweaks, and the introduction of Artifacts and Enchanters REALLY gives the game even more ways to fine-tune and improve your character. Needless to say, install both and start from the beginning (the expansion effects everything).

It's a shame that Iron Lore had to shut down, as Titan Quest and the expansion really were labors of love. One can argue that the game levels were linear (as opposed to the randomization of levels in Diablo II or Sacred), but that is hardly something to balk about in my opinion. The game is huge, and there are countless items and things to combine in the game.

I can't recommend the game highly enough.

I'll second what NeoGutsman said: TQ Gold is the best "Diablo clone" since Diablo II, and will likely only be topped by Diablo III. It's really THE game for your loot grinding needs. If you have a computer that can run this, and you're suffering through Sacred II on the 360 or something, you need to rectify your situation, post haste.

[quote name='trq']I'll second what NeoGutsman said: TQ Gold is the best "Diablo clone" since Diablo II, and will likely only be topped by Diablo III. It's really THE game for your loot grinding needs. If you have a computer that can run this, and you're suffering through Sacred II on the 360 or something, you need to rectify your situation, post haste
iy.gif
.[/QUOTE]
I totally agree with you on that one, its a very good game, All the people that I have talked to agree with me.

I have TQ and can play 2 people co-op lan with the same copy.
Does anyone know if 2 people can co-op lan immortal throne with 1 copy? or do you need to buy it twice?

I'll just reinforce what everybody else has been saying by saying that Titan Quest (and the expansion) is probably the best bet for your dungeon crawling needs until Diablo III comes out.

You'd be a fool to pass on this deal!

Titan Quest gold is awesome. I picked it up for $15 from the STEAM holiday sale last year and had a blast with it.

All fans of the genre buy it now and play it until Diablo 3 comes out.

Man, I'm so tapped right now...I have original game but not Immortal Throne. I enjoyed the original but wanted to wait for expansion to drop. My wallet hates me right now.

I still have Loki CE and Two Thrones for my mindless clicking and grinding games. Is this really something I should bite on?

I love how the Artifacts and Enchanters give you not just a reason to grind for cool loot, but to combine them and make better or even legendary items for your character. The customisation that's possible because of this is staggering (and addictive).

I also like how you can blend two jobs together to make your character even more unique, too.

Argh, I'd better stop or I'll keep gushing about how fun this game is. Maybe I'll reinstall it tonight... ;)

Can you switch this over to steam after you purchase? I'm a newbie with downloading games and dont' want there to be issues down the road or patch issues.

[quote name='Jauron']Can you switch this over to steam after you purchase? I'm a newbie with downloading games and dont' want there to be issues down the road or patch issues.[/QUOTE]
No, only the games in this list are you allowed to register on Steam currently. However, Gamersgate also works completely differently from Steam. You essentially download the game straight from their website, and it installs just like a normal retail game. So generally speaking, retail patches work fine for most of their games. No client or online hassles to deal with.

Just for general knowledge since you are new to digital distribution, my friend started a blog recently to discuss various aspects of each service. It's pretty new, but it lists the pros and cons of each and may help as a primer.

http://ddreview.wordpress.com

[quote name='Kurina']No, only the games in this list are you allowed to register on Steam currently. However, Gamersgate also works completely differently from Steam. You essentially download the game straight from their website, and it installs just like a normal retail game. So generally speaking, retail patches work fine for most of their games. No client or online hassles to deal with.

Just for general knowledge since you are new to digital distribution, my friend started a blog recently to discuss various aspects of each service. It's pretty new, but it lists the pros and cons of each and may help as a primer.

http://ddreview.wordpress.com[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this info and thanks to your friend for the site. Interesting reading and it makes me feel much better about this.

bread's done
Back