Gamershare folds up?? gamershare mergers with gottaplay. MAJOR UPDATE

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
www.gamershare.com now takes you to

http://www.gottaplay.com/

sucks i had 57 pts over at gamershare. i expect alot more places to close up as well.

called them up and it seems

gamershare mergered with gottaplay or something like that. It just happened within the last 2 days so they have no clue how or if they will port people from gamershare to gottaplay.

they said your points may stay (they have no clue) but they trades will no longer be free something like 5 bucks per trade or even higher. They said they dont know if people who had gamershare accounts will be giving any kind of trade credits or what. They said they will email me back more info or if i dont hear from them by weds call them back and hopefully they will have more info.

Overall i still think my 57 pts are long gone LOL

UPDATE

I'm pleased to announce that Gamershare has teamed up with Gottaplay Interactive, one of the leading video game rental services in the United States with nine (9) distribution centers to provide access to many gaming services under one umbrella.

In addition, as a result of member feedback and our continued effort to deliver the best possible community to trade video games, there will be exciting new features and functionality also available:

Video Game Availability

Over 700 unique titles with an inventory of 7,000+ video games available at $2.99 per trade (includes postage).

GamePoints Value = Used Cash Value

GamePoints will be re-evaluated and adjusted weekly to reflect the used retail cash value based on fair market conditions (e.g. Dead Rising X360 New = $60, Used = $50, so the GamePoints would = 50).

NOTE: All existing members who earned GamePoints via trading will benefit, your trading points will be re-valued at a rate of 3 to 1. So, if you earned 30 GamePoints trading, you will have 90 GamePoints on the new value system.

Address Verification
Mailing addresses will be verified through a US Postal Service database to insure reliability and delivery.

Canceled Trade Penalty
GamePoints will be deducted when members continuously list video games as available to trade, but ignore and/or cancel the trade requests with excessive abuse resulting in immediate account termination.

Shipping Costs

Pre-paid postage with 'in transit' tracking and delivery confirmation will be provided for all trades.

GameShield Claims

GamePoints (for sender) will be forfeited if the pre-paid postage label is not used and a claim is submitted. In addition, an account will be limited to seven (7) lifetime claims with excessive abuse resulting in immediate account termination.

Trade Confirmations
Trades will no longer be auto confirmed and members will be required to confirm all video games sent or received.

Peer Review Ratings
Peer-to-Peer rating system, in a community based environment your actions define who you are. Complete your trades and receive positive reviews or fail to complete trades and your rating will suffer. You're in control.

Community Features (Beta)
Create a customized 'Profile', interact with other members and set up 'Buddy Lists' so your circle of friends are at your fingertips.

Please note, your Gamershare account won't be accessible on the newly intergrated Gottaplay website until Wednesday, March 28, 2007.

Finally, we want to express our sincere gratitude and appreciation for the ongoing support you have shown as we strive to create the standard in video game trading.

Happy Trading!

The Gamershare Team

http://www.gamershare.com

so according to them i should have almost 180 BUCKS (had 57 Pts) Come weds i got to act fast so i can dump these pts LOL

how its sounding ( cousin called them) all points will be resat cause there is no way to change into the new format. Im shocked that gottaplay would even want to mess with all the problems gamershare had

Oh, right. Gamershare.

Luckily I used up all my points. I got a disc-only Ace Combat 4 before I folded up and my points were spent.

I was wondering when they'd wrap up shop. It was obvious their inventory kept declining as traders refused to put items up. The site looked professional but the traders just weren't there.

Goozex is still around because they interact with their customer base and make recommended changes, and so is SwapYourGames.com. Now once SaySwap becomes extinct, Survival of the Fittest will see what sites are left.

[quote name='Caliburn']Oh, right. Gamershare.

Luckily I used up all my points. I got a disc-only Ace Combat 4 before I folded up and my points were spent.

I was wondering when they'd wrap up shop. It was obvious their inventory kept declining as traders refused to put items up. The site looked professional but the traders just weren't there.

Goozex is still around because they interact with their customer base and make recommended changes, and so is SwapYourGames.com. Now once SaySwap becomes extinct, Survival of the Fittest will see what sites are left.[/QUOTE]

bad thing is they had like 350 games listed compair to 4000+ over at gooxex.
but of the 350 games listed I would be shocked if more then 50 of those were active traders. I had 10 games that said NOW since Thanksgiving and they never shipped.

There will only be 1 or 2 online trade places that will last. Goozex will be one of them (BUT I Say they will jack up their trade fees to stay alive)

i doubt anyone else out there today will last more then 6 months

Goozex.com is definitely the best, a truly great tradesite! Here are the other sites I've used briefly, all of them suck:

- Gamershare.com(DEAD...yeaaah!!)
- Sayswap.com
- Playerchain.com

are there any other sites to try? I'm always up for trying these out as long as they have some sign-up point bonus or something.
I'm lucky in that I've been able to use all my points up on these tradesites before cancelling my account.

[quote name='Desiboi1992']yeah, check my siggy, switchplanet[/QUOTE]

switchplanet is way over price on 99% of its games. goozex is about the only choice in town

According to the email I got today from Gamershare / Gottaplay, existing accounts will be retained. Also, existing gamerpoint balances will be multiplied by 3(presumably along with a 3x increase in the cost of most games). I've verified that my account info does allow me to login to gottaplay today. However, my points haven't been jacked up yet. Also, the site continually hounds me to update my credit card info but won't let me do it. Meh.

[quote name='bigjimmyk']According to the email I got today from Gamershare / Gottaplay, existing accounts will be retained. Also, existing gamerpoint balances will be multiplied by 3(presumably along with a 3x increase in the cost of most games). I've verified that my account info does allow me to login to gottaplay today. However, my points haven't been jacked up yet. Also, the site continually hounds me to update my credit card info but won't let me do it. Meh.[/QUOTE]

yeap got the email and updated the first post. WOO 165 bucks i got to find some games.

SADLY Though if they are still using the GAMERSHARE data base (90% of the people left even though they left their listings) its still going to be a major pain in the ass to find anything

as soon as i use up my pts though im leaving and will never ship a game though their service

WHY YOU ASK

GameShield Claims

GamePoints (for sender) will be forfeited if the pre-paid postage label is not used and a claim is submitted. In addition, an account will be limited to seven (7) lifetime claims with excessive abuse resulting in immediate account termination.

SO if you dont use their PRE PAID POSTGE LABEL (Say if you dont have a printer ) Your $#$#$#$#

Slidecage, I noticed that as well. I think I see where they're going (their printed labels enable them to track the game, hopefully cutting down on fraud) but of course without a printer it's not much good. Today's shaky start has me worried -- we'll see what happens tomorrow. I also agree about clearing out the stale game data -- hopefully that won't take more than a few weeks if they are as agressive about weeding out deadbeats as they claimed they would be.

im able to get into my account but cant trade cause of CC Problems that wont be fixxed till weds but GIVE A HEADS UP

IT seems they are using the same data base from GAMERSHARE Meaning GOOD LUCK FINDING TRADES

SOME PT VAULES

Dragon booster DS 19 LOL IT says there are 352 of them for trade
MARIO 3 on 3 DS 27 pts
ACE combact 5 PS2 17 pts
metroid prime hunters DS 24 LOL 759 copies to trade
SOCOM FIRETEAM BRAVO PSP 16 pts
Marvel vs capcom 2 63 pts
DARK ALLIANCE GBA 24 pts
golden sun 1 GBA 16 pts
RIDGE RACER PSP 19 pts

also 5 bucks per trade is WAY TOO HIGH compair to 1 buck GOOZEX. SO if anyone does have pts i would say DUMP THEM ASAP

Calling now

buzzy

Love to pick up acouple Marvel vs capcom 2s just to dump them on ebay to make back some of the money i lost off the sites... It would of been nice if you could of used the Trade credits into MONTH MEMBERSHIP FEESS> lol

3rd time got though. They will be using the same DATA BASE (So expect awhole of nothing when it opens up) They said though Since they have 1000s of people who are on their RENTAL SIDE they will see the trading side and come over meaning they will have 1000's of people adding games every day

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT LOL

ALSO i got to watch and make sure my 57 pts turns into what 168 pts come weds

[quote name='Desiboi1992']yeah, check my siggy, switchplanet[/QUOTE]

You should mention in your sig that you need a cellphone with texting ability to claim these points. I don't as I have never used texting on my cellphones(found it annoying).

Ha, now they tried charging my card since I was once a member. I have to put a stop on this as any and all charges, even at $0, is unauthorized and illegal.

Hi xxxxx,

We regret to inform you that trading on your account has been restricted because we were unable to process a Sale of $0 using the credit card on your Gottaplay account.

There are three main reasons this may have occurred:

1. An error was made in entering credit card or card holder details and they do not match those on your credit card.
2. There were insufficient funds available at the time we processed your credit card for payment.
3. Your bank may have replaced or suspended your credit card.

So that your service remains in good standing, we suggest that you either re-enter your credit card details or add a new credit card to use for payment. You can do this by logging into My Account and simply click on the "Save" button to reprocess the payment.

If you feel that you have received this in error and to stop future notices, please contact: http://www.gottaplay.com/contactus or call us toll free @ (866) 348-2800 Monday thru Friday 9AM to 5PM PST

Your prompt attention is urgent to protect your credit.

Sincerely,
Billing @ Gottaplay
http//www.gottaplay.com

[quote name='Caliburn']Ha, now they tried charging my card since I was once a member. I have to put a stop on this as any and all charges, even at $0, is unauthorized and illegal.

Hi xxxxx,

We regret to inform you that trading on your account has been restricted because we were unable to process a Sale of $0 using the credit card on your Gottaplay account.

There are three main reasons this may have occurred:

1. An error was made in entering credit card or card holder details and they do not match those on your credit card.
2. There were insufficient funds available at the time we processed your credit card for payment.
3. Your bank may have replaced or suspended your credit card.

So that your service remains in good standing, we suggest that you either re-enter your credit card details or add a new credit card to use for payment. You can do this by logging into My Account and simply click on the "Save" button to reprocess the payment.

If you feel that you have received this in error and to stop future notices, please contact: http://www.gottaplay.com/contactus or call us toll free @ (866) 348-2800 Monday thru Friday 9AM to 5PM PST

Sincerely,
Billing @ Gottaplay
http//www.gottaplay.com[/QUOTE]

they sent this to everyone. NOthing to be consern about cause noone gave their cc info to gamershare when they first started

Got to love how they only have 8 games to pick from LOL

Yeah, I realized it a bit after I posted when I logged into my account.

They won't even let you manually cancel due to having restricted accounts. I guess it's to protect users who have open trades/deals.

I sent a reply to customer service asking them to cancel my account. And my girlfriend's account, too.

I keep getting the same email (3 times for the last 3 days now). At first I thought it was a scam, because I hadn't even heard of Gottaplay, and then I did a little research and found that they had taken over from Gamershare, but I didn't even recall signing up with them. Apparently I did last year, but I know I didn't give them a credit card or actually use their service in any way.

I called customer service and they said that I had to put in a credit card online in order to cancel, which is ludicrous. I told them that I wouldn't be doing so, and that they had better figure out a way to cancel, since I had never used Gamershare and certainly hadn't agreed to be a customer of this new company. I also mentioned that there must be a lot of other people having similar issues, and from what I read here, I was right.

They do multiple charges per day, and each time their emails are filtered into my spam/bulk mail folders.

One less thing in life to waste my time...

I wonder who will buy gottaplay once they go belly-up?

I managed to snag PGR3 for free back then.

I noticed that something happened, b/c I kept getting emails from this place called "gottaplay" saying they couldn't charge my CC a sale of $0. I was confused and a bit worried b/c I never remembered signing up for Gottaplay. Then I eventually found out and eventually got my account cancelled.

When they switched over they actually tried to charge me $14.95 for some reason, I looked in my billing history and nothing showed up, I E-mail customer service and luckily they cleared it up, but now like everyone else I can't cancel because of the $0.00 charge and no way in hell am I putting my CC info in just to cancel.

[quote name='wildminnesota']Im not sure about gottaplay - but the biggest community out there according to Alexa traffic Rankings from 4/27/07 far and away is still SaySwap - its the only one even ranked in the top 100,000 (ranked about 50,000)
http://alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=sayswap.com/&url=sayswap.com/

http://alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=goozex.com

http://alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=gametz.com

http://alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=gottaplay.com[/QUOTE]

ummm i would relook at the numbers for the out look

Goozex ---- best site around

Traffic
1 week avg 244,937
3 month 377,137
change 108,959

page views
3 month change 65% +

reach
17% + for last 3 months

SAYSWAP

Traffic
1 week 39,156
3 month 85.912
change -18,341

page views
3 month change 40% down

Reach
3% down last 3 months

goozex is getting almost 10x the amount of traffic sayswap has . Yes they might been big 3 months back but if the trend continues i wouldnt be shocked to see Sayswap gone or merger with someone before end of year

GOOZEX all the way

I just noticed I've been receiving those emails I thought were spam on being charged, even though I haven't used the service once... I'd never even logged onto Gamershare after first signing up, and didn't even know they were bought out until tonight.... now they say that if I don't pay within 10 days ($0 mind you), they're going to send me a collections for the monthly service fee. There's no way I'm paying a cent for a service I didn't sign up for or use... bah.

I still can't believe SaySwap actually thought $5 a trade is a good idea. Then after complaints they introduced a $2.50 deal for the first one. That's so friggin' stupid. I doubt hotchick is even a girl.

[quote name='AnotherStereotype'].... now they say that if I don't pay within 10 days ($0 mind you), they're going to send me a collections for the monthly service fee. There's no way I'm paying a cent for a service I didn't sign up for or use... bah.[/QUOTE]

There's no way they can do that anyways, the service was free at the time that everyone signed up. As for now I specifically requested that they cancel my account a long time ago, it's not my fault if they never got around to it.

I cannot believe they are even trying to do this.

[quote name='AnotherStereotype']I just noticed I've been receiving those emails I thought were spam on being charged, even though I haven't used the service once... I'd never even logged onto Gamershare after first signing up, and didn't even know they were bought out until tonight.... now they say that if I don't pay within 10 days ($0 mind you), they're going to send me a collections for the monthly service fee. There's no way I'm paying a cent for a service I didn't sign up for or use... bah.[/quote]Ha, just had the same experience. I've been ignoring them for a while, until the "Second Notice" showed up in my spam folder. Best part is, even with a zero balance, they don't let you cancel when your account is "restricted." So I contacted them through their crappy form to tell them to stop emailing me and cancel my account.

[email protected] (looks like they left out a 'T' in gotta, huh?)

or

1-866-348-2800

That's the FASTEST way to get canceled. I canceled with their contact form and it took about 4 days to get a response; my girlfriend canceled via those methods and it was done in a day. Steven is the Customer Service Lead who eventually closed both of our accounts, routed through random CSR's until we confirmed with them that we actually wanted to canceled.

Their excuse was "issues with the new billing system." Billing for services not rendered is illegal, and any collection agency will discard a frivalous $0 notice against anyone and charge Gottaplay for processing fees regardless.

[quote name='slidecage']switchplanet is way over price on 99% of its games. goozex is about the only choice in town[/quote]

Games are traded via Switchbucs, not cash, and Switchbucs are worth whatever you feel they're worth. People set their own value for stuff...some high, some low. The owner of the site, SP_Chris, add brand new/factory sealed Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii games to the site on a weekly basis and charges retail Amazon value in Switchbucs.

Switchbucs are pretty easy to get by putting up your own cds, DVDs, books, and games. Recent DVDs go for 15-30 Switchbucs each, so you can usually earn a new release video game for mailing out a couple used DVDs. Not a bad deal.

I've been trading off doubles in my game collection on the site for around a year and haven't had any problems. Last week I got brand new/sealed copies of Cooking Mama Wii and Sonic Wii, among several other items.

too bad the company is really #$#$# It up. I got around 170pts that i would like to spend but really dont trust them with my CC number

Remember that game trading site (I forgot the name) where we got 8 free points for signing up and got free games? Well right now that site became Gottaplay and it's trying to charge my credit card everyday. Today I got this very disturbing email:

"Is there some reason you have not updated your credit card information?

We’ve already sent you one reminder, but your account still remains past due. If you have simply overlooked the prior notification, please re-enter your credit card details or add a new credit card to use for payment. You can do this by logging into My Account and simply click on the "Save" button to reprocess the payment

You have ten (10) days from the date on this email notice to re-activate your account or you will be sent to collections for the monthly service fee as well as $50.00 per game for any unreturned games. "

just noticed the second email about collections and logged in to see i had 27 pts. Lame-o.
How is this supposed to work? You pay 2.99 to use your gamer points? I might try getting a game and using a $3 virtual account number for shits and giggles.

*nm* looks like its either $5 a month to go 2 trades, or 2.99 a trade, but you gotta pay $15 up front. No thanks....

Wow they got even more threatening in their emails(this is from my wife's email):

YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOW SERIOUSLY OVERDUE! You have apparently ignored our repeated requests to update the credit card we have on file for your GottaPlay account. Failure to respond may mean that your bill is turned over to a collection agency.

If we do not receive updated payment information within ten (10) days of this notice or our games have not been returned to us, your account will be turned over to our collections agency and reported to the national credit reporting agencies. The replacement fee for unreturned games is $50.00 per video game, plus any outstanding monthly fee balance.

You can avoid trouble and expense by simply re-entering your credit card details or add a new credit card to use for payment. You can do this by logging into My Account and simply click on the "Save" button to reprocess the payment.

The video game(s) still rented on the account are:

Again, if payment in full is not received within ten (10) days, your account will be turned over to a collection agency. The replacement fee for each unreturned game is $50.00 plus any outstanding monthly fee balances.

If you feel that you have received this in error and to stop future notices, please contact: http://www.gottaplay.com/contactus or call us toll free @ (866) 348-2800 Monday thru Friday 9AM to 5PM PST.

Sincerely,
The Gottaplay Team

I fired them back an angry email on her behalf. My gamershare account was set up on a throw away email account(that I don't even remember), and I don't even remember my account name or password. Would these guys be seriously dumb enough to try and collect something(I don't know exactly what as I don't owe them anything)?

What pisses me off the most is that both my wife and I closed(or attempted to close) our Gamershare accounts a long time ago due to the site sucking so bad.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Good God. Does a company really befriend its newly acquired userbase by threatening all of them?[/QUOTE]

what is stupid is they are sending out the emails thinking people have outstanding games. This is what happens when a RENTAL Place tries to take over a swapping store.

It was a problem they had with migrating databases.

Think for a moment - how in the world are they going to turn your info over to a collection agency? All they have is a name and possible address. The address may or may not be fake and the name of file may or may not be at that address. They don't have your social security number nor any form of credit. In the off-chance they do have personally-identifiable information, they will turn over a $0 balance to a collection agency.

Repeated/Pestering emails and phone calls to Gottaplay will get the job done; I no longer get the emails, nor does my girlfriend, or others who've acted upon similar advice. It sucks that you have to go the length to correct a wrong that they've done, but strongly worded emails and direct and clear-cut phone calls will help you triumph over them in the end.

i emailed them and they said I should have a free trade available...but i would have to enter a valid credit card to try it out.
So i did that, added a game to my want list or whatever and then got a pop up saying my credit card was declined.
I had put in a $1 virtual number, so obviously they tried to charge it as soon as a picked a game that I probably wouldn't even be guaranteed to get from someone.
Pretty snazzy....I told them to either put the free trade credit on my account or cancel it altogether.
I have 27 points so wouldve been nice to get a free game

Um- I dont think you know how to read - those #'s are rankings not total user #'s - SaySwap is ranked #39000 out of all sites - Goozex is #300,000 - meaning SaySwap is 10X the size of Goozex - have you ever looked at alexa before?

As one of the suckers who still has a sizable point balance with GottaPlay, I've been checking the site every day to see if anything has changed (I also magically became the owner of a PS3, Wii, and PS2 but that's another story). Anyway, last week their inventory started to increase in an unusual way -- it looked like someone was adding 2-3 games per day. There was still a ton of junk out there and the total inventory peaked around 120 or so. Then, this morning I checked and it was 18. I guess they finally "cleaned house" and removed all the bogus listings. Bout time!

I also got a notice that someone is shipping me SC:DA so we'll see how that goes. I suspect that they have started seeding the system with in-house stock, but I can't be sure. At least something is going on -- I was beginning to wonder if all their staff had died at their desks.

Gotta Play is featured in the new issue of Tips and Tricks magazine. The person who wrote the article says that they haven't tried the company, so basically they just wrote something up based on Gotta Play's press release.

I think we should all write letters to Tips and Tricks about how much Gotta Play sucks and tell them to write an article on a deserving site, such as Goozex or Switch Planet.

[quote name='bigjimmyk']As one of the suckers who still has a sizable point balance with GottaPlay, I've been checking the site every day to see if anything has changed (I also magically became the owner of a PS3, Wii, and PS2 but that's another story). Anyway, last week their inventory started to increase in an unusual way -- it looked like someone was adding 2-3 games per day. There was still a ton of junk out there and the total inventory peaked around 120 or so. Then, this morning I checked and it was 18. I guess they finally "cleaned house" and removed all the bogus listings. Bout time!

I also got a notice that someone is shipping me SC:DA so we'll see how that goes. I suspect that they have started seeding the system with in-house stock, but I can't be sure. At least something is going on -- I was beginning to wonder if all their staff had died at their desks.[/QUOTE]

asked them when they took over that other site and they said they had no clue when or if they will ever clean up the data base of old users. I told them 99% of the games listed would never be traded since everyone has left the site .

i still got 178 pts

For the record, I did receive Double Agent in the mail about 4 days later. It was new in shrink wrap, which confirms my guess that GP is buying games in bulk to seed the network. Will it work? No idea.

bread's done
Back