GameRUSH/BBV-TRADE 4 GET ANY GAME FOR FREE! UPDATE!

gamer602

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
You can now get ANY GAME under 69.99 for FREE!!!!

game-over.jpg
Trade games like Kameo, madden 06, nhl 07, PDZ, Viva Pinata, PGR3 for this PROMO! All $10 or less at EB!

Good thing the Trade 4 for One is confirmed. Too bad I do not have games to trade in...

For the 13$ minimum, it's been on for a while. It continues it seems. The only limitation is that, sometimes, they will tell that they had too much copies of that game, but it varies location from location.

[quote name='lisdoncca']Good thing the Trade 4 for One is confirmed. Too bad I do not have games to trade in...

For the 13$ minimum, it's been on for a while. It continues it seems. The only limitation is that, sometimes, they will tell that they had too much copies of that game, but it varies location from location.[/quote]

You can get 4 used 360 games for 30 max...

I got a buddy working at A Block Bastard's he's a manager so I will call him up and see how this thing is still going on and what the rules are etc.

Hm... very interesting. When is this going on until? And is the free game new?

Also, can anyone confirm for me if The Orange Box (PS3) is one of those games that can be traded for?
(And if one might be too kind and has some time, can they also confirm if Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (PS3) or NHL 08 (PS3) can be traded for as well)

Just out of curiosity, as with Gamerush's previous foibles with trade-ins, do you get the game AND the trade in value when you trade in the 4 games?

Historical GR trade-in deals were trade 3 get any game for $5 and you would get the trade-in value for all 3 games as well.

edit: oh fudge, I don't even live in Canada. Didn't see that..

[quote name='ikariwarriors']local Blockbuster here confirmed that the Trade 4 deal works for ANY new game. time to load up on crap titles from EB...[/quote]

You have made me incredibly happy. So doing this when I have some free time to get my OB!

can you trade in the same game? (i.e. 4 copies of madden 06 for 360) if thats the case, you could simply by 4 copies of it (I got one for like 3 dollars at EB/GS)

I forgot to add, do BBVs accept PSP games for trade-ins or not?
And if so, is that any BBV or does it have to be Game Rush?

What the hell this is lame, my BBV told me that it's not any game and that its only the listed ones. LAME!

From the 6 or so stores I phoned, only 1 actually knew the detailed specifics of this deal (that it was for all games and the sell back price is 14.99), 2 said it wasn't going on, and 3 said it was for only select games (kane and lynch etc.).

The one store that knew the specifics said only wii, 360 ps3, gc, ps2 and xbox games are applicable for trade. No psp (confirmed this) and I'm assuming no DS.

Seems BB employees are not the most reliable bunch.

I wonder which one in vancouver are smart enough to know the specifics :cool: it'll be a nice chance to get rid of some of my ps2 games...

[quote name='Faytz']I wonder which one in vancouver are smart enough to know the specifics :cool: it'll be a nice chance to get rid of some of my ps2 games...[/quote]

No Vancouver BBV's do trade-ins. You have to go to Burnaby, Richmond, etc.

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']No Vancouver BBV's do trade-ins. You have to go to Burnaby, Richmond, etc.[/quote]

Travelling to anyone of those would be no problem :S I'm just worried that the sales associate won't know about the deal... -.-;

I'll call tomorrow and then go to EB sometime after Christmas and hopefully grab some trade fodder. SvR08 and Mass Effect would be nice to pick up.

[quote name='tymcg']What I'm curious about is if this works on Scene It. If so then this is fantastic![/quote]
ANYTHING UNDER 70 WILL WORK!

I got The Simpsons game on the 30th, so I guess I got lucky. That's good to know though, I'll be on the look out for crappy 360, Wii and PS3 games for 9.99.

I don't know if my Blockbuster even does trades....but I doubt it, as I've never seen any ads saying they take them... And even if they did their selection of good titles is very small. I think the only 360 games they had when I was in there last were Gears of War and Dead Rising. Hmmm...I think I have all the games I want anyways.

At my local Blockbuster, I was said it was all games under 59,99$, but it may vary by location I suppose...

59,99$ would be logic, considering they accept games that they can sell back 14,99$ (15$ * 4 games = 60$).

TIV of 4$ does not necessary mean that they take the game towards the promotion. For instance, NHL 07 for PS2 has a TIV of 4$ but they do not take it for the Trade 4 for 1.

[quote name='lisdoncca']At my local Blockbuster, I was said it was all games under 59,99$, but it may vary by location I suppose...

59,99$ would be logic, considering they accept games that they can sell back 14,99$ (15$ * 4 games = 60$).

TIV of 4$ does not necessary mean that they take the game towards the promotion. For instance, NHL 07 for PS2 has a TIV of 4$ but they do not take it for the Trade 4 for 1.[/quote]

If you read the fine print in the January ad booklet, it clearly states 69.99!

It looks like the min $13 TIV is over.. it's off the promotions page and someone one RFD has confirmed it. So now it's going to be harder to determine which games are valid for this offer... BBV trade in value wiki anyone? :D

most games still sell for 19.99 though, and on the trade 4 promotion sheet it specifically says "any 360, ps3, wii" game will work. The promotion at my store ends the 13th but should start again the 14th lol.

games i know for a fact don't sell for 19.99+ are...
gun 360
quake 4 360
NCAA 07 football 360
Eragon 360
spongebob Wii

literally any other game should be ok

Whoa I am lucky. On monday I traded in Bullet Witch, Fantastic 4 ROTSS, Harry Potter OOTP (360) and Eragon for my copy of Scene It (360).

I'm more interested in a system, does anyone know if I could trade in 4 get a game then return the game for store credit and use that towards a system?

[quote name='JnJosh']most games still sell for 19.99 though, and on the trade 4 promotion sheet it specifically says "any 360, ps3, wii" game will work. The promotion at my store ends the 13th but should start again the 14th lol.

games i know for a fact don't sell for 19.99+ are...
gun 360
quake 4 360
NCAA 07 football 360
Eragon 360
spongebob Wii

literally any other game should be ok[/quote]

Is the condition of the offer the game must resell for 19.99+? Or any 360/ps3/wii no matter the trade in value? The promotions page doesn't have any details at all (either min trade in value or min resale price).

arnold - yes, it actually is funny because you trade in 4 games, they are worth usually 52 bucks (13 tiv each assuming) than get a game for 69.99, not sure what ones are but than you take it back, get 69.99 + tax credited.

I did this once with smackdown vs raw as something was broken inside the unopened game, i asked for just the credit from the games i traded in and they can't do it like that, they have to give you it as if you purchased it.

another funny story includes the fact i traded in 4, got drakes fortune and they never took off the damn credit from the 4 games, so i had like 55$+ added to my already over 400$ credit.

[quote name='TripleQ']Is the condition of the offer the game must resell for 19.99+? Or any 360/ps3/wii no matter the trade in value? The promotions page doesn't have any details at all (either min trade in value or min resale price).[/quote]

for previous gen. system games its either 14.99 (im sure) or 19.99 resale, as in when they sell it off their shelves.

But on the sheet i looked at, it says:
Xbox 360: no exclusions
PS3: no exclusions
Wii: no exclusions

whether this changes on the 13th when it ends (and starts again the next day?) I cannot tell you as of yet. So if you want any game by gettin rid of games like Kameo, pgr3 and crappy titles, do it before the 14th.

I'm confused...so now it's ANY 4 Xbox 360, Wii or PS3 games and get ANY game 69.99 or less free? Or do the trade-in games have to have some sort of value? Or is there only a specific list of games you can pick to get for free?

any 4 next gen games get you a game 69.99$ or less until the 13th.

the promotion next week hasnt started yet, so i personally am unaware if there are exceptions to next gen games you can submit for trade 4.

Can anyone confirm if this has been extended? I've got Superman, Cabela's Safari and 2 x copies of Tenchu Z I'm dying to trade in for Orange Box 360 but didn't get a chance to make it to my local BBV this past weekend.

I hope they maintain this all current gen stuff as I got a bunch of $10 games coming from people in the states I want to use

[quote name='darkandlong']Can anyone confirm if this has been extended? I've got Superman, Cabela's Safari and 2 x copies of Tenchu Z I'm dying to trade in for Orange Box 360 but didn't get a chance to make it to my local BBV this past weekend.[/quote]

I called today and they said yes, those should all be worth 10, maybe tenchu worth 15 but they will all resell for 19.99 at the very least.

The only bummer is if your store even has Orange box, good luck on your venture :)

as stated before...
NCAA 07 Football
Quake 4
Gun
Xbox live arcade
Eragon
all for 360

for Wii
Spongebob krusty krab game

bread's done
Back