GameRush Deals Thread- $0.99 Retro Games and other new deals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sj41

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR GAMERUSH

I would like to thank Wshakspear for telling CAG and me about GameRush. You've really helped me out on deals. Thanks!

Many questions should be answered here. :) I'll add new things soon, so if you ask good questions and people give good answers, I'll add it to this and it will hopefully help out others.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

www.gamerush.com

CURRENT DEALS

$0.99 Retro Games!

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are 99 cents. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price.

All New Games $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

I will update the rest of the new deals that are starting 2/1/05 when they arrive.

PAST DEALS

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

TRADE

Trading Formats: Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

Thanks Zon27.

As of 01/25/05.

$35
Mech Assault 2
Mercenaries
Resident Evil 4
Star Wars KOTOR 2
The Getaway: Black Monday

$30
Def Jam Fight for NY
Fable
Goldeneye: RA
Grand Theft Auto SA
Halo 2
Killzone
Metal Gear Solid 3
Mortal Kombat Deception
Pikmin 2
Star Wars Battlefront
The Punisher
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
THUG 2

$25
DBZ Budokai 3
NFL Street 2
Suikoden IV
Ghost Recon 2
Urbz
X-men Legends

$20
Spiderman 2 (ds)
Super Mario 64 (ds)
Tiger Woods 2005 (ds)
Urbz (ds)
Virtua Quest

$18
Conflict Vietnam
Fullmetal Alchemist
Jak III
Ratchet & Clank UYA

$12
Legend of Zelda MC

$8
Kingdom Hearts (ps2)
Need for Speed Underground
Outlaw Golf 2
Sega Classics Collection
Super Mario Sunshine
World Championship Poker

Thanks video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00

OTHER INFO

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you. :)

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by flipping games) since they do have the abillity to bann you from all GameRush locations if they want to.

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Deals thread #3: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41216

Deals thread #2: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33791&start=0

Deals thread #1: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15967&start=1940

Trade Value thread: www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20412&start=0

Alright, I moved everything over to this new thread, updated the trade in prices and current and past deals that have been confirmed. Everything should be good for right now. :)

My little baby lives on!

FYI, the new handout also has a deal for buy 2 NEW PS1 games, get 1 NEW PS1 game free.

[quote name='Wshakspear']My little baby lives on!

FYI, the new handout also has a deal for buy 2 NEW PS1 games, get 1 NEW PS1 game free.[/quote]And your baby's beautiful. Just look at all the pretty colors. :wink:

They must be trying to get rid of the old games they have since my GameRush has a shelf full of crappy PS1 games from a long time ago. Maybe some rare PS1 games will be found. :p

[quote name='Wshakspear']My little baby lives on!

FYI, the new handout also has a deal for buy 2 NEW PS1 games, get 1 NEW PS1 game free.[/quote]

That would be a pretty good deal if they have a good PS1 selection. I missed quite a few PS1 RPG games.

[quote name='SOSTrooper'][quote name='Wshakspear']My little baby lives on!

FYI, the new handout also has a deal for buy 2 NEW PS1 games, get 1 NEW PS1 game free.[/quote]

That would be a pretty good deal if they have a good PS1 selection. I missed quite a few PS1 RPG games.[/quote]

Castlevania SoTN, FFVIII, and FF Tactics are on my list

does anyone know how strict they are about the newer games? like 2004 or newer is that only with sport games? if anyone knows :(

[quote name='scuba']does anyone know how strict they are about the newer games? like 2004 or newer is that only with sport games? if anyone knows :([/quote]It's only for sports games. So, you could trade in Crimson Skies on Xbox from 2002 and it would count towards the three games.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']So anyone tried to see if they have Mercenaries and RE4 in stock yet? I want play those games :twisted:[/quote]

I know at least one GR around here has Mercenaries, but RE4 im going to wait until afterwork to call around.

[quote name='scuba']thanks :)

so bloodrayne should be accepted?[/quote]Yes it will be accepted. And I think that the Xbox version gets $7 trade in credit also.

last night traded in:

GBA Mario Golf - $9
Spawn - $8 (I bought it for $5)
Chaos Legion - $10 ( I bought it for $5)
+
Day after Tomorrow DVD - $6.50
Secret Window DVD - $6.50
-------
$40 trade credit

Picked up a brand new Mercenaries for $29.99

Still have @$10 credit.
NICE!

[quote name='drfrielgood']I'm heading up to my Gamerush this afternoon. I'll post which new release games we've got later tonight.[/quote]

I'll beat you there!!!

Actually, im closer to the Novi GR, so we'll see what happens

Wow, Sj41 awesome post. Another question I have is this. Does anybody in the DFW know anything about a new GR being built in McKinney,Tx. I think it is next to a superwalmart on Ridge St.??? I ask because a new GR may have some sweet deal that other GR do not have since it is new. In particular, I looking forward to the Trade 1 game get a new game for 29.99 in newer location. This has the potential to be a really good deal.

[quote name='newbie2000']Wow, Sj41 awesome post. Another question I have is this. Does anybody in the DFW know anything about a new GR being built in McKinney,Tx. I think it is next to a superwalmart on Ridge St.??? I ask because a new GR may have some sweet deal that other GR do not have since it is new. In particular, I looking forward to the Trade 1 game get a new game for 29.99 in newer location. This has the potential to be a really good deal.[/quote]
Well if that does happen, let us DFW area cheapasses know! I, for one, would drive there from Richardson to take advantadge of the deal since I missed out on it when it occured during the summer...

[quote name='newbie2000']Wow, Sj41 awesome post. Another question I have is this. Does anybody in the DFW know anything about a new GR being built in McKinney,Tx. I think it is next to a superwalmart on Ridge St.??? I ask because a new GR may have some sweet deal that other GR do not have since it is new. In particular, I looking forward to the Trade 1 game get a new game for 29.99 in newer location. This has the potential to be a really good deal.[/quote]

Nope, only have that deal in new areas, not new stores

Interesting todbit... That buy 2 get 1 free on New PS1 games is in the ad, but the NOVI, MI location has it for Used PS1 as well. I do not know if you can combine new and used though.

Also no RE4, "It aint released yet". Okey dokey...

Some great news. I went in with a bunch of games to preorder stuff and I got some preorder goodies:

Resident Evil 4: $30 (Recieved free RE4 t-shirt)
Xenosaga II: $30
Oddworld Stranger: $30 (Got the preorder bonus DVD right then and there!!!)
Doom 3 Collectors edition: $30

Thats right! Doom 3 Collectors retails for $60, but it is in blockbuster's system for $50, so it qualifies for the trade 3 for 30! Go now!

thanx for the info on doom 3 collectors edition. ill probably get it since they will give a good 40-45 in credit for it when it comes out

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']Some great news. I went in with a bunch of games to preorder stuff and I got some preorder goodies:

Thats right! Doom 3 Collectors retails for $60, but it is in blockbuster's system for $50, so it qualifies for the trade 3 for 30! Go now![/quote]Awesome on Doom 3. I'm wondering if I can switch my prorder to the CE, though. I preordered it for $30 when the first preorder deal came. :(

And Doom 3 got a 10/10 from XBN! It looks really good. :D www.cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45894

[quote name='HOTSHIET']Just picked up RE4 for $30 with the trade in 3 deal, gots to love my gamerush![/quote]

I think i have to call around now...if only i didnt hate the phone...

[quote name='The Don']Is gamerush reliable for preordering games? I heard they didn't have POP WW until 3 weeks later.[/quote]
In my experience they are not at all reliable.

Today I picked up RE4 from the 2nd GR I called, 1st one didn't have it. With RE4 you get a Free T-shirt also. It's white, says Resident Evil 4 on the front (in all black), shows some villagers on the back (they're in black also, so it makes them look like shadows, I guess). One sleeve has the Capcom Logo, the other one has the GameRush Logo. Too bad the shirt isn't pinkish, like the sky is on the box art.

Thanks for the info on Doom 3 CE! I might switch my other RE4 pre-order to it, maybe. Do they allow you to switch a pre-order, if the game you PO'd is already in? Or if it's already shipped? Thanks.

[quote name='Pope On A Rope'][quote name='The Don']Is gamerush reliable for preordering games? I heard they didn't have POP WW until 3 weeks later.[/quote]
In my experience they are not at all reliable.[/quote]It really depends on what game you preorder and what store you go to. All of my preorders were done very well.

My GameRush didn't have RE4 today. I'll just pick it up tomorrow, I guess, along with Minish Cap and Mercenaries.

I played Doom 3 at CES (meeting w/Microsoft). It looks amazing. Great lighting, normal-mapping, bump-mapping, kill-your-mama-mapping, and all that. Also has exclusive Xbox Live co-op.

[quote name='spin03']can u do this deal more than once a day???

i wanna preorder 2 or 3 games tomorrow[/quote]

Its supposed to be once per day.

[quote name='Dustin Echoes']Some great news. I went in with a bunch of games to preorder stuff and I got some preorder goodies:

Thats right! Doom 3 Collectors retails for $60, but it is in blockbuster's system for $50, so it qualifies for the trade 3 for 30! Go now![/quote]

Wait...so they let you trade 3 and preorder a $50 game for $30 (Oddworld Stranger)???? I just called and asked and they said they wouldn't do it. Cause that's exactly what I want to do to get STranger and SW Rep Com. I'm heading to GR tomorrow to try this out and get Zelda finally.

[quote name='Lucky13'][quote name='Dustin Echoes']Some great news. I went in with a bunch of games to preorder stuff and I got some preorder goodies:

Thats right! Doom 3 Collectors retails for $60, but it is in blockbuster's system for $50, so it qualifies for the trade 3 for 30! Go now![/quote]

Wait...so they let you trade 3 and preorder a $50 game for $30 (Oddworld Stranger)???? I just called and asked and they said they wouldn't do it. Cause that's exactly what I want to do to get STranger and SW Rep Com. I'm heading to GR tomorrow to try this out and get Zelda finally.[/quote]

*reads first post*

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

;)

Wait...so they let you trade 3 and preorder a $50 game for $30 (Oddworld Stranger)???? I just called and asked and they said they wouldn't do it. Cause that's exactly what I want to do to get STranger and SW Rep Com. I'm heading to GR tomorrow to try this out and get Zelda finally.[/quote]

*reads first post*

;)[/quote]

I did read the first post, but three store said "no" I guess it could be because it's a new promotion and the employees don't really know how it works. One store DID say it would work and this was from the mouth of a manager. I'll find out tomorrow, I suppose.

Well I just went to GR to trade in 3 games and got Mercenaries for $30:

.Hack//Infection - $5
Wild Arms 3 - $7
Freedom Fighters (PS2) - $8

Anyone knows how much Full Spectrum Warrior fetch for still?

Nevermind, it fetches for $20.

Oh and it seems like they're only giving $5 for Space Channel 5 SE (PS2).

pre-order reliability - the GR that i frequent on venice in los angeles is extremely reliable on pre-orders, i have pre-ordered 15 games or so over the past 3 months and never had to wait more than a day after release

today i picked up my mercenaries (which came in yesterday) and re4 (which came in today)

i have had a few pre-orders at other GR stores and sometimes they seem to only get friday deliveries
of games

FYI detroit area gamerushes seem to still be running the buy 2 used get one free. At least Brighton, and Wixom locations are.

Traded monday 1/10

Gauntlet Dark Legacy (ps2) $8
Wing commander (GBA) $12.00
SW Battlefront (PS2) $30
Call of Duty (GC) $25

The Brighton Gamerush is really crappy when it comes to getting new release games on time, but the Wixom store has been right on time every time for me.

on another matter

the death of great deals at gamerush --

i am a little saddened in that i think the time of great deals at game rush is over, i have a feeling that they will be competitive with other stores and i feel great loyalty to them but i think we are entering an era where we can't just automatically assume game rush is going to have the best deal, the loopholes have been closed and the specials are pretty pedestrian

i would like to take a moment to give gamerush a big-time thumbs up for what has been a marvelous gaming run and in particluar my store on venice which has a great team

they are giving 7 bucks for both grand turismo 3 and socom at gamerush. you can buy both of them for 5 at gamestop.

if i got in one day with 2 gt3 and 1 socom, and then come in the next day with 2 socom, and a gt3, i cant get banned, can i?

[quote name='spin03']they are giving 7 bucks for both grand turismo 3 and socom at gamerush. you can buy both of them for 5 at gamestop.

if i got in one day with 2 gt3 and 1 socom, and then come in the next day with 2 socom, and a gt3, i cant get banned, can i?[/quote]

I could see them having an issue of you bringing in two of the same game, let alone 3. I dont know if there's any fine print that indicates that you can't trade in multiples, but Blockbuster was smart to exclude trading used games that you bought for the 3 for 10 deal. I would think they wouldn't allow it, but it all depends on the store.

[quote name='Green-Bull']Thanks for the info on Doom 3 CE! I might switch my other RE4 pre-order to it, maybe. Do they allow you to switch a pre-order, if the game you PO'd is already in? Or if it's already shipped? Thanks.[/quote]I was able to change my Metroid Prime 2 preorder when they already had it, but it might depend on the employee.

went in today and picked up mercernaries (xbox)...but they still didn't have re4 in.

traded in
def jam fight for ny (ps2) - 30
thug 2 (ps2) - 30
sw: battlefront (xbox) - 30

probably in the next couple days i'm going to preorder doom 3, sw: republic commando, nba street v3, splinter cell chaos, and maybe the new star fox

anyone know games that u can buy for cheap as gamestop or eb and get more credit at gamerush than what u payed for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back