Gamerush Deals Thread! (TRADE 3 get PO for $5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoryCubed

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR GAMERUSH (pm/post with any suggestions)

If your in the Oklahoma City area stop by my store at Nw 50th and MacArthur (for now). If your a flipper/scammer at least spare my store the crap titles unless its for presales...thanks. If your good I may hook up with with a special "modification" to a current deal that you may greatly enjoy...

Please note in the next few weeks I will be changing stores to Hefner and Rockwell. They needed the help and while I like my store the pay raise was justifiable and my current sm is moving to pittsburg.

Current Deals

Trade 3 games get an extra $5 per game (LAST DAY IS MAY 16!)

Beginning March 15th till May 23rd, trade 3 games get an extra $5 per game. PSP, NDS, GBA, Xbox, Gcube, and PS2 only. No sports games before '04 and no Freestyle Street Soccer, or minigames/demo discs (the usuals). Also be aware some titles that sell for $4.99 may not work either (Haven, Project Eden, etc.) So don't get upset when they don't.

You may be limited to 10 per day though YMMV.

Trade 2 games and get New Releases and Pre-Orders for $29.99 til September 5th (subject to change)

Should go till September 5th. New releases and Preorder games only $29.99 with 2 game trades (see exclusions above or aka the usual).

Buy 1 get 1 50% til close of business May 16

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64. If any employee disagrees they can call my store at 1-700-22-40049 (not many people know about it but it calls the store in the company by the last 5 digits store code).

Buy 1 Preowned game get another 1 for 50% off. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.
Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

Previously buy 2 get 1 free

Several PS1 deals

Buy two new PS1 games, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

Buy any 5 preowned PS1 Games for $20!
Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 10 preowned PS1 games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter
2 out= $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

PAST DEALS (for informational purposes only!)

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20.

Buy 10 PS1 Games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Buy any game and get it's strategy guide for 20% off.

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

What can I trade?

Trading Formats: PSP, DS, Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

ALL STORES WILL BE ACCEPTING PSP MOVIES FOR TRADE AS OF 5/3/05 possibly sooner. (some are in there but not most of the current releases).

Some Credit Values as of
04/12/05 (Credit goes to AzianAsspicker)

Doom3- 35
DBZ Sagas- 35
Dynasty Warriors-35
God of War- 35
Jade Empire-35
BIA: Road to Hill 30- 35
DMC3-30
Fight Night Round2- 30
Gran Turismo 4- 30
NBA Street v3- 30
NFS Underground Rivals- 30
Star Fox: Assault- 30
Star Wars Republic Commando- 30
Tekken 5- 30
Timesplitters Future Perfect- 30
Splinter Cell: C.T.- 30
Tony Hawk Underground 2 RE- 30
Cold Fear- 25
WWE Wrestlemania 21: Become a Legend- 25
Dynasty Warriors- 23
Close Combat: Frist to Fight- 20
DK Junglebeat- 20
Lego Star Wars- 20
Metal Gear Acid- 20
MX vs. ATV Unleased- 20
NBA- 20
Ridge Racer- 20
Stolen- 20
Ghost Recon 2- 20
Twisted Metal: Head-on- 20
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade- 20
World Soccer tour 2005- 18
Wario Ware: Touched!- 18
MVP Baseball 2005- 15
Pokemon Dash- 12.50
Wario Ware: Twisted- 12
Yoshi Touch & Go- 12
Major League Baseball 2K5- 10
Full Spectrum Warrior- 8
Narc- 8

Accessories:
Ps2- Memory card Sony-15
Ps2- Network Adapter- 15
Ps2- USB Headset *any brand*- 12
Ps2- Dual Shock Controller- 4
XB- S Controller- 16
XB- Microsoft DVD Remote w/ sensor- 15
XB- Memory Card- 4
GC- Nintendo Memory Card 16mb-10
GC- Component Cable- 8
GC- Nintendo Memory Card 4mb- 3

Hardware
PS2 $95
PS2 Slim $95
Xbox $95
DS $85
GBA SP $45
GC $25
PSP $175

Credit goes to video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

This is becoming less common very quickly. Probably down to about 50% accurate.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00

Can't think of anything to pre-order? Here's some ideas that are in the system... Credit to spin 03 and ksuwild25

Note on Game Rush release dates...keeping checking throughout Tuesday and Wednesday as thats when Game Rush gets games usually - never ever trust the Game Rush computer as it still goes by the Blockbuster date for traditional stores to receive their rental games (which is typically Friday).

Unreal Champ. 2 XB
Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Area 51 XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Dead to Rights II XB/PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Forza Racing XB
Advent Rising XB
Star Wars Episode III PS2/XB
Conker XB
Jade Empire XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
GTA: SA XB
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
NCAA Footaball 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2
Gran Turismo PSP
Grand Theft Auto PSP
Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)

OTHER INFO

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you.

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by flipping games) they do have the abillity to ban you from all GameRush locations if they want to (and as I have done but that was only because I was tired of crap PS1...).

Release dates - Go by the shipping date. 9 times out of 10 it is not what the Blockbuster computer says. The computer date is when traditional stores can expect to receive their rental games.

Game Rush receives games typically on Tuesday and Wednesday of the games release. Only reason EB and Gamestop get them a day before is because they get special shipments or their dm picks the games up and brings back that evening (or they are near distribution centers).

Some games have street dates but this is few and far between (outrun 2, halo 2, star wars episode 3, doom 3 are it in the past 6 months).

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Don't seem to be working anymore...I will put them back up on request(pm) or if they become live again.

Credits

sj41 and waffles 'n' syrup (same person)- Original creator and maintainer of the other GameRush threads. He has made most of the things in this post.
Wshakspear- Told CAG about GameRush.
CoryCubed- Manager at a GameRush that has given us several updates on the deals and other information about GameRush. He will now take place of me (sj41) as the GameRush OP.
drfrielgood- GameRush employee that has been updating us on GameRush information constantly.
Zon27- Nearly every week he has typed and posted the latest trade in prices. Thanks for doing all you can to help us out, even though you're not a GameRush employee.
And everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks guys! :)

good stuff corycubed. thanks for making the new thread. weird to see waffles not making it, but hes got to do what hes got to do. anyway, i was wondering, has the gamerush you are working at gotten in their copies of doom 3 yet?

Not yet, my DL said we would get them tomorrow (Friday) so I will know sometime tomorrow. Most stores should be open till 12:30 Sunday night to sell it.

sorry, just one more question:

cory, at your gamerush, or anyone elses, will they let you trade in amped and get an extra $5 and/or use it towards the trade 2 get any new or preorder game for 29.99? or is it considered a sports game

TRADE IN PRICES as of 3-22
$35
Fight Night Round 2
God of War
Gran Turismo 4
Project Snowblind
Star Fox:Assault
Republic Commando
Tekken 5

$30
Mortal Kombat Deception (GC)
NBA Street 3
Future Perfect
Xenosaga II

$25

$20
GR2 (GC)

$18

$15
________
LoZ:Minish Cap
Kingdom Hearts:Chain of Memories
MVP Baseball2005
Pokemon Dash (DS)

Robots (GBA)-$12
MLB 2k5-$10
Kingdom Hearts (PS2)-$8
Mega Man Aniversery COllection(xbox)$8
Mario:Sunshine $8

Hardware:
PS2&slimline PS2-$100
XBOX-$100
DS-$100
GBA:SP-$45
PSP-$130
PS1-$10

every time i see the deals i am particularly delighted to see GR's unending hatred for freestyle street soccer as if the whole chain would be brought down to its knees (ala Drake) if they were to allow this title :)

Traded in these today :

GC Crash Bandicoot wrath of Cortex : $13
PS2 Soul Calibur II : $13
PS2 Primal : $8

All those include the extra $5. I double-dipped and got Splinter Cell Chaos Theory for 29.99. Well not quite, because they weren't getting them in until tomorrow, but he let me, uh, "pre" order it anyway.

How much for a regular GBA would I get on trade in? and 1st party gamecube controller? If anybody knows thanks......

traded in about 14 games plus an xbox controller which i got $20 for and came out with all these preorders...
moto gp3 (xbox)
delta force: black hawk down (xbox)
midnight club 3: dub edition (xbox)
conker (xbox)
wrestlemania XXI (xbox)
legend of zelda (gcube)
destroy all humans (xbox)

for a grand total of .90 out of my pocket

i had to do it on my girlfriends account since it would like fishy if i work there and i have like 7 preorders plus the rest that ive done before

[quote name='CoryCubed']Not yet, my DL said we would get them tomorrow (Friday) so I will know sometime tomorrow. Most stores should be open till 12:30 Sunday night to sell it.[/QUOTE]

Are they staying open late Sunday night, or Monday night? The website make it sound like it is monday that they are staying open late, or maybe I am just reading it wrong?

FYI, for those that dont know, GR gives credit only. There is no cash for trade option. I wonder what those EB games that are cheap/free after coupon fetch at GR, seeing as how EB has an exclusion list and GR doesnt (really).

A lot of the $3.99/4.99 used games from EB usually fetch about $1.50 at GameRush...not really worth it unless you use two for the trade 2 get one for $30 deal.

[quote name='yarnvp']Are they staying open late Sunday night, or Monday night? The website make it sound like it is monday that they are staying open late, or maybe I am just reading it wrong?[/QUOTE]

Late Sunday, early Monday until 12:30 AM Monday.

oops. I meant the cheap/free games at devilscustomersstayaway (aka BestBuy) traded in to GR. Alot of people are buying up those games at their BB stores for the EB PSP tradin deal, but has anyone tried seeing what GR would give? *anxiously awaiting next trade in x games get used game for $1*

my plan,

Use buy 2 get one free to buy 9 $7 games + 6% tax = $44.52
Trade in these 9 games for $1.50 + $5 credit each = $58.50

$58.50 - $44.52 = +$13.98

Then I'll do this back to back for a week

Have any of you tried this?
will Gamerush let me do this? and can I trade games the same day I bought them from the store, or even sell them back to the same store I bought them at? Is there some limit to total number of games traded per week, or per month? Should I move games between two different blockbusters?

Thanks

[quote name='andrew333']every time i see the deals i am particularly delighted to see GR's unending hatred for freestyle street soccer as if the whole chain would be brought down to its knees (ala Drake) if they were to allow this title :)[/QUOTE]
Well, FSS was a blockbuster exclusive originally so all BBs had a ton (at least 10) copies of this game. Buying back copies would essentially mean buying back their own copies (as the regular print run without the BB logo was very limited).

[quote name='atheist_uberboy']my plan,

will Gamerush let me do this? and can I trade games the same day I bought them from the store, or even sell them back to the same store I bought them at? Is there some limit to total number of games traded per week, or per month? Should I move games between two different blockbusters?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they could freeze your account if you do it TOO often.

I dont think the plan about buying GR games and selling them back will turn out as you expect. Give it a try and let us know what you find.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

If you have a few GR's around your area, that could work. Just that when you buy the games, either use another person's account (your mom/girlfriend/friend) or just don't give them a card at all. I don't believe you're required to show them your blockbuster card when you buy the games. And then just spread your games apart to either a few GRs or over the course of 2 or 3 days. That will be almost a safe bet they won't catch you doing something fishy.

Repost from the old thread....
I traded in some PSP games today. Prices are with $5 included...

Wayne Gretzkey $25
World Tour Soccer $25
Dynasty Warriors $29
Spiderman $32.50

hi corycubed, thanks for all your input so far. i was wondering if you should add the trade in price list that somebody made in the last thread. :)

[quote name='JAMMR']Well, FSS was a blockbuster exclusive originally so all BBs had a ton (at least 10) copies of this game. Buying back copies would essentially mean buying back their own copies (as the regular print run without the BB logo was very limited).[/QUOTE]

There was a run without the Blockbuster logo? I was not aware of this. Now I must find one for my Xbox collection. Is there any confirmation that these truly exist?

Does anyone know the trade in value for Dead or Alive Ultimate? I want to try and EB has it for $20.....

I'm not a big fighting fan, but I played the demo and though the graphics were amazing

[quote name='shipwreck']There was a run without the Blockbuster logo? I was not aware of this. Now I must find one for my Xbox collection. Is there any confirmation that these truly exist?[/QUOTE]
I can confirm the Gamecube version exists. I have seen it at Fry's. In the Gamecube Variant Covers thread, someone brought up they saw it as well. I think they said they've seen all versions bust I may be mistaken.

Hey in the previous thread somebody mentioned that if you pre-order Area 51, you get a free Midway Arcade Treasures 2. I can't find that post now, can anyone confirm it?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

This is called "Flipping" and is seriously frowned upon at most GRs as they got scisrewed last year. You are better off utilizing your local EB, TRU, Gamestop, FYE, Best Buy etc to make the deals work for you. Trading games you got from another Gaming Establishment is expected, but Flipping within the same company is a no-no. My GR even tells me each time I do a trade now, that you aren't allowed to trade that game at GR for 30 days. You could get banned. I keep a good rapport with my GR CSRs, they know who I am and are happy to get my business with all the pre-orders I do. If they catch you trying to take advantage it wouldn't be good for you or the rest of us. The more people that are flipping and getting caught the more strict they seem to get.

I wish I had a GameRush... I've got 4 games I need to trade in, but the stoned sounding guy on the phone informed me that 'ummm, we give you money if you give us games' when I asked if they had the deal running for $5 extra when trading in 3+ games for PS2/XBX/etc. I then asked if they were a GameRush or a regular BB, and he said just a regular BB, so I guess I'll take his word for it, since he didn't know of any sale.

I mean, the employees would know if it were a GameRush, right?

[quote name='dinovelvet']Hey in the previous thread somebody mentioned that if you pre-order Area 51, you get a free Midway Arcade Treasures 2. I can't find that post now, can anyone confirm it?[/QUOTE]

Yup this is true, I'm about to trade in my old copy before the rush!!

[quote name='spin03']sorry, just one more question:

cory, at your gamerush, or anyone elses, will they let you trade in amped and get an extra $5 and/or use it towards the trade 2 get any new or preorder game for 29.99? or is it considered a sports game[/QUOTE]

It's probably a YMMV. Technically its considered a sport game but some may and go ahead and do it. At mine I do take it as it does seem to sell well at my store (mines heavily Xbox)

[quote name='hotwls13']This is called "Flipping" and is seriously frowned upon at most GRs as they got scisrewed last year. You are better off utilizing your local EB, TRU, Gamestop, FYE, Best Buy etc to make the deals work for you. Trading games you got from another Gaming Establishment is expected, but Flipping within the same company is a no-no. My GR even tells me each time I do a trade now, that you aren't allowed to trade that game at GR for 30 days. You could get banned. I keep a good rapport with my GR CSRs, they know who I am and are happy to get my business with all the pre-orders I do. If they catch you trying to take advantage it wouldn't be good for you or the rest of us. The more people that are flipping and getting caught the more strict they seem to get.[/QUOTE]

Meh, this is YMMV. I mean what if you pick up a game and truly don't like it. You have to wait to unload it? I don't think they'll mind taking it back.

That and last time I was at my local GR, the guy I talk to all the time mentioned to me that he was waiting for someone to trade in God of War....just as I was buying a copy.

Just to let everyone I finally got some updating into the main deal page. Any suggestions or additions I should put in?

[quote name='CoryCubed']Just to let everyone I finally got some updating into the main deal page. Any suggestions or additions I should put in?[/QUOTE]I'm going to PM you with what I had before, and you can make changes on it however you'd like. I wasn't sure if you would want to keep it, so I took it oof of my post from the last thread. Luckily, I put it into a thread at a different website in case you guys wanted it.

Thanks for doing this Cory.

Oh, and what you've done sucks. ;)

yeah I was wanting just to go off the original page but I turned that into a disaster without the original code. anyways whatever works best

[quote name='andrew333']do regular blockbusters give the extra 5 bux per game when you trade?[/QUOTE]

All should give the extra $5 when you trade 3. Traditional stores may be more picky about what they take though. I know in my area you haft to have the coverart and in some cases the instructions for games though if you have any of those YMMV.

You will find this to be the most aggravating $14 you've ever earned. It will involve a lengthy checkout, a drive to another location, a lengthy sell back and likely a bit of deceit. The whole thing will probably take at least an hour and a half of your time. If you're so eager to make $14 (in cash, no less, not BB credit), wash someone's car or mow a lawn.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Here's a couple of other preorders I've seen on their most recent official list:

Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)

[quote name='Zon27']Meh, this is YMMV. I mean what if you pick up a game and truly don't like it. You have to wait to unload it? I don't think they'll mind taking it back.

That and last time I was at my local GR, the guy I talk to all the time mentioned to me that he was waiting for someone to trade in God of War....just as I was buying a copy.[/QUOTE]

One game here and there is not a problem. That is not what he is talking about. He is talking about purposely buying cheap games to return to the same store or another blockbuster for more credit than he paid. There is some grey area, in the situation you describe, or I think it's OK if you acquire an identical game from another chain and then take one of them back to GR. At least then, you have a receipt to show you purchased it from somewhere else.

does anybody know how much the trade in value of a logitech driving force pro steering wheel is worth at gamerush?

i know a regular steering no brand steering wheel gets $7 bucks (i traded one before). anybody know what the DFP is worth?

[quote name='BlaseDeviant']I wish I had a GameRush... I've got 4 games I need to trade in, but the stoned sounding guy on the phone informed me that 'ummm, we give you money if you give us games' when I asked if they had the deal running for $5 extra when trading in 3+ games for PS2/XBX/etc. I then asked if they were a GameRush or a regular BB, and he said just a regular BB, so I guess I'll take his word for it, since he didn't know of any sale.

I mean, the employees would know if it were a GameRush, right?[/QUOTE]

My local Blockbuster has the "trade 3 games get an extra $5" ad running on their in-store video monitors (along with other promos like the "end of late fees", etc). As I was looking through their used games (for about 15 minutes) I heard the game promo run at least 3 times.

Now, it is an entirely different matter if a specific clerk can handle the transaction. I usually find the manager to do it. Yesterday I went in and the teeny-bopper clerk knew about the deal but had no idea how to do it (it is actually fairly complicated when they ring it up at this store - seems easier at Gamerush for some reason) - she eventually tracked down the manager.

They DO NOT run the new/preorder for $29.99 deal though - that seems to be Gamerush specific. So I use the local Blockbuster for duplicates and getting rid of the Buy 2 Get 1 free extra that I pick up at Gamerush (since invariably I can only find 2 titles I'm insterested in and not a 3rd). This is also the store where I take in printouts of UPC codes and the manager is kind enough to scan the entire sheet for me (I posted these on previous GR threads) so I can plan on what to buy from Target/TRU/Kmart/etc.

What I am a bit worried about is that I think they may have had a big price drop on some of their trade-ins. When I was looking through the used games it seemed that several that I had traded in were selling for about what they gave me in trade - which I assume means they have since dropped the trade-in price? I didn't want to ask because I don't want them thinking I have more copies of said games :).

If anyone gets less than what has been posted on these threads for the last few weeks please let us know.

I got the following yesterday with bonus (these 3 are unchanged anyway):

PS2 XIII - $6.50
GC Powerpuff Girls Relish Rampage - $23
GC Final Fantasy CC - $16

Some of the games (that I can remember!) that seemed to be selling for less than I would expect were Powerdrome and Eyetoy Groove, so I wonder what the trade-in values of those are now.

What're the restrictions on the trade in 2 and get a new or Pre-ordered game for $29.99? Are there any restrictions on certain games, like, how old they can or cannot be?

[quote name='AlCaponeXB']What're the restrictions on the trade in 2 and get a new or Pre-ordered game for $29.99? Are there any restrictions on certain games, like, how old they can or cannot be?[/QUOTE]

Only exclusions are sports titles older than 2004 and some soccer game that they have sitting in piles by the registers :).

That's what makes this deal 100x better than that EB "free" PSP game deal. I tried going to Best Buy to get the $5 or $10 games (with the coupon) after the Best Buy web site said all those games were in stock locally. Well, they weren't. Plus most are exluded at EB. Plus I hate dealing with EB. Plus the Best Buy employees had never heard of the coupon and I didn't want that hassle either. Why people go through all that trouble when ANY new PSP game (not just 6 like at EB) could be had for about $10-$15 out of pocket (depending on the original price of your 3 games and what you get for them) at Gamerush is beyond me (unless of course they don't have access to a Gamerush!).

EDIT: oh yeah, plus you can use GBA trades at GR for the deals.

So, this also applies for the $5 extra too?! Sweet!

Ok, I'm thinking of trading these:
Exhibition Demo Disc 1
Robin Hood: DotC
Stake:FF
Rogue Ops
RoadKill
Rally Fusion
Dead to Rights
Vexx
RLH
MLB Slugfest 2004
Oddworld Munch's Oddysee
Hunter: The Reckoning
Sega GT 2004
TC's Rainbow6 III
SW: The Clone Wars
Shenmue II
GBtG
Spawn: Armageddon
Gunvalkyrie

All I got during the CC $5 deal last year. Out of those, which should be the two cheapest I should use for the new game for $29.99 deal to buy for Splinter Cell:CT and which of the rest should I use to trade in? I'm also thinking about buying another game for $29.99, so I need to more possible cheap ones and I need a list of games that apply for that deal. Thanks.

Yesterday i traded:

Brothers In Arms - $35
Dead or Alive 3 -$7
ps2 socom headset - $15

and you cant forget the tax they give you back + $3.42

preordered Unreal Championship 2

so now i'm waiting on Unreal 2, Wrestlemania 21 and Black Hawk Down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back