Gamerush Deals Thread! (TRADE 3 get PO for $5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoryCubed

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR GAMERUSH (pm/post with any suggestions)

If your in the Oklahoma City area stop by my store at Nw 50th and MacArthur (for now). If your a flipper/scammer at least spare my store the crap titles unless its for presales...thanks. If your good I may hook up with with a special "modification" to a current deal that you may greatly enjoy...

Please note in the next few weeks I will be changing stores to Hefner and Rockwell. They needed the help and while I like my store the pay raise was justifiable and my current sm is moving to pittsburg.

Current Deals

Trade 3 games get an extra $5 per game (LAST DAY IS MAY 16!)

Beginning March 15th till May 23rd, trade 3 games get an extra $5 per game. PSP, NDS, GBA, Xbox, Gcube, and PS2 only. No sports games before '04 and no Freestyle Street Soccer, or minigames/demo discs (the usuals). Also be aware some titles that sell for $4.99 may not work either (Haven, Project Eden, etc.) So don't get upset when they don't.

You may be limited to 10 per day though YMMV.

Trade 2 games and get New Releases and Pre-Orders for $29.99 til September 5th (subject to change)

Should go till September 5th. New releases and Preorder games only $29.99 with 2 game trades (see exclusions above or aka the usual).

Buy 1 get 1 50% til close of business May 16

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64. If any employee disagrees they can call my store at 1-700-22-40049 (not many people know about it but it calls the store in the company by the last 5 digits store code).

Buy 1 Preowned game get another 1 for 50% off. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.
Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

Previously buy 2 get 1 free

Several PS1 deals

Buy two new PS1 games, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

Buy any 5 preowned PS1 Games for $20!
Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 10 preowned PS1 games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter
2 out= $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

PAST DEALS (for informational purposes only!)

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20.

Buy 10 PS1 Games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Buy any game and get it's strategy guide for 20% off.

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

What can I trade?

Trading Formats: PSP, DS, Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

ALL STORES WILL BE ACCEPTING PSP MOVIES FOR TRADE AS OF 5/3/05 possibly sooner. (some are in there but not most of the current releases).

Some Credit Values as of
04/12/05 (Credit goes to AzianAsspicker)

Doom3- 35
DBZ Sagas- 35
Dynasty Warriors-35
God of War- 35
Jade Empire-35
BIA: Road to Hill 30- 35
DMC3-30
Fight Night Round2- 30
Gran Turismo 4- 30
NBA Street v3- 30
NFS Underground Rivals- 30
Star Fox: Assault- 30
Star Wars Republic Commando- 30
Tekken 5- 30
Timesplitters Future Perfect- 30
Splinter Cell: C.T.- 30
Tony Hawk Underground 2 RE- 30
Cold Fear- 25
WWE Wrestlemania 21: Become a Legend- 25
Dynasty Warriors- 23
Close Combat: Frist to Fight- 20
DK Junglebeat- 20
Lego Star Wars- 20
Metal Gear Acid- 20
MX vs. ATV Unleased- 20
NBA- 20
Ridge Racer- 20
Stolen- 20
Ghost Recon 2- 20
Twisted Metal: Head-on- 20
Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade- 20
World Soccer tour 2005- 18
Wario Ware: Touched!- 18
MVP Baseball 2005- 15
Pokemon Dash- 12.50
Wario Ware: Twisted- 12
Yoshi Touch & Go- 12
Major League Baseball 2K5- 10
Full Spectrum Warrior- 8
Narc- 8

Accessories:
Ps2- Memory card Sony-15
Ps2- Network Adapter- 15
Ps2- USB Headset *any brand*- 12
Ps2- Dual Shock Controller- 4
XB- S Controller- 16
XB- Microsoft DVD Remote w/ sensor- 15
XB- Memory Card- 4
GC- Nintendo Memory Card 16mb-10
GC- Component Cable- 8
GC- Nintendo Memory Card 4mb- 3

Hardware
PS2 $95
PS2 Slim $95
Xbox $95
DS $85
GBA SP $45
GC $25
PSP $175

Credit goes to video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

This is becoming less common very quickly. Probably down to about 50% accurate.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00

Can't think of anything to pre-order? Here's some ideas that are in the system... Credit to spin 03 and ksuwild25

Note on Game Rush release dates...keeping checking throughout Tuesday and Wednesday as thats when Game Rush gets games usually - never ever trust the Game Rush computer as it still goes by the Blockbuster date for traditional stores to receive their rental games (which is typically Friday).

Unreal Champ. 2 XB
Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Area 51 XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Dead to Rights II XB/PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Forza Racing XB
Advent Rising XB
Star Wars Episode III PS2/XB
Conker XB
Jade Empire XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
GTA: SA XB
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
NCAA Footaball 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2
Gran Turismo PSP
Grand Theft Auto PSP
Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)

OTHER INFO

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you.

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by flipping games) they do have the abillity to ban you from all GameRush locations if they want to (and as I have done but that was only because I was tired of crap PS1...).

Release dates - Go by the shipping date. 9 times out of 10 it is not what the Blockbuster computer says. The computer date is when traditional stores can expect to receive their rental games.

Game Rush receives games typically on Tuesday and Wednesday of the games release. Only reason EB and Gamestop get them a day before is because they get special shipments or their dm picks the games up and brings back that evening (or they are near distribution centers).

Some games have street dates but this is few and far between (outrun 2, halo 2, star wars episode 3, doom 3 are it in the past 6 months).

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Don't seem to be working anymore...I will put them back up on request(pm) or if they become live again.

Credits

sj41 and waffles 'n' syrup (same person)- Original creator and maintainer of the other GameRush threads. He has made most of the things in this post.
Wshakspear- Told CAG about GameRush.
CoryCubed- Manager at a GameRush that has given us several updates on the deals and other information about GameRush. He will now take place of me (sj41) as the GameRush OP.
drfrielgood- GameRush employee that has been updating us on GameRush information constantly.
Zon27- Nearly every week he has typed and posted the latest trade in prices. Thanks for doing all you can to help us out, even though you're not a GameRush employee.
And everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks guys! :)

These trades are from the 11th with the extra $5 added.

GBA - Metal Slug Advance - $16.00
GBA - Pokemon Sapphire - $14.00
GBA - Wing Commander: Prophecy - $17.00

I can't believe they give so much credit for these GBA games. I'd trade in more but I want to keep everything I have left. I'm going to weed out some more PS2 and GC games next.

Just got back from BB and they wouldn't give me the $5 bonus. I had 6 games I picked up from CC. He said they got a memo not to do it anymore, although I'm a bit skeptical. This guy used to work at my EB before he mysteriously vanished, so I'm wondering if he's pulling his crap here too.

Also does anyone know if credit from one Blockbuster transfers to another? Or do you need seperate memberships at different BBs? There are two in my town. Was wondering if the other would do the $5 bonus if I could combine with what I have at the other store.

im pissed. i just called my gamerush and i wanted to pick up my jade empire preorder, and the guy told me they got it, but they cant sell it until the 15th because thats what the system says. hes full of it. the manager sold me doom 3 early, so im sure they dont have a problem selling the game, and the street date has already passed. i hate these new gamerush CSRs. the only CSR that is still working at my GR is leaving at the end of the month. i guess ill have to go to other gamerush. its only a 10 minute drive, so not bad, and all of the employees there let me double dip

Darn! I pickup Doom 3 (regular version) for my friend Birthday but he already have DOOM 3 Limited Edtion version. I wonder GR let you exchange instore giftcard cuz i not really sure what game he wanted.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Darn! I pickup Doom 3 (regular version) for my friend Birthday but he already have DOOM 3 Limited Edtion version. I wonder GR let you exchange instore giftcard cuz i not really sure what game he wanted.[/QUOTE]

if you have the receipt, you should get all of your money back. if you spent credit on the game, they will refund you your credit

[quote name='spin03']im pissed. i just called my gamerush and i wanted to pick up my jade empire preorder, and the guy told me they got it, but they cant sell it until the 15th because thats what the system says. hes full of it. the manager sold me doom 3 early, so im sure they dont have a problem selling the game, and the street date has already passed. i hate these new gamerush CSRs. the only CSR that is still working at my GR is leaving at the end of the month. i guess ill have to go to other gamerush. its only a 10 minute drive, so not bad, and all of the employees there let me double dip[/QUOTE]

Gah the one other thing in the world that kills me. All my presales have already gotten theres (we had 6 or 7) and I sold 2 more on top of that today. Whats up with these defunct Game Rushes?

Once again for any employee that doesn't know this and they can call my store and I'll tell them myself that 9 times out of 10 the date in the computer is the date traditional (non-gamerush) stores should receive their rental.

Yes we do have street date titles and those are they exception (Doom, OutRun 2, Halo 2, thats really been it in recent memory) but all other games go out WITHIN 2 HOURS of receiving them. Its the #1 priority when games come in is to get them put out.

Sorry I'm bitter at how these stores are being run. Blockbuster has the general ground work correct but it kills me how poorly implemented some stores follow it.

Upon further reading it seems to be more a employee training issue. Still many stores do have this philosophy.

[quote name='hbkid10x']Just got back from BB and they wouldn't give me the $5 bonus. I had 6 games I picked up from CC. He said they got a memo not to do it anymore, although I'm a bit skeptical. This guy used to work at my EB before he mysteriously vanished, so I'm wondering if he's pulling his crap here too.

Also does anyone know if credit from one Blockbuster transfers to another? Or do you need seperate memberships at different BBs? There are two in my town. Was wondering if the other would do the $5 bonus if I could combine with what I have at the other store.[/QUOTE]

You can have them put your credit on a gift card. Then you can take your credit to the other store.

i stopped by my gamerush, and i got my jade empire, so it worked out well.

traded in:
powerdrome (xbox)-16
powerdrome (ps2)-12
metroid prime-12
super smash brothers melee-17.50

preordered coded arms and psychonauts

Arcadia GR turned me down today when attempting to double dip--however it was a new guy working and he said that they weren't supposed to do it anymore, and it even says in the fine print, blah blah blah.

I'm going back tomorrow and i'm determined to work with someone else and come home with a copy of MC3!

Yesterday I went to a regular Blockbuster I'd never been to before and was glad to see that they had giant signs all over the game section with the trade 3 get $5 bonus deal, so I knew it would work out. The two employees there, on the other hand, had NO idea how to add the extra $5 in. They even called two other stores and no one there knew either. Finally one of them figured it out on his own. Very strange - I would think they would have done a few trades by then (but then I looked at their preowned game section and it was pathetic so maybe not).

I got the following with the $5 bonus included:

PS2 - NBA Live 2004: $10
PS2 - Big Mutha Truckers: $8 ($1.99 at CC)
PS2 - XIII: holding steady at $6.50 (was worried this might drop like Turok did)
Xbox - Powerdrome: $16 ($4.96 at CC)

Then today I went to Gamerush (after a wasted trip to another CC which had NOTHING that wasn't value-tagged and was very organized - no hidden titles behind any others on the shelves - damn them!) and traded another NBA Live 2004 and Powerdrome along with:

GBA - Wing Commander Prophecy: $17 ($7.98 at TRU)
PS2 - Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu: $10 ($1.99 at CC)

and, thanks to a tip from a CAG in this thread, preordered Shadow of Colossus. Luckily the very friendly GR guy was there and doing my trades. He informed me that I have the most preorders (9) of anyone in their system. Why not when you can get them paid for with about 15 out of pocket! Now I just need to find the time to play all these games along with the backlog of games I already have. Seems like I've been spending all my gaming time chasing down deals and doing trade-ins and NOT ACTUALLY PLAYING anything. I'm sure some of you can relate.

I just read about the PSP Jak (or Daxter really) game recently announced so I asked him about it - he said it is in the system for preorder! So I'm going to go back soon and make it 10 preorders... Now if they'd just get Fire Emblem sorted out I would preorder that as well.

In contrast to the regular BB, at the GR 3 other people came in to do game trades/$29.99 purchases while I was at the store. I don't think anyone rented a video during that time.

[quote name='JDMxB']Arcadia GR turned me down today when attempting to double dip--however it was a new guy working and he said that they weren't supposed to do it anymore, and it even says in the fine print, blah blah blah.

I'm going back tomorrow and i'm determined to work with someone else and come home with a copy of MC3![/QUOTE]

That's bad news. I was hoping to get MC3 as well with double dip.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']That's bad news. I was hoping to get MC3 as well with double dip.[/QUOTE]

Hearing all the stories on CAG of GR's suddenly stopping the double-dipping is one of the reasons I keep buying cheap games, and going in and doing all the preorders I can, as fast as I can. I'm sure they'll kill the double-dipping at *some* point. It would still be a good deal without it, but it is a freaking incredible deal with. If I knew for sure that both deals could be combined through May I'd take it a little more leasurely...

That reminds me, I didn't see anything on the GR web site that stated the duration of the 2 deals, but the initial post in this thread has it as some specific date in late May (too lazy to look right now and the exact date isn't that important). I'm a bit worried that they'll pull an EB and just end the promotions entirely at an earlier date (let alone double-dipping), since the dates don't seem to be published (any more? - I swear I saw them somewhere official at some point?).

Any word from the GR employees here about the specifics of the dates for the two deals and how firm these are? Is it even a policy of theirs to change things during the promotion (like EB) or do they simply not do this (then I can relax!)?

[quote name='io']

Any word from the GR employees here about the specifics of the dates for the two deals and how firm these are? Is it even a policy of theirs to change things during the promotion (like EB) or do they simply not do this (then I can relax!)?[/QUOTE]

The Dates are direct from our MAP (store planogram) (tells us what to put out and when and for how long).

It has May 23rd as the end date for both deals (don't know whats coming after). Its doubtful they will pull it early. Main problem Blockbuster is having right now is labor.

[quote name='sirinam']Anyone knows how much Robotech: battlecry would get? thanks[/QUOTE]

The last time I traded the xbox version I got $3 + $5 bonus= $8.

I scored yesterday. I went in to pickup Jade Empire LE and I found in the used GC area a mint condition Backyard Baseball. That game is rare and really hard to find, I've been wanting it for my little nephew since last x-mas it was marked @ $24.99 and I picked up Boktai 2 for $5 after the 50% off (buy 1 get one 50% off) and the game looks like it was never played the box is opened but the game is in the little bag, the instructions were never touched. Sweet! :)

[quote name='io']Hearing all the stories on CAG of GR's suddenly stopping the double-dipping is one of the reasons I keep buying cheap games, and going in and doing all the preorders I can, as fast as I can. I'm sure they'll kill the double-dipping at *some* point. It would still be a good deal without it, but it is a freaking incredible deal with. If I knew for sure that both deals could be combined through May I'd take it a little more leasurely...

That reminds me, I didn't see anything on the GR web site that stated the duration of the 2 deals, but the initial post in this thread has it as some specific date in late May (too lazy to look right now and the exact date isn't that important). I'm a bit worried that they'll pull an EB and just end the promotions entirely at an earlier date (let alone double-dipping), since the dates don't seem to be published (any more? - I swear I saw them somewhere official at some point?).

Any word from the GR employees here about the specifics of the dates for the two deals and how firm these are? Is it even a policy of theirs to change things during the promotion (like EB) or do they simply not do this (then I can relax!)?[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that. My current pre-order list is quite extensive.

[quote name='hbkid10x']Just got back from BB and they wouldn't give me the $5 bonus. I had 6 games I picked up from CC. He said they got a memo not to do it anymore, although I'm a bit skeptical. This guy used to work at my EB before he mysteriously vanished, so I'm wondering if he's pulling his crap here too.

Also does anyone know if credit from one Blockbuster transfers to another? Or do you need seperate memberships at different BBs? There are two in my town. Was wondering if the other would do the $5 bonus if I could combine with what I have at the other store.[/QUOTE]

This guy is clearly a dick wad, I hope you didn't do the trade. There is a new guy at one of my GR's who is super cool. Allowed me to dbl dip, and gave me full credit for the extra copy of Jade Empire I had preordered way back when. He didn't blink an eye.

My GameRush double-dipped once, and that's it.....I think they wised up on it. I don't even bother to take in mroe than two games lately....I may try again.

Also, anyone know what Rocky Legends still gets? I noticed Overstock has it for $15...and I may try it for that...and if I hate it, I trade it.

[quote name='doubledown']My GameRush double-dipped once, and that's it.....I think they wised up on it. I don't even bother to take in mroe than two games lately....I may try again.

Also, anyone know what Rocky Legends still gets? I noticed Overstock has it for $15...and I may try it for that...and if I hate it, I trade it.[/QUOTE]

Xbox version gets $18 (without $5 bonus), as of last Saturday.

[quote name='Snake2715']Does this extra $5 credit work at regular BlockBusters also?

And is there a list of games anywhere ?[/QUOTE]

Anybody?

The one I called didnt know of the $5 bonus but i am not sure if they are just being dumb

[quote name='Snake2715']Anybody?

The one I called didnt know of the $5 bonus but i am not sure if they are just being dumb[/QUOTE]

It's valid at the regular BB's here in Ohio.

[quote name='jevon90']didn't find it in a search, but do gamerush's trade in jampacks?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='j-fever']No GameRush does not accept jam Packs, they do not scan...[/QUOTE]

:)

[quote name='OSURules']It's valid at the regular BB's here in Ohio.[/QUOTE]

i've seen the promo advertised at a few of the regular bb's in SoCal as well. best of luck to ya' :)

Oddly enough we got our map in today and while the trade 3 for extra 15 ends May 23rd they are now saying 9/5 for the Trade 2 get 1 for $29.99. Yes thats September 5th. I'll be looking into this just to make sure.

[quote name='CoryCubed']Oddly enough we got our map in today and while the trade 3 for extra 15 ends May 23rd they are now saying 9/5 for the Trade 2 get 1 for $29.99. Yes thats September 5th. I'll be looking into this just to make sure.[/QUOTE]
That is amazing. I've got pretty much everything I want reserved so far but hey maybe there will be a release date for Tales of Legendia by then.

Do you have any idea as to why GR stores don't get games from every publisher? It seems GR never gets anything from Atlus. I'm sure there are other publishers that are missed as well. Do they only pick up the bigger publishers?

[quote name='Zennousha']That is amazing. I've got pretty much everything I want reserved so far but hey maybe there will be a release date for Tales of Legendia by then.

Do you have any idea as to why GR stores don't get games from every publisher? It seems GR never gets anything from Atlus. I'm sure there are other publishers that are missed as well. Do they only pick up the bigger publishers?[/QUOTE]

Are they still double dipping in Macedonia?

[quote name='doubledown']My GameRush double-dipped once, and that's it.....I think they wised up on it. I don't even bother to take in mroe than two games lately....I may try again.

Also, anyone know what Rocky Legends still gets? I noticed Overstock has it for $15...and I may try it for that...and if I hate it, I trade it.[/QUOTE]

I got 23$ yesterday.

[quote name='CoryCubed']Oddly enough we got our map in today and while the trade 3 for extra 15 ends May 23rd they are now saying 9/5 for the Trade 2 get 1 for $29.99. Yes thats September 5th. I'll be looking into this just to make sure.[/QUOTE]

Holy cr*p, that would be awesome... I can save a few of my cheapo games for later then. I was just in preordering the PSP Jak & Daxter and asked about Mario Kart and Animal Crossing DS. They are not in the system or the map (which I checked out - seems the system has much more than the map - like PSP and PS2 Jak). They have the new Nintendo DS catalogs that show Animal Crossing and Mario Kart (and Metroid Pinball!) but can't preorder any of them yet (Polarium and Need for Speed are under preorder for DS though). If, for some reason, they never add them to the system, hopefully I can use the $29.99 deal when they come out to get them. I'm assuming those titles will retail for $39.99.

Trades today (with bonus):
PS2 - Constantine: $23 ($9.90 from Fry's - they have a *ton* for both PS2 and Xbox)
PS2 - Robin Hood: $13 ($4.98 at Target)
and another Powerdrome for Xbox ($16) from my otherwise uneventful CC trip.

Paid for PSP Jak and had $22 credit left over with less than $20 out of pocket. Gotta love GR... And if they are really extending the $29.99 deal until September they must be getting a good deal on their end as well - everyone's happy!

Hmm, PS2 Constantine, I didn't know that was on clearance. So I think I'm going to bite the bullet, I've convinced my son to trade in his DS for a PSP. I've built about 200 in credit so with the 95 I get for his system and whatever for the two games he has, I should be sitting pretty. I have about 20 preorders in the system for xbox, and I've struggled to find any new ones (used all the news items from this weeks list as well). So time to start preordering PSP stuff :)

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

[quote name='stoned99']Hmm, PS2 Constantine, I didn't know that was on clearance. So I think I'm going to bite the bullet, I've convinced my son to trade in his DS for a PSP. I've built about 200 in credit so with the 95 I get for his system and whatever for the two games he has, I should be sitting pretty. I have about 20 preorders in the system for xbox, and I've struggled to find any new ones (used all the news items from this weeks list as well). So time to start preordering PSP stuff :)

Anybody have any thoughts on this?[/QUOTE]

Build up more credit with Constantine et al and then get a PSP to GO WITH his DS. :) I honestly think the DS has a lot of potential though the list of titles is pretty bad now. Check out the new Nintendo DS catalog if you get the chance. Of course if you don't want him to have both for some reason, just keep the PSP for yourself (of course he can borrow it).

[quote name='io']Build up more credit with Constantine et al and then get a PSP to GO WITH his DS. :) I honestly think the DS has a lot of potential though the list of titles is pretty bad now. Check out the new Nintendo DS catalog if you get the chance. Of course if you don't want him to have both for some reason, just keep the PSP for yourself (of course he can borrow it).[/QUOTE]

I've held onto my DS for exactly the same reasons...

Castlevania, Mario Kart, Zelda, etc...plus going to E3 will really put some hype into DS. For sure...lots of good stuff at E3 this year.

[quote name='AzianAsspicker']Rb6 BA, 8 dollars
Crimson skies 8 dollars
Timesplitters 2 ??

These are prices without the extra 5 dollars.[/QUOTE]

Black Arrow only goes for 8 bucks?? I bought for about 25 bucks last month at EB games, that's dissapointing.

[quote name='galvatron2k1']Are they still double dipping in Macedonia?[/QUOTE]
Haven't been out there in a while. It's kinda far out of the way for me and driving around Akron, even in the afternoon, takes too much time unless I've traded in too many things recently at my closer GRs and actually have decent time off.

As for Mario Kart DS and Animal Crossing. I made a few calls today (computer support, store support, and the games territory specialist) about adding them in.

I got the we'll forward it up to whomever but we'll see how it turns out. Just keep checking.

[quote name='CoryCubed']As for Mario Kart DS and Animal Crossing. I made a few calls today (computer support, store support, and the games territory specialist) about adding them in.

I got the we'll forward it up to whomever but we'll see how it turns out. Just keep checking.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks! Maybe that will get someone's attention. I'll definitely check in a week or two and see if it has shown up. Of course if you find out first please let us know here!

[quote name='xboxowns']Black Arrow only goes for 8 bucks?? I bought for about 25 bucks last month at EB games, that's dissapointing.[/QUOTE]
yeh price drop 19.99

[quote name='Masterkyo']Pickup Jade Empire LE today at GR (The 1 & Only version they have instock) :)[/QUOTE]

Masterkyo, did you preorder Jade Empire as a LE because when I tried to pickup my preorder of it, they told me that I can't get it because my preorder receipt doesn't say LE on it. Since most people on here say all the versions that the BB's got were the LE, shouldn't they have given it to me? Of course, I could just have a horrible BB but in their defense, the gamerush guys who usually know better weren't working there tonight.

[quote name='NineH']Masterkyo, did you preorder Jade Empire as a LE because when I tried to pickup my preorder of it, they told me that I can't get it because my preorder receipt doesn't say LE on it. Since most people on here say all the versions that the BB's got were the LE, shouldn't they have given it to me? Of course, I could just have a horrible BB but in their defense, the gamerush guys who usually know better weren't working there tonight.[/QUOTE]
My receipt only said "Jade Empire" on it for the preorder but listed it as "Jade Empire LE" for the sale. I stopped by around 11:30 on Wednesday and the dude working in the game section said it wasn't in yet, told me it'd be in by noon or 1'ish. So I go grab a bite to eat and whatnot, then stop by at 2 and he hands me the LE version since they don't carry the normal one and he even called me the moment they got the game in.

[quote name='polobearjp']My receipt only said "Jade Empire" on it for the preorder but listed it as "Jade Empire LE" for the sale. I stopped by around 11:30 on Wednesday and the dude working in the game section said it wasn't in yet, told me it'd be in by noon or 1'ish. So I go grab a bite to eat and whatnot, then stop by at 2 and he hands me the LE version since they don't carry the normal one and he even called me the moment they got the game in.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info polobearjp. I'm guessing I just got an employee that wasn't too sure what he was doing because he told me to come back tomorrow afternoon when he claimed that they will get the regular versions in. I think he was just saying anything to get me out of the store so I'll try and get one of the gamerush guys to help me out tomorrow then.

[quote name='NineH']Thanks for the info polobearjp. I'm guessing I just got an employee that wasn't too sure what he was doing because he told me to come back tomorrow afternoon when he claimed that they will get the regular versions in. I think he was just saying anything to get me out of the store so I'll try and get one of the gamerush guys to help me out tomorrow then.[/QUOTE]

I think LE is the only version Jade Empire came out with. If you go to EB's website, they only list the LE version. I know you are getting yours at GR, but if there was another version, EB would have it listed.

SOS--did you get a chance to try out Arcadia?

I went by today and saw the same guy working, so I didn't even bother to get out of my car.

Also--Industry Frys has no more Constantines, I was able to get 1 of each and there were no more to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back