Gamerush New Releases $29.99 with trade - HOT!!!

pistonfan

CAGiversary!
I was just at my local Gamerush (SE Michigan) and picked up an in-store flyer. All hot new releases (flyer shows Red Dead Revolver, Rallisport 2, and Syphon Filter: Omega Strain) are $29.99 with a trade in. I traded in 007 Everything or Nothing for $25 and got Full Spectrum Warrior for $6.80 with tax ($29.99 - $25 trade + tax). The woman there said this was new for June and would last until at least June 14. Now is the time to trade in those games they pay $25 & up for that you got doing the $9.99 trade 2 deal.

btw, they are still doing that trade2 get one PO for 9.99...use the two deals well enough and you get a really cheap game without trading in any of your good games.

On a side note, im going to go put down a $5 deposit on Psi-Ops to get MK:DA, trade in some game to get Psi-ops for $30 than trade in MK. should work out nicely in my favor.

wait, they have Full Spectrum Warrior for $29.99? Is this new and sealed or used?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm a bit slow today.

They are starting to convert some BBs into gamerush centers here in Indy, but by the time they are done this deal will likely be over.

wait, they have Full Spectrum Warrior for $29.99? Is this new and sealed or used?
I got a brand new, sealed copy of FSW for $29.99 with trade-in. I used my $25 trade-in credit to make FSW $4.99 + tax. The deal is a new realese (new, sealed) for $29.99 with trade.

Yeah, I reread the post and turned my brain on and figured it out. Sure wish the Blockbusters here would hurry up and open a Gamerush, that's an awesome deal.

Any trade in restrictions? System, no sports games?
Flyer says - offer valid for a limited time. offer limited to one (1) per customer for hot new release game titles priced $29.99 or more and must be purchased in the same transaction as the game traded. offer cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. customer responsible for applicable taxes. available at participating stores while supplies last. subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details.

I don't know about restrictions (never thought to ask as I had a newer GCN trade). Also, I don't know what Gamerush considers a "hot new release". My BB had no problem selling FSW for $29.99

Wow, I wonder where the nearest GameRush is, that sounds like a great deal. I need to get rid of my Pandora Tommorow .

Is there a way to find the nearest stores on their site rather than just a huge list of the stores in MI?

Sounds like a cool deal. Think I'll trade in a couple of games towards Rally2 tomorrow. Thanks!

I believe there is also a coupon in this month's GamePro magazine (maybe others as well) that allows you to get $10 off any game $39.99 or more.

thanks for the tip I will check it out, which one did you go to in SE Michigan?

The one in Novi?
I went to the one in Waterford. Good store (nice employees), but the used selection is a little bare. They did have 2 Hitman Contracts for PS2 a couple of days ago though. I'm just glad that MI is finally able to get in on a great deal for a change. The Waterford Best Buy never has any of the $.01 demos/guides and only had 1 $4.99 game.

I just checked out www.gamerush.com and it looks like there is a .pdf coupon for this deal for all new releases (not just the hot releases you mentioned). That's a pretty decent deal if they will take one of these Blowout's off my hands. :D

[quote name='Wshakspear']too many Michiganders in this thread...kinda creepy![/quote]

Then I'll just add to the creepiness factor. Incidentally, any Michiganders in the Grand Rapids area? It would be cool to coordinate our local info. :D

Gamerush is nuts. This deal sounds great, but I already got everything I wanted from their last deal, AND still have $80 in Gamerush/Blockbuster credit remaining. I think if I told my wife we had to go back to GR one more time, she would kill me.
By the way...Michiganders are AWESOME. :shock:

I just want to clarify something....they're going to give you the trade-in credit for your game, plus give you the new release for 29.99? That is pretty great...but it doesn't say that 100% on the coupon. Has anyone run into any problems with the store's manager thinking that they get your game for free and let you get the new release for 29.99? The manager of the blockbuster/gamerush I called today told me I had to come in after 2 because that's when her "game trader" was in, she really didn't know much about game rush at all. Any help would be appreciated I'd love to snag a new game really cheap.

Anyone how how much they are giving for a Splinter Cell: Pandora's tomorrow?

Oh and one more question, just wondering if they give you any more on a trade-in if the game happens to be sealed...

$25 for SC:pT
They mention the trade in credit in the commercial as well.
And no, they dont give you more if its sealed

So the trade in 2, get one used 9.99 is officially over then?
I don't think it is. The Waterford store still had their handwritten signs back up over the used games for the trade 2, get 1 for $9.99. They originally told me it was going to last until the end of May, but may be extended by corporate.

My plan:
Go up to GR, Pre-order Psi-Ops woith $5 down (thus getting MK:DA free when picked up).
When it comes in, i'll trade in some random game to get it to 29.99, then the $5 i already had on-it, making it $25. I beleive the game i'd be trading in would fetch $25, so i'll probably end up paying 1.80 for 2 games :)

...and most likely i'll trade in MK:da...

Traded in Burnout2 & Indiana Jones, paid $18 & walked out with Rally Sport2.

Traded in ATV2, paid $25 and walked out with Riddick.

Went to gamestop and bought the cheapest ps1 games they had, bought 3 2.99 ones because I only say one for 99 cents and it was buy 2 get one free and you can see why I didn't get it, anyway I went to gamerush and traded those in and got 4.50 and then bought NFL Street and then I traded that back in for 25 credit and bought fight night 2004 for 30-25 credit so I should have only paid 5 bucks but the manager, yes the manager, rang it up wrong and I ended up paying 2.71 for Fight Night 2004 (new) for Xbox, lol. And I even said I didn't understand how it came out to that and she went over it but I dont think she knew what she was talking about. So 6.34 (ps1 games) + 2.71 (amount due) = 9.05 (amount paid for fight night 2004 :))

I got SC:pT for $29.46. I got $3 trade in credit for NCAA 2K3 that I paid $3.19 for. So I got a brand new game for less than $30. The online's pretty good for this game.

I went to Gamerush on Staten Island today and I was very happy with how it went!

The game trader who was manning the desk told me that tomorrow (Sunday) is the last day for the trade-in 2, get used for 9.99. I traded in Hobbit and Road Rash Jailbreak for GBA....I was shocked to find the trade-in credit was $13 each! That's more than I paid for them new, Road Rash was $10 from EBgames.com and Hobbit was $3 after rebate from EBgames.com several months ago. How much could they possibly hope to resell that garbage for? I know people say they are trying to build up a stock, must be, they're definately have to become stingier like EB and Gamestop down the road, no way they can continue to give so much credit for old crap.

Anyhow I picked up Splinter Cell Pandora's tomorrow preowned for 9.99, so I came out with a little over $15 BB/GR credit. That's amazing, a new preowned game plus $15 in credit for 2 games worth next to nothing......I will note though, I was told I could only do it once that day...and that I couldn't trade the Splinter Cell back into them (i'd have preferred to use the $25 in credit towards a new gba game) either until tomorrow. Did anyone else get told that also?

It took me a long time to get over to Gamerush since I don't live in Staten Island, too bad it's ending tomorrow, I may go back....this deal that's expiring in my opinion than the new $20 off one....which is good also....but there's nothing brand new I'm dying for, and I never pay $49.99 for a game ever. You can always find pretty much everything for 39.99 after a very short amount of time with the help of CAG. But it is really good if you are picking up a brand new release.

[quote name='sj41']I got SC:pT for $29.46. I got $3 trade in credit for NCAA 2K3 that I paid $3.19 for. So I got a brand new game for less than $30. The online's pretty good for this game.[/quote]

thats still a good deal but, a while back compusa was selling it for 30 shipped :(

did you get 2 months or 12 months of xbox live with it?

Interesting. GBA games are NOT included in the trade deal. No cartridge games are. Only PS1, PS2, XBOX, and CUBE. Methinks you got lucky.

Also, what's up with all these great used game finds?! I live in South Lyon, MI and freqent 3 Gamerush stores here (Brighton, Wixom, and NOVI) and they are cleaned out for new relases. I'm dying to find a Hitman Contracts or Ralisport Challenge 2 in the used section.

Xphyle

[quote name='scuba'][quote name='sj41']I got SC:pT for $29.46. I got $3 trade in credit for NCAA 2K3 that I paid $3.19 for. So I got a brand new game for less than $30. The online's pretty good for this game.[/quote]

thats still a good deal but, a while back compusa was selling it for 30 shipped :(

did you get 2 months or 12 months of xbox live with it?[/quote] I wasn't able to get the deal then. :cry: Sadly, I got the 2 month trial. :cry: :cry: If you were there to see my dissapointment. It sucks even more since I have already used a trial. :cry: :cry: :cry:

[quote name='Xphyle']

Also, what's up with all these great used game finds?! I live in South Lyon, MI and freqent 3 Gamerush stores here (Brighton, Wixom, and NOVI) and they are cleaned out for new relases. I'm dying to find a Hitman Contracts or Ralisport Challenge 2 in the used section.

Xphyle[/quote] They really didn't have any used for me either. I probally should have gotten NFL Street.

Yes they dont have any good used games except like nfl street but once you buy that trade it back in, you will get 25 trade ion credit and then since you can get any new release for 30 any new game they have will cost 5 plus tax, the person who did rang me up thought I was a freak, lol but I dont care I got a sweet deal on a 50 dollar game

Was this in response to my post or someone elses? I know carts are not part of the latest offer but are you sure they were excluded from the trade 2 get preowned 9.99? Because this game trader seemed to be pretty up on his stuff, and he didn't have any problem with it. He was actually thrilled to get a box and manual on the GBA games. That's a seperate gripe I have, that its hard to find used GBA games with box/manual anywhere.....

[quote name='Xphyle']Interesting. GBA games are NOT included in the trade deal. No cartridge games are. Only PS1, PS2, XBOX, and CUBE. Methinks you got lucky.

Xphyle[/quote]

They let you trade it back in right away? My game trader said i'd have to come back the next day.....

[quote name='scuba']Yes they dont have any good used games except like nfl street but once you buy that trade it back in, you will get 25 trade ion credit and then since you can get any new release for 30 any new game they have will cost 5 plus tax, the person who did rang me up thought I was a freak, lol but I dont care I got a sweet deal on a 50 dollar game[/quote]

I don't know for certain, but since it's not on the current offers on the web site, and they got this new deal goin.....that's what the guy said and he seemed to know what he was talking about....

[quote name='sj41']This is over, nationwide, tomorrow?[/quote]

[quote name='jshorr']They let you trade it back in right away? My game trader said i'd have to come back the next day.....

[quote name='scuba']Yes they dont have any good used games except like nfl street but once you buy that trade it back in, you will get 25 trade ion credit and then since you can get any new release for 30 any new game they have will cost 5 plus tax, the person who did rang me up thought I was a freak, lol but I dont care I got a sweet deal on a 50 dollar game[/quote][/quote]

I was typing really fast and didn't re-read it and I now just read what I wrote and couldn't understand it, lol. Anyway yes why wouldn't I be able to?

I bought it and then traded it back in on a seperate bill it doesn't say you cant do that/. :p They are soo dumb anyway look at this

Trade in 2 ps1 games which would cost like 2 bucks if you can find 1 dollar ones at gamestop and get 3 bucks trade in. Buy nfl street which should cost 10-3(trade in) so the total is 7, trade that back in for 25 credit and get hitman contracts so that will cost you 5 because any new hot release is 30. Then trade that back in for 35 credit, lol, and buy another hitman contracts for 30 so you will have 5 left over on your credit and then trade that back in and buy another and keep on doing that, lol.

They sell ANY new hot release game for 30 with a trade in but they said they will give 35 for a used hitman contracts :eek: what morons, lol.

man i went to the farmington hills gamerush today and they were sold out of:

harvest moon GC
full spectrum warrior
Riddick
AND EVEN METAL SLUG 3!!

needless to say i left the store empty handed (well i still had my copy of NFL street that i brought for trade on this deal)

Yeah I think you may only supposed to get one offer per day, it might say that on something....but more power to you if you were able to.

I think this is just a test run for gamerush, to try to build up some stock, get some buzz on the store (that certainly has happened) and to possibly establish themselves as players. They wouldn't be able to offer these kinds of deals forever though, they'd lose too much money, not to mention all the preowned games on the shelves would be crazy taxi and hobbit. :)

[quote name='scuba'][quote name='jshorr']They let you trade it back in right away? My game trader said i'd have to come back the next day.....

[quote name='scuba']Yes they dont have any good used games except like nfl street but once you buy that trade it back in, you will get 25 trade ion credit and then since you can get any new release for 30 any new game they have will cost 5 plus tax, the person who did rang me up thought I was a freak, lol but I dont care I got a sweet deal on a 50 dollar game[/quote][/quote]

I was typing really fast and didn't re-read it and I now just read what I wrote and couldn't understand it, lol. Anyway yes why wouldn't I be able to?

I bought it and then traded it back in on a seperate bill it doesn't say you cant do that/. :p They are soo dumb anyway look at this

Trade in 2 ps1 games which would cost like 2 bucks if you can find 1 dollar ones at gamestop and get 3 bucks trade in. Buy nfl street which should cost 10-3(trade in) so the total is 7, trade that back in for 25 credit and get hitman contracts so that will cost you 5 because any new hot release is 30. Then trade that back in for 35 credit, lol, and buy another hitman contracts for 30 so you will have 5 left over on your credit and then trade that back in and buy another and keep on doing that, lol.

They sell ANY new hot release game for 30 with a trade in but they said they will give 35 for a used hitman contracts :eek: what morons, lol.[/quote]

[quote name='sevdustflyer']man i went to the farmington hills gamerush today and they were sold out of:

harvest moon GC
full spectrum warrior
Riddick
AND EVEN METAL SLUG 3!!

needless to say i left the store empty handed (well i still had my copy of NFL street that i brought for trade on this deal)[/quote]

Nine mile & Novi Road had Riddick in stock as of 5pm Saturday if that helps.

[quote name='evilmregg'][quote name='Wshakspear']too many Michiganders in this thread...kinda creepy![/quote]

Then I'll just add to the creepiness factor. Incidentally, any Michiganders in the Grand Rapids area? It would be cool to coordinate our local info. :D[/quote]

Yup. I'm in G.R. Don't bother hitting any Gamerush stores though...I've already cleaned them all out. :p

The 28th Street Gamerush had nice selection last time I was there. I picked up RalliSport 2 & Pandora Tomorrow there last week when they were doing the $4.99 deal.

yea the gamerush in farmington hills has nothing just get nfl street since the trade in value is 25, thats all I know, then trade it back in and get ANY new release for 30-25 trade in credit and thats still a great deal

Zphyle, I also live in South Lyon, MI and go to the same 3 Gamerushes that you go to. I've found Rallisport Challenge 2 at the Wixom GR, Red Dead Revolver at the Brighton GR, and Hitman: Contracts and Syphon Filter at all 3. It's all about getting lucky with your timing!

bread's done
Back