Gamerush Thread #6 Deal on New Games

uzumaki_star

CAGiversary!
New thread and will try to update this post as best I can so we can keep track of everything Gamerush in the thread. Trade-in prices, pre-orders, and deals offered from Gamerush.

Link to the Thread #2 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56713

Link to Thread #3 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66496

Link to Thread #4 - http://www.cheapassgamers.com/forum...ead.php?t=69110

Link to Thread #5 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71650&page=1&pp=50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy any Used game from Gamerush for 25% off started 9/13/05 and ends 1/31/06 Thanks io for the end date for the deal.

Buy any New game that is normally $49.99 excluding Xbox 360 titles will be $39.99. Started 11/22/05 and ends ?

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

(Thanks to Nemesis35 for these two deals too)
Purchase of either a Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness Bundled Gcube system or Mario Party Bundled Gamecube System you will receive your choice of 1 of these games:
Pikmin 2
StarFox: Assault
Paper Mario: Thousand year door
Metroid Prime 2
Geist
Legend of Zelda: legend of the 4 swords

Puchase of a Gameboy Advance (Not a SP):
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Mario Party Advance
Mario Pinball Land
Wario Ware Twisted

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

[quote name='sevdustflyer']Was playing 360 at a target by my gamerush today...boy am I glad I didn't pre-order. The call of duty 2 demo made me think that there was secretly an original xbox inside the 360 case, the graphics were nothing to write home about. The jaggies in Kameo made me wonder if it was in fact a ps2 inside there. Not to mention that all the ports from this generation seem to actually be worse on the 360. Congratulations microsoft, worst. launch. ever. Unless of course, perfect dark is sweet and that can save it.[/QUOTE]

FYI, a lot of different stores didn't properly hook up XBOX 360, or didn't have component cables. It was all over TXB forums, and I played XBOX 360 at my Best Buy and GameStop. At Best Buy, CoD2 looked a little better than how it looks when running on a top of the line PC, and Kameo had NO jaggies, and was very vivid and good looking. At my Gamestop, Kameo had jaggies all over the place, and looked like an XBOX game. CoD2 looked like as good as it does on my PC (I have an FX5200).

Don't judge it from the kiosks......

I'm really mad now that I need to wait an extra week. I had 4 days off for Thanksgiving, and my bro was coming in from college. It was the PERFECT time to have an xbox 360.

aaa how are you getting an xbox360 early? even if you preordered it, they wont let you have it before the street date 11/22, right? unless you get in on the early MD or MS releases, as I understand it. just wondering.

OK, sorry to break away from the Xbox360 discussion (as an aside my GR has NO Xbox360 stuff in yet - they say it will come Monday), but I have another ANNOYING GR experience to relate. Please note that I have only ever had a few annoying experiences at GR - most of my dealings there have been very good.

But... I was flying home today, hoping both my flights would not be delayed, my luggage wouldn't be lost (so I'd have to wait to fill out paperwork, etc) all because I was arriving about 11pm and it takes 1/2 hour or so to drive to GR. I wanted to get there before they closed so I could get my Mario Kart (and Dragonquest, Sonic Rush, etc) and then play it as soon as I got home.

So the guy brings out a bunch of games that were held for me in the back, including the ones I mentioned above. He can't find Viewtiful Joe and Mario Kart (but of course no problem on fucking Shadow the Hedgehog :D). He looks in the locked game case on the floor, he looks on the shelves. No VJ or MK. fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck...

Apparently they got 3 in that were all preorders, and SOLD ALL 3 of them. He says a replacement employee who was working earlier in the week must have just put mine out on the floor. fuck fuck fuckity fuck. So they have 1 more coming in at some vague point in the future, and it will be mine (of course, only if the one guy I talked to happens to be there and they don't put it out on the floor again!). Since I have NO way of knowing when that will be I'm pretty much screwed. He says they get a shipment tomorrow (Sat) and a big one Monday with the Xbox360 stuff. It might be in either of those, or it might come next Feb. Who the fuck knows? Dammit, of all those games, that was the ONE I wanted to play right away. Oh, and they have not yet received Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble yet. He informed me about the no more GBA/DS rental thing and said DS preorders from now on will be problematic. Wonderful.

Anyway, the upside is that he was very apologetic about it and gave me a $10 credit. I'll just go pick it up at EB tomorrow (they better not be out!) with my credit there and then if GR does get it in this weekend I'll return it to EB. If they don't get it by Monday I will MAKE THEM switch it to Animal Crossing (but who the hell knows if they will even get that?). That shouldn't be a problem actually - I inquired about returning Shadow the Hedgehog and while I would only get $30 for it they were willing to put in another preorder for me. I couldn't think of anything to preorder at the time (shocking, I know, but it was 3am Eastern time when I was in there - and even later now :D) so I decided to keep it for now. I have some more games to trade anyway, and, most likely, the Mario Kart to switch as well.

Why, however, would they not order any extra copies of this hot game, yet they have 4 copies of Lunar Dragon Song (meaning that with my preorder they ordered at least 5 of that game) sitting on the shelves? They have some messed up inventory control... I thought of all DS games coming out, this would be one you might want a few copies on hand in the store to sell. Obviously someone without a preorder was willing to buy it.

They also told me of the upcoming $39.99 new game deal and said the preorder deal will continue along with it. I'm still going to put in a few preorders this weekend anyway (assuming I can think of some games - can just double up Zelda and FFXII if not) just in case. I trust the info I get here over what they tell me at the local GR :).

By they way, they said the preorder deal is VERY popular all of a sudden and they had a huge stack of games traded in today. h2dk, you weren't in there today were you? :D When I was checking on some preorder possibilities, the guy mentioned how they have had problems in the past with games changing names - the he mentioned a specific problem with "Battlefield 2" vs "Battlefield Modern Combat". I just listened intently and had to refrain myself from saying I already knew all about that incident :D.

[quote name='io']

By they way, they said the preorder deal is VERY popular all of a sudden and they had a huge stack of games traded in today. h2dk, you weren't in there today were you? :D When I was checking on some preorder possibilities, the guy mentioned how they have had problems in the past with games changing names - the he mentioned a specific problem with "Battlefield 2" vs "Battlefield Modern Combat". I just listened intently and had to refrain myself from saying I already knew all about that incident :D.[/QUOTE]

No, I haven't traded there in awhile. I will probably hit there tomorrow since I have a few more games to dispose of and a couple to either pick-up or cancel. I need them to verify their 360 launch plans.

I had the same thing happen regarding selling one of my preorders. It was awhile back, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. I called, they said they had, I drove up there and, oops they sold it. This was on a Saturday, and to make up for it they let me take Doom3 early (had a street date the following Tuesday).

[quote name='aaa']FYI, a lot of different stores didn't properly hook up XBOX 360, or didn't have component cables. It was all over TXB forums, and I played XBOX 360 at my Best Buy and GameStop. At Best Buy, CoD2 looked a little better than how it looks when running on a top of the line PC, and Kameo had NO jaggies, and was very vivid and good looking. At my Gamestop, Kameo had jaggies all over the place, and looked like an XBOX game. CoD2 looked like as good as it does on my PC (I have an FX5200).

Don't judge it from the kiosks......
[/QUOTE]

I actually thought COD2 looked better and ran smoother than my $2.5k pc... which made me sad... then I played some FEAR ;)

(I agree that Kameo looked amazing as well!)

No Viewtiful Joe DS at my GR neither only mario kart.. oh well. hope they come soon..

also, anyone know how much does mario party 7 fetch at GR? thanx

Hmmm, this is turning into a 360 thread slowly. Is my GR the only one that is NOT letting me take my 360 games home yet? I'm going to stop there Monday after work (I have Madden 06 to trade in anyways....), I want to get some specifics with the launch. I'll either have mine midnight or Tuesday morning.

Well the Garden Grove store continues to be a beacon of light amongst the other crappy GR's. I was allowed to swap a need for speed xbox, for the 360 version (payed +10$), and I returned HalfLife xbox and picked up Mario DDR instead. I know it got great reviews, but it has not additional content from the pc game, and no multiplayer at all.

[quote name='gizmogc']My GR does not have any 360 games (or so they claim).[/QUOTE]

When i stopped in at my GR earlier the only games we didnt have in were call of Duty 2, Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo and maybe a couple more but those were the ones i was looking for anyway, and i checked the recent memos most GameRushes at least the ones in my area anyway wont be receiving those missing games until Monday's shipment and thats when the Rentals are required also just to rent one of those 360 games a valid CREDIT CARD is required that will be preauthorized before renting.

Also the new 50 cent Bulletproof game is in.

[quote name='Nemesis35']When i stopped in at my GR earlier the only games we didnt have in were call of Duty 2, Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo and maybe a couple more...[/QUOTE]

The stores around me are only missing PDZ and Kameo for the most part. No stores have more than the headset and silver faceplates for accessories yet.

EB has both, PD0 and Kameo. I played my Need for Speed in the store on the 360, it was good, but i did not like the pov from behind the car, it looked cell shaded. Looking out over the dash was awesome. The graphics feel very much like Half Life 2, very moody, dark and somber. PD0 looked good, and has a ton of multiplayer options, including coop. I think this is a must have.

I got the "official" call from Gamerush tonight, letting me know that they will be staying open until 12:30 if I want to pick up my 360. However, they have not received any of them yet and is certain that they will be in Monday morning....if not, he will call me and they will be in Tuesday....I will not hold my breathe.

[quote name='h2dk']I got the "official" call from Gamerush tonight, letting me know that they will be staying open until 12:30 if I want to pick up my 360. However, they have not received any of them yet and is certain that they will be in Monday morning....if not, he will call me and they will be in Tuesday....I will not hold my breathe.[/QUOTE]

And that's why I pre-ordered my system from Gamestop and the games from GR. You can't trust GR to receive ANYTHING.

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but I heard some new info about the 360 packages they were getting. A manager told me originally they were receiving 10 premium 360s and no core systems. This was in line with what was being said on this site for awhile. Well now he found out they are only get 8 360s, and 6 will be premium and 2 core. So that effectively cuts the number they are recieving in half (core is pointless). Heads up for people on the preorder list - check how far on the list you are.

[quote name='doubledown']Hmmm, this is turning into a 360 thread slowly. Is my GR the only one that is NOT letting me take my 360 games home yet? I'm going to stop there Monday after work (I have Madden 06 to trade in anyways....), I want to get some specifics with the launch. I'll either have mine midnight or Tuesday morning.[/QUOTE]

Mine is holding them hostage as well even though EVERY other GR in the area is selling them already! BTW quick buyers guide for the games i'm played so far.

NBA Live = :cry: Xbox version played so much better.
PDZ = :drool: (Online at least, haven't play much offline)
Kameo = :) i'm having fun with it, not that deep into it though.

Evertything else i'm waiting for Gamefly/GR/ my friend to bring his 360 games from his GR over.:cry:

Someone sold my Wild Arms: Alter Code F, god I hate them pulling that crap. He let me put the money toward Suikoden V though so yay. Legendia and new Suikoden mmm Gonna have some good games next year.

Not confirmed by me but one of my friends said he traded his Xbox in at GR for $85 store credit yesterday. He's not one to stretch the truth so I believe him.

I'm gonna keep mine but that seems like a pretty good price.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just went again today and again my local Gamerush didn't not get in Xbox Matrix Path to Neo yet. Hasn't think game been out several weeks? I am really get PO....can I change my preorder or something or get another game?

[quote name='buster90']HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just went again today and again my local Gamerush didn't not get in Xbox Matrix Path to Neo yet. Hasn't think game been out several weeks? I am really get PO....can I change my preorder or something or get another game?[/QUOTE]

Mine hasn't gotten it yet either, and there are at least 2 other people on here in the same situation too. Did you preorder the Limited Edition? That might be the problem because the LE got cancelled a while back but GR kept taking preorders for it. I was planning to go to GR later today so I will try again and see if I can get some answers...

[quote name='Zennousha']Someone sold my Wild Arms: Alter Code F, god I hate them pulling that crap. He let me put the money toward Suikoden V though so yay. Legendia and new Suikoden mmm Gonna have some good games next year.[/QUOTE]

holy crap, you mean your GR actually got it in?

Anyone know what HL2 is getting? Also, I notice that GUN goes for 20 bucks. I wonder why its trading so low? I'm going to hold off til Tuesday to trade it in, hopefully it will go up in trade value.

[quote name='rg0019']Anyone know what HL2 is getting? Also, I notice that GUN goes for 20 bucks. I wonder why its trading so low? I'm going to hold off til Tuesday to trade it in, hopefully it will go up in trade value.[/QUOTE]

They have about a billion rental copies of GUN. And did you ALREADY beat HL2? It's a great game. I'm getting it for XBOX for Christmas cause my computer isn't too good at running it. :(

just checked at my gamerush and they are only getting 6 xbox360's in. I'm 7th on the list. I did the preorder 2 days after they started accepting them and I live in some small ass town. I'm ultra pissed that I'm not getting my xbox 360. I officially give up on blockbuster. I'm sick of all the bull shit.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Mine hasn't gotten it yet either, and there are at least 2 other people on here in the same situation too. Did you preorder the Limited Edition? That might be the problem because the LE got cancelled a while back but GR kept taking preorders for it. I was planning to go to GR later today so I will try again and see if I can get some answers...[/QUOTE]
I'm still waiting for my copy, and I preordered only the regular version.

Also waiting on Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer. Apparently, they are only getting one 'for sale' copy, and that's the one I ordered. I'm not holding my breath, and likely will just cancel it.

yah I called me gamerush and they are only getting 6 too... I think I am atleast the 6th though bcause i preordered right after they started doing it but I hope im the 4th.

[quote name='takingchase']holy crap, you mean your GR actually got it in?[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing. The guy said the computer said they had one before but it was sold. He's been there as long as I've been going to that store so I'd hope he knows how to read the computer right by now. Maybe it's just that they had one on order(my paid preorder) and never got it so it looks sold and it just is a mistake in the computer.

Anyone know what the GameRush warranty is on used games? I picked up a copy of God of War about 2 weeks ago used and the game keeps freezing at the same spot. I still have the receipt. TIA.

return policy is 30 days if i am not mistaken. it should say on your receipt, which you will need (unless you bought the game on your account) to return/exchange it.

OK, here's some trade values! Trade quotes have really slowed here recently :D.

PS2 - Pinball Hall of Fame: $2.50
PS2 - Trivial Pursuit: $7
PS2 - Ace Combat 5: $6
GBA - Wing Commander Prophecy: $5.50
GCUBE - LOTR: Two Towers: $2.50 (meh)
XBOX - Turok: $0.50

They have really started to lower prices more in line with EB. That Turok quote sure sounds like an EB trade value to me :D. Unfortunately I was shot down on using that for a preorder, so I passed on that and Ace Combat 5. I had just returned from TRU where I got Ace Combat 5 for $10. GR is pretty up to date on their price drops these days. Oh well...

I looked through the PSP and DS preorder screens and didn't find much under PSP except for a few games I've never heard of: "PQ" and "Uncommon Death".

The DS had several new items, most of which I've also never heard of: Ice Age 2 (also for GC), Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi (or whatever it is - also saw it for GC), Moonlight Fables, Monopoly, Monster Truck DS, Resident Evil Deadly Silence, Real Time Conflict Shogun Empires, The Rub Rabbits (WHAA? - OK, looked at IGN, this is Feel the Magic 2), Scooby Doo Unmasked, Super Money Ball DS, Top Spin 2, Super Pac Man Pinball (I had heard this was cancelled), and Super Princess Peach.

I preordered Super Princess Peach (hey, I have kids) and a second Zelda TP (GC) since there wasn't anything else I wanted.

Maybe some of you will want to get the Resident Evil game preordered before Tuesday.

Cold fear for xbox only get's $6 as well. Same as Ace Combat 5. I was hoping like you were io that GR values would be worth more than the $10 I paid at TRU for those games each. Looking for another D2R2 score and struck out! haha

[quote name='buster90']HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just went again today and again my local Gamerush didn't not get in Xbox Matrix Path to Neo yet. Hasn't think game been out several weeks? I am really get PO....can I change my preorder or something or get another game?[/QUOTE]

Sorry about your store not getting this in yet. This happens rarely but sometimes some stores don't get shipments of games for a long while. It's strange but hey it happens. If I were you I would have them change it today because the pre-order deal ends today.

[quote name='uzumaki_star']Can someone tell me the trade-in value of these:

Resident Evil 4 PS2
From Russia with Love PS2[/QUOTE]

FRwL is listed as 30 on the gamerush site.

From Friday (sorry, went camping right after):

PS2 - MAT1 - $7
PS2 - Ghost Recon 2 ($5 at BB with coupon) - $6
Xbox - Dead to Rights 2 - $20
Xbox - Spartan: Total Warrior - $30

[quote name='y2jrevolution']FRwL is listed as 30 on the gamerush site.[/QUOTE]

Thanks y2jrevolution. I don't really go to there website but every once in a while. So that means after beating this game in one weekend I will end up losing all of five bucks in store credit I spent on it at GR by trading it in to my local BB.

That is why I love GR/BB because it is very rare for them to have different trade-in prices so I can get games from GR beat them then trade them in at my local BB and lose little to no money for games I get. This also works on certain games I am able to buy with cash also. So, I will be able to keep getting more and more games.

So can someone tell me is there going to be a new trade in deal to replace the Pre-order deal since I know that the $39.99 deal is just on new games that are $49.99 and you don't have to trade-in anything to do it?

[quote name='eraser813']Cold fear for xbox only get's $6 as well. Same as Ace Combat 5. I was hoping like you were io that GR values would be worth more than the $10 I paid at TRU for those games each. Looking for another D2R2 score and struck out! haha[/QUOTE]

Yah I posted a bunch of TRU greentag game trade in values a few days ago... All of them were either a dollar or two over $9.99 or even lower $6.

WTF...my GR just told me they arent doing a midnight release for the 360!!! Ive already picked up PDO, Madden, and PGR3 from EB saturday and NEED MY SYSTEM!! I should be cool for a premium system, Im 3rd on the list) Oh, and btw, Saturday I got the following trade prices:

xbox hardware--$67.00
Battlefield MC--$35.00
Halo--$7.00
Halo 2---$7.00
controller s---$5.00

[quote name='rs600cubed']WTF...my GR just told me they arent doing a midnight release for the 360!!! Ive already picked up PDO, Madden, and PGR3 from EB saturday and NEED MY SYSTEM!! I should be cool for a premium system, Im 3rd on the list) Oh, and btw, Saturday I got the following trade prices:

xbox hardware--$67.00
Battlefield MC--$35.00
Halo--$7.00
Halo 2---$7.00
controller s---$5.00[/QUOTE]

Don't feel bad dude, i've had my system since saturday and my GR is holding my games till tonight at midnight. :bomb: I had to rebuy what i could find at other stores and then will return my GR copies.

$67 for an Xbox? My friend said he got $85 on saturday here, but again I didn't see the receipt and just took his word since he doesnt usually clown around like that. It did seem like a good trade price though, maybe they had the old price listed somewhere on the board or something and had to honor it....

bread's done
Back