Gamerush Thread #6 Deal on New Games

uzumaki_star

CAGiversary!
New thread and will try to update this post as best I can so we can keep track of everything Gamerush in the thread. Trade-in prices, pre-orders, and deals offered from Gamerush.

Link to the Thread #2 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56713

Link to Thread #3 - http://cheapassgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66496

Link to Thread #4 - http://www.cheapassgamers.com/forum...ead.php?t=69110

Link to Thread #5 - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71650&page=1&pp=50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

Buy any Used game from Gamerush for 25% off started 9/13/05 and ends 1/31/06 Thanks io for the end date for the deal.

Buy any New game that is normally $49.99 excluding Xbox 360 titles will be $39.99. Started 11/22/05 and ends ?

Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

(Thanks to Nemesis35 for these two deals too)
Purchase of either a Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness Bundled Gcube system or Mario Party Bundled Gamecube System you will receive your choice of 1 of these games:
Pikmin 2
StarFox: Assault
Paper Mario: Thousand year door
Metroid Prime 2
Geist
Legend of Zelda: legend of the 4 swords

Puchase of a Gameboy Advance (Not a SP):
Final Fantasy: Dawn of Souls
Mario Party Advance
Mario Pinball Land
Wario Ware Twisted

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

[quote name='billyknoxville']Can you guys stop bitching about GR not getting in games. This thread is for video game deals, not Game Rush bitching.

You can post this is the FAQ if you want:

Gamerush gets there new release games in on WEDNESDAY, not Monday, not Tuesday, WEDNESDAY.

95% of the time when you ask a clueless Blockbuster or Gamerush CSR when a game comes out, they will quote you a FRIDAY, assume the game comes out the WEDNESDAY of that week.[/QUOTE]

Sure he might have a decent reason to be bitching, but I wasn't going to let him get away with it after making that post ^^^^^.

Billy, I think you can pick one up at ebay, they are selling for about 1K... Sorry to hear about your GR experience, but hey what can you expect, they can't keep the record straight second to second.

damn, no more preorder goodness. it will be back once the number crunchers find out their preorder numbers amount to zilch. awaiting the next big deal along with everyone else.

I picked up my 360 today....pretty darn sweet. I picked up that and 5 of my 6 launch games...still no PD0. I did get Madden, Tiger, Condmened, Quake and CoD2.

They had a bunch of controllers and a wireless adaptor and a few faceplates (no play & charge kit)

I may check back tomorrow for it and my Pd0. I still have $112 in credit and I'm going to trade in a few of my XBOX games. I wish I would've got 2 360's now....$1000+ on EBAY, that's just NUTS!

Xbox 360 is alot better than I imagined, and I've just played one of the games so far. Call of Duty 2 is awesome.

My GR got in Kameo today, but still no accessories aside from the faceplate and headset, and the only game they are missing is the regular Perfect Dark Zero.

Wow, the ebay auctions for Xbox 360 are insane. I've seen some go over $1000 for just the premium system. I went out today at 2pm and checked my local Fred Meyer. They had 10 this morning and a line that started at 5pm yesterday. Needless to say they sold all 10 at 7am... I had no intention of getting an Xbox 360 and passed up the opportunity to preorder at GR and EB. Would I get one now if I could find it and ebay it? Damn right I would - over $1000 is probably excessive, but say it goes for $800 - the profit would just about cover all the Christmas presents for my kids. Still not worth it to wait overnight outside though :D.

Funny story - some young guy (ie, typical CAG age) who must have bought one of the 10 was looking at the games with his girlfriend - he apparently wanted her to pick a game. She said "Where's Mario Kart?". Then she started complaining all the games were sports and "shoot 'em ups". Welcome to Xbox - fucking hilarious... He should have got her one of those Nintendogs bundles and a Mario Kart DS - wouldn't have had to wait in line in sub-freezing temps overnight :D.

h2dk - I hope all goes well with your pickup. Make sure you get there early. There's a good chance our GR will do to you what billyknoxville's did to him, especially if the wrong employees are there today.

[quote name='io']Wow, the ebay auctions for Xbox 360 are insane. I've seen some go over $1000 for just the premium system. I went out today at 2pm and checked my local Fred Meyer. They had 10 this morning and a line that started at 5pm yesterday. Needless to say they sold all 10 at 7am... I had no intention of getting an Xbox 360 and passed up the opportunity to preorder at GR and EB. Would I get one now if I could find it and ebay it? Damn right I would - over $1000 is probably excessive, but say it goes for $800 - the profit would just about cover all the Christmas presents for my kids. Still not worth it to wait overnight outside though :D.[/QUOTE]

As much as I wanted to keep the system I couldn't resist selling on Ebay as well. After it went for 1k /w a game and free shipping I felt much better.

[quote name='io']
Funny story - some young guy (ie, typical CAG age) who must have bought one of the 10 was looking at the games with his girlfriend - he apparently wanted her to pick a game. She said "Where's Mario Kart?". Then she started complaining all the games were sports and "shoot 'em ups". Welcome to Xbox - fucking hilarious...
[/QUOTE]

Should have gotten her Kameo to keep her quiet. :p

[quote name='kojubat']I can confirm. They had a bunch of flyers about the $39.99 deal, and I confirmed with the GameRush employee that the preorder deal has ended. I didn't actually try it, but the person is usually pretty knowledgable about the deals.[/QUOTE]

I used the preorder deal today and it worked just fine... I think as long as you don't point out its not on the new flyer it works out still. Preordered a 360 game to boot.

[quote name='x_fiddle']I used the preorder deal today and it worked just fine... I think as long as you don't point out its not on the new flyer it works out still. Preordered a 360 game to boot.[/QUOTE]

Damn - you are just having a great fucking day aren't you? :D ($1000 for Xbox 360, preordered a Xbox 360 game for $30, what else?)

for those of you thinking about selling your systems on ebay you better watch out. All the winners seem to be people with 0 feedback especially on the ones going for over a thousand. Most likely those sellers will never receive any money

[quote name='takingchase']for those of you thinking about selling your systems on ebay you better watch out. All the winners seem to be people with 0 feedback especially on the ones going for over a thousand. Most likely those sellers will never receive any money[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you sell you should deffinantly check the "require immediate paypal payment" box. Then you get paid right away :)

So, I take it no one else heard about 50% off pre-owned games/movies on Friday morning? I read it at DVDtalk.com, so I'm just a messenger.

Anyways, going to trade a few more games in tomorrow. I really have no need for them since they are not playable on the 360 now.

Trade in values.
Traded in these today.

True Crime: New York City (GC) = $30.00 (very crappy game. It finally came in yesterday at GR, almost a week late. I'm glad it still gets 30 bucks).

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GC) = $24.00
Alien Hominid (GC) = $12.00
I-Ninja (GC) = $6.00
Medal of Honor: Frontline (GC) = $4.25
Doom 2 (GBA) = $8.00

I checked the next on Sat. or Sun.
BloodRayne 2 (Xbox) = $6.00
Suffering (Xbox = $7.00

I didn't trade these.
Wolfenstein: Tides of War (Xbox) = $2.50
Midtown Madness (Xbox) = $2.50
Beyond Good and Evil (PS2) = $2.50 I think
HomeRun King (GC) = about $1.50

[quote name='Green-Bull']Is GR/BB still doing that thing where if you buy a $50 Gift card, you get an extra $5 or whatever? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

My local GR was...

[quote name='henhowc']Gamerush even taking prepays for future Xbox 360 systems?[/QUOTE]

Not at mine. I'm basically assed out unless I wander into the store the exact minute they get their next shipment.

[quote name='henhowc']Gamerush even taking prepays for future Xbox 360 systems?[/QUOTE]

My has a list that you can put your name on, but they are not taking any money

i have to admit i am torn about whether or not to sell my 360, it sure would be nice to put the bonus cash towards an HD tv but, on the other hand, it feels dirty after my GR was nice enough to make sure i was at the top of the list for being such a long-time and frequent customer

the thing is i have so many great games that i haven't finished or started on current gen systems that i can't imagine a six week wait being all that hard

[quote name='io']

h2dk - I hope all goes well with your pickup. Make sure you get there early. There's a good chance our GR will do to you what billyknoxville's did to him, especially if the wrong employees are there today.[/QUOTE]

I went to my local Freddy's at 6 AM, 12 people in line...10 consoles, next. I went to Costco at 8am, first in line...something must be up so I just sat in my car. Several more cars pulled in and we waited. 9 am, an employee comes out...they got ZERO 360s...crap. I drove to Wilsonville, checked Costco there, ZERO 360s. Oh well, picked mine up at 10:00 AM this morning...now it is on Ebay...I couldn't resist (Merry Christmas kids:)).

I cancelled my preorder for Operation Flashpoint, and they credited me back $39.99 (instead of $29.99). I put my name on the list for another 360 as I have ~$400 in credit. They knew nothing of a sale on Friday. Narcice (sp?) is still out of the country, said he was MIA. They finally got ahold of him yesterday, he is still in Africa...has been sick.

GR actually had the 360s in the back with names on them for the first 5 that preordred. (I called a couple times to verify that they wouldn't let it go)

They had my PO of COD2, but their selection was piss poor otherwise.

I'm selling my XBOX 360 on EBAY tomorrow (having trouble with setting up account, so ill deal with it tomorrow)

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Microsoft-X...236157390QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

THat one just went for close to $1700!!!!!!!!

I am selling the XBOX 360 premium with Kameo. I am hoping to get at least $1,250, but as long as I get $1000, I will be jumping for joy. That $600 profit will get me a free VX9800 ($300 cell phone) and another $300 for future software. I will get an xbox 360 next week from GameRush to keep. I am so tempted to open my xbox 360, PDZ, and wireless controller so I can play some multiplayer with my bro who is in from college, but I don't want to risk losing money.

[quote name='andrew333']i have to admit i am torn about whether or not to sell my 360, it sure would be nice to put the bonus cash towards an HD tv but, (...)

the thing is i have so many great games that i haven't finished or started on current gen systems that i can't imagine a six week wait being all that hard[/QUOTE]

That was my exact line of reasoning!

The $450 i made off ebay after paypal and ebay fees helps quite a bit towards HDTV funding. I also figured that since I have a stack of 20+ games to finish/start I have enough to do for along while till they become more readily available.

[quote name='x_fiddle']That was my exact line of reasoning!

The $450 i made off ebay after paypal and ebay fees helps quite a bit towards HDTV funding. I also figured that since I have a stack of 20+ games to finish/start I have enough to do for along while till they become more readily available.[/QUOTE]

it is tempting but i think i have decided to keep it despite the potential for profit, gr made special efforts to allow me to have priority on the list and i don't want to dishonor them

My GR finally started selling 360 games yesterday afternoon and theygot controllers in today.

I was going to rent condemned but they have a new policy requiring you to have a CREDIT card on your account, debit cards are not acceptable. I've rented from Blockbuster since they opened and now your gonna tell me I cant rent something just because I choose not to have a credit card? I use my debit card for everything and am in this store 2-3 times a week and you don't want my business now? Blockbuster is already in big financial troubles and now they are turning away lots of paying customers......... They had no 360 games rented out and the cashier said lots of people had been angry about the new policy.

fuck GR, as soon as my remaining $75 credit is gone i'm done with them, i've been unhappy with them for awhile before this. Well i'll be gone at least untill another stupid trade in value game comes along that will let us put more nails in their coffin. Gamefly is gonna get huge as this new generation of gaming rolls in.

[quote name='io']WHAAA? Nemesis, is this the case? I was planning on sitting out the Black Friday madness (no *really* good deals and I've become a much bigger cheap-ass since last year when I got up early and rushed to Target to get Tales of Symphonia for $24 or whatever it was). But I can cruise on up to GR at 10-11 AM if this deal is true. I might be in there tonight and I'll ask about it. Hopefully they won't all be in full Xbox360 mode :D.[/QUOTE]

This would be sweet if it happened but i have heard nothing about anything like this and would Blockbuster being in the financial troubles thats its in now i doubt they would set up such a money losing deal like that. But from a customer perspective that would be sweet.

[quote name='$hady']
I was going to rent condemned but they have a new policy requiring you to have a CREDIT card on your account, debit cards are not acceptable.[/QUOTE]

I thought they always required a credit card. I put one on the account I opened like 10 years ago... I always thought that was the way you had to do it. No biggie for me, I never use debit cards - not even sure what they are or what they are good for :D. I have an ATM card I use occasionally, I guess that also doubles as a debit card. I just want to stomp people who use debit cards at gas stations here in OR (because they have to get out of their cars and type in pin numbers while the one guy pumping gas stands there with his back turned holding everyone else up). With a credit card it is one swipe and your gas is on it's way. Just so you know WTF I'm talking about, you aren't allowed to pump your own gas in OR, so you have to have attendants do it - makes it VERY slow at places like Costco where there are alot of people, especially if they use debit cards :D.

Sorry I'm rambling, I'm just really really bummed that I didn't drop a 360 preorder when I had the (multiple) chances... Gonna go play DQ8 now.

Some trade values:
XB Powerdrome Racing $12
XB SW Republic Commando $19
PSP Twisted Metal $16

DVD Matchstick Men WS $3

[quote name='io']Just so you know WTF I'm talking about, you aren't allowed to pump your own gas in OR, so you have to have attendants do it - makes it VERY slow at places like Costco where there are alot of people, especially if they use debit cards :D.[/QUOTE]

So those dumb asses actually give the attendants their pin numbers? Amazing.

Does anyone knoe what they give GR: Summit Strike for trade in?

[quote name='io']I thought they always required a credit card. I put one on the account I opened like 10 years ago... I always thought that was the way you had to do it. No biggie for me, I never use debit cards - not even sure what they are or what they are good for :D. I have an ATM card I use occasionally, I guess that also doubles as a debit card. I just want to stomp people who use debit cards at gas stations here in OR (because they have to get out of their cars and type in pin numbers while the one guy pumping gas stands there with his back turned holding everyone else up). With a credit card it is one swipe and your gas is on it's way. Just so you know WTF I'm talking about, you aren't allowed to pump your own gas in OR, so you have to have attendants do it - makes it VERY slow at places like Costco where there are alot of people, especially if they use debit cards :D.

Sorry I'm rambling, I'm just really really bummed that I didn't drop a 360 preorder when I had the (multiple) chances... Gonna go play DQ8 now.[/QUOTE]

I'm not talking about an atm card, i'm talking about a debit card. Probably like 99% of debit cards today are credit debit cards. You don't enter the pin unless you are retarded and want every transaction to be charged a $.25 fee, maybe more depending on your bank. I have a Visa debit card at one bank and a Mastercard debit at another bank. They work EXACTLY like a credit card the only difference is the money comes directly out of your checking account instead of building a balance on credit. The only thing you can't do with a debit card that you can do with a credit card is buy money orders at the post office you. This is the only time you ever NEED to enter the pin number and get charged the $.25 fee.

They used to allow debit cards with no problem at all and they said i'm still free to rent anything else in the store besides the 360 games.. Whatever, i'll go to Hollywood video or just rent online from now on.:roll:

[quote name='$hady']I'm not talking about an atm card, i'm talking about a debit card. Probably like 99% of debit cards today are credit debit cards. You don't enter the pin unless you are retarded and want every transaction to be charged a $.25 fee, maybe more depending on your bank. I have a Visa debit card at one bank and a Mastercard debit at another bank. They work EXACTLY like a credit card the only difference is the money comes directly out of your checking account instead of building a balance on credit. The only thing you can't do with a debit card that you can do with a credit card is buy money orders at the post office you. This is the only time you ever NEED to enter the pin number and get charged the $.25 fee.

They used to allow debit cards with no problem at all and they said i'm still free to rent anything else in the store besides the 360 games.. Whatever, i'll go to Hollywood video or just rent online from now on.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Well the credit card secures your account and if you did rent the game and chose to own it by just keeping it we would be able to charge you and we would have a higher chance of getting our money back for the game. Besides i know at my store we only have 1 copy of each game so if someone kept it that would suck especially if they didnt get billed through the credit card it could be awhile before we get another one

Traded in a few XBOX games I had no use for anymore:
Madden 06 = $15
Links = $1.50

They still did NOT have in my Perfect Dark Zero I pre-ordered. Hopefully by Friday. One GOOD thing, I rented NHL 2K6 with my FREE rental coupon from blockbuster.com. Glad to see those work on 360 games! They didn't have much to choose from, I think they had one rental of each game. I almost got King Kong, but I'll use my other rental on that. Only a FIVE day rental on 360 games....so it says (not sure if they NO LATE fees applies)

Any one trade in these games?
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory GC
UPC: 008888152149

TimeSplitters: Future Perfect GC
UPC: 014633148640

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles GC
UPC: 045496961275

Then please let me know how much for each game. Thanks

Just got back from my local Gamerush. Got put on the "call list" for the post preorder 360. I was told that they would be getting in a shipment by the end of the week of Core systems only, and I could pick up one of those, or wait till around Christmas for a regular 360. I haven't decided what to do yet, but I'll probably wait since no-one has hard drives in stock yet anyway. I traded in half my Xbox collection; Here are the prices:

Lego Star Wars $12
Jade Empire LE $6
Rainbow Six 3 $2.50
Fallout:Brotherhood of Steel $6
WWE Wrestlemania 21 $19
Secret Weapons Over Normandy $7
Ghost Recon:Summit Strike $12
Total Overdose $19
Return To Castle Wolfenstein $2.50
The Punisher $7
Brother in Arms:Hill 30 $7
Medal of Honor: European Assault $12
Playboy:The Mansion $9
Call of Duty:Big Red One CE $30

Also All three Jurassic Park DVDs are getting $3 each

Just got back from my GR and picked up Shadow of the Colossus for PS2 used for $27.81 after tax. Amazing game so far, although I've only beaten the first 2 collosi. :D

What does Half-Life 2 trade in for? I haven't even touched it yet, but I have a feeling with the 360 now, I might barely touch it.....I could probably pick it up CHEAP in a few months.

or

Burnout Revenge trade value? (not 360 BC)

Traded in:

Dragon Quest VIII - 27 bucks (90 hours of turn based battles? No thank you.)

Bought:

Doom III Limited Edition - 20 (10 hours of dark halls with a flashlight? Sure, why not)

I also stopped over my friends house to play the 360, he had one controller so there was no multiplayer action to be had. Between the two games he had - perfect dark and call of duty my favorite had to be geometry wars evolved.

[quote name='$hady']I'm not talking about an atm card, i'm talking about a debit card. Probably like 99% of debit cards today are credit debit cards. You don't enter the pin unless you are retarded and want every transaction to be charged a $.25 fee, maybe more depending on your bank. [/QUOTE]

Like I said, I'm clueless about those cards. All I know is people at gas stations here are *always* getting out of their cars (when not otherwise necessary here in OR) and entering pin numbers for gas. I just use credit for everything - THOUGH, it turns out just a few weeks ago my Costco AMEX card number was swiped and was being used in CA to purchase things. I have only ever used that card at Costco and Costco gas. I got back at them yesterday by returning a portable DVD player I bought 1 1/2 years ago :D. Wierd on that swiped number though - I have always had the one and only card with me, but somehow they got the number and made a fake card with it (I keep all staements for at least a year and shred anything I get rid of, thus my conclusion that it was an inside job at Costco). The card got used in Irvine and other SoCal places. I always hated Irvine (my friend went to grad school there) :D. Apparently they denied someone using a fake card at a store and sent me a notice about it - then we found 4 other fraudulent charges that they didn't catch. Anyway, rambling again...

[quote name='sevdustflyer']
Traded in:
Dragon Quest VIII - 27 bucks (90 hours of turn based battles? No thank you.)
[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... I'm about 4 hours in. Is it really 90?? So far it has been fun but I am growing tired of the random surprise battles. I'm used to games like Tales of Symphonia and Radiata Stories where you can somewhat avoid outside battles if you want. In DQ8 they keep popping up every few steps it seems!

[quote name='aoLat']
Just got back from my GR and picked up Shadow of the Colossus for PS2 used for $27.81 after tax. Amazing game so far, although I've only beaten the first 2 collosi. [/QUOTE]

Hey, I popped that one open a few days ago and got to exactly the same point. I've since moved on to DQ8 but I'll get back to it soon.

-------------------

OK, it's nothing like selling an Xbox360 for $500 profit, but that Shadow the Hedgehog game that GR would only return for $30 (or let me get another preorder), I just sold on ebay for $45. Why someone would pay near full-priced retail for a game + shipping on ebay I have no idea, but into the mail it goes :D. (Though I understand that more than I understand spending $1000 on an Xbox360!). So I actually came out ahead from preordering that crappy game (and GR got their preorder + delivery with no return so they are happy). I've actually heard conflicting things about it (maybe it isn't as bad as the reviews say) - I'll pick it up again later at the CAG "buy any game" threshold of $5 - $7.

I guess the 50% off used games on Friday is no more than a rumor?

[quote name='doubledown']What does Half-Life 2 trade in for? I haven't even touched it yet, but I have a feeling with the 360 now, I might barely touch it.....I could probably pick it up CHEAP in a few months.

or

Burnout Revenge trade value? (not 360 BC)[/QUOTE]

last time i checked, half life 2 was going for $27 and burnout revenge was trading in at $19 credit :)

[quote name='io']Like I said, I'm clueless about those cards. All I know is people at gas stations here are *always* getting out of their cars (when not otherwise necessary here in OR) and entering pin numbers for gas. I just use credit for everything - THOUGH, it turns out just a few weeks ago my Costco AMEX card number was swiped and was being used in CA to purchase things. I have only ever used that card at Costco and Costco gas. I got back at them yesterday by returning a portable DVD player I bought 1 1/2 years ago :D. Wierd on that swiped number though - I have always had the one and only card with me, but somehow they got the number and made a fake card with it (I keep all staements for at least a year and shred anything I get rid of, thus my conclusion that it was an inside job at Costco). The card got used in Irvine and other SoCal places. I always hated Irvine (my friend went to grad school there) :D. Apparently they denied someone using a fake card at a store and sent me a notice about it - then we found 4 other fraudulent charges that they didn't catch. Anyway, rambling again...

Hmmm... I'm about 4 hours in. Is it really 90?? So far it has been fun but I am growing tired of the random surprise battles. I'm used to games like Tales of Symphonia and Radiata Stories where you can somewhat avoid outside battles if you want. In DQ8 they keep popping up every few steps it seems!

Hey, I popped that one open a few days ago and got to exactly the same point. I've since moved on to DQ8 but I'll get back to it soon.

-------------------

OK, it's nothing like selling an Xbox360 for $500 profit, but that Shadow the Hedgehog game that GR would only return for $30 (or let me get another preorder), I just sold on ebay for $45. Why someone would pay near full-priced retail for a game + shipping on ebay I have no idea, but into the mail it goes :D. (Though I understand that more than I understand spending $1000 on an Xbox360!). So I actually came out ahead from preordering that crappy game (and GR got their preorder + delivery with no return so they are happy). I've actually heard conflicting things about it (maybe it isn't as bad as the reviews say) - I'll pick it up again later at the CAG "buy any game" threshold of $5 - $7.

I guess the 50% off used games on Friday is no more than a rumor?[/QUOTE]

You know I pondered the same thing about ebay, and I came to two conclusions.

1) People live in remote locations with no video game stores
2) People do not have a bank account / credit card / etc, and thats why they use money orders.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Anyone got this week's trade value (i.e. since yesterday) for Xbox Star Wars Battlefront 2? If its still 35, I'm there.[/QUOTE]

according to GR's website, it's still $35 credit :)

just wondering for those who have mass amounts of credit. have you tried checking to see if your inactively used cards still have said credit amounts on them? just wondering since it isnt too hard to get a hold of a card number and drain it unbeknownst to the owner while it sits on his/her dresser (or wherever). just something to ponder about.

[quote name='nakanenui']just wondering for those who have mass amounts of credit. have you tried checking to see if your inactively used cards still have said credit amounts on them? just wondering since it isnt too hard to get a hold of a card number and drain it unbeknownst to the owner while it sits on his/her dresser (or wherever). just something to ponder about.[/QUOTE]

Oh, great, thanks... Now I feel like I have to go check mine ASAP :D. Aftter my Costco AMEX got swiped without anything being stolen I certainly know it is possible.

[quote name='stoned99']You know I pondered the same thing about ebay, and I came to two conclusions.

1) People live in remote locations with no video game stores
2) People do not have a bank account / credit card / etc, and thats why they use money orders.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, except that the guy who bought my Shadow the Hedgehog for $45 lives in Costa Mesa, CA and paid with PayPal :D. But, in general, I agree - a few of the things I have sold have been to remote places. But there is a third category that covers those $1000-$1750 Xbox360 buyers - WAY TOO MUCH disposable income. :D. They are such the antithesis of CAGers that I don't think any of us can comprehend it, really.

BTW, I poked around the Xbox360 auctions this evening and they are down considerably, which was almost ineviteble given that there are literally 4 or 5 ending EVERY MINUTE right now. The variation is pretty staggering too. I saw one core system go for $305 - sucks to be that seller. Yet some premiums are still getting $700 or $800 (and some just around $500). If MS really can't deliver many more before Christmas I would expect the price to go back up as the initial glut of ebay selling subsides.

bread's done
Back