GameRush Thread #8 No Current Deals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shipwreck

Staff member
Feedback
91 (100%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Sales Deals

There are no sales at this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-In Deals

There are no trade-in deals at this time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reported Trade-In Prices

All recent trade-in prices will be listed here along with the date they were reported. Trade-in prices are usually universal at both Blockbuster and Gamerush, but there are some that differ per region. Trade-in prices generally change on Tuesdays.

:ds:

$10
Polarium 1/8/06
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory 1/15/06

$4.50
Sprung 1/8/06

:gba:

$10
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn Of The Souls 1/23/06

$2
Cartoon Network Block Party 1/15/06

:gc:

$30
Mario Strikers 1/5/06

$27
Fight Night Round 2 1/5/06

$24
Geist 1/25/06

$1.25
Metroid Prime 1/9/06

:ps2:

$30
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 Collector's Edition 1/21/06

$28
Need For Speed: Most Wanted 1/23/06

$27
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (differs by region)1/16/06
Dynasty Warriors 5 1/7/06
God Of War 1/25/06
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms X 1/12/06 (Possibly dropped to $10)

$24
Disgaea 1/19/06
Echo Night 1/25/06
Kuon 1/25/06

$22
Killzone (differs by region) 1/8/06

$21
Psychonauts 1/22/06 (Down from $24)

$19
Ghost In The Shell 1/25/06
Haunting Ground 1/11/06
King Of Fighters Maximum Impact 1/16/06
Nightmare Of Druaga 1/16/06
Samurai Western 1/22/06
Winning Eleven 8 12/31/05
World Tour Soccer 2006 1/19/06

$13.50
Metal Slug 4 & 5 1/5/06
NASCAR 2005: Chase For The Cup 1/19/06

$12
Killer 7 1/9/06
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms IX 1/9/06

$10
Alien Homind 1/23/06
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (differs by region) 1/1/06
Killzone (differs by region) 1/9/06
Romance Of The Three Kingdoms X 1/16/06 (Possibly dropped from $27)

$7
Killzone (differs by region) 1/11/06
Madden 2005 1/19/06
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 1/19/06
The Sims: Bustin' Out 1/19/06
SpongeBob SquarePants: Bikini Bottom 1/19/06

$6
Burnout 2 1/19/06
Powerdrome 1/16/06

$5.50
Dead Or Alive 2: Hardcore 1/21/06

$5
Siren 1/24/06

$4.25
Fallout: Brotherhood Of Steel 1/25/06

$1.50
Duel Masters 1/2/06

:psp:

:xbox:

$28
Need For Speed: Most Wanted

$27
Flatout 1/16/06
Half-Life 2 1/3/06

$24
GunGriffon: Allied Strike 1/24/06

$19
Burnout Revenge 1/2/06
Galleon 1/20/06
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 1/19/06
King Of Fighters Maximum Impact: Maniax 1/12/06
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory 1/5/06

$16
Winning Eleven 8 1/9/06
Wrestlemania 21 1/20/06

$15
King Kong, Peter Jackson's 1/9/06

$12
FIFA Street 1/23/06
PowerDrome Racing 1/12/06

$10
X-Men Legends II: Rise Of Apocalypse 1/2/06

$9.50
Monster Garage 1/19/06
Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic II 1/19/06

$7
American Chopper 1/19/06
Kung Fu Chaos 1/15/06
Prince Of Persia: Warrior Within 1/9/06
Silent Hill 4 1/9/06
Sonic Mega Collection Plus 1/19/06
Spider-Man 2 1/19/06
X-Men Legends 1/9/06

$6
Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time 1/9/06
Project Gotham Racing 2 1/9/06

$4.25
Red Dead Revolver 1/19/06

:360:

$35
Amped 3 1/21/06
Call Of Duty 2 1/24/06

$28.50
Kameo 1/7/06
Perfect Dark Zero 1/24/06

$28
Madden 06 1/21/06
Need For Speed: Most Wanted 1/23/06

$9
Headset 1/8/06

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

$21.99 for 1 Game

http://www.gamerush.com/rules_gamepass.php click this link to find out about gamepass at Gamerush.

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions. Website updates happen but most deals are in effect way before they are updated on gamerush.com so check in the thread for the newest deals.

http://www.gamerush.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links to previous Gamerush Threads: 2 3 4 5 6 7

[quote name='VA']Anyone know when GR is going to get a new batch of 360s?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know too, because mi madre said that I could FINALLY use some of my communion money towards a 360. And I already have $113.50 in credit there, so I'm definitely buying my 360 from GR. And yes, I do realize what I just said makes me look like a little kid. Deal with it. :D

[quote name='banpeikun']What the heck is communion money?[/QUOTE]
First Communion? Catholic sacrament/rite of passage... had that when I was in 2nd grade, sure you didn't mean Confirmation?

[quote name='banpeikun']What the heck is communion money?[/QUOTE]

It's like when all the black people got money because whitey kept their ancestors as slaves way back when......

Jews get this money and wafers.....

[quote name='$hady']
Jews get this money and wafers.....[/QUOTE]

ITs motza bread dammit, lol. Hey, we built the pyramids, what more do you want.

So, just got back from the Wesley Chapel & Land o Lakes gamerushes. Both were out of Phoenix Wright >

[quote name='elmyra']There were definitely only two left last night. Maybe they put more out, or more likely, he didn't really check and went from memory.[/QUOTE]

Snagged the two you were talking about, plus another two that were on the shelf.

The entire Tampa Bay region TRU's are cleaned out of Geists now.

OK, then, back to GR...

I went to a TRU and lo and behold, they had a pile 'o Geist. They must have pulled them out of their *ss since they weren't there before.

Anyway, I was a happy camper.

Someone mentioned them getting decent value at Gamestop, so I thought, what the hell, and brought one with me to the nearby GS. They had a Kuon and Echo Night Beyond and their Buy 2 Get 1 free promo running. Geist only got $12, but I figured why not, that's $2 profit and I didn't want to trade too many into GR anyway. As my free game I took a wild stab in the dark and picked Fallout Brotherhood of Steel for PS2. Like Kuon and ENB, it looked like a new game being sold as used. Well, it was a big 'meh' at Blockbuster as it only fetched $4.25, but considering what it cost that isn't too bad :D. I was hoping to get Metal Arms for GC as my freebie at GS, but it was freaking $17.99 used for a beat up copy. This is why I don't like such places.

While I was out I was also running around to several Gamecrazy stores trying to find things like DDS and all those other wonderful GC sale items (WHY oh WHY can't GR run sales like that!?). After 2 or 3 GC's, seeing their Geists up there on the wall for $49.99, it finally dawned on me to ask what it traded in for. D'oh! I'm so used to trading only at GR, that it never occured to me until late in the game to try to cover some of the expense of games I was buying with cash at GC using trade-ins. Well, Geist gets $18.18 at Gamecrazy, so I used one there to get a doscounted Phoenix Wright (since my GR only ever had one and someone else got it). I wish I had thought of it before I bought Atelier Iris, Shining Tears, EyeToy Antigrav, and a few other games.

ANYWAY, I still have a couple of Geist left to actually use for trading to BB/GR :D. And it appears I can get more if need be at TRU... No Gungriffon though.

Anyway, in case you missed it in the missive above, Ship, you can add this to the OP:

PS2 - Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel: $4.25

[quote name='io']
While I was out I was also running around to several Gamecrazy stores trying to find things like DDS and all those other wonderful GC sale items (WHY oh WHY can't GR run sales like that!?). [/QUOTE]

Two things...

1) GR would actually need an excess of games, and not a limited supply like they have now.

2) They'd actually have to get in the niche games that they always pass on, most of Gamecrazy's sale is the niche games that didn't sell well it seems :p

[quote name='Roufuss']Two things...

1) GR would actually need an excess of games, and not a limited supply like they have now.

2) They'd actually have to get in the niche games that they always pass on, most of Gamecrazy's sale is the niche games that didn't sell well it seems :p[/QUOTE]

True enough - many of the GC sale games are Atlus titles, and we all know how well stocked GR is on those ones :roll:. As for low stock in general, this is particularly a problem at my GR - you guys with your multiple Phoenix Wright's are privy to well-stocked GR's :D.

Sorry in advance for the lengthy post.

I just had a bad experience trading Geists at GR today. I sent Roufuss a PM, but he pointed out that I should put it in the forum so that other locals will know (Pinellas County, FL).

Anyway, as I said earlier in this thread, I got six Geists. I called a GR to verify the rule about trading two per location per day, and set out to get rid of my games. I went to the GR on 34th Street South, and traded two Geists, plus a couple of other games (no duplicates among the other games). No questions were asked at that point about the two Geists. I went on to the 49th Street location, and ran into a problem.

It seems that the two per day rule is district-wide locally. While I don't think anyone will notice if you trade in one game per store, if you trade in two of a single game at a time, some kind of a hold is put on your account that all of the other stores can see, preventing you from trading any more of that game on that day.

At the 49th Street store, the clerk (who was the store's assistant manager) scanned two other games for me with no problem. When she tried to scan a Geist, though, she said that there was a hold in the system preventing me from trading it. For some reason the hold was from the 9th Street store, not 34th where I had traded. She immediately asked me if I had already traded in two at the 9th Street store, and I said no, which was the truth.

She called the manager of 9th Street to ask about the hold, and while she was waiting for him she asked if I had traded two copies today anywhere. I told her about the two at 34th, and when the 9th Street manager got on the line she told him that she had solved the problem and hung up.

That's when she explained that the hold is to prevent people from "taking advantage of the system." She told me a story about some guy who had - horrors! - traded two copies of a game at three locations in the same day. He apparently got his trading privileges revoked. I think she may have said that he did it with more than one game, though.

The clerk initially made it sound like a warning flag manually added to the account, or a call from one store to another - I didn't think until later about how it didn't come up until she tried to scan the game. She did still take the other two games normally, so hopefully this won't lead to a banning.

So Shipwreck, you work at GR, right? Is there anything in the system that could automatically flag an account like that, or is it something that has to be entered manually?

[quote name='$hady']It's like when all the black people got money because whitey kept their ancestors as slaves way back when......

Jews get this money and wafers.....[/QUOTE]

Those are reparations, not communion....

[quote name='elmyra']

So Shipwreck, you work at GR, right? Is there anything in the system that could automatically flag an account like that, or is it something that has to be entered manually?[/QUOTE]

Ship doesn't work at GR.... No one here does, they all got fired. OK, I'm exaggerating - one insider who posted deals here got in trouble for it, and another got in trouble for trading in a bunch of games.

I don't know about the district-wide thing, that's the first I've heard of it. 2 copies of a game PER DAY district-wide should be no problem though, and is reasonable. Just take 2 more the next day. As long as that is all they are doing with this enforcement (and not planning to ban you because you tried).

As always, though, even though their rules state 2 per day, it is never a good idea to push it even with 2 at just one store - all it can do is raise flags... I haven't brought 2 of a single game in since the TRU 90% green tag sale a year ago when I was a newbie at game trading (2x Xbox Mojo, ah the good ol' days).

[quote name='io']Ship doesn't work at GR.... No one here does, they all got fired. OK, I'm exaggerating - one insider who posted deals here got in trouble for it, and another got in trouble for trading in a bunch of games.[/Quote]

Oops, sorry to Shipwreck, I thought I had seen that.

I don't know about the district-wide thing, that's the first I've heard of it. 2 copies of a game PER DAY district-wide should be no problem though, and is reasonable. Just take 2 more the next day. As long as that is all they are doing with this enforcement (and not planning to ban you because you tried).

Yeah, it's not a big deal to slow it down, but they said "...per location," and everyone here says that one store can't see what you do at another, so I assumed that I was safe. My suspicion is that 9th Street did call 4th Street, and the manager on duty at 4th put the flag in the system. I used the same Blockbuster card to open GR trade acounts at all three stores. Maybe that was my error, since the trade accounts are all tied to the same basic Blockbuster account. I was assuming that trade accounts were separate, since they told me that if I put credit on my account, it could only be used at that store. Doh!

As always, though, even though their rules state 2 per day, it is never a good idea to push it even with 2 at just one store - all it can do is raise flags... I haven't brought 2 of a single game in since the TRU 90% green tag sale a year ago when I was a newbie at game trading (2x Xbox Mojo, ah the good ol' days).

This was my first time doing it, since I was in a hurry and worried that the price on Geist would drop. I certainly won't be doing it again!

[quote name='elmyra']
This was my first time doing it, since I was in a hurry and worried that the price on Geist would drop. I certainly won't be doing it again![/QUOTE]

Fair enough! Hope everything is OK for you tomorrow (or whenever). You probably ought to lay low on the Geists until at least the weekend :D.

[quote name='aoLat']I'd like to know too, because mi madre said that I could FINALLY use some of my communion money towards a 360. And I already have $113.50 in credit there, so I'm definitely buying my 360 from GR. And yes, I do realize what I just said makes me look like a little kid. Deal with it. :D[/QUOTE]

Communion? That's in second grade. Just how old are you? 9? Don't you have to be 13 to register here? I know you have to be 17 to play some of the games in your sig, I'm calling Jack Thompson.

Okay, I think I've got all the trade-in prices updated in the OP now. Looks like it's time to make a new thread anyway, so I'll start up a new one and close this one down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back