Games/Accessories to compliment my in-laws' new Wii

Dr. Strangepork

CAGiversary!
My father-in-law bought my mother-in-law a Wii for this Christmas. As our family's resident gamer, they are turning to me for ideas on games and accessories to go along with the base system. Unfortunately, I'm not up-to-date on the latest Wii stuff (I'm a PS3 owner).

I thought I'd turn to my fellow CAGers to see if they had any suggestions beyond an extra controller.

Can you guys make and recommendations on suggested games and/or accessories?

A few things to remember:

1) My in-laws are in their 60s.
2) Outside of Windows solitaire, they aren't video gamers (I don't think RE4 would be a good fit :))
3) However, they have shown an interest in some of my games on my ps3 specifically SingStar and some racing games

Anyone else have parents or grandparents that have a Wii? What do they enjoy?

Thanks a bunch!

Dr. SP

Wii Fit would be one good causal game. Wii Play would be good as well.

Also, Smarty Pants (now that is it $20 or less) and Endless Ocean.

Last edited by a moderator:
Racing games? Excite Truck. No Wii racing game has dethroned it.

That said though, I'm not a Mario Kart fan, but maybe they'd be into that too.

were getting my parents a wii for xmas, they're 50. they also got my 75 year old grandpa one lol! they love wii sports, wii play, mario kart... my mom really likes the carnival games game (forget the name) and im sure wii fit would be a good idea!

also, maybe an extra wiimote (or wii play since it comes with one) and maybe an extra nunchuck (they cant play some 2 player games without 2 wiimotes AND 2 nunchucks)...

My grandma loves Carnival Games, & I think World of Goo would be a good fit for people who don't usually play video games.

Maybe Wii Music? I haven't played it but it seems like a great choice for non-gamers.

I'm trying to think if there are any Virtual Console games that might be good...

Dr. Mario, older persons and women seem to love that quack doctor ;)

Seriously, you can't go wrong with simple, pick up and play puzzle games.

True, especially multiplayer puzzle games. I remember playing Pokemon Puzzle League with my mom, it was very fun! That was back during the awesome age of the N64, which was when I was a little kid. Oh those days were grand.

How about some slower, more cerebral-oriented games? Those point-and-click adventures ported from the PC might be a good fit (I'm thinking of the Agatha Christie ones in particular).

[quote name='lilboo']An Xbox 360 :nottalking:[/quote]
:roll:

--R.J.

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll be sure to take them into consideration as I make some choices based on my, admittedly limited, budget.

Dr. SP

bread's done
Back