Games for Windows Live on Sale?

nlyonssmith

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
CAG,

I'm wondering if you have ever seen any titles via the Games for Windows Live go on sale. Specifically, I'm wondering if the current $19.99 price of World of Goo will ever drop. I'd like to get the GFW Live version for achievements but not if it's twice as much as another option.

I haven't seen anything go on sale on GFWL. World of Goo was $4.99 on the Steam Holiday Sale but that just ended. It's dropped down that low a couple times at various places but I don't know of anywhere that it is on sale atm.

Banjora is correct. Steam had some excellent sales and this would have been a good time to get that game. Hopefully you can check on steam and see if they have any weekend deals on the game but no one is certain of the time this is going to happen.

GFWL had a sale during the Steam sale, where many games (including World of Goo and the excellent Osmos) were 50% off.

Microsoft's digital content (games, movies, DLC, etc) "sales" kind of suck compared to other distributers (Steam Direct2Drive, etc). I've never seen anything go below 50% off, and never has the sale item actually been something worthwhile or new. It's always either a crappy game or a game that's been out for at least 6 months that I've either already purchased or have no interest in. Frankly, I'd actually be surprised if any GFWL games actually have a decent sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, according to PcGirl's thread, you may find FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage and Lost Planet: Colonies Edition at local / online outlets.

Big Lots
Half Price Books
Books a Million
Oops Outlets
Inetvideo.com
Amazon.com
Gogamer.com
Five Below
Ollie's
Staples
Marshalls
TJ Maxx

I found the following GFWL games on Amazon.com for under $10 new (free shipping w/ prime).

FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Lost Planet: Colonies Edition
The Club
Universe At War: Earth Assault
Viva Piñata

bread's done
Back