Games I wish they would bring out

nneace

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Here is a small list of games I would like to see come out in North America for the PSP:

1). Disgaea 2: Much better leveling system (Healers get EXP for healing), and adds more dynamics than the original. I just keep imagining this game with the collection percentage found in Disgaea for PSP.
2) Suikoden 1 & 2: I heard it was out in Japan, would be awesome to add to the collection.
3) Final Fantasy 7: Everyone wants it, so why not.
4) Final Fantasy 6: My favorite in the series, it would be nice to see them rework the graphics like they have been doing with previous releases.

Well what do you guys think?

I REALLY hope they bring Disgaea 2 to the PSP. I like Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness but only getting Exp. when a character kills someone really drags the game down...

FFXII (Honestly its not the best FF game out there, but I thoroughly enjoy exploring and there's so much stuff and things to do in the game, it really reminds me of an offline MMO). But realistically, that's never going to happen, unless FFXII supported multiple UMD discs.

On the otherhand, I'm waiting for Gran Turismo/Gran Turismo 2 to be added as a PSX game for the PSP.

I'm patiently waiting for Persona to come to the PSP. The release date is listed as TBA, which sounds like an eternity. Also, Wild Arms: Crossfire. God, I hate waiting for games to be translated.

I forgot to add:

5) Dark Cloud 1: Not as fun as the sequel, still a good game
6) Dark Cloud 2: Level 5 is a great company, and this is a great game.

[quote name='nneace']I forgot to add:

5) Dark Cloud 1: Not as fun as the sequel, still a good game
6) Dark Cloud 2: Level 5 is a great company, and this is a great game.[/quote]

Dark Cloud 2 with the Georama Golf thing...that would be great :D Or better yet, Dark Cloud 3 for the PSP as well as the PS3?

[quote name='nneace']Here is a small list of games I would like to see come out in North America for the PSP:

1). Disgaea 2: Much better leveling system (Healers get EXP for healing), and adds more dynamics than the original. I just keep imagining this game with the collection percentage found in Disgaea for PSP.
2) Suikoden 1 & 2: I heard it was out in Japan, would be awesome to add to the collection.
3) Final Fantasy 7: Everyone wants it, so why not.
4) Final Fantasy 6: My favorite in the series, it would be nice to see them rework the graphics like they have been doing with previous releases.

Well what do you guys think?[/QUOTE]
With custom firmware and the original PS1 discs all but Disgaea 2 are already playable on the PSP (though all but FF6 are very expensive).

[quote name='PenguinMaster']With custom firmware and the original PS1 discs all but Disgaea 2 are already playable on the PSP (though all but FF6 are very expensive).[/QUOTE]
Not only are the discs expensive but it's not that easy to install custom firmware if your firmware is above 3.50 and you don't already know someone with custom firmware.

The only one of those games that even has a reasonable chance of coming out on the PSP is Disgaea 2, IMHO. And even that wouldn't be for a while, since NIS is busy with Disgaea 3 on the PS3.

Maybe a slim chance of a FF7 remake on the PSP, since Crisis Core did fairly well, they can just use that engine. But a FF6 remake would almost certainly be on the DS (like III and IV)

I would have to say keep bringing over the RPG's...

A few I would love to see brought over for the US market would be:

Breath of Fire 3 (I have seen the import versions at Bestbuy)
Breath of Fire 4
Shining Force 1-3 (remake them with updates to graphics like FF1-2)
Ogre Battle
Namco X Capcom (Hell they released it on the PS2 in Japan they should translate it and port it to the PSP)

Over all just flood it with RPG's lol

[quote name='Derrick1979']I would have to say keep bringing over the RPG's...

A few I would love to see brought over for the US market would be:

Breath of Fire 3 (I have seen the import versions at Bestbuy)
Breath of Fire 4
Shining Force 1-3 (remake them with updates to graphics like FF1-2)
Ogre Battle
Namco X Capcom (Hell they released it on the PS2 in Japan they should translate it and port it to the PSP)

Over all just flood it with RPG's lol[/quote]

I totally agree Ogre Battle.

[quote name='nneace']It also got me thinking:

1)Diablo 2: With Adhoc, that would be awesome![/quote]

If they simplified the controls (obviously less slots for spells and such), i think it would be a great game.

There probably aren't going to be any more Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre games (or ports), because Square-Enix bought out the company that made them (Quest) and thus now own the rights. They barely do much with the Final Fantasy Tactics brand

[quote name='nectarsis1']Yea the Tactics remake for the psp, Tactics Advance (and soon part 2)....yep..Tactics is ignored???[/quote]

You really think that 2 original games in the series and 1 port, all on handhelds in 10 years after the original game out on a console is a lot?

You can't get much cheaper than doing a GBA game. And the DS game looks like a GBA game, using the same graphics. And PSP version isn't a remake, but a fairly straight port of the PS1 title, done badly, too, with lots of slowdown. The only reason they even did that because they wanted to charge $40 for it, instead of having Sony sell the PS1 title in their online store for $10.

I guess they could have put them on mobile phones. But other than that and ignoring it completely, I don't see how they could have put less effort into the brand.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Well what is that Ad-hoc thing?[/quote]

Local multiplayer. As in, you need someone next to you (or within wireless range) to play against.

[quote name='nneace']Yeah just Ad-Hoc, and I haven't played any games with it? Has anyone else?[/quote]

Played a friend in Winning Eleven via Ad-Hoc before, no lag at all.:D

I totally agree with Parasite Eve Series as well as Diablo. Most of the playstation 1 rpgs would be a great addition to any collection.

bread's done
Back