games like final fantasy tactics?

dkreegz515

CAGiversary!
need a simple strategy rpg like final fantasy tactics that i can play on my netbook. also for any netbook owners what simple games do you play on your netbook. thanks

Take a look @ my Free And Legal PC Games there. Under the Strategy - Turn Based and RPG section you will find MANY games like FF Tactics. Most of the games on that list work on Netbook.

My Netbook has a great many games on it with 2 games pad at the ready for a friend :)

If you don't feel like wadding through that list you can try battle for wesnoth, It has many campaigns/stories, while each story focuses a group of main characters, the game play itself is more about strategy, in addition to the main charecter you have a whole army at your command and territorial control is required for most missions. The game also is far more linear than ff tactics and offers very little customization of you charecters.

[quote name='itachiitachi']If you don't feel like wadding through that list you can try battle for wesnoth, It has many campaigns/stories, while each story focuses a group of main characters, the game play itself is more about strategy, in addition to the main charecter you have a whole army at your command and territorial control is required for most missions. The game also is far more linear than ff tactics and offers very little customization of you charecters.[/QUOTE]

That game is on the list in the Strategy section under Turn Based Strategy - 2D. It's a great game with an awesome sound track and the gameplay mechanic is very reminiscent of FFT. There also a great deal of MODs available for it.

[quote name='dkreegz515']yeah im looking for something with fft theme and customization... so far im going to get fallout 1.[/QUOTE]

Fallout 1 is a great game but it's not like FFT at all. You should enjoy it either way though. It's a classic.

If you are going to fallout route you could go with fallout tactics, personally I think it is the best of the series. It dosen't have as much of a story but your charecters are very customizable.

Jagged Alliance 2?

Barring that, have you looked into the d20 computer games by Bioware, namely the Baldur's Gate series? Fantasy setting with a hybrid real-time and pause-n-play battle system.

Also, there is a new-ish game that came out called Grotesque Tactics, which is a game that parodies the Tactics games. Might be something you might enjoy.

King's Bounty is supposed to be a good Tactical RPG, though I haven't played it myself yet. I couldn't say if it's 'simple', but then, I don't know know if any tactial RPG could honestly be called that.

EDIT: Just noticed King's Bounty is $9 today on Impulse, for what it's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back